Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Akankshaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
i absolutely can not wait to see finnick i cried like a baby when he died πŸ˜† almost refused to even finish the book, how am i gonna handle it in the movie.. 

not really a peeta fan. he was supposed to be this perfect sweet guy and so was prim, like basically perfect flawless people and i hate any character which is portrayed like that. but i liked him in the last book, he had an 'edge' and their relationship turned out very exciting. :P 
Edited by Akankshaa. - 10 years ago
LadyStark thumbnail
I think the books are much better because in the last movie they did'nt show Madge or Peeta's father giving Katniss the cookies...πŸ€”

I am excited for Catching Fire. I love Gale and Katniss together and Jennifer Lawrence is doing an amazing job playing Katniss ! Can't wait to see Finnick.
Edited by NBTanHa - 10 years ago
hit_homerun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

What do you think of the casting for Finnick Odair?

Not too good ! 
I imagined him as Enrique Iglesias 
this one doesnt even come close πŸ˜†
ohsehun. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I honestly cannot wait for Catching Fire!

After Harry Potter, I didn't think anything could come close. And while it will always be my favourite; The Hunger Games is one of my favourite series. 

It's so...different and so refreshing. 
It's one of those things that really struck a chord with me and actually had an emotional impact on us as the audience. Taking place in a dystopian future, the idea of children having to fight each other to the death to remind the districts for the "treason against the Capitol" just for taking part in the rebellion is terrible. Some even say it could very well be possible and that it serves as a wake up call. The books raise extremely important issues too.

Plus, the actors are great. Though the movie did miss some things, I still loved it. Jen Lawrence is a great actress, I think she was perfect for the role! And she's awesome. 

~ Faye.
Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 10 years ago
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
That's why its so poignant and even relevant because it actually deals with two important aspects of 21st century - Reality TV and war & violence.

Even Suzanne Collins herself said how one night she was constantly switching channels and all that was being shown on TV was war and conflict in the news channels and reality shows in others. She was shocked how at one end of the world children fell victim to war, violence and desperation, and on the other hand people were almost obsessively fascinated with reality shows and eagerly following almost every move of contestants' lives on TV. That's what served as inspiration for the Hunger Games.

So its not so difficult to imagine a scenario like this happening for real sometime in the future. It is a sobering view of society today. 
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Thank you so much for sharing the trailer link! πŸ€—
Can't wait for this movie to release! 
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
That was an amzing trailer :)
helen_of_troy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing the trailer dearπŸ€—
In the first book they missed many imp scenes btw katniss n peeta
i mean i didn't find the spark btw them which i found i the book n truly enjoyed it
yup, me too hate gale n katniss but i love finnick soo much
Though i wished it should have ended in a diff way