Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: supriya.arshi

After goin thro 26 pages of Celebration , Pictures nd all the emotions Arhi may hav gone thro with their Hug  (i swear i would hav gone mad if i read more on the HugπŸ˜†)

i hav finally done my edit on 100

here is the link : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/81281474

Hoe u guys lik the edit 😊 nd i hav replied to most of your thoughts nd reviews in the previous pages do check 😊

m havin a sad day...u knw the feeling...once u get so attached to a book or rather a character in the book...nd in the end of the 3rd series the author decides to end her story...it truly breaks your heartπŸ₯Ί...m goin thro tht right now 😭

oh honey, i know how it must be, kind of like when we found out they were goind to put and end to Arnav Singh Raizada????? i shiver at the very thought. Thank GOd  we didn't let it happen.  Never been a big reader like my sis. IPK is first time i've got soo attached to the characters so that's all i can  compare it to. what book were you reading? well i can only hope the author had a greater purpose for doing that, and hope you can move on soon.πŸ€—
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
The convo on Khushi's all baring mehendi outfit got me thinking. Arnav had no objection to her non-existent choli but could not see her dori open. so he called her aside and tied it for her. It was as if the untied dori was immodest, not the outfit as a whole.  On normal days the way Khushi hung her dupatta round her neck hardly served the purpose of covering her chest. Though that is what the purpose of wearing a dupatta is supposed to be. Contradiction in portrayl of character? Cinematic licence?

In the real India too,I think, the dupatta is more a symbol of modesty, than modesty itself. It might or might not cover the female body. There is no doubt that in urban areas it is merely a fashion accessory. But even in rural areas, it is much the same, just a symbol of the feminine. In the villages of Rajasthan, women cover their head with veils upto their chin, but their chest is not covered by dupatta, and therefore exposed. In Punjab too the stress is more on covering the head than the torso. In rural Bengal women wear saris minus the blouses.Most tribal women in India do the same, leaving their shoulders bare. The saris of women labourers are short exposing their legs. Makes you wonder. What is modesty really?

Edited by wiwy - 11 years ago
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
My son has thanked you all for your good wishes for his Earth day movie called 'The Colour Green' and has promised that in his movie venture with BS he will cast all of you in Special Appearance and that includes me!😭 Smaaart Bway!
BTW he showed us a copy of his film. The best part was a convo with a dustbinπŸ˜† I think he is a good at this. I am so proud of him.

Re: Riddle No.8:
I am going to Shantiniketan Thursday morning and will return on Sunday. Is it okay if I post the answer on Monday? You Chamkilis can take a few more coffee shots in the meantime or have you already given up?πŸ˜† 
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

but that must be the pakoda, na? acidity? caaman sense, isn't it.

Hmm.. it was actually quite unrealistic that she knew the all the fine details and nuances of how to create romantic ambience by giving some alone time for a couple and she didn't know what she feels for him!! Indeed caaman sense!:)

she's embarrassed, he too.
she sees dust on his jacket... eyes widen, he's puzzled she goes to dust it off quickly, then again awkwardness. delightful. though i keep thinking crying over what's done is pointless, there are moments when i miss this jodi and wonder if i'll ever see such powerful attraction onscreen again. and feel their acidity right in me.

You exactly echo my sentiments dear!!
anjali shows her stern side when she insists payal stay back for tea, despite

Anjali is one such powerful lady, almost had that royal air about her, affectionate yet assertive if need be, who was turned into an unbelievable damp squib!!

As beautiful and vibrant analysis as Khushi looked in that orange lehenga Indi!! My comments in blue.
[/QUOTE]

hi horizon, sorry for late reply... i had gone to buy tamatar and chappal 🀣 🀣 🀣.

you are not a barun fan. wow. this is good to know. so this behemoth can be resisted.  πŸ˜†. hey, i am glad you are cool with saying it as it is. and then the honesty to declare, man has the skills. i think there's  a real actor brewing in there. in a rash moment have even said, i will look forward to seeing him when he is old and bald too.

you are right, it was sanaya really that so many times made khushi palatable, bearable, especially toward the last bit. though actually even sanaya had to struggle like crazy during the dopey achhi bahiu days. but she was a casting coup all the way through;
and she wasn't even the first choice like barun and daljeet also weren't. metro lissome fair cosmopolitan girl, who just donned crazy churidar kameez and became small town middle class caaman girl. the contrast worked and the touch of sophistication in khushi's lunacy just sparked the whole thing. a more expected look might have never given kkg the oomph she needed, of course there was her superior talent too. very superior not too old pale.

so you too felt her not sensing why the dhakdhak post besan day was a bit weird? this myth about "good girls" never having any desires, never understanding when their heart races for a man, ugh the hypocricy and manipulation of it.

anjali could have been something else... but alas, the let's ruin all characters race just took them all.

thanks so much for liking the post. very nice of you to comment.

[/QUOTE]

@ Indi, don't  mind at all, I myself am so much entangled in asli duniya last few days. It was indeed a pleasure always to read you. I do hope .. or we make sure to petition..:) for you to be one of the CVs if and when season 2 happens.

Hey you don't need to restrain urself at all reg. Barun, I don't mind reading at all, just that I may not be able to contribute to that apple biting..:)

@Red: bang on.

I don't think there would even be anyone who would argue that Khushi was NOT weird, just that their acceptance levels to it may vary.
@Blue: Although they meant ASR to be an enigma, surprisingly he was a open book relative to KKG. How pleasantly uplifting had it been, if  instead she were to be shown to be not giving in to that attraction although she realized it. Oh well, then that would n't be Khushi perhaps!!!

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: supriya.arshi

After goin thro 26 pages of Celebration , Pictures nd all the emotions Arhi may hav gone thro with their Hug  (i swear i would hav gone mad if i read more on the HugπŸ˜†)

i hav finally done my edit on 100

here is the link : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/81281474

Hoe u guys lik the edit 😊 nd i hav replied to most of your thoughts nd reviews in the previous pages do check 😊

m havin a sad day...u knw the feeling...once u get so attached to a book or rather a character in the book...nd in the end of the 3rd series the author decides to end her story...it truly breaks your heartπŸ₯Ί...m goin thro tht right now 😭

any more of the hug and you'd go...πŸ˜† come let me give you a πŸ€— πŸ˜†.

why are you sad? which author did this to you? tells me, c'mons. and who is the character? hope your sad sort feeling slides away soon. off to see your hu hu hundred collage. not every hu must end in a g.
😳

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

The convo on Khushi's all baring mehendi outfit got me thinking. Arnav had no objection to her non-existent choli but could not see her dori open. so he called her aside and tied it for her. It was as if the untied dori was immodest, not the outfit as a whole.  On normal days the way Khushi hung her dupatta round her neck hardly served the purpose of covering her chest. Though that is what the purpose of wearing a dupatta is supposed to be. Contradiction in portrayl of character? Cinematic licence?

In the real India too,I think, the dupatta is more a symbol of modesty, than modesty itself. It might or might not cover the female body. There is no doubt that in urban areas it is merely a fashion accessory. But even in rural areas, it is much the same, just a symbol of the feminine. In the villages of Rajasthan, women cover their head with veils upto their chin, but their chest is not covered by dupatta, and therefore exposed. In Punjab too the stress is more on covering the head than the torso. In rural Bengal women wear saris minus the blouses.Most tribal women in India do the same, leaving their shoulders bare. The saris of women labourers are short exposing their legs. Makes you wonder. What is modesty really?

hi wiwy,

i agree the dupatta is a symbolic thing. and while she didn't quite use her doops as a "covering," khushi's slim (not oozing and "tyre"some), girl like form and the high neck non see through kameezes somehow managed to make her look covered and not like a girl out to show her body.

the pallu and the doops may not always hide, but are somehow synced to our idea of dressing respectably. my mom would protest this whole drop the chunni trend that started somewhere in the 80's i think, and now i see my cousins in cal rushing around in the fabindia mix and match churidar kurtas, minus doops. got to agree, it looks kind of incomplete, almost inelegant. unless the dreass is cut to be worn without a lovely odhni. i loved the outfit and always carried a chunni, usually the way madam did or maybe just a little more opened out, but certainly not covering me.  it felt right, that's all.

if you notice in the nainital scenes, she wears the odhni in a way that covers the front of her body, therefore the little bit of bare midriff is not so visible and looks "normal" to us, of course in cultures where the midriff is not meant to be shown, all of this is somewhat weird.

but mehendi was suddenly another story. yards of bare body, and a dupatta carefully pinned to show navel and breast. when la wore her strange white saree with off shoulder blouse to the temple, didn't think she looked hot, but did think think la would wear just that, so cute her excalmation about that "saree" she has, clearly a fairly alien thing to her.

when khushi walked in in that mehendi lehenga, it just looked out of character. even if she wore such a thing, she'd use her dear pal odhni to demurely cover. of course, it would be see through and guess whose eyes would stray from time to time, but then he'd be noble and look away πŸ˜†, but it would by sort of ok.

this felt strange.

and the dori obsession 🀣. so indian tv induced. since my clothes have buttons, aww i am going to never have this thing happening to me,

indi52 thumbnail
[QUOTE=wiwy]My son has thanked you all for your good wishes for his Earth day movie called 'The Colour Green' and has promised that in his movie venture with BS he will cast all of you in Special Appearance and that includes me!😭 Smaaart Bway!
BTW he showed us a copy of his film. The best part was a convo with a dustbinπŸ˜† I think he is a good at this. I am so proud of him.

Re: Riddle No.8:
I am going to Shantiniketan Thursday morning and will return on Sunday. Is it okay if I post the answer on Monday? You Chamkilis can take a few more coffee shots in the meantime or have you already given up?πŸ˜† 
[/QUOTE]

like that in pink. waiting for his big film.

giving up? jab tak hai jaan, we shall answer you, answer you in boots, in ditches, in dark lonely rooms, at the poolside, in the office, and ahhh in the suv... so come back from shantiniketan and see what chamkilis have kept hot and ready for you.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

kk, 

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ super take on anjali. one thing to add only, there is also all the complication and pain and insecurity yet strength due to her handicap. the poor girl's pooja path such a desperate attempt to keep terror and devastation at bay. ah i liked your hearing her dhak dhak on that day, yes, like any one of us there she sat full of longing and hope and new bride thoughts and wham, along came fate brought on by character.

and daljeet was again a most talented actor, capable of conveying so much nuance. loved that slight clench in yes, it was 94. 

dadi. my feeling she never existed. was brought in to wrap up story, help shyam return for it, and was given shape by unfortunately the least inspired writer. something went badly wrong managing creative talent in this set up. otherwise can you imagine the writers of nainital coming up with bubbly or masala mama? i was watching 98, and when asr returns home in a flaming mood, perturbed by his extreme reaction to khushi being touched by a goonda, op opens the door and starts doing this op thing, all cute and attention seeking "chhotey saab, this that... chhotey saab..." asr asks him to leave him alone and storms off. it is such a fantastically natural scene. two clear characters visible. op, with a few strokes, the writer had created a persona. and the situation, so lifelike.

how could dadi come from these people?

the whole story was different. we often "read" things in the scenes and many things were erooneosly read, but one thing i feel sure of is that, this story was supposed to return to sheesh mahal. and it was never a simple case of two suicides. khushi and asr's pasts were differently linked and there was perhaps even more emotional stuff to contend with and get past in that truth.

yeahj, anjali who couldn't tolerate seeing chhotey in any pain, who rushed around frazzled when he got burnt with tea, was utterly nonchalant after hearing he was kidnapped. and she who worshipped her husb, just burnt all his stuff on the night of the revelation, especially about her baby, and went to watch a movie the next day. yet the same writers wrote in 100, how a man terribly attracted to a woman and feeling every pain of hers yet not being able to overcome his own fears and trepidations could come rushing to see her when she was in trouble, but somehow just couldn't put his arms around her, though his body jerked involuntarily and his eyes shut to hear her say "i am broken." where did this sensitivity disappear to?

mystery. must call dephective mano to solve the prob. πŸ˜†

Hi kk and Indi I hope you don't mind if I join as Anjali is my fav character and
 @kk you described really well yes her character was always a pillar to his brother ,despite her own insecurities and internal fears along with disabilities ,She surely did give him strength all the time.She always proved a light for his dark paths no matter her own  path never got lighten by any means but positive thing is she always her own stern way to keep everyone together whether you call it her stubbornness  or her insecurity of being alone without family.

@Indi underlined yes the story was extremely changed in every angle and characters lost their credibility too as yesterday when I said about Khushi ,Anjali was the same .She became mean and selfish later for her own good.Dadi was brought to make ppl happy to increase TRP as certain groups still like the home politics and because of which we haven't seen any change in out TV shows for a long time.

mystery. must call dephective mano to solve the prob. πŸ˜†

yes indeedπŸ˜†