Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

jnawaz

Cool Viewbie

jnawaz

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Its that time again...time for rule refresher and new rules and stuff...

There has been a lot of unrest on the forum lately in regards to "violence" posts...you all know what im talking about...certain fan groups wish death and/or violence against one character...other fan groups wishing death/violence against another character...while wishing death on a fictional character IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES...

But...with that in mind...there are some ground rules that MUST BE FOLLOWED or else the forum will run a muck...

1) Making such comments against FICTIONAL CHARACTERS will be tolerated so long as those comments DO NOT transfer over to ACTORS. Remember, keep REEL life and REAL life SEPARATE. This also includes making such comments in regards to fellow FORUM MEMBERS. Anyone found mocking or attacking actors or forum members will have their WL's increased.  

2) If at any point these comments come along with NAME CALLING and/or BASHING then action will most definitely be taken. That rule never ever goes away. Absolutely no abusive, offensive or crass language will be tolerated. TREAT everyone with RESPECT on the forum as that is the FIRST PRIORITY of IF and PR Forum. 

3) Keep in mind that any EXTREME HATE SPEECHES in any topic that is directly instigating a fan base/group will also not be tolerated (this goes to both Ovi and Purvi fans...and all other fans). This goes hand-in-hand with the violence topics. You all should already know that INSTIGATING COMMENTS is against the forum rules. 

4) If such hate/violence posts are made about FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, it has to be done so in a civilized tone without getting personal with each other. 

Extra Note: There has been some posts where members are using short hand acronyms of certair phrases. When putting phrases in short form, no one knows what it means and it can be seen in a derogatory context (as accompanied with the comment). Remember that, regardless of form, IF does not allow any form of derogatory language to be used - that includes short form. This rule applies to ALL FAN GROUPS. If short forms are continued and they are seen in a derogatory way, WL will be raised.
CLARIFICATION: ok...so to clarify what this above rule actually is...common short hand forms that any net user will know is allowed...example: LOL, ROTF, LMAO etc...short acronyms of this sort is fine, that is allowed beceause everyone on the forum will know what it means...however, other short forms are not allowed...example: MMLP, SOB, KKB ect...these short acronyms are not allowed because either they are a not Forum appropriate language, or because not everyone knows what it means and it can be taken in an offensive way...

At the end of the day its REEL vs REAL life. We have to separate the two. Depending on the content and context of the posts, the DT will take action whether its an increase in WL or ban...but that doesnt mean that every thread will be closed. Each post will be looked at individually and judged on its own. First priority will always be given to name calling/bashing and personal attacks.

...AND AND AND...

Dont forget that along with these new rules, all previous forum rules need to be followed for ALL THREADS.

If you have any questions or concerns, PM a DT member. 

PR Dev Team

Edited by jnawaz - 14 April 2013 at 11:50am

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

Luvshivbhavya1skanthanSpunkyTigressJShivdevashree_hJaishankar-sayeed-naomihyugagaurav_ankita08leavesandwavesBlueberry_AngelShaktifanSwatiAshlaikaNadaCinta-LiveLaughLove--Mansi.-jyoti06ParinLyksShakti-Araina--RohitMaxwell-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rules & Concerns Regarding Violent Comments" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
I find this rather puzzling.

It is all right to say that a character should die, but it is not all right to say that she is a frog? And when does a death wish become a case of 'extreme hate speech"? When the writer says that the character should be cut into 199 pieces or run over by a tram?

Well, it is your forum and you can run it any way you like, but I find this an exercise in mere sophistry,  which will do nothing to clean up the forum from this muck of rabid violence.

If you stood on the street and asserted that so and so should die, you would be booked for hate speech. It is interesting to see that there is nothing against this sort of thing in this forum, whereas you go looking for the hidden meanings in nutty acronyms. What if that meant Death to Purvi? It would definitely hurt the sentiments of a lot of people here, but it would be squarely within the bounds of permissibility, right?

How illogical can one get? If I were you, I would ban all hate posts, which do nothing but spread poison in the  forum. If anything, you would save yourselves a lot of work distinguishing between violence and extreme violence.

But then, as I said earlier, it is your forum, and good luck to you with this vile stuff.It is of no concern to me personally, anyway,.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by jnawaz

Its that time again...time for rule refresher and new rules and stuff...

There has been a lot of unrest on the forum lately in regards to "violence" posts...you all know what im talking about...certain fan groups wish death and/or violence against one character...other fan groups wishing death/violence against another character...while wishing death on a fictional character IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES...

But...with that in mind...there are some ground rules that MUST BE FOLLOWED or else the forum will run a muck...

1) Making such comments against FICTIONAL CHARACTERS will be tolerated so long as those comments DO NOT transfer over to ACTORS. Remember, keep REEL life and REAL life SEPARATE. This also includes making such comments in regards to fellow FORUM MEMBERS. Anyone found mocking or attacking actors or forum members will have their WL's increased.  

2) If at any point these comments come along with NAME CALLING and/or BASHING then action will most definitely be taken. That rule never ever goes away. Absolutely no abusive, offensive or crass language will be tolerated. TREAT everyone with RESPECT on the forum as that is the FIRST PRIORITY of IF and PR Forum. 

3) Keep in mind that any EXTREME HATE SPEECHES in any topic that is directly instigating a fan base/group will also not be tolerated (this goes to both Ovi and Purvi fans...and all other fans). This goes hand-in-hand with the violence topics. You all should already know that INSTIGATING COMMENTS is against the forum rules. 

4) If such hate/violence posts are made about FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, it has to be done so in a civilized tone without getting personal with each other. 

At the end of the day its REEL vs REAL life. We have to separate the two. Depending on the content and context of the posts, the DT will take action whether its an increase in WL or ban...but that doesnt mean that every thread will be closed. Each post will be looked at individually and judged on its own. First priority will always be given to name calling/bashing and personal attacks.

...AND AND AND...

Dont forget that along with these new rules, all previous forum rules need to be followed for ALL THREADS.

If you have any questions or concerns, PM a DT member. 

PR Dev Team

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

gvenkatetejaswiniwenhamsowmya_jairampari87Redrose07KalapiznursinghHillylovebipsTiyalipesi11gaurav_ankita08FireLordPhoenixkoolsadhu1000Dabulls23BeingAnonymousOrchid25

Salrina_Ashvik

Goldie

Salrina_Ashvik

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Ok i hve 1question..In 1 thread u hve given final warning bt still dey broke d rules nd u guys again give antr f.w..In dat thread they clearly said Miss negi nd give yuckk cmnts nd u guys jst give a warning i mean seriously whts dis??u guys shld think dis.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kandykandynaomihyuga-Mansi.-Blueberry_Angel

-RohitMaxwell-

IF-Addictz

-RohitMaxwell-

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 3:12am | IP Logged
much needed Thumbs Up

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 6:00am | IP Logged
@sashashyam : Plss read the rules carefully again ... If a member says " Its good for the track if XYZ character is killed because her/his track is not going anywhere" ..is it sounding harsh or inhuman ?? Nope .. so we cannot warn such posts because its an opinion/prediction a member is given for a fictional character ... but  If a member says " This character should b cut to 199 pieces  and rot in hell "  , then same thing looks instigating and not really an opinion or prediction and so there action will b taken ... I hope u got the difference .. Smile

In short action will b takrn depending on the choice of words and the tone being used in a particular post Smile

Edited by jyoti06 - 12 April 2013 at 6:01am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

kandykandyJShivnaomihyuga-Stardust--LiveLaughLove-pickachu-RohitMaxwell-

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Dear Jyothi,

As I said earlier, it is your forum to run as you please.

But the examples of hate posts that I was citing were not in the least like the one @blue. There have been any number of posts demanding that Ovi and Onir be got rid of, and one clearly said that she should commit suicide. To my mind, such statements are unacceptable. You are quoting something quite mild, which is not relevant at all.

In any case, it is for you to decide what you do, or do not do, with these posters.But to warn someone for an acronym, and let people demand that a character be killed, is surely not consistent.

This apart, this kind of violent reaction when one does not get what one wants dismays me. It is exactly this kind of intolerance that leads, ever so often these days, to disappointed men knifing or shooting girls who reject them, or throwing acid on their faces. One has enough of this in real life, need it be allowed, if only virtually,  in this forum as well?

I appreciate your taking the time to reply to me. As for me, I intend to spare my time and yours by writing finis  to this  topic, as I do not think anything useful is going to come of it.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by jyoti06

@sashashyam : Plss read the rules carefully again ... If a member says " Its good for the track if XYZ character is killed because her/his track is not going anywhere" ..is it sounding harsh or inhuman ?? Nope .. so we cannot warn such posts because its an opinion/prediction a member is given for a fictional character ... but  If a member says " This character should b cut to 199 pieces  and rot in hell "  , then same thing looks instigating and not really an opinion or prediction and so there action will b taken ... I hope u got the difference .. Smile

In short action will b takrn depending on the choice of words and the tone being used in a particular post Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87KalapiznursinghTiyaliOrchid25

SpunkyTigress

Cool Viewbie

SpunkyTigress

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 7:20am | IP Logged
This is much needed t this time..

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
@sashashyam : Get rid of Ovi or Onir  or commit suicide is no abuse ..its a opinion or a prediction ... u too can make siimlar prediction on Arjun or Purvi or Archana or Manav or etc etc  if u want  .. noone will stop u from our side because again they r fictional characters and thats just a opinion ... its when members start using offensive language in their sentences or start personally attacknig a real member or an actor , we take action ...rest its your show u guys watch and u guys can hv your respective extreme reactions on any character of your choice .. simple Smile

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kandykandyJShivnaomihyuga-LiveLaughLove-Blueberry_Angeleshaaax3.pickachu-RohitMaxwell-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top