Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -aakanksha-

The judiciary in India is independent of the executive and the legislature only in textbooks and the constituion. If it was actually the case then perhaps we would have a much better judicial system. India should do away with the multi-parties system and probably adopt a federal government system like in the US. Like it was in olden days of India.

Btw, didn't these riots lead to the Air India Flight 182 crash in 1985?

yes.. funded for by Khalistani terrorists breeding in Canada.
Originally posted by: Yankees

The concept of Khalistan is the biggest win of the ISI, in their "masterplan" of breaking up the country. It will never happen but its just sad how widespread it is today among educated, well to do people.
Originally posted by: -Castiel-

Because none of the perpetrators have ever been punished for their part in these crimes. There have always been accusations against people like Ab Sr but they have always been brushed under the rug but now thanks to the far reach of the media, these things are coming out in the open :)

Agreed. All this poor woman wants is some justice so she die peacefully. Unfortunately, India is not divided by religions but by classes. A poor person, no matter what religion, will never get justice.
Yankees thumbnail
Originally posted by: guess_wh0

The concept of Khalistan is the biggest win of the ISI, in their "masterplan" of breaking up the country. It will never happen but its just sad how widespread it is today among educated, well to do people.

Well there is nothing sad about it, its called perspective, where some 'educated,well to do people' believe it and other 'educated, well to do people' don't.

Everyone has their facts to go by, there is enough content out there to support both sides, you choose the side you would like to stand by. Simple.
-Castiel- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The Air India flight is one of the most shameful acts to be borne out of this tragedy. Sadly though that one act if so vastly highlighted and some people use that one act to nullify all the wrongs done against Sikhs.

This is not meant towards you. This is something that I have noticed generally.

Well there is nothing sad about it, its called perspective, where some 'educated,well to do people' believe it and other 'educated, well to do people' don't.

Everyone has their facts to go by, there is enough content out there to support both sides, you choose the side you would like to stand by. Simple.

Not really!

Khalistan, even if achieved, doesn't have the resources to sustain as an independent country. NRI money can only take you so far. I can understand somebody, not as well educated but when you hear it from doctors, economists ...it is kinda sad.
Yankees thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Castiel-

The Air India flight is one of the most shameful acts to be borne out of this tragedy. Sadly though that one act if so vastly highlighted and some people use that one act to nullify all the wrongs done against Sikhs.

This is not meant towards you. This is something that I have noticed generally.

This is the only the second time I have noticed where it is brought up in a 1984 discussion.

My stance on this doesn't go well with other IFians.

I dont condemn Operation Blue Star, in fact, I think it was necessary given the circumstances. What happened afterwards was chaos, fueled by both sides. Post IG's death, leaders should have taken control instead of going on television saying 'khoon ka badla khoon'. 
So you don't condemn an army open firing on 1000's of innocent pilgrims?

I don't care if Osama was stuck in there. Killing innocent people is never "necessary", especially on one of the busiest days of the year at the Golden Temple.

I guess its ok to blow up a whole movie theatre too, if one terrorist is in there.

Pretty inhume. Glad to know it didn't go well with the IIFans, it wouldn't with anybody really, except staunch right wingers.
Edited by guess_wh0 - 11 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: guess_wh0

Unbiased documentary on Operation Bluestar and the 1984 riots. It's very basic and doesn't go into much details but its a good start for anybody interested.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcvlKz8JoY[/YOUTUBE]

I am watching it right now , reached till 22:20 where they said this many soldiers were killed and this many Bhindawala's men ... what abt common ppl ????? they chose the day of attack when there was more crowd than any normal day , A Day of 5th guru's Birthday ... so many ppl were there who got killed by the Army 
-Castiel- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

[This is the only the second time I have noticed where it is brought up in a 1984 discussion.

My stance on this doesn't go well with other IFians.

I dont condemn Operation Blue Star, in fact, I think it was necessary given the circumstances. What happened afterwards was chaos, fueled by both sides. Post IG's death, leaders should have taken control instead of going on television saying 'khoon ka badla khoon'. 

I was not referring I-F discussions. I was referencing to general discussions that take place in regards to Operation Blue Star.

In regards to whether or not Operation Blue Star was necessary or not, we can have an endless discussion on it and I doubt I could change your stance. I have no intention of trying either.

All I wish to say on this topic is that if this was taken care of sooner like it should be in a democracy, people would not be filled up with so much hatred towards Indian judiciary/government.