Amita ka Amit

Mother-in-laws are evil and cruel: myth or truth?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

emeraldeye

Goldie

emeraldeye

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Women (especially MILs) in shows/movies are always portrayed in two extreme images either as the evil, cruel and perpetrators, trying to torture their DIL  Angry OR the victims: suffering & victims of their DILs atrocities Cry. And then came a genre of movie MILs (MPK, KKHH) where they were friendly, understanding and welcoming Dancing. But even now in serials they still continue to show the original extreme images. Sleepy

Come let's together dissect and see why such a legend came into existence.Star

When a new bride enters the household even the bride groom's mother goes through an emotional turmoil. On one hand she is happy that her son is settled and going to start a new life while on the other hand she has her insecurities too. Surprised?? Actually even she is unaware of these hidden insecurities.

Deep down inside her heart she is dead scared that her son would no longer need her and that his priorities might change.Confused Whether this happens or not the fear is enough to drive her crazy.Wacko (Remember the scene where Phalguni felt insecure after coming to know that Amit goes to pick and drop Amita. She snubs him to concentrate and prioritize on completing wedding tasks given by her rather than roaming around with Amita. Ouch)

Even a MIL needs some space and time to accept and accommodate this new change happening in her / her son's life. This is where each lady reacts differently depending upon her nature. If she is able to accept this fact then she will be able to welcome the new bride with open arms.Hug

But if she is still bit immature, then she thinks this change was brought about by the arrival of the new bride.Ouch She starts holding a grudge against the new bride. But what escapes her that no one can take a mother's place not even the new bride.Tongue  (Remember the scene where Amit asks his mom to give the ice to Amita and asks her to continue applying the ice on his hand. Did you see Phalguni glare at Amita)

It is so important for MIL's acceptance in a bride's life. EmbarrassedAfter all it's the MIL's territory that she is entering into and it is she who would be teaching the rules and norms of the new household.

Rather than painting MIL's in black or white shades it would be appreciated if they are shown as humans like anyone of us in this world. It is just that even they are going through the phase of transition from being a mother to mother-in-law and that needs some patience, understanding and time.Clap

If you liked the MILicious analysis press on like button.Tongue Do drop in your views too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Few of you might get this weird idea that I'm old enough to be a MIL, please nooo. I'm still in my early twenties. ROFL

Edited by emeraldeye - 12 April 2013 at 8:39am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

sama143aaj2013Ishk4unotnazbansrkfan21badam-chi-raniLucky_2012N.bhavnaragayasamrudhi.rhappy_cupcake

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mother-in-laws are evil and cruel: myth or truth?" in Amita ka Amit forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Lucky_2012

Lucky_2012

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by emeraldeye

Women (especially MILs) in shows/movies are always portrayed in two extreme images either as the evil, cruel and perpetrators, trying to torture their DIL  Angry OR the victims: suffering & victims of their DILs atrocities Cry. And then came a genre of movie MILs (MPK, KKHH) where they were friendly, understanding and welcoming Dancing. But even now in serials they still continue to show the original extreme images. Sleepy

Come let's together dissect and see why such a legend came into existence.Star

When a new bride enters the household even the bride groom's mother goes through an emotional turmoil. On one hand she is happy that her son is settled and going to start a new life while on the other hand she has her insecurities too. Surprised?? Actually even she is unaware of these hidden insecurities.

Deep down inside her heart she is dead scared that her son would no longer need her and that his priorities might change.Confused Whether this happens or not the fear is enough to drive her crazy.Wacko (Remember the scene where Phalguni felt insecure after coming to know that Amit goes to pick and drop Amita. She snubs him to concentrate and prioritize on completing wedding tasks given by her rather than roaming around with Amita. Ouch)

Even a MIL needs some space and time to accept and accommodate this new change happening in her / her son's life. This is where each lady reacts differently depending upon her nature. If she is able to accept this fact then she will be able to welcome the new bride with open arms.Hug

But if she is still bit immature, then she thinks this change was brought about by the arrival of the new bride.Ouch She starts holding a grudge against the new bride. But what escapes her that no one can take a mother's place not even the new bride.Tongue  (Remember the scene where Amit asks his mom to give the ice to Amita and asks her to continue applying the ice on his hand. Did you see Phalguni glare at Amita)

It is so important for MIL's acceptance in a bride's life. EmbarrassedAfter all it's the MIL's territory that she is entering into and it is she who would be teaching the rules and norms of the new household.

Rather than painting MIL's in black or white shades it would be appreciated if they are shown as humans like anyone of us in this world. It is just that even they are going through the phase of transition from being a mother to mother-in-law and that needs some patience, understanding and time.Clap

If you liked the MILicious analysis press on like button.Tongue Do drop in your views too.

Hmm... that's a good analysis .. but i don't have an experience yet!

so will hold my comments... till i find one!!! ROFL

Lucky

Edited by Lucky_2012 - 12 April 2013 at 8:20am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

happy96emeraldeye

ragaya

Goldie

ragaya

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:21am | IP Logged
u a mil already?   ;)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

emeraldeye

happy_cupcake

IF-Sizzlerz

happy_cupcake

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:36am | IP Logged
awesome post buddy!!!

Gosh!!!
u analyze each and every topic so sensibly 
very well written dear 
i too wonder y the MIL's are projected in such a devilish way
i agree dat a few monstrous MIL's may exist no wonder
but generalizing the entire concept of MIL & portraying them in a negative way s not fair 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishk4unotemeraldeye

emeraldeye

Goldie

emeraldeye

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ragaya

u a mil already?   ;)

Good one!ROFLROFLROFL

Ragaya, it was just an analysis dear. If someone writes about death doesn't mean he actually has to die to feel the actual experience, similarly I think you just need a perspective / POV and one doesn't have to be in that position . Hope you got your answer.Tongue

P.S. I'm still in my early twenties Wink .

Edited by emeraldeye - 14 April 2013 at 8:34am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishk4unotmariyembadam-chi-ranihappy_cupcake

emeraldeye

Goldie

emeraldeye

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arnie15

awesome post buddy!!!

Gosh!!!
very well written dear 
but generalizing the entire concept of MIL & portraying them in a negative way s not fair 

Thanks Arnie dear Hug. Very true Thumbs Up

Edited by emeraldeye - 12 April 2013 at 8:51am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

happy_cupcake

happy_cupcake

IF-Sizzlerz

happy_cupcake

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by emeraldeye

Originally posted by arnie15

awesome post buddy!!!

Gosh!!!
very well written dear 

Thanks Arnie dear Hug. Very true Thumbs Up
HugHugHug

happy_cupcake

IF-Sizzlerz

happy_cupcake

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:59am | IP Logged

P.S. Few of you might get this weird idea that I'm old enough to be a MIL, please nooo. I'm still in my early twenties. ROFL

hey!! we know dat dear
dont worry !!! Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishk4unothappy96emeraldeye

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.