Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Speaking of which, they are making nice aviyal (vegetable curry mixture) out of the whole story
ie. They have mixed up Jalandhar with Trishira story and suddenly Tvashta remembers that his son has died and his bro needs to know. Such a good father.😆

Surya,

DkDM's chefs have mastered the art of making avial. That's the only thing they have been dishing out to us viewers.

Note : Avial is a dish made from assorted vegetables tossed and boiled together, seasoned with curd and coconut- and- according to my kids, tastes yuck. The North Indian equivalent would be 'making a khichidi' 
Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
rajshrip thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thank you for the written update.👏
mshikha thumbnail
thanks for the great update 😃
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the WU.😊 Edited by leelaa9 - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Is the Vritrasura they are showing now different from the Vritra they showed previously - the one possessing Sati, the one who was allied to Taki?  Actually, after the killing of Trisiras, Twastha invoked Vritra in an yagna - I had no idea that Vritra was his son.

So they will ultimately show the sacrifice of Dadhichi and a feather in Indra's crown?  I'll be surprised if they do.

And finally, Vrinda has surfaced.  But this idea of her purity being enough to protect Jalandhar sounds insane - I mean a fat amount of good that did Indrajit in the Ramayan, whose wife Sulochana was said to be one of the leading pativratas, in a select group that included Sita and Savitri (no, not DkDM's Savitri).
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: varaali

Surya,

DkDM's chefs have mastered the art of making avial. That's the only thing they have been dishing out to us viewers.

Note : Avial is a dish made from assorted vegetables tossed and boiled together, seasoned with curd and coconut- and- according to my kids, tastes yuck. The North Indian equivalent would be 'making a khichidi' 

Khichdi is different from the process described to make Avial. Why there is always South & North Indian mention? In India, people live in East & West part too.
If the taste is disliked then make a modern version. This Modern Mytho is liked by many.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mnx12

Khichdi is different from the process described to make Avial. Why there is always South & North Indian mention? In India, people live in East & West part too.
If the taste is disliked then make a modern version. This Modern Mytho is liked by many.

I was only referring to the context in which these words were used. For instance, when someone mixes up many things and lands up making a mess, we call it 'making an avial'. I think in Hindi too, 'making a khichidi' means something similar.

Oh, I had no intention of bringining any North-South divide. I apologize if any sentiments have been hurt.

And don't bother too much about avials and khichidis -especially when you should be thinking about your birthday cake. 😆

BTW, Happy Birthday

Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
varaali,
For us Khichadi is a patient's food , we use the word, "Bhel-puri", a spicy dish & yes cake is a better option to think of.😆
Thanks 😊
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
Karunima thumbnail
They are mixing everything up apart from Jallu's madness am liking everything else.