Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

ArHi Tales:Dhadkanein *Thread One* (Page 85)

Eccentrica IF-Sizzlerz
Eccentrica
Eccentrica

Posted: 16 April 2013 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
res
Edited:

I have to begin by mentioning the way you described the disparities between Khushi and her counterparts; unique yet something one can relate to.Smile

I'm sure all will agree that they've come across loads of footballer Arnavs or one who plays basketball. But ice hockey? Here's to a neoteric sport for Arnav!Thumbs Up

And now for Arnav (I can't believe he finds a place in the third sentence of this comment)…

Maintains a low profile- CheckSmile

Politely holds open doors for everyone- CheckBig smile

Volunteers to help out at the local Habitat for humanity projects- CheckDay Dreaming

Am I already a hopeless case when it comes to him- CHECK!LOL (And all this before you described hoodie-less Arnav)Embarrassed

'That's it. If this is another fantasy, it's awfully realistic and a beautiful one. I'm just going to go with the flow'…I couldn't agree more.LOL

Regarding the note: Who hasn't been frustrated with the Diwali almost kiss? I was so frustrated that I wished to shove Arnav towards Khushi or disrupt the lines so that he wouldn't have to take that damn phone call. But I'll let bygones be bygones and revel in the kiss of 'A Tale in red'.Blushing

P.S. I'm packing my bags and going to Harvard to learn ice skating and many more things from this Arnav!Embarrassed

Edited by Eccentrica - 16 April 2013 at 10:20pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Dhaliasrossidnaj84Sisbamboo1Chochoo83Manisha.Ni_singhLooneyLunaaarrsshhiigifttagHriju321CheshireBillisamiraohiralhkamus5EXPELLIARMUSTeriGalliyan.riafnapixiegirlpup03

LooneyLuna IF-Dazzler
LooneyLuna
LooneyLuna

Posted: 16 April 2013 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Semanti PHan

Updateeed...perhaps I could just say "whatever Expel said"

Par how can I not write my 500word essay?! 

It started with a big smile on my face..which very often broke into giggles. 

Who can't relate to this khushi! Hell after sitting in french lessons for a week instead of italian (by mistake) I still can't pronounce "Louis Vuitton". And then the irony "she had a fair sense of colour coordination" LOL. She is so relatable until you sent her to harvard on a scholarship..I was like yup not me. 

I like how this is about being grateful for what you have, and always looking at the bright side...aesop's fables 101. We have always seen this side of khushi in the show but its this forced gratefulness that comes from being an orphan. This is way better. Its funny how I always anticipate falling in love with your & expel's arnavji's instead its the khushi that always makes me more happy! 

So we have ASR the ice hockey player...!!!! Now I get the fire bit. So he comes with pretty much the same riches behind him as always. Your typical jock. But different still...somethings that really got to me about him "It allowed him a modicum of freedom in his excessively ordered life." "He couldn't remember looking or feeling that happy ever" And his aloofness. I like that he is not high and mighty ASR here, even after knowing girls are rabba-veying over him. 

And thus began khushi's acidity, with the stomach fluttering, the cheeks flushing yaadi yaada..and then we are back to square one the ever so relatable harbouring-a-massive-crush-for-arnav-wali khushi. 

The whole story reeks (positive connotation of that word!) of desire, just like diwali. Like khushi you had me at "low-slung dark grey track pants" and whatever followed after= The perfection that is ASR. Again felt the fire. I wonder how the ice skating rink isn't already poolside? Then you set the scene even more "pronouncedly" as they say.."Christmas lights", the customary khushi fall and arnav catch. Bringing me to my favourite scene of this whole story: 

The autumn where arnav fell for khushi. That was so so so beautiful and simple. No need for a million diyas, or a red sari. Just khushi in her essence was enough. 

What followed was the same emotions I could imagine from the diwali sequence yet I was so far away from IPK I didnt even realise it until after reading if for the third time. I can't believe the parallel ipk universe you came up with: 
From diwali to christmas eve
From shabby raizada house pool to Harvard skating rink 
From jaadu hai nasha hai to silence 
From payal to skates 
From fairy lights to well colourful lights 

I love your khushi monologues! They are perhaps my favouritest parts, but I also love how easily arnav deciphers them. And the hilarious conversation while skating. I was rofling all the way through "Harvard is going to expel you and then you'll be deported." And then time for my customary GK/must-look-that-up-on-wikipedia lesson. He is a smart cookie our asr, knows when a girl is harbouring a titanic sized crush!! 

FINALLY THE KISS. THE KISS. I am not even going to try break that down in my overanalysis. But as always I love the passionate khushi and the adorably guilty looking arnav. 

So From being left hot then & heavy to being left hot & heavy...now! 

As after WAUFMAIO I felt like I just came out of an awesome chick flick..the once they dont make anymore? I seriously forgot all about how this is meant to be based on an ipk scene. A red tale indeed all about the fire and ice you promised us. And as usual a well-rounded story :p

SemantiPhan urf president J&Sphanclub

ps. yes yes I claim this arnavji until juhi writes the next one that is ;) 

Edited by hiteat - 16 April 2013 at 11:32pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Dhaliaamv63cupcake1234Sisbamboo1Manisha.CheshireBillihiralhkamus5EXPELLIARMUSTeriGalliyan.incarnadineEccentrica

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 16 April 2013 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
Main hoon! Will unres within the hour

~Edit~

Oh, I am left incapable of forming a coherent sentence after reading that delicious piece. All I can think about are a pair of smouldering chocolate eyes and a mindblowing kiss. Uff, maar dala Semanti! 

It was beautiful, sexy, and so very sweet. Loved your tribute to the very first almost kiss, and the all consuming chemistry between Arnav and Khushi. 

And I always say this, your writing never fails to take time to appreciate the little things in life, be grateful for the kindness God has bestowed on us. Happiness! 

PS - Name one person who is entirely comfortable pronouncing Louis Vuitton ! 

Edited by vgedin - 16 April 2013 at 10:20pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

golpokobitaavantika_2012Manisha.CheshireBillimomoahmdgifttagHriju321TeriGalliyan.EXPELLIARMUSmeera30pixiegirl1chilly

naughtymallu IF-Rockerz
naughtymallu
naughtymallu

Posted: 16 April 2013 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
It is the first time Iam reading Samenti's work and Iam hooked...You write so beautifully...Portraying each n every emotions very well..Clap
I loved the way you described about their different backgrounds...and Iam drooling over a hockey player Arnav...OMG..EmbarrassedDay Dreaming
Our heroine had a crush on the hero..Not badLOL
and Khushi is struggling a lot...She is a determined girl...She wanna study...Clap
Loved their hockey sessionEmbarrassed...It was very romantic and sweet...especially their Kisswaa..Embarrassed
You recreated the Diwali almost kiss scene to a Kissing scene...Loved the update very very very much...
I love your writing style.Hugs for such a cute romantic and beautiful story...

Edited by naughtymallu - 17 April 2013 at 5:24am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Dhalia_Devaki_CheshireBilliEXPELLIARMUS

AngelTeen IF-Sizzlerz
AngelTeen
AngelTeen

Posted: 16 April 2013 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Aaa! I could imagine it all and what a delicious thing to imagine! ;)

Sportsman Arnav is a weakness of mine and here he is perfectly complimented by the super intelligent, super hard working and superbly crushing on him Khushi! Me loves!

The Diwali almost kiss was given a perfect ode here and also the almost part was completed so yay!

The intensity, the pull, the nervousness, the sheer want for a crush to go away! It was all present and it was amazing!

Great job! :)

And you know what I really love about your writing - one gets to know something new like in here about Harvard's ice hockey teams!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

avantika_2012CheshireBilliEXPELLIARMUSpup03

_disha_ IF-Sizzlerz
_disha_
_disha_

Posted: 16 April 2013 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
I tried very hard to come with a smart and intelligent comment in response to this story and i swear my mind is not moving beyond Arnav Singh Raizada as an Ice Hockey Player !!Confused Wink

Kya karun main ???

What a crackling twist to the diwali epic scene with him tieing her laces and the mind blowing kiss!
And of course Khushi is far from being shy with what a brilliant way to prove it.Embarrassed

This one is going to be re read alot of times for sure !

Edited by _disha_ - 16 April 2013 at 9:56pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBilliEXPELLIARMUSEccentrica

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 16 April 2013 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Absolutely adorable!!

I loved it - a brilliant take on another classic scene...and this time Arnav kisses her and doesn't behave like an idiot. LOL Just so cute - thank you for this!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBilliEXPELLIARMUS

GirlOfFire Goldie
GirlOfFire
GirlOfFire

Posted: 16 April 2013 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Semanti - Half an hour late - by my clock... buahahahahah!!!!

First of all, Arnav playing Canada's game!! Main Khush hoon, obviously!! Loved the touches of authenticity you brought to it!! 

But seriously - it was a pitch perfect interpretation of the Diwali almost kiss and yes, although the sensuality lit up a storm on the screen - the aftermath was just plain cringeworthy. So glad you chose that scene. The minute she put on the boots was when I guessed Diwali scene would follow.. 

Doing a little dhinka chika now... !!

Edited by GirlOfFire - 16 April 2013 at 9:44pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBillivgedinEXPELLIARMUS

Go to top