puglet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

I want to know how you feel about the way ChhanChhan, the story, is being told. /jw

Are the expressive emotions striking a chord with you or is the four day schedule changing the way you perceive the story? etc.

Edited by mrskycar - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SpellofJoy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
no not at all m enjoying😳
puglet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sanu5555

no not at all m enjoying😳

Is there a particular method/factor the story is employing that gives you the joy?
dynamos thumbnail
Commentator 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well, story telling is nice and gives a good feeling. It is not too high on melodrama which is good. Sometimes it does go a bit preachy.

The love story is going fine (it can be better), it does seem a bit kiddish sometimes, maybe a little intensity,  serious angles or conversations between the leads would add flavor.

I am a biased viewer as I am a fan of Sanaya.😊
bikerider thumbnail
Niraj  good   Post actually imso happy that ido not want  to  think too muchhence have been enjoying the show,

Ifeel they r still buildong the  base and growing on it  ofcorse with 4 days and  20 min epi youmight fel  things r not moving as fast as they should  and also  epi dissection  is nothappening ðŸ˜‰

Let me give some more thought  and   Comeback  
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I feel the characters are still being laid out ... there is a huge cast and we haven't really met all of them in detail yet...from  the last week,  they are starting to explore the characters and family dynamics of the Borasagar family, which is the more complicated one.

They already showed us Chhanchhan's family in the first two weeks, and they are simple and uncomplicated, no undercurrents there.

As Sharu, said, there has been very little episode dissection yet ... maybe because we are still being introduced to all the characters ... and trying to decipher them.
golpokobita thumbnail
So far, I am enjoying the show and hoping it would grow more and more interesting in coming days .. because i think the show has lot of potential, in terms of story, characters and the theme/setting..

Story- The storyline is interesting.. it makes you travel in the real world... and most importantly, it is all about youth and strengths of youth. Although Supriya Pathak has a strong role in the show but that does not make it a typical family drama, rather she plays a vital role of a catalyst. She brings out the social and moral evils which the group of youth led by CC fights against. I think the story will become more gripping once CC and Manav fall in love. That will be a turning point, as that will make CC's war against social evil much more complicated. There are number of parallel stories apart from that of CC-Manav-Uma Ben which simply add to the story with humor and sometimes depth.The incidents that controls the story-line are not extra-ordinary or imaginative, they are daily life occurrences of ordinary people like us .. All these factors make the show really a good one. 

Characters - The characters are absolutely refreshing and very real. CC is an ideal youth with positive strength, values, education and determination. She is matured and blessed with a family which is not only supportive but truly adorable. Manav, on the other hand is typical rich and protected young man who has no apparent negativity, but he is unaware of true colours of the society. And exactly that is why I think there is lot of potential in his character. His destined love with CC will certainly change his happy-go-lucky plus mamma's boy lifestyle to a drastic opposite. He will one day stand against his mother for CC.. That makes me think his transformation would be a serious turning point. Other characters are also next-door people we see and forget everyday.. but they are parts of our lives!

Setting - The setting is perfect. CC's family is middle class; however they are all positive and full of life. CC's values match perfectly with her background. Even her Granny is not a typical old-fashioned woman. Manav, on the other hand, belong to a rich, traditional family where you are not allowed/required to think independently. His mother is definitely a person you witness every now and then around you. She represents the most common evil of our society..arrogant, shrewd and vindictive! As a viewer you can identify who to trust and who to not. That lessens a lot of stress as the so called grey characters are sometimes stressful to watch, specially when you watch it for the sake of entertainment.

All in all the show is well-planned.My only complain so far, is farhan's acting. The makers should put more efforts on this.. he is improving but he still has a long way to go.. And 4 days a week is a problem too. It distracts your memory at high points...

Anyways, how do you feel about the show?? I am eager to know.
Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Baby that shud have been my post ðŸ˜‰

Aah no no worries dear ...I am happy u agn proved u have abundant grey matter to make such posts and I for one am really happy ...

ABT the storytelling ...it wud be unfair for me to comment ..hence I wud enjoy reading what others write 
Edited by varma.nishi1 - 11 years ago
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
i feel like chanchan the show itself dont have any major story plot like we see in some other shows.. they just have some character sketches .. so story-wise there is nothing to build up.. its like they r simply showing some daily incidents in chanchan's and manav's life along with their friends and family..

so just a simple smooth ongoing serial.. nothing to worry or think about .. ofcourse if i get to see SI for 4 days a week.. anything will be enjoyable .. :)
UKLotus thumbnail
First of all, this is my first opinion post on the show.
Sorry if I have not put across what I want to say here.

The show is only three weeks old but in my opinion, the story telling is good so far. There were serious as well as lighter fun moments. A show with a balanced mix of story telling.

The relationships and interactions between the characters shown so far are not isolated incidents. They are intertwined and point the way to conflicts between the various characters in coming episodes.

So far, the viewers have not been shown the relationships between all characters, for example, the relationship between Manav, his father and his three older brothers. Once we are shown the interactions between all characters, it would become more interesting and intriguing. 

By the way, being a 4 day a week show does not lessen my enjoyment of watching the show. I am watching the show without prediction, stress and with trust in the ph's story telling.

PS: I am enjoying the show so much so that I have now subscribed to Sony TV Asia so that I can watch it with english subtitle. Basically I am at the mercy of the person/persons who translate the original hindi dialogues as past experience tells me that the essence of the original dialogues could be lost in translation.