India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Watched earlier 200 episodes- My analysis

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Many suggested me to watch the earlier 200 episodes. I had watched some 3-4 critical episodes earlier and now based on the suggestions by many of forum members I started watching earlier episodes. Deebz had warned try 1 episode per day. Deebz not possible.
What I did I read the entire written updates for the episodes in one day and marked few episodes which I really need to see including SV2 . So guys here is my analysis of the story of first 200 episodes  

I dont know whether you will agree with me or not, but with the entire development of the love story in DABH I found an uncanny resemblence to the second half of the blockbuster movie Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. It felt like an elaborated version of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam second half. Story is definetly different what I am talking here is the treatment . I will explain

In the movie Nandini( Aishwarya Rai) is married to Vanraj (Ajay Devgan) against her wishes and Nandini is also showed as a spirited girl who doesnt like to bow down to tradional rules

Sandhya is also a spirited girl who is forced into a marriage by her brother and that too with lies and she also doesnt like to bow down

The outbreak of Sandhya on her Suhaag raat is similar to that of Nandini and I would say the scene was almost a lift off from the movie except the dialogues.
Now Sooraj goes after Sandhya asking what is her issue. She doesnt response not only that she is more silent.
Same is the case with Nandini. Vanraj tries to understand her problem she doesnt speak. Infact the silent and angry walk of Sandhya was similar to Nandini's angry response to Vanraj. Both were holding their spouses responsible for what the society has done to them.

Now the truth comes. At first Sooraj is also angry, however he supports her. Same in the case in the movie Vanraj also feels anger and desperation, but finally he decides to take her to her happiness.

15 day test, towards the end Sandhya slowly starts having a soft corner towards Sooraj understanding him more, before she can speak anything divorce papers lands in Sooraj's hands and SV2 starts.

In the movie after the shootout , hospital and all Nandini starts developing a similar feeling for Vanraj, again before she can speak something Samir's whereabouts are known.

During SV2 Sandhya does try to give hints she likes him, but he doesnt try to notice that, same thing, during the title song of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam Nandini does try to give hints she doesnt want to go , but Vanraaj ignores it.
Both Sooraj and Vanraaj are doing what they believe is best for their better halves irrespective of the fact that they both love their wives very much. Nandini realizes her love for Vanraaj and come back and they are united .
Accident happens, Sooraj comes back for Sandhya and they are united.

Now this movie Hum Dil Chuke Sanam was a success mostly because of the beautiful silent romance in the second half. Ajay Devgan played the role of Vanraaj brialliantly and Aishwarya Rai also had done a good job and even now if this movie comes on TV I watch it though I might have watched it more than 25 or 30 times. That love story never tire me.

Same is the case with DABH. The same sensitive portrayal of an understanding husband is done again brialliantly by Anas ably supported by Deepika. We wont get tired of it as it is beautifully told inspired from one of the best romance seen in Bollywood. And guys who recommended SV2 I would say thank you. It was a wonderful track and my eyes really became moist when I saw Sooraj holding the Hot Kadai

Thoughts please.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

khimishupadmaalexxapreeti73Lins_LoveshehjarDEBOLINA96Deebzfarhana874vish.narenslodkagilaMJV2Ritu-.NJ.thala

slodkagila IF-Dazzler
slodkagila
slodkagila

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Wow shruthi. Nice analysis.

I have a different view though. In HDDCS movie ash baby already fallen in love with sallu bhai.Wink Here sandy is fallen in love with studies & careerTongue. Both cannot be compared. Though i liked that movie its coz of devgn saab character.Wink Second time love blossoming with in short period for me its unbelievableShocked. Once committed its forever.Smile

Sandy character is far better than ash's oneClap

No offence. I like ash very much. but can't support her character she played always blindly.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

khimDEBOLINA96MJV2Ritu-thala

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Shobhana it has nothing to do with characters. It is nothing with how Nandini fell in Love with Vaanraaj. My comparison was simply the plot development

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MJV2thala

slodkagila IF-Dazzler
slodkagila
slodkagila

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruthiravi

Shobhana it has nothing to do with characters. It is nothing with how Nandini fell in Love with Vaanraaj. My comparison was simply the plot development

Ya i agree. There are so many films in this plot. Nice to see that u liked suraj.Smile Anas was rockingWink

MJV2thala

.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:58am | IP Logged
shruti, nice analysis...but I agree with Shobana...nandini and sandhya are different...I don't think sandhya will eat chilies or run across the road like crazy to chase her 'dream'...sandhya is a thinker...nandhini is emotional...

also in DABH Suraj is less educated than Sandhya, that makes the love story more beautiful...

even HDDCS is 'inspired' from Maniratnam's "mouna ragam" staring Revathi (I don't think the similar plot is a coincidence) Tongue and I find the original version is definitely much better than HDDCS

And ya SV2 track is one of the bests Heart continue watching shruthi

edited: sorry, just saw your reply to shobana that you were refering to the plot development...ya there are some similarities here and there, but I prefer DABH Wink

Edited by niruba - 11 April 2013 at 1:10am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

priya102preeti73DEBOLINA96slodkagilaMJV2thala

thala IF-Addictz
thala
thala

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:11am | IP Logged
niru i agree with you HDDCS is taken form original mouna ragam
shruthi i too waatched old epis like a maniac
but i like sandy more when compared to nandhini
sandy was upset initially because her dreams got shattered but she didnt carry it for too long
but in case of nandhini she kept frown face until she got admitted
in no way nandhini can be compared to sandy

DEBOLINA96MJV2

DEBOLINA96 Goldie
DEBOLINA96
DEBOLINA96

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Liked your comparison..But according to me, there are quite a difference between "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam" & "Diya Aur Baati Hum"..Smile Well,HDDCS was adopted from the Bengali Novel "Na Hanyate" by Maitreyi Devi, & was also inspired by the German Novel "Immensee"..Whereas, as far as i know, DABH (the main Theme) has been inspired from the real life story of a paani-puri seller & an IPS Officer..Heart (please correct me if i'm wrong!) But i would like to add one thing here,in HDDCS, i loved only Salman Khan..Blushing And i felt so bad for Sameer..his character..

Well,keep watching the previous episodes..Thumbs Up

Edited by DEBOLINA96 - 11 April 2013 at 1:20am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73MJV2.NJ.thala

.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Debolina...thanks for the info...so HDDCS is a blend of Bengali, Tamil and German story Confused LOL 

DEBOLINA96MJV2

Go to top