Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

neet06

Goldie

neet06

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 9:41am | IP Logged
So I just finished watching the episode and I had to pen down my thoughts before they ran away..

I am going to call this a "fault"y episode because everyone is at fault while no one in particular is at fault.

Culprit #1: Saraswatichandra Cry

Despite how much I love and adore the character of Saras, when you think of it, he is the key protagonist in this drama that's unfolding. He had decided he never wanted to marry and he had his reasons for it - justified that he would be upset being arm twisted into marrying a girl of his father's choice (especially considering Guman is his father's choice - good looking on the outside but just as ugly on the inside; definitely not Saras' type..)

What he could have done was written the letter to Vidya Kaka.. Come on! Vidya Kaka was just as much a stranger to him at that point as Kumud.. Wouldn't it have been the right thing to do? Heck! He could have called Vidya Kaka and spoken to him.. But Saras dikra wrote a letter to Kumud Sundari.. He did not explain that he was unaware when the talk of the marriage had started (he couldn't throw his dad under the bus now, could he?) nor did he explain the real reason why he couldn't marry. Thereby, hurting our Kumud Sundari and setting stage for the drama..

Culprit #2: Kumud Sundari Cry

So the guy her dad fixes her marriage with turns out to be the man of her dreams (literally!). But just as she starts weaving dreas of Prince Charming.. Prince Charming's letter arrives stating that he cannot marry her. Kumud's heart was broken, dreams were shattered and there was the additional pain of knowing that her father's dreams were destroyed to.. So what does she do? Instead of deciding to have nothing to do with a man she herself labelled as a "coward and selfish" and disclosing everything to her father straight away, she decides to challenge the man to come to her house and reject her in front of her family. Hmmm... I don't quite get it.. And then there is a generous dose of her pride thrown in which leads to a cat-n-mouse game of I will not show you my face.. 

How about as soon as he walked in, she'd come in and asked him to say what he was here for? In the Gau Hatya episode, she showed unwavering faith in Saras but did not make an effort to find Yash and consequently the truth till Saras let it accidentally slip and after both of them, Saras and Kumud, had spent so much time together and gotten so close despite not wanting to.. 

Culprit #3: Guniyal Confused

She knew Saras rejected Kumud from the start. Why did she not ask him to speak up the very day he arrived? Why did she not question her daughter as to why she got him here? When the gau hatya happened, why did she not encourage Kumud to go find the truth instead of spending late nights with Saras (I know that sounds wrong)? She knows its going to be difficult for Kumud.. Why make her choose the difficult path when she could have avoided it altogether?

But I am glad at least she spoke up today and made Saras realize.. Like really realize his mistakes.. I felt like she finally behaved like a normal middle class mother.. Now maybe if someone would do that to Kumud as well? Poor Dughba has been going about warning everyone.. Wish someone would have listened to her.. But then we wouldn't get our lovely Saras-Kumud scenes then.. Would we?

Culprit #4: Vidyachatur Angry

Yes.. He is included in my list because he is so blind and in a sense naive despite whatever is happening around him. He was living in his dream world so how can he accuse his wife and daughter of being worried about what would happen to him if his bubble burst? 

Culprit #5: Guman Ermm

To be honest, she is just a cunning female.. She found a perfect opportunity to do some tamasha on the stage that everyone else had set for her and she just pulled open the curtains.

At the end of the day.. everyone is a culprit in their own way.. The fault lies with everyone and no one in particular.. And that's the beauty of it all.. Because if these mistakes hadn't been made, the stage wouldn't have been set for the greater picture.. Saras and Kumud's lovestory.. Day Dreaming

Sorry for the long post but do let me know what you think Embarrassed

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhanawaltruptishreesara.gautamMashiatMimosazzoombiesmrthemeraldeye4856myviewprem_Ank_-bornalee-Arshig8Shell16InfofanTishana...Jes...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A "Fault"y episode.." in Saraswatichandra forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Infofan

IF-Rockerz

Infofan

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 9:46am | IP Logged
res

Good post

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

neet06

Arshig8

IF-Rockerz

Arshig8

Lovely analysis,  whom to blame 

VC was OTT for me .. Any father will understand why his didn't tell itini badi baat, first of all he should think what is the state of kumud's mind... He knew it kumud liked Saras and said YES for him.. Kumud also heart broken because of Saras... And he shouted at her Ouch omg .. This is heights... And Guniyal Confused crying so loud ...as a mother what she has done, can't she go and tell her husband about so called rishta.. She kept quiet and asked kumud to tell her dad... As a wife she failed miserably ... As a mother she must have told off Saras but she is a looser ... 

neet06

Tishana

IF-Sizzlerz

Tishana

When I saw the title I thot u r gonna take out faults in d episode as I loved d epiCry

but denBig smile

Yes, everyone is at fault!

here, taali 4 haathon se baji!LOL

But dis wil ultimately make Samud realise deir love for each oder as it ws notable of Kumud's expressions wen she herd gun say saras to leaveEmbarrassed

d track is really gud!

neet06

Thenujah

Groupbie

Thenujah

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 9:47am | IP Logged
completely agree with you

neet06

neet06

Goldie

neet06

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arshig8

Lovely analysis,  whom to blame 

VC was OTT for me .. Any father will understand why his didn't tell itini badi baat, first of all he should think what is the state of kumud's mind... He knew it kumud liked Saras and said YES for him.. Kumud also heart broken because of Saras... And he shouted at her Ouch omg .. This is heights... And Guniyal Confused crying so loud ...as a mother what she has done, can't she go and tell her husband about so called rishta.. She kept quiet and asked kumud to tell her dad... As a wife she failed miserably ... As a mother she must have told off Saras but she is a looser ... 

Thank you for commenting Embarrassed

I kind of do agree with what you said.. I expected a heartbroken VC but his angry outburst was definitely surprising.. I guess it was his misplaced trust speaking.. It happens.. When you trust someone completely (which VC does trust Kumud implicitly), then the fact that she hid such a major issue would come as a blow to any father.. Not to forget, like he mentions in his dialogue, he is upset that he couldn't share his daughter's pain.. While I do understand VC's pain.. I definitely feel it could have been portrayed differently. I think VC going ballistic was more of a demand of the story than the character.. If he had been heartbroken, Kumud and Guniyal could have talked to him and maybe sorted things out..

If he is angry and unforgiving, Kumud and Guniyal's pain and guilt will weigh heavily on Saras' mind and that would form the premise for the upcoming track.. So in that respect, I am willing to overlook VC uncharacteristically blowing his top..

As for Guniyal, while her character has streaks of being a strong woman, I feel she is the kind who watches in the sidelines.. She'll support you in whatever you do but I don't think her character is the kind that takes charge, if you know what I mean.. Like, if you compare Dughba and Guniyal.. If Kumud had confessed to Dughba about Saras's letter, she would have set things straight then and there.. Guniyal is not that kind of a character.. But I do agree, like I mentioned in my post, Guniyal is at fault too for whatever is happening now..

Arshig8

neet06

Goldie

neet06

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tishana

When I saw the title I thot u r gonna take out faults in d episode as I loved d epiCry

but denBig smile

Yes, everyone is at fault!

here, taali 4 haathon se baji!LOL

But dis wil ultimately make Samud realise deir love for each oder as it ws notable of Kumud's expressions wen she herd gun say saras to leaveEmbarrassed

d track is really gud!

Thank you for commenting.. Embarrassed

I really liked the episode too.. And I am mostly impressed with the pace of the story.. I thought they would try to drag all the shagun arrangements and this and that till Friday and stop at a crucial juncture on Friday leaving us hanging over the weekend wondering whats going to happen.. (what to do.. Too much influence from years of watching Ekta Kapoor's soaps LOL)

And I agree.. All these faults lead to the common good, like I mentioned towards the end of my post, of feeding into Saras and Kumud's love story.. And i loved that spontaneous reaction of Kumud's when Guniyal asks Saras to leave.. Almost as if she wants to say I need him Maa.. Day Dreaming

I really cannot wait to see what Saras will do to remedy the situation.. I have a very strong feeling that he is going to tell Guman that I cannot leave this family in so much of distress because of me.. Till Vidya Kaka does not forgive Kumud, I am going to stay here and accept any punishment he metes out to them.. (Isn't that what Saras is all about?.. Hayyyeee...) 

-Mihika-

Goldie

-Mihika-

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:08am | IP Logged
yes..they were at fault..but mainly i guess it was guman..had she not done this..Censored

Post Reply New Post

Go to top