India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

*Amar Akbar Anthony* (Page 2)

farhana874 IF-Dazzler
farhana874
farhana874

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 6:46am | IP Logged
I hope DABH will do full justice to this track.
And it will serve the purpose to make people think over the issue!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011DEBOLINA96UMDUnitish95

slodkagila IF-Dazzler
slodkagila
slodkagila

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 6:48am | IP Logged
I have to disagree with you on this track in DABH. By making Emily pregnant they have destroyed the message they sought to convey. They are actually giving a message that other wise we will never accept an inter  religious marriage but because she is pregnant and has threatened us with legal action we are accepting it. It is an exception rather than a rule. So a liberal message of acceptance to my mind will not go across.

@ uma ji I agree. Well said.Clap

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73alexxab2011farhana874UMDUnitish95

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Yes Umaji. I also agree with you here. Emily should not have been pregnant. So this has become more of a compulsion Momli marriage. It would have been good if it was done without pregnancy involved. A strong Mohit standing for his marriage with Emily with the support of SURYA would have been best. Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011DEBOLINA96farhana874UMDU

.Ami. IF-Sizzlerz
.Ami.
.Ami.

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Naina Maateh ki Jay ho!
This is another masterpiece from your end.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011farhana874UMDU

alexxa Senior Member
alexxa
alexxa

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged

I feel more enlighten by each day, on different topics, reading all of your thoughts!

I have never experienced, personally, a situation where religion was an obstacle in the relations between people. But I am aware that it happens to great extent! Unfortunately!

I and my husband are from different Christian religions and none of us need to convert when we got married. Our religions have never been an issue for us nor our families and friends but, then, it is the case because religion is not an important aspect in our lives and the society we live in.

Thank you very much for your thoughts on the topic!

Sorry to deviate a bit from the main subject here but I do have a question: In my religion it's not possible to get married (I mean religiously, not at the Civil Office) without the other converting to my religion.

What is the case with Momli? Sandhya wants Emily to keep her own religion. Does that mean, that Momli will only be able to get married at the Civil Office or they can also be religiously married (as I and my husband did in his religion, not mine)?

Sorry ….but I am confused about that…..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011UMDU

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 8:06am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=alexxa]

Sorry to deviate a bit from the main subject here but I do have a question: In my religion it's not possible to get married (I mean religiously, not at the Civil Office) without the other converting to my religion.

What is the case with Momli? Sandhya wants Emily to keep her own religion. Does that mean, that Momli will only be able to get married at the Civil Office or they can also be religiously married (as I and my husband did in his religion, not mine)?

Sorry '.but I am confused about that'..

Legally speaking Momli cannot marry under Hindu Marriage Act, if Emily does not convert. If both keep their respective religions,they have to marry in the court or get their marriage registered under Special Marriage Act. If that is not done than in the eyes of law the marriage is not valid at all even if you marry in a function at home. There can be problems than if unregistered, if there is a divorce or issue of inheritance as court will refuse to recognize the marriage. Regarding your other question on religion being a big issue, in India it is. Intercaste marriages are happening in cities but inter religious marriages are not very common to my knowledge. The percentage is still less.

alexxab2011

MJV2 IF-Rockerz
MJV2
MJV2

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Wonderful post Clap very beautifully written Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

Deebz IF-Dazzler
Deebz
Deebz

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Beautifully written as always. The ever optimistic nanhi sipayee!
I agree that Emily being pregnant is clouding the message but I guess they had to do it because Mohit is a cheat and would have made no attempt to marry Emily for love.

preeti73b2011

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index