Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

*Amar Akbar Anthony* (Page 3)

MisscoolEyes Goldie
MisscoolEyes
MisscoolEyes

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:57am | IP Logged
@ all-- thank you soo very much for your appreciations Smile

This topic deserves my personal attention to each and every reply. I will soon do that. Currently busy with the festivalBig smile ohh, by the way. A very happie new year to all :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-

-Liebe- IF-Sizzlerz
-Liebe-
-Liebe-

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged
brilliant piece of writing naina.Clap...dabh is doing great job as usual...i will go with deebz ji..

I agree that Emily being pregnant is clouding the message but I guess they had to do it because Mohit is a cheat and would have made no attempt to marry Emily for love.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

TheCoolDocSid Senior Member
TheCoolDocSid
TheCoolDocSid

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Brilliance combined with elucidation of no less excellent analysers...
Will come up later to catch up naina...

b2011

-SamiR- Goldie
-SamiR-
-SamiR-

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Nice post MisscoolEyes! DABH tracks are touching increasingly bolder topics. So far they have handled things sensibly (i.e. RK, FB, vaidrani tracks). Let's hope this continues.

As for the point on pregnancy ruining the social message, it's true .. but CVs might yet avoid this. In yesterday's epi Bhabo did ask Sandhya to keep the pregnancy a secret while manaofying Maasa. If this happens, then CVs can highlight message of acceptance .. without spoiling it with the idea of pregnancy holding everyone hostage. If they do this, it would actually be a smart move by CVs, since the pregnancy would make Emily's need to be in RP more reasonable (from story's POV), while social message also gets across via Maasa. It's like .. snake bhi dead .. and stick bhi intact (or something like that) Big smile

Edited by -SamiR- - 11 April 2013 at 12:32pm

b2011

b2011 Coolbie
b2011
b2011

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged

Briliant, emotional and thought provoking post Naina.

alexxa Senior Member
alexxa
alexxa

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 2:26pm | IP Logged

Legally speaking Momli cannot marry under Hindu Marriage Act, if Emily does not convert. If both keep their respective religions,they have to marry in the court or get their marriage registered under Special Marriage Act. If that is not done than in the eyes of law the marriage is not valid at all even if you marry in a function at home. There can be problems than if unregistered, if there is a divorce or issue of inheritance as court will refuse to recognize the marriage. Regarding your other question on religion being a big issue, in India it is. Intercaste marriages are happening in cities but inter religious marriages are not very common to my knowledge. The percentage is still less.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for explaining, UMDU!

UMDU

Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 7:29pm | IP Logged

Wonderful post Naina. 

But... I'll be honest...that while I am a proponent of religious tolerance...I do not like this track at all.  Dead

Again, I'll be honest and say that my POV stems from the fact that I am not in favor of inter-faith marriages.  This is not because of the difference in religions that bothers me...it's just that in my personal experience I have not found them to succeed.

I'm not sure which message DABH is trying to give out in this track.  Is it respect for other religions...or acceptance of inter-faith marriages?

Either way...and especially if it's the latter...the team needs to be commended for taking on such controversial issue.  Will they be successful in changing the mind-set of society at large..I doubt it.  And like others have said, I wish that Emily's pregnancy was not an issue.  Because then what have the CVs shown?...Acceptance of  a DIL of another faith by forced circumstances?...But that's not an acceptance from the heart. Confused

As for Maasa teaching Emily and preparing her thaali...we can't really forget the fact that she doesn't know Emily is Christian.  I think her reaction to Emily merely even touching the thali would be quite different if the truth was before her.

Also...I had always thought that Bhabo compromising on the issue of religion was an impossibility...it would mean changing the nature of her character.  I thought this would be her limit...that she would throw Mohit out of the house.  But no, instead she seems to have given up, and sat down like a deflated balloon...and left everything to Sandhya.   D'oh

The CVs are attempting to make Sandhya out to be some kind of a wonder woman that can work miracles.  It's just not something I am being able to swallow.  She has to be able to make a mistake every now and then.  She can't always be right.  And it's not that easy to change a society's mind-set. Ouch

Let's see what happens...CVs...amaze me please. Ermm

Edited by ummesulaiman - 12 April 2013 at 4:55am
.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
very very good post Naina Clap...I always support inter-racial and inter-religion marriages because of personal reasons Wink

regarding DABH... I agree with UMDUji, making Emily pregnant is not the right way to show this marriage or unity...but they (CVs) can use this as a starting point to create the awareness...maybe in future they can show bhabo slowly changing her mindset and accepting Emily whole heartedly...that would be a better message and the current 'forced' marriage Smile 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index