Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thetelleroftale thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
My episode review-
As everyone noted, MB expressed her heartbreak accurately and asked all the right questions. As I've said before, we have been grouped with her (more or less) and she was our voice today.
But I felt there was still a small disconnect-
1. She keeps saying 'koshish'. In one instance she says-'Kismat banaane ki koshish ki', 'Dil todne ki koshish ki' and in the next she says 'Kaat ke rakh diya mujhe'
Is that simply her attempt to hold on to the vestiges of her pride? Because if so, kudos to her. I hope she never lets up, never admits that she can't pick herself up no matter what he throws at her.
Because ridiculous as it sounds, something tells me that's exactly what he wants to hear.

2. She still didn't ask 'kyun?'
While watching the episode, my mind was constantly prompting her to ask him why.
Why is he doing all this? To bring her home.
Why does he want to bring her home? To correct his mistake.
Why does he want to correct his mistake?
She could have broken him, broken it down to the basics with this. So does she already know or does she not want to know?
And even as I type this, I see two further problems-
The last time she tried he simply walked away. And even if he says something akin to 'I can't live without you' or even the all important 'I love you', we know how capable he is of faking it.
But I guess I still find it strange that it didn't spill out of her while she was raging at him. (before the knife part)

Coming to RK, I'm walking down the line that divides me somewhere in my mind. (Quote from: Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams)
If there's no other motive other than his ishq (unclaimed) and junoon (blatant), then I feel sorry for him. 
He said- "Fikar mat karo, agar zyaada khoon beh bhi gaya toh tum ho na, tum mujhe khoon de dena" and then he qualified it with-"Tumhi ne abhi kaha ki tum chahthi ho mujhe, hai na?"
Aksar, children have this kind of mentality. You're my friend so give your pencil.
RK doesn't seem to have grown out of it.
I kept saying he doesn't think about himself or her and I think the reason is because he doesn't care about either.
The only thing he cares about is her love for him. He wants her to love him, to test that love (time and again), to throw it in her face and see what happens, to reassure himself that her love won't change even if he behaves like a monster (which he believes himself to be) and lastly to confirm that her love is exclusive. (over and over again)
I know a lot of people thought it was triumph but the expression on his face when she finally admits that she still loves him, looked to me as if he were thinking- 'Kis mitti ki bani hai yeh ladki' (that she still loves me in spite of everything)
Consequently, is it just wishful thinking on my part that that brief off center smirk in the middle of the song was an editing faux pas?
Because in the very next close shot (when she's bandaging his hand) his expression is back to disbelief.
In any case, its absurd to expect that kind of love from anyone.
And that's why even if he ever gets around to apologizing properly and she forgives him, this is the kind of love she will have to provide for the rest of their lives. Whether he can ever get to a point of returning it is debatable. 
So in that respect, I think their plan of going away together was ideal and it's something they should re-consider if ever they get back together.

Now crossing over to the other side of the line-
See, paranoia pays off! 
If he's doing all this just to re-establish her love for him and hence prove that what she is calling 'koshish' was in fact not a failed but a successful attempt to break her, then I'll be waiting to say 'I told you so!'
The physical intimacy thing I was getting jittery about is perhaps too 'gira hua' but it could very well be something else.
So with MB and us looking at him from the same (beady) eyes once again, its not only advisable but essential to stay wary and protect our heart(s)!

Read a few reviews, eagerly waiting to read the rest!

P.S. I forgot to mention Sultan-Aryan but its pretty much status quo today and also I'll wait till tomorrow for the Radhaji scene to finish before commenting on it.
Edited by thetelleroftale - 11 years ago
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Edited.
Edited by leelaa9 - 11 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: thetelleroftale

The only thing he cares about is her love for him. He wants her to love him, to test that love (time and again), to throw it in her face and see what happens, to reassure himself that her love won't change even if he behaves like a monster (which he believes himself to be) and lastly to confirm that her love is exclusive. (over and over again)

I know a lot of people thought it was triumph but the expression on his face when she finally admits that she still loves him, looked to me as if he were thinking- 'Kis mitti ki bani hai yeh ladki' (that she still loves me in spite of everything) That's an interesting way of looking at it...it would be nice if that's the depth that was going on there...I thought I saw relief there...the triumph came later after the blood soaked greh-pravesh...first reaction to the i love you was relief...he wants constant validation that she loves him despite everything...in b/w there was a strange sort of attempt to comfort her and himself when he says, "Tum fikar mat karo...agar khoon zyada beh gaya, tum mujhe khoon de dena...tum mujhe khoon dogi naa?"...

Consequently, is it just wishful thinking on my part that that brief off center smirk in the middle of the song was an editing faux pas? LOL which song? sometimes the expressions are inconsistent anyways...could be an editing gaffe too.

Because in the very next close shot (when she's bandaging his hand) his expression is back to disbelief.

river123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Something else that I was wondering about it - twice he referred to their story as "Prem Kahani." Is that meant to be a love declaration to her?
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: river123

Something else that I was wondering about it - twice he referred to their story as "Prem Kahani." Is that meant to be a love declaration to her?

Prem Kahaani and Ishq were both used liberally, multiple times...I'm also wondering if this is as much of a love declaration as it gets with RK😆

Madhu also didn't seem to have much of a need to ask him DIRECTLY...or QUESTION him for calling it a love story...as telleroftale has pointed out...there were many WHYS that Madhu needed to ask him...break it down into pieces to get it out of him...but she hasn't done that yet.
Red_Opium thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 0-SD-0

About the injustice of second question you people felt...
How could you assume that his bringing Madhu in that forcible manner was anything that was being sanctioned by Gods!  But yes, it was definitely a Lover's Tiff from RK's point of view. He is the one enjoying all of it. And for him ordinary conventions do not apply. For him all vows are from his mind, from himself and not any institutional texts.  

The second question he asked to Madhu..."No one else is there ?! Right ?"

From Madhu's point it may be wrong. But why and how it is incorrect from his viewpoint ? I think from his viewpoint, it is right.

He is not having a peace of mind with Sultan looming large in his mind. How can he ignore that ? Especially when he saw Madhu leave him in their moment of passion for each other, and instead runs to color Sultan with such love...do you all remember how Madhu was applying color over Sultan's face in a massaging fashion ? It is not easy to ignore your intuition and what you see with your eyes when they show the same thing and especially your loved one expresses otherwise in words but her actions are in disparity.

More on this , as to why he needs answers, read this post.

Darling Shri, you are absolutely right.  I personally didn't like the question because all of sudden Sultan's head was peeping on my screen, I just didn't want to see him there or feel his presence during that scene.  But on a serious note, RK did ask the question rightfully, I just feel that questions were placed in a wrong order.  He should have first asked if there is anyone else, and then confirmed you still love me?  As soon as Madhu made her love affirmation, the man assumed the second question's answer.  He didn't wait for an answer..
@Red, 🤣🤣🤣.  I laughed so hard that my co-worker shook her had made a comment: She's at it again, that damn superstar called something like "KK or PK" on that Indian TV show is back in her life..
Edited by Red_Opium - 11 years ago
blacklambo thumbnail

Originally posted by: dramacrazy12

Couple of things that I found interesting-
1) Madhu says that she would not forgive him even if he begged on his knees...I guess RK knows that too so he decided not to waste anytime asking for forgiveness and explaining himself to Maliks.

2)I did not see hand cutting as a blackmailing ploy but an act of desperation to somehow move ahead from past (If only it were so easy?).

3) I was confused with his question about blood and second question...they came across as manipulative questions but then I remembered how madhu had explained giving him blood. Madhu had stated that she gave him blood because she was sure if she would be hurt, he would have done the same. Somehow I thought it meant that Madhu saw some good in him and had some level of trust in him. Then he showed Madhu a monster in unwedding. I felt that maybe he was asking Madhu if she would still trust him and see good in him...consider him worthy of saving. Another ploy to discount the monster and move away from past. 
Now for second question-There is no doubt that Sultan weighs heavily on his mind...I thought he wanted to affirm that Madhu still loves him and him alone...It is not only jealousy that is driving him but also an attempt to assess where Madhu stands and what he will need to do to win her back completely. Ofcourse Madhu is disgusted because she is clueless as to how Sultan feels about her and how her actions in past have come across to Sultan. She thinks possessiveness and jealousy alone are driving RK.  I found it interesting that RK did not push Madhu when she did not respond to his second question or when she refused to end in his room...instead he reminded her that she had done grahpravesh with his blood and gave a evil smirk. I felt that the smirk was not for Madhu but rather Sultan. He has already started to plan the war he is going to wage with Sultan or rather to win Madhu back...he has an advantage because she is on his turf and apparently loves him ...too even if she denies it.

A coin has 2 sides - You showed me the other side I had failed to come up with.👏
@bold - A video link posted in the Media thread shows Madhu ending up back in their room with RK and he is trying to ask her if she loves him only.  This might be the focus of tomorrow's episode.
Also, thanks for responding to my question on GP for a newlywed. Since this tradition is not part of my culture, I was not aware of what it meant.

@AY and Charu -
Thanks for explaining the GP tradition as well.

@ennishet -
Per RS, Neha Mehta's entry marks yet another twist in the story.  If the twist is akin to Sultan's entry (not likeable), I am okay but if it is of magnifying proportions like the un-wedding, I don't know what to say.

Mdmadona thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice episode
rishabala scene was nice
liked his poem & grahapravesh scene
grahapravesh with rk's blood
can i take this as their relationship is very strong & permanent?😊😉❓
feel bad for sultan & aryan

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Great reviews! Loved reading everyone's take on the episode!

Just a few things crossed my mind, and one of it was in relation to what SD posted few days back about RishBala equation.

I can't remember the exact details, but from what I remember:

Madhu subconsciously wanting RK to take her back under his fold -

I can't help but think that somehow she is happy to be at RK's mansion, though it is clouded by the pain and hatred. It was by force, but he himself brought her back. Plus, even in the drunk confession she told him to hold on tight to her regardless of what happened. 

As for the rest of the episode:

1) Madhu made it clear that he can't simply beg for forgiveness because she won't give it to him - If Madhu and the audience know RK well, he will attempt to fix whatever happened through his actions. And though up front Madhu will seem like she is rejecting whatever he does, the truth is she'll be supporting him throughout.

2) Madhu walking inside the house, with her feet soaked in RK's blood and leaving the footprints - It seems to be quite symbolic. I think that officially marks the second innings in their relationship.

3) RK's insecurities and Madhu's reactions - His insecurities will be there until he does something about it. I feel Madhu should just stop responding to his questions and give him the much needed silent treatment. It'll make him go crazy, but it'll work.

4) Great to see Radhaji back - As always, she's there to point out what's right and wrong from societal perspectives. But we're dealing with two crazy individuals here, RK and Madhu.
blacklambo thumbnail

Originally posted by: anastasia21

If I were in Madhu's place, all I would have wanted was Hulk's strength to physically overpower him. Because words don't get through to him, emotions fails to leave a permanent impact on him, he is like an unruly kid who just needs to have what he wants by hook or by crook - how do you teach him? How do you get through to him? He is as stubborn as a  simple kid, but as complex as a freaking maze. 

How do you get through to him? I have been pondering over this same question after watching today's episode.  Questioning him is akin to challenging him.  He listens in stoic silence first and then erupts like a volcano and does the unthinkable. He did that last year during the Ganpati track. Unable or not wanting to answer Madhu's questions, he does exactly what she challenges him to - picks up the Ganpati idol from his home and drives them both to the chawl. Today, when Madhu shares her POV, he picks up a knife to create a bloody scene. Is an internal realization the only way to his salvation? As yet, I don't see Sultan as an external factor help either.  So what gives?
Previous
1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Next