Book Talk

Hunger Games *Catching Fire* Trailer Finally. (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

Cup-Of-Chai

IF-Stunnerz

Cup-Of-Chai

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 7:47am | IP Logged
^^
Exactly! I think the movies won't be up to the mark. People who haven't read the books will just think it's another twilight or something as the movies don't do justice to the books.

Btw when i was reading Mockingjay i was thinking did Suzzane Collins write this one while sleeping? The ending was so so so Awful, everyone just kept dying.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hunger Games *Catching Fire* Trailer Finally. (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 7:21am | IP Logged

At first even I found the continuous deaths at the end really depressing, especially that of a very important character (for the benefit of those who haven't read it, not revealing details here). But I guess that was just Collins way of showing the gist of the story that in the end war doesn't benefit anyone and the end-result is only death and destruction. She just gave a realistic view of the effects of war on the common people. So I didn't have much issue with the death, only sadness. But the way the ending was handled was pretty hap-hazard, as if she just couldn't wait to finish off with the story.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Cup-Of-Chai

-Infinity-

-Infinity-

Posted: 10 July 2013 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Hmm. agree! I think the books have a kind of thing... they make us fell in love with it! But movies they don;t go as deep as the books.. ! I feel katniss and finncik are awesome. ! :D I could read the book a million timess... :D They have a nice concept to bring on! :D And more-over Peeta is kind-of sad which i hate, he's being friendly but from heart sad. Anyways Katniss made a special bound with Peeta and Finnick. :D Excited for the movie. :D Even the dialog "tick-tock" :D 

Cup-Of-Chai

kristenbell62

kristenbell62

Posted: 12 July 2013 at 1:06am | IP Logged
yeah the trailer is awesome...

Akankshaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

Akankshaa.

Posted: 14 July 2013 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
i absolutely can not wait to see finnick i cried like a baby when he died LOL almost refused to even finish the book, how am i gonna handle it in the movie.. 

not really a peeta fan. he was supposed to be this perfect sweet guy and so was prim, like basically perfect flawless people and i hate any character which is portrayed like that. but i liked him in the last book, he had an 'edge' and their relationship turned out very exciting. :P 

Edited by Akankshaa. - 14 July 2013 at 4:31pm

-Swetha-

LadyStark

IF-Rockerz

LadyStark

Posted: 16 July 2013 at 7:12am | IP Logged
I think the books are much better because in the last movie they did'nt show Madge or Peeta's father giving Katniss the cookies...Ermm

I am excited for Catching Fire. I love Gale and Katniss together and Jennifer Lawrence is doing an amazing job playing Katniss ! Can't wait to see Finnick.

Edited by NBTanHa - 20 July 2013 at 2:15am

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 16 July 2013 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zephyr29

What do you think of the casting for Finnick Odair?
Not too good ! 
I imagined him as Enrique Iglesias 
this one doesnt even come close LOL

zephyr29

..Labyrinth..

IF-Dazzler

..Labyrinth..

Posted: 28 July 2013 at 10:29am | IP Logged
I honestly cannot wait for Catching Fire!

After Harry Potter, I didn't think anything could come close. And while it will always be my favourite; The Hunger Games is one of my favourite series. 

It's so...different and so refreshing. 
It's one of those things that really struck a chord with me and actually had an emotional impact on us as the audience. Taking place in a dystopian future, the idea of children having to fight each other to the death to remind the districts for the "treason against the Capitol" just for taking part in the rebellion is terrible. Some even say it could very well be possible and that it serves as a wake up call. The books raise extremely important issues too.

Plus, the actors are great. Though the movie did miss some things, I still loved it. Jen Lawrence is a great actress, I think she was perfect for the role! And she's awesome. 

~ Faye.

Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 28 July 2013 at 10:38am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-zephyr29

Post Reply New Post

Go to top