Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DEBOLINA96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
No idea why are the CVs showing such an unrealistic thing..Honestly,in this part,DABH is failing to contribute to the change of the society..And i didn't understand why the hell Sooraj said at that disastrous Christmas night,that he doesn't want to do ANYTHING SUCH which would distract Sandhya from her goal..This thing leads to the thought that Sandhya is not at all studious..Because a an excellent student will complete his/her studies no matter what distraction tries to distract him/her..And if she isn't studious,she better leave her aspirations..Such stupid things!! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

@Rama ji & Alexxa..You know DABH should get inspired by you people now..
               If not pregnancy,atleast they MUST & SHOULD show them consummating their marriage..
Lins_Love thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
good comparison post!!!
me too watched that movie... but sandy&nandhini's case is  little different acc to meπŸ˜‰ but their husband's role r exactly the same πŸ‘πŸΌ

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
 I guess it varies from person to person irrespective of if you are good in academics or not. My mother managed to study after marriage.After completing her Xth she studied typing and she landed a job in bank when she was barely 18. However she wanted to study further. She completed her plus 2 post marriage and while she was studying 2nd year Bcom she conceived me and she managed to write her 3rd year exam when I was barely 5 or 6 months.
But she did tell she couldnt get first class for degree as it was difficult for her to write the exam through morning sickness and all and in 3rd year she did fail a subject as lack of sleeplessness was affecting her. But yes she completed it against the odds.

However my case was different. I had done till my postgraduation before marriage. After marriage I was finding it difficult to study. A full time job, household activities and all I used to feel very tired. Whenever I had to take certification exam as it is mandatory in my org to take 2 exams a year, many a times my husband had prepared dinner, not disturbed me for a week or two when I am preparing as he knew I need 100% concentration on the studying. Because of this inability to cope with marriage and academics I never took any course post marriage.
Now we are apart and are able to meet only week. Currently I am doing a online course as I have nothing better to do post office hours Monday-Friday. However all the course related activites I close by Friday so that I am completly free by weekend.

So for some it is an option of where they want to concentrate. Study or marriage. Only one thing can happen full time. Maybe that is why I understand Sandhya as I share quite a lot of traits with her.
farhana874 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful analysis Sruthi!

I loved HDDCS, Not sure about Sandy as Nandini but Sooraj is just like Vanraj. Both the characters accepted the truth of their girls and both of them sacrificed their own happiness just to fulfill their wives' dreams.

Actually SV2 track is not my fav one but I do LOVE the ending of the track.
Some of the episodes were too hard to digest for me.

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice analysis Shruthi. Unlike others I liked SV2 track as I like to see an active Suraj. Silent Suraj does not appeal to me. Regarding the discussion on civil services, the basic difference between civil services and all other exams is that the level of preparation required is not only intense but also in those subjects which you had stopped studying after 10th. The exam encompasses so much syllabus that without putting in about 10 to 12 hrs every day for minimum a year, it is impossible for you to pass it no matter how brilliant you are. You are expected to know a lot of facts which takes almost a year to memorize and that too in a wide variety of subjects. It is one of the toughest exams in the country. Regarding DBC, why I keep harping on it, is because Sandhya after she passes will go away for close to two yrs to Mussourie and than Hyderabad. Separation will mean further postponement of SR. They should become physically close without starting a family as Sandhya will not be permitted to take the child with her during training and it will be unfair to the child. SurYa do not have an indefinite waiting period like others, 
DEBOLINA96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Even i loved the whole SV2 track to the core..& I agree with you Uma ji...Civil Services Exams are one of the toughest Exams..And to my surprise,not a single thing is being shown which is required to pass such an Exam..DABH is busy making Sandhya a Social Reformer first,instead of an IPS Officer..And i doubt whether they will show those training parts of Sandhya..I'm not saying that they'll show a leap of some years..but i don't know aht the hell they are up to..I really wanna see Sooraj fulfilling her dream..then only our dream of witnessing their DBC can take place.. 
MJV2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wonderful analysis Shruthi πŸ‘πŸΌ
vanraj &suraj characters are similar ...understanding husband but Sandhya is different from Nandini.
SV2 track is not my favorite track..but the climax is one of the best DABH scene
One thing I am not getting is Suraj thinks sandy can be Laksmi and Saraswathi at a same time...then why can't she be his wife πŸ˜•
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DEBOLINA96

Even i loved the whole SV2 track to the core..& I agree with you Uma ji...Civil Services Exams are one of the toughest Exams..And to my surprise,not a single thing is being shown which is required to pass such an Exam..DABH is busy making Sandhya a Social Reformer first,instead of an IPS Officer..And i doubt whether they will show those training parts of Sandhya..I'm not saying that they'll show a leap of some years..but i don't know aht the hell they are up to..I really wanna see Sooraj fulfilling her dream..then only our dream of witnessing their DBC can take place.. 

The problem Beta, is IPS hardly requires you to solve social problems. It is an academic exam. Once you have passed you will be trained in those qualities. Why do they need to show it now. I personally feel she should become an MLA. Lot of scope for social work, she is a good speaker, popular in her area and no academic qualifications are required. Let her become more popular in another 5 yrs as minimum age of entry is 25. She need not leave Suraj and at the same time satisfy her zeal for social work. All tracks including this one can be justified. Her lack of academic preparation makes my mind stir in that direction. Since they have digressed totally from the main theme, I am compelled to make this conclusion. Otherwise if they show her topping final exams and civil services without opening her book for a day than they would have crossed all limits of unrealistic portrayals. It will be worse than not showing DBC which to my mind is again very unrealistic.
Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Nice comparison analysis Shruthi. I knew the one a day warning would be fruitlessπŸ˜†. Been there, Done that. Classic Dabh is too addictive.

What I am curious about is how you feel about SurYa now? Do you believe that they should be together as man and wife or not? Should Suraj be still waiting on Sandy to make up her mind?

alexxa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shruthiravi

I guess it varies from person to person irrespective of if you are good in academics or not. My mother managed to study after marriage.After completing her Xth she studied typing and she landed a job in bank when she was barely 18. However she wanted to study further. She completed her plus 2 post marriage and while she was studying 2nd year Bcom she conceived me and she managed to write her 3rd year exam when I was barely 5 or 6 months.

But she did tell she couldnt get first class for degree as it was difficult for her to write the exam through morning sickness and all and in 3rd year she did fail a subject as lack of sleeplessness was affecting her. But yes she completed it against the odds.

However my case was different. I had done till my postgraduation before marriage. After marriage I was finding it difficult to study. A full time job, household activities and all I used to feel very tired. Whenever I had to take certification exam as it is mandatory in my org to take 2 exams a year, many a times my husband had prepared dinner, not disturbed me for a week or two when I am preparing as he knew I need 100% concentration on the studying. Because of this inability to cope with marriage and academics I never took any course post marriage.
Now we are apart and are able to meet only week. Currently I am doing a online course as I have nothing better to do post office hours Monday-Friday. However all the course related activites I close by Friday so that I am completly free by weekend.

So for some it is an option of where they want to concentrate. Study or marriage. Only one thing can happen full time. Maybe that is why I understand Sandhya as I share quite a lot of traits with her.

Hi Shrutiravi

My intention was not to say that it's easy to manage studies along with marriage and having a child. I am sorry if my post gave that message! It wasn't meant like that. I am aware that it depends a lot from an individual to another to handle such situations. I, actually, would advise the opposite to anyone asking me about it now! Because it has been difficult (bad conscious thoughts, the risk for depression was very high at times). What I meant was that it is possible, depending on the individual, but, by far, not the best situation!

My main intention was (which remained only in my head😊 and failed to be written) to say that having a normal marriage relationship (with regard to DABH situation) has never been a problem during the study years. But now, I understand that IPS is an exam which requires much more from one intending to pursue it and that a comparison with other studies is not suitable. 😊