India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Toss of a coin - Zo's destiny?

kaussar IF-Dazzler
kaussar
kaussar

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:56am | IP Logged

Yesterday's coin toss scene was a very well depicted scene and I think enjoyed by all of us.

It was a light hearted, fun and cute moment, but there was a lot of underlying truths and symbolisms behind everything that happened in that moment.

1. Ever since Zo decided (or perhaps thought what's best for her is) to go back to New York, she has been getting mixed reactions from the one person on whom her final decision of whether to stay back or go depends on. First Asad gave her the employment letter and she was so happy thinking that Asad wants her to stay. But then thanks to Tanu all her hopes came crashing down when Asad once again booked her tickets. 

And then when she thought that Asad never wanted for her to stay back and when she was feeling heartbroken that he did not even say a proper final good bye to her on the video message, she heard the words from him which she had been dying to hear. " Zoya please don't go."

But Zo could not make a decision after hearing his words and his confession on the message... Because it was hard for her to finally believe that Asad had actually said those words and wants her to stay. So she even let Asad take her bags and when she was about to say her final good bye to Dilshad and Najma she once again thought of Asad's words and she decided to stay back.

This indicates that regardless of how unsure Zo will be about Asad and his ways, with her positive thinking attitude, she would always believe positively when it comes to Asad and that she would always deep down in her heart know what actually is on Asad's mind and act accordingly.

Asad's smile when Zo in the last moment said that she is not going, indicates that although he had accepted the fact that its best for Zoya to go, he had been hoping and wishing for her to somehow stay back...And so when Zo said that she would not go, he wanted to make sure that it's really what she decided and that she is not going to change her mind again. So he riled up Zo with that silly little argument.

But Zo turned the tables on him and asked him directly to tell her what she should do as he is the owner of the house. Zo wanted to hear from his mouth clearly what he wants. But Asad stammers and in front of everyone, he could not tell her what he actually wants.

This clearly shows Asad's personality and indicates that Zo would always have to be the one to come to the fore front and make him do things which he is uncomfortable in doing and make him come out of his comfort zone.

3. And then, even in that final moment, when Asad could not directly tell her what she should do and what he wants her to do, Zo decided to toss the coin and let fate decide what she should do and what is destined for her.

This indicates that even in future, regardless of how much she tries, because of Asad's emotional states, there will come times in which Zo would have to just let go and let fate decide things for them.

4.Then came the most interesting part. In frustration, Zo tossed the coin to let the fate decide what her destiny is. And Asad caught hold of the falling coin which had actually decided against Zo and against what Asad wants as well. And Asad lied in favour of them so that Zo would stay.  

This indicates two things..one is, how much Asad has actually changed and is trying to change. Asad for whom truth and moral values holds so much importance, yesterday he actually lied so that Zoya would stay. It was a small lie but then for a person like Asad, it was a big thing to do.

The second thing which we can see from this is that Zo has become so important for Asad that whenever a situation arises in which Asad sees Zo slipping away from him, he is ready to even fight with the destiny to keep her with him.

And the overall symbolism of this scene is that Asad still has a long way to go in terms of accepting his feelings for Zo and accepting his own desires and wants. And because of this, Zo would always have a tough time in understanding what Asad actually wants but Zo would always try to push him and make him come out of his comfort zone. And Asad will slowly respond to it and will always be there for Zo and if any situation arise which would make them get separated he would do anything in his power to keep her with him, be it fighting with destiny itself.

And what is in our destiny almost always depends on the actions we ourselves take...and that's what Zo's toss of coin and Asad's lying also indicated.

Edited by kaussar - 11 April 2013 at 2:50am

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

wacky1990prasikshyaAAK-SATD06JPRulesDilushacaptainpluseternal_loveCrazyPatel1vm17love_me_notJoavssk9ritukaprithvihsvs---Shweta---sri7Noe123friendsalljeenia123janu1610-Arushi-Laila2009preethi18EnlightmentLivingfreeviya.mallik4evaNithiya95SaraliciousMoronsKiMallikadelena90neenabinu-MitwaIshqPe-MisHumptyDumpty

delena90 IF-Sizzlerz
delena90
delena90

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:23am | IP Logged
The toss of the coin was definitely symbolic of Asad making his own destiny. At the end of they day he altered his destiny by telling that one little lie. To me this is everything. Asad despite not being in full throes of love is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that the light of his life is always by his side.

For me the other symbolism was the fact that Zoe caught him lying twice. If and when there ever is a situation where Asad may be forced to keep something from Zoe she will find him out. This to me eliminates a lot of MUs and unnecessary heartbreak.

After months of fighting and adventurous moments Asad and Zoya are finally on the same page and Tanveer's failed antics are not gonna split them apart.

Good post kausar and thanks for the pm! :)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

prasikshyaJPRules---Shweta---kaussarMoronsKiMallika-MitwaIshqPe-

friendsall IF-Dazzler
friendsall
friendsall

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged
hey well written post...Also one more i cud thk of is "Tanu giving d photoframe... to Zoe...it for me indicated that whatever drama she might do or watever chaals she ll try to separate Zoe from dis family...In d end her plans ll go ulta on her and she ends up making Zoe close to dis family n she has to GIVE UP one day"...wat say!!!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

---Shweta---kaussarLivingfreeMisHumptyDumpty-MitwaIshqPe-

MisHumptyDumpty IF-Stunnerz
MisHumptyDumpty
MisHumptyDumpty

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged
yes exactly, the toss of coin indicates that Zoya will always give googly, and Asad will decide her future, and the coin remains in his hands and deciding to tell its a heads meaning he will chose the right for her. 

Tannu giving the family photoframe indicates she will try her best to separate her from the family, but instead she will get more closer.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

---Shweta---kaussarfriendsallSaralicious-MitwaIshqPe-

Livingfree IF-Sizzlerz
Livingfree
Livingfree

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Loved how you explained the symbolism Thumbs Up 

Now coming back to yesterday's epi, I loved that entire bit, right from the part when Zoe says she isn't going and then that faint smile that appears on Asad's face. He wanted to make sure that she doesn't change her decision again hence he gets into the bickering mode with her to find out These two are just impossible LOL  And I absolutely loved Zoe for turning the tables back on him and asking him straightforwardly "aap bataiye aap owner hai is ghar ke, main jau ya nahi" and the poor guy's record was stuck on "wo actually". I am very sure now that she is the one going to propose, he just doesn't seem to be able to get beyond "wo actually" these days LOL And lastly, the most significant part, the fact that he lied in order to make her stays says a lot. It is a big thing for a man like him who is a stickler for rules. And like you pointed out, this shows that when the need arises, Asad won't hesitate to fight against all odds for his love.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

---Shweta---kaussarfriendsall

jeenia123 IF-Rockerz
jeenia123
jeenia123

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:38am | IP Logged
I really love the scene and was shocked when ASad told lie for making Zoya stay back, it truly shows how much he loves er, how much he needs her, then whatever he says her , he accepts it or not... but i know, when time comes, he will not let her go from his life...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kaussar

neenabinu IF-Sizzlerz
neenabinu
neenabinu

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:43am | IP Logged
awesome post kaussar...loved your symbolisms too...
Asad aur Zoya ko alag karna mushkil hi nahi na mumkin haiTongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

---Shweta---kaussarSaralicious

kaussar IF-Dazzler
kaussar
kaussar

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by delena90

The toss of the coin was definitely symbolic of Asad making his own destiny. At the end of they day he altered his destiny by telling that one little lie. To me this is everything. Asad despite not being in full throes of love is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that the light of his life is always by his side.

For me the other symbolism was the fact that Zoe caught him lying twice. If and when there ever is a situation where Asad may be forced to keep something from Zoe she will find him out. This to me eliminates a lot of MUs and unnecessary heartbreak.

After months of fighting and adventurous moments Asad and Zoya are finally on the same page and Tanveer's failed antics are not gonna split them apart.

Good post kausar and thanks for the pm! :)

what you have pointed out on the highlighted part is very true.. despite being a complicated man, Asad is a very disciplined and innocent man.. so for him it's not easy to lie and this together with the fact that Zo actually understands him more than anyone else did till now, it's only Zo who can catch him and find out things as well.. nice observation.

yea after so much they are now on the same platform and Tanu's antics will not make a difference.. The upcoming engagement would also be a situation where Asad fights with destiny when he realizes that there is no other way for him and Zo.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

delena90Livingfree

Go to top