Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: samin6

NIce take on Anjali and Dadi. I think however the CVs introduced dadi and Shyam to reveal the secrets of Arnav's past and I think the story objectively assessed was ironic. Because when I listened to Dadi I could actually hear her words being echoed in a positive way in every other Hindi soap and actual dadis and the people who are respected in that generation. I would assume a great deal of population did infact respect those strong characters, however when it comes to hurting ARSHI I think it was un imaginable to tolerate Dadi. Because what she was saying about Khushi-as being character dheela, and Larke to kuch bhi keh sakti hain, and your girl is after our son's money, then trying to break the alliance on the day of wedding- this are things that people of that generation are experts in doing. So I was appreciating how the CVs addressed a very sensitive issue. I think the actress playing the role was talented- in playing that role- because I thoroughly disliked her as Dadi.

hi samin,

the thing with dadi, as far as i was concerned was that she did not feel like an original ipk character. more, someone created to quickly wrap up the story somehow. a lack of craft i definitely felt in this character's design.

in itself a stern sort of personality with many not politically correct but traditionally held views is perfectly fine, might even add colour and tension to story. as she did, especially when asr refused to give in and made clear what khushi's place was in his home and heart. but otherwise i personally felt the character was designed too flat, without nuance. and both her appearance and disappearance were abrupt, not well thought out.

in terms of story telling, ipk was uniquely coherent and clever right up to forced marriage. and then something started to give way... till it was all gone.

strictly my opinion as a viewer. along the way, not only story, but even character got changed and lost.

my instinct, the original tale was far more interesting. 

we would have returned to sheesh mahal. shyam had a back story. khushi's parents were involved in some more dramatic way with the past. both asr's mother and father did not commit suicide, something else there too. in fact, if you look at asr's mother's character as spoken of by others, is she the kind of woman who would go and shoot herself after a quarrel with her husband over another woman, on her only daughter's wedding day? something doesn't fit here.

but as i say again, these are just my thoughts. i don't think too much about all this as i have chosen to let my love for the show keep me watching 😆 but sometimes the truth says what it does.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Horizon, thank you for the invitation. A big IPK Blasters' reunion, wonder if that's possible.

Sonu Nigam and his Saregama, I had seen that, it was the first edition. How far he has come from there! I feel new singers nowadays are eager to host Saregamapa, because Sonu Nigam started from there. Got that feeling when Javed Ali hosted the recent edition.

I totally agrees with both of you as Sonu beats everyone and it seems yesterday when he started Saregamapa and yes Durga Javed Ali did the recent one with kids.I love when Sonu does parady oh my he is exceptional with that.Such a talented guy he is.Now his sone started too ,he is adorable.😊
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
on that mehendi lehenga.

loved all chats on it. agree that modesty has very little to do with the length and breadth of cloth on one. and one person may decide to hide face, another her upper body, a third her ankle to express herself the way she wants. as far as i am concerned, show or not show what you like, be who you are, your life. no judgment.

but here the question was not that. here it was, would khushi wear a lehenga like that.

my simple answer, gut level, was "no." that's all. 

yes, her doops are folded to a thin sliver and slung across her neck and shoulders, not her breast, but her kurta is thick, non see through, pretty high neck, and that doops has cultural references of a girl's sense of herself and she adheres to that thinking and is bound by that. that is khushi's choice.

in the nainital lehenga where her midriff is bare and the navel shows, she uses the odhni as a proper covering and looks comfortable, again wearing her dupatta the way that feels right to her. suddebnly in mehendi it's a lot of skin. felt odd. so commented. a sense that trp had something to do with it. irritated me. character is sacrosanct in tales. when you start losing them, something goes "what the."

this is merely my pov. if you feel what she wore was cool, no problem. 😃

kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Episode 104

Self Imposed Exile

Kushi is praying outside of the RM to Devi Maiyya that she doesn't do anything wrong today.  Om Prakash lets her in and asks what kind of sweet she would like and she says jalebi ofcourse.  Lavanya says I knew it!

Mami is playing drill sergeant.  She says to the decorators no talking just decorating.  Got it?!!!

Lavanya asks Kushi why do they celebrate Diwali, Nani wants her to know.  Kushi says she will tell her but first they must prepare the wicks for the lamps in Lavanya's hands.  Kushi explains the festival of Diwali to Lavanya.

Diwali

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deepavali (also spelled Devali in certain regions) or Diwali  popularly known as the "festival of lights," is a five-day Hindu festival[2] which starts on Dhanteras, celebrated on the thirteenth lunar day of Krishna paksha (dark fortnight) of the Hindu calendar month Ashwin and ends on Bhaubeej, celebrated on second lunar day of Shukla paksha (bright fortnight) of the Hindu calendar month Kartik. In the Gregorian calendar, Diwali falls between mid-October and mid-November. Diwali is an official holiday in India,[3] Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mauritius, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Malaysia, Singapore and Fiji.

For Hindus, Diwali is one of the most important festivals of the year and is celebrated in families by performing traditional activities together in their homes. For Jains, Diwali marks the attainment of moksha or nirvana by Mahavira in 527 BCE.[4][5] Arya Samajists, celebrate this day as Death Anniversary of Swami Dayanand Saraswati. They also celebrate this day as Shardiya Nav-Shasyeshti.

The name "Diwali" or "Divali" is a contraction of "Deepavali" (Sanskrit: ??????? Dipavali), which translates into "row of lamps".[6] Diwali involves the lighting of small clay lamps (dipa in Sanskrit: ???) filled with oil to signify the triumph of good over evil.[7] These lamps are kept on during the night and one's house is cleaned, both done in order to make the goddess Lakshmi feel welcome.[8] Firecrackers are burst because it is believed that it drives away evil spirits.[9][10][11] During Diwali, all the celebrants wear new clothes and share sweets and snacks with family members and friends.

The festival starts with Dhanteras on which most Indian business communities begin their financial year. The second day of the festival is called the Naraka Chaturdasi. Amavasya, the third day of Diwali, marks the worship of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth. The fourth day of Diwali is known as Kartika Shudda Padyami. The fifth day is referred to as Yama Dvitiya (also called Bhai Dooj), and on this day sisters invite their brothers to their homes.

It begins in late Ashvin (between September and October) and ends in early Kartika (between October and November). The days in Ashvin are in the Krishna Paksha ("dark fortnight") of that month, while the days in Kartik are in its Shukla Paksha ("bright fortnight"). The first day is Dhan Teras. The last day is Yama Dvitiya, which signifies the second day of the light half of Kartika. Each day of Diwali marks one celebration of the six principal stories associated with the festival.

Hindus have several significant events associated with Diwali:

• The return of Rama after 14 years of Vanvas (exile). To welcome his return, diyas (ghee lamps) were lit in rows of 20.
  • The killing of Narakasura: Celebrated as Naraka Chaturdashi, one day before Diwali, it commemorates the killing of the evil demon Narakasura, who wreaked havoc. In different versions, either Krishna or Krishna's wife Satyabhama killed Narakasura during the Dwapara yuga.

Other events associated with Diwali include:

• Return of Pandavas after 12 years of Vanvas and one year of agyatavas (living incognito).

Diwali being the festival of lights, across India people celebrate it via symbolic diyas or kandils (colourful paper lanterns) as an integral part of Diwali decorations.

Diwali celebrations are spread over five days, from Dhanteras to Bhaiduj. In some places like Maharashtra it starts with Vasu Baras. All the days except Diwali are named according to their designation in the Hindu calendar.

Spiritual significance

While Diwali is popularly known as the "festival of lights", the most significant spiritual meaning behind it is "the awareness of the inner light". Central to Hindu philosophy is the assertion that there is something beyond the physical body and mind which is pure, infinite, and eternal, called the Atman. The celebration of Diwali as the "victory of good over evil", refers to the light of higher knowledge dispelling all ignorance, the ignorance that masks one's true nature, not as the body, but as the unchanging, infinite, immanent and transcendent reality. With this awakening comes compassion and the awareness of the oneness of all things (higher knowledge). This brings anand (joy or peace). Just as we celebrate the birth of our physical being, Diwali is the celebration of this Inner Light.  While the story behind Diwali and the manner of celebration varies from region to region (festive fireworks, worship, lights, sharing of sweets), the essence is the same ' to rejoice in the Inner Light (Atman) or the underlying Reality of all things (Brahman).

United States  In the United States, with increasing Indian population, Diwali is assuming significant importance year after year. Diwali was first celebrated in the White House in 2003 and was given official status by the United States Congress in 2007 by the former president George W. Bush.[21][22] Barack Obama became the first president to personally attend Diwali at the White House in 2009. On the eve of his first visit to India as the President of United States, Obama released an official statement sharing best wishes with "those celebrating Diwali".[23] Indians in the US celebrate Diwali in different parts of the US, just as in India. The Diwali Mela in Cowboys Stadium boasted an attendance of 100,000 people in 2009. In 2009, San Antonio became the first U.S. city to sponsor an official Diwali celebration including a fireworks display and 5000 people in attendance.[citation needed] In 2011, The Pierre in New York City, now operated by Tata Group's Taj Hotels, hosted its first Diwali celebration.[24]

Kushi hears ASR's voice and almost overflows the lamp oil.  Lavanya says to her to be careful.  Lavanya asks why Nani says her mind is on exile and Mami says she would have liked to send someone else exiled too as she looks at Kushi.  Anjali says wouldn't it be nice if Chote was here and that puts Kushi instantly in prayer to Devi Maiyya asking for mercy for her to send him to the office.  Lavanya says he has stayed home but refuses to come down.  They both don't want to see each other.  Too vulnerable? Kushi is thanking Devi Maiyya and Anjali the mother of matchmaking, Devi Maiyya right hand, says maybe Kushi can help bring him down.  Kushi is like no Anjali why force him if he doesn't believe in these things.  Let's leave him be.  Anjali says the one who brought him down on the last holiday is saying this?  There is so much to do.  Lavanya agrees she should help bring ASR from his self imposed exile.

Kushi says first you raise my hope then you smash it to Devi Maiyya.  No, Kushi it is you and ASR who are placing a self imposed exile on yourselves from each other too embarrassed to face the other because feeling and emotions are happening that you both don't understand nor want to accept.

Payal is shopping looking at lamps for Diwali She says to the shopkeeper that his lamps are beautiful so give her ten lamps.  He shows her a new gold one which is very beautiful.  "I will take what she takes," says Akash.  Payal says she can't take it from him and he says but it is Diwali.  She puts the lamp down and walks away.

ASR is telling Lavanya to tell Kushi to decorate not him afterall she decorated the poolside.  He stops remembers poolside and the tangled Kushi.  He sees himself detangling her slowly. So close to each other.  He steps back and says I am sure she'll manage.  Lavanya says Di said it will be fun if he is there.  He says what about his work?  He is already operating from home.  Don't pull me into this.  He is not coming down. 

Stay in your self imposed exile, ASR, that way you can build up your stone walls again against one Kushi Kumari Gupta.

Lavanya comes down disappointed that ASR won't come; he is making excuse about work.  Kushi is happy.  She has exiled herself too down in the living room so she won't have to see him.  Hail Goddess, she says.  Lavanya asks her to ask him.  She makes excuse which each one is refuted by Anjali. She thinks he is going to kill her.  Anjali has a sad face and Kushi looks at her as says she will go.

ASR says what to Kushi and she says her lamps are not lighting she needs his help.  Your lamps?  She means His lamps.  She thinks there is a problem with the wire.  She tells him she knows he is busy and she told Anjali that but Anjali wants him to end his exile. What the?  Lord Rama's exile ended yesterday not yours. That's why Anjali wants him to come downstairs.  She accidently snapped the wire it will get fixed if you come down.  He looks up at her.  She says no problem I know you are busy.  She will handle it and she leaves.

What? He says.

She goes downstairs and thinks it will be better if he doesn't come.  Lavanya asks will he come and she says no he has a lot of work to do.  She will repair the wire herself.

A gust of wind'.she looks up and there he is Mr.Exile himself walking down the stairs'

just from her one request.

He says he is here to make sure she doesn't mess up anything.  Good excuse Mr. Self Inflicted Exile!

He goes to her and says give it to me. Anjali says milk is boiling on the stove and Kushi says she will go and check.  Mami stops her saying last time she spoiled the sweets.  Mami will go with Lavanya.  ASR grabs a stool with a roll of tape in his mouth he starts working on the lights. He says tape? Kushi says its in your mouth.  Where is his mind?  Who is he thinking about?

She starts working on the Rangoli with Anjali.  She is watching him and he's trying to work knowing she is near.  She tries to work but knows he is near, she is ditracted and proceeds to have a conversation with Devi Maiyya.  Anjali asks what she is murmuring and she says about marriage.  Whose marriage? Anjali asks.  His ears perk up.  Kushi answers mine.  He is just staring at her and she looks up at him.  She says no yours to Anjali how did you marry?  He continues working.  Anjali says it was not difficult to fall in love with her husband. Kushi asks love? She asks Anjali if her marriage was a love marriage.  So how did you come to know it was love?  We just came to know Anjali replies.  He is still looking at her as he is working.  Anjali says he loved me and cared for me and had all the qualities of a good husband.  So there was no question of rejection.  But anjali, Kushi asks, something must have happened so you knew he was the one.  Anjali answers a man will come into your life with whom you want to see every moment, before sleeping at night and it is the face you only want to see when you wake up in the morning.   You want him to look at you before anyone else.  If he is sad you will do anything to make him feel better.That's it you will know and there with that Kushi looks straight at Mr. Self Inflicted Exile, Arnav Singh Raizada and he looks upon her as well.

Anjali is then reminded to find out where is her husband.  He was worried yesterday.  She will go and find out and leaves.  The two of them left alone in each others exile can't keep their eyes off each other.  She gets up and notices his foot leaning off the stool.  She warns him and there he goes down bringing her on top of him right on the Rangoli.  She tries to move but her hand is stuck underneath him.  She is wiggleling it out and she falls upon him again. She tries again he says wait, he gets up and offers her his hand.  She slowly takes it and he lifts her and she crashes into him again and splays yellow color on his neck.  She sees it, mouths oh and goes to try to remove it with her other hand which he stops by grabbing her wrist.  He points to her hand all covered in pink color.

There they stand two self inflicted exiles covered in color.  Exiled from their love. They tried hard to stay away from each other but Devi Maiyya had other plans.

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 11 years ago
kushikumari thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
You are right. Looking for answers to the riddle itself is fun, and when the answer turns out to be something else, that is the topping. 😆 Oh, that song has been popping in my head for some months now. Thanks for liking it. 😊 
I think your close pals would be happy to see you now transformed. 😊 (transformed for better or worse, that's another debate 😆) 

@Horizon that was me and still a book worm hardly have social gatherings or want to go.But really wanna know the tricks of transformation because I am pure Achi Bachi as you noticed even on this thread.😊

@Durga come on I am out of ideas for this riddle you are good at this so what is the next answer?😊 

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

on that mehendi lehenga.

loved all chats on it. agree that modesty has very little to do with the length and breadth of cloth on one. and one person may decide to hide face, another her upper body, a third her ankle to express herself the way she wants. as far as i am concerned, show or not show what you like, be who you are, your life. no judgment.

but here the question was not that. here it was, would khushi wear a lehenga like that.

my simple answer, gut level, was "no." that's all. 

yes, her doops are folded to a thin sliver and slung across her neck and shoulders, not her breast, but her kurta is thick, non see through, pretty high neck, and that doops has cultural references of a girl's sense of herself and she adheres to that thinking and is bound by that. that is khushi's choice.

in the nainital lehenga where her midriff is bare and the navel shows, she uses the odhni as a proper covering and looks comfortable, again wearing her dupatta the way that feels right to her. suddebnly in mehendi it's a lot of skin. felt odd. so commented. a sense that trp had something to do with it. irritated me. character is sacrosanct in tales. when you start losing them, something goes "what the."

this is merely my pov. if you feel what she wore was cool, no problem. 😃

Thnx Indi in black bold my answer is same as I already put in other comment.In blue yes that was her trait which creators showed us from the beginning.
In purple yes she was covering herself and when her Dupatta fell down she was covering by her arms .That was Khushi and then later it was "What The"

What my pondering thoughts are they wanted to show some changes in her and he wanted to see in her but that was way too much and at the top after remarriage she was the same then why during Mehndi and like in front of people.In private may be like Bachelor's night though I have objection with that too but still can accept that as it was in between them but not this Menhdi one.
kushikumari thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Friendly Disclaimer: My words, thoughts  and ideas are mine only, please do not copy. You are welcome to use it, but credit accordingly. Thank you!

Episode 95-98:Revelations

When morning came, a bad feeling at the pit of his core wakes him, he sits up  calling out her name, as she was the first to come to mind. "Khushi"..."Khushi!" no answer, that's when it all comes flooding back, the brutality of all the awful things he said in the dark of the night, comes under the light of this bright morning.  

"oh shit" two words that indicate he didn't mean it any of it.

He briskly walks out in hopes she's still where he left her, she was. But in place of relief on his face, there's pain and regret.  His khushi wasn't chirpy, energetic, or happy...she was folded into herself to keep safe in the darkness in the cold night. 

Right away he has the hunch to check the lights and found they were out. Her words come to his mind about her fears, he feels awful like he broke some secret promise he made that day  to protect her from all of her fears.  Khushi" softly he tries to shake her, but her head collapses in his hand, he can feel her warm face, so he checks her forehead 

"Dammit...she didn't even have a blanket   at night, why did i say those things?" true to his pattern Anjali mentioned once, first lots of anger... then lots of damage...and lastly "dher saara pachtava (then a whole lot of regret)."  

In his defense, his patience had been tested over and over today by Ms.Chatterbox, So when she accidentally blurted out that she was the one who emptied his fuel tank, even the sweetness of the lassi he was drinking couldn't stop the bitterness of this kadva karela.

His reaction was priceless, eyes fill with anger completely oblivious to the lassi mustache. talk about comedic and serious all at once! i wonder how they ever managed to shoot this scene with a straight face?  Khushi uses her haq (as Auntyji had pointed out) to wipe the "got lassi" look off her "pati's"  (hubby) face 

but not long before he pushes her hand away.

He was furious, he found nothing cute about it this time. She tries to explain why she did it, but he never did like Khushi doing anything to bring him and La closer..teeth clenches, "I told you so many times don't interfere with my personal life...because of you my car stopped, i'm late for my conference, and i'm' sitting in this crappy dhaba where everyone thinks i married you!"  awww is being pretend married to Khushi Kumaari Gupta all that bad Arnavji?  His words stung, but she knew she  made a mistake and apologized for it but "you can't go, you haven't' eaten all day and you fainted today."...all she can think about is his well being. He was past listening, money was slapped on the table for her to get back on her own and off he went as the ASR music picked up in full throttle.  Khushi had also made up her mind,

"meri fiqr karna band karo" "stop worrying about me" the ASR in him doesn't seem to like the wifely behavior that's been going on all day. But she responds with the most wifey thing she's ever said yet: 

"hamme to soch na padega na, kyu ki gusse mein aap dimaag lagana hi band kar dete hai...aapka phon band hai, ggadi nahi chal rahi ha, hadtal hai, aapne subhah se kuchh khaya nahi hai...Kaha jaayeng aap? Nahin, hum aapko jaane nahin denge"

Translation: "Ofcourse i have to think na, because when angry you stop applying your brain, you phone is dead, you car is dead, there is a strike, you haven't eaten all day, where will you go? No, i won't let you go"

Her deep thoughtfulness may have even touched the angry young man, but her determination only challenged him.

"Tum rokogi mujhe?" (you'll stop me?)

"aap waha baith jaaiye, warna hum" (you sit down over there or else)

eyebrows raised (these are the mini details in Sobt's ASR that make HUGE impact!)  "warna?(or else?)" He knows she's crazy, but to what extent, he's about to find out as he walks away defying her "warna" till he hears a loud scream

"Naaheeen!?"

Bbefore he even turns around, he knows what's coming. The drama queen know how to get her way. She uses their newlywed status to gain sympathy from everyone ""dekhiyen na aunty ji, dekhiyen na uncle ji"

"Yeh tamasha bandh karo (stop this drama)!" he tells her but she uses that also to  paint him ruthless. After a few more loud howling cries from Khushi and him being surrounded by a bunch of very strong men, Arnav makes the smart decision to stick around.

Much to his gussa (anger), Khushi rubs in her victory by raising her eyebrows to him a few times before getting pulled into some bhagra dancing. As expected Khushi indulges.

Khushi's crazy dancing, one more thing to add to the list of what becomes ASR's weakness.. The things it does to this man, dare i say  its always aroused him...or always made him smile at the very least.  when he sees her dancing with La, Di and Niani,  During Payash's wedding, During holi, he can't his eyes off her silly dancing to chickni chameli before the Heer/Ranjha scene, and he finally able to do something about this attraction  after seeing her dance at their engagement...how he takes her by the hand by the poolside for 3 beautiful kisses accompanied with his sexy husky voice "aane do, aane do, aane do"

It all starts here.. A half smirk as he watches Khushi go crazy to the beats but  is short lived due to her giving him a another victorious smile. 

The smirk disappeared, and his shatir dimaag goes to work and comes up with "suhaag raat"...hmmm seems her dancing must've taken him to that idea. He knew this would terrify her and also beat her at her own game.

"Kucchh naheen auntyji I was just telling my wife that, agar shaadi aaj hui hai, to suhaag  raat bhi aaj hi hogi na (if the wedding was today then the wedding night will happen today too right)?"

Khushi screamed and shouted as the macho man whisks her away on one shoulder to the "honeymoon suite" to no avail.

He throws her one the sofa, and before she can fully accuse him of his batameezi again, he stops hert "sshhh! chup!  bilkul chup" he points out her batameezi is not less  "waise to tum hamesha se itni batameez thi par aaj tumne had kar di,  i can't believe that after all you did today you would have the audacity to call me batameez" he draws in closer to intimidate "I told you before, batameezi par to main utra nahin, aur jis di- (i haven't even started yet)"

"But i did al-"  Khushi tries to clarify that she did it for him but he cuts her short

"shut up! na tumahri baat sun ni hai,na tumhari shakkal dekh ni hai...Kal subhah mere utt ne se pehle yahan se nikal jana, i don't care ki tum kahan jaati ho, kya karti ho, i don't give a damn!"

Translation: "shut up, neither do i wan't to listen to you nor see your face, tomorrow morning before I get up, get out of here, I dont care where you go, what you do, i don't give a damn!" oh he meant every word in his anger. Like  Khushi said in his anger he stopped applying his brain here. Thankfully due to her fever she was too weak to leave, but seeing her like this, he can't forgive himself.

He lifts her into the bedroom and puts her down gently this time,  and when he goes to get up, we have our second collar grabbing moment after the guest house, he melts just the same as he did that night

"khushi" he nudges her to wake up "Khushi"...she utters for her parents, his voice softens feeling even more guilty "Khushi" her eyes slowly open.  

"khushi, utt kar doodh pee lo, phir dawaai khani hai (get up drink milk, then you need to take your medicine)"

She looks up at him dazed but nonetheless, willing to grab on to him when he ever so gently  lifts her by the shoulders to get her sitting up . 

He handles her with such tender care, again reminiscent of the guest house.  she looks at him but he can't seem to look her in eyes. He feels responsible this state of hers.  His mean words in anger were heart wrenching, but  the tenderness and the love he tends to her with is just as heartwarming. 

While applying the  warm damp cloths to her forehead, her face catches his palm, she peacefully sleeps while shaking him up. His face a perfect measure of how deep she can reach even in her sleep.

He tries to move his hand away, but Khushi is hell-bent on not letting him go in the last 24 hrs. First from the dhaba, then the collar grab and now  his hand "ham aapko jaane nahi denge (I won't let you go)"...too cute.  He fought to leave the dhaba, he  was able to remove her hand off his collar, but here, she's got him. He changes his position and sits on the floor so she isn't disturbes. awww.

All of his attention goes on her innocent face, and he thinks about the way she took care of him when he fainted, his eye close in great remorse for how/what he said to her the night before. "I' m sorry Khushi, i'm so sorry".  He  lifts his other hand to place on her other cheek, uff the look on him as he feels her face as he take in the touch of her face, like an ocean of emotions are running through him. 

The moment becomes more poignant, her lone tear at the sight of  him hugging La comes to his mind, what a revelation! maybe this is what this whole honeymoon was about.  He knows she has feeling for him since he saw that tear, he had felt her dhak dhaks that day also, but here we get a confirmation, no guess work. Not only does he know she has feelings for him, he knows they run deep. Perhaps thats why  after the Diwali kiss-miss, he was able to tell her with confidence..."it probably meant something to you, but not to me"

On their way out, Arnav still guilt-ridden, has to know "Khushi tum teek to ho na?" he prceeds to tell her of the transportation arrangements as the strike continues. She tells him she'll find her own way, he's just about to tell her she's going with him when the goons come back for the eloped married couple they mistake our couple for.

Arnav tries to explain but they're not there to listen. A confrontation happens,  In the midst of chaos Arnav is pushed down  and held back by them till he witnesses one of them pushing Khushi into the jeep, Injuring her head. Something comes over him, a rage never seen on him, not even at his worst anger moments. 

Pushing the others out of the way, the curly haired guy become his target.

He beats him mercilessly, kicking, punching, all while keeping the others off his back. Khushi screams to stop him, but its not enough.

"haan maar daalunga, iski himmat kaise hui tumh haath lagane ki?"

Translation: "yah i'll kill him, how dare he touch you? hurt you?"  no doubt its her protector talking but a certain possessiveness rings here.  We'll see a hint of this shade on him again when she breaks down on his shoulder after she finds out about Shyaam. he questions her "Did your fiance say something to you, did he hurt you, tell me Khushi!" "Bataao!"...he was ready to go kill her fiance, whoever he was, so what if she was engaged to be married to him.

"it was only a push!" Khushi yells but he heard nothing till her hand comes on his shoulder brings him to his senses. The acting and directing was amazing!! the rage in his eyes and the moment passing by to show the rage slowly dissipating. BRAVO!!!! seen dishum dishum fight scenes of similar types a million times in BW movies but this had the X-factor of that Arshi love story.

Her hand only leaves his shoulder when he's back in his senses.

"what happened to you, it was only a push, and you..." Khushi questions but stops as his look gives her an answer. There is a fear in his look. Fear of what he has let happen to him, he vowed to never let a woman make a difference and now look just how much "farq padta hai."  

She senses this too, perhaps that's why her questioning doesn't go too far, maybe she is not ready to hear the answer out loud herself.

It was never in his plan, he never wanted to feels this way about any girl. Yes he's angry at himself for being weak and she chooses to stay in complete denial. 

She tries to talk to him on the way home to try and divert his mind, she'll take anything even his "daant" (yelling at her) but he's too engulfed with his thoughts about that goon. "Why did i react that way?" is goind through his mind. She asks him what he would've done to them if they had actually lifted their hand one her. love how he has to grip his wheel, and snaps at the very thought.  Get out! he unbuckles her seatbelts for her and gives her money "Just go". Pushing her away is the only thing he can think of especially when she can make him grab his steering wheel with one hypothetical question..Khushi once again hurt but the understanding level has also gone up. She knows he's struggling with his feeling just as  she is.

After all the lengths DM went through to make this honeymoon happen, of course there had to be a purpose behind it. Revelations its seems was her destination for these two. Its hard for them see right now but they did come back closer than ever from this honeymoon. They'll see the effects of their closeness in the hospital when Khushi is in utter distress and  he comes for her, he knows she'll need him.

Another big revelation this episode: Shashi follows Shyam to  the mandir and finds out of his marital status. This leads to a great face-off between the two 

but Shashi health becomes his weakness and Shyam's strenght. Shyam pure evilness in full display. To make matters worse,by the time Payal, Buaji and Garima come home, the damage has been done and Shyam proves himself a  hero. Boo!

DROOL CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!

Must go with two faves today day ❤️❤️❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago