Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DEBOLINA96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: UMDU

The problem Beta, is IPS hardly requires you to solve social problems. It is an academic exam. Once you have passed you will be trained in those qualities. Why do they need to show it now. I personally feel she should become an MLA. Lot of scope for social work, she is a good speaker, popular in her area and no academic qualifications are required. Let her become more popular in another 5 yrs as minimum age of entry is 25. She need not leave Suraj and at the same time satisfy her zeal for social work. All tracks including this one can be justified. Her lack of academic preparation makes my mind stir in that direction. Since they have digressed totally from the main theme, I am compelled to make this conclusion. Otherwise if they show her topping final exams and civil services without opening her book for a day than they would have crossed all limits of unrealistic portrayals. It will be worse than not showing DBC which to my mind is again very unrealistic.

That is exactly what i said & meant Uma ji..😳 Ha ha..MLA..nice thought!! 😆 She is continuously shown solving social problems one after another..She's not at all preparing for her Exams..YET,DABH will show her passing her IPS Exams..not only pass,she'll be also shown topping her Exams..😆 Full crap!! And those training sequences won't be shown in the future,i guess..
LovePraja thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Shruthi, Love reading ur posts these days. I understand why u've compared SurYa with Nandini-Vanraj. It is similar coz both d relationships had their own ups nd downs, their trauma, compromises nd had a painful journey till everything was set right.
But DABH being a TV soap is more intense more dramatic. Nd 4 dis reason Sooraj nd Sandhya r also more stronger characters than Nandin-Vanraj

Btw hats off 2 ur mother. She continued her studies even after marriage nd through motherhood also. Dats truly inspiring. Now I remember I have a cousin sis who who had prepared nd also cleared a very tough executive examination (I guess PMP) while she was working nd carrying her 2nd child. Surely DABH can be inspired 4rm such real life stories.
Edited by inFan80 - 11 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Deebz. If I look from a love story perspective my SURYA story in Songs itself tells I am waiting for " In Lamhon ke Daman mein"😃😃. Without seeing the early episodes also I want that portrayed in a beautiful way.

But when I look from the theme perspective ie IPS it requires a study of 13-14 hrs a day. I have personally prepared for 2 entrance examinations Kerala State Engineering Entrance exam and CAT( Common Admission Test for IIMs). 
I know how those years were. My 12th and my final year B-Tech.

I was among the last batches to do Pre-degree( that means 11th, 12th in college) and my day started at 5am and ended at 12am. There was literally no social events, no time for outings , no time even to have a proper chat with my parents or brothers. TV I had personally restricted to Friday night movies and Rangoli Sunday morning. Only other entertainment was the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys series I occasionally indulged. That was the level of comittment and preparation required for clearing the exam in 1st chance. 

Same was the case with CAT. With engineering final year and CAT coaching my days were worst and when I look back I dont know how I managed. Most days I slept 3-4 hrs max as I had to do both my engineering final year and CAT problems also. I was shattered when all the plans went haywire when my B-Tech exam was rescheduled and it affected my CAT performance as both crossed each other. However since I got placement in a good MNC through campus recruitement I took up the job and later did my MS part time sponsored by the organization

After my 8th semester I know that for days I was simply lying on bed as I was not even a position to stand up. I was tired as in that past 1 year there were many days where my breakfast was 1 glass oats, lunch samosa and by the time I reach home for dinner I was not hungry and used to eat very little. Somehow my inner energy carried me till the very end and once it was over the collapse was complete and it took me almost a month to regain my health completly. 

Studying for competititve exam is a different ball game altogether if your aim to come in the top. undivided attention is required to that task and that task alone.

So here Sandhya is going to take the msot competitive exam in India where her attention has to be more than 200%. Ideally the preparation year she will not get any time for social interaction or anything outside the study. That is the level of comittment required and your near and dear ones have to tolerate your lack of attention towards them. It is not intentional, but it will be like that.

So if they have to show the relation, they have to show it now before Sandhya completes third year else realistically it can be possible only after IPS. 
LovePraja thumbnail
Hope CVs of DABH come across dis thread made by u nd read our views. If they alter d course of d current track or d one dat follows it will do so good 4 d show as it will retain some realistic perspective.
shehjar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shruti let me welcome u to DAC (DABH addiction club )😃
U r now officially addicted ab tumhara kuch nahi ho sakta ðŸ˜†
great comparison Shruti though there are a lot of similarities in both the movie and DABH but there still is a uniqueness in DABH that hooks u to it ..so sail along ðŸ˜Š

shruthiravi thumbnail
@shehjar. Thanks yaar for formally inducting me to DAC.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@infan. You cannot compare PMP and IPS. See in any college exam or any certification exam you need a certain mark to clear the exam. It doesnt matter how many people are writing or how many people scored above. However in a competitive exam it not only matters how much you scored, but it also matters how you compare with others. Hence the level of preparation for both are different. PMP you can pass with 2-3 weeks of preparation if you are a working professional.Almost all certifications in the professional field are like that 2-3 weeks of intense preparation.

DABH if they want to really do something from a competitive exam perspective, they can have a dig on the coaching industry, which kind of denies the poor students an entry into India's most prestigious institutions like IITs, IIMs and even Civil Services. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 11 years ago
LovePraja thumbnail
Okay I didn't make any comparisons between IPS nd PMP. All I was saying dat continuing studies after marriage is very tough nd nt everyone is upto it.

Regarding DABH showing some realistic perspective, I didn't talk about coaching at all. I meant dat they should show Sandhya doing some serious study nd going 2 college. For sometime Sandhya is just solving others' problems nd fighting social ills.
Edited by inFan80 - 11 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Thanks all of you for commenting. I feel very happy when I see your comments 😃😃.
More than DABH now this forum interest me because of you all. I am happy that we are all discussing our POVs without hurting each other and I am also learning a lot from you ppl. 😃
Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi,
I keep forgetting how competitive all those entrance exams are in India. Those were bad in our times and I can imagine how much harder those must be now. Also it is a whole new ball game if you want to top those exams. One does need crazy levels of commitment. Going by that I can see why Sandy holds herself back in the romance department. 
Poor Suraj. One feels bad that he has to sacrifice more in addition to all that he has done for his family. He probably would have been just as happy with a 7th pass girl although it is hard to imagine him with anyone else.