ArHi Tales:Dhadkanein *Thread One* - Page 85

Posted: 11 years ago
Hello!

Due to asli duniya commitments, I will be inactive on the forum from July 2014 onwards. 
I have moved all my stories (including this one) to an open blog, where everyone including silent readers are welcome. Since IF rules forbid me from posting the blog link here, I am posting it on my profile page instead. 
You can still reach  me by PM/scrap for a few more weeks, or on twitter @patronus31. 

Thank you so very much for staying with me on this journey, and I do hope to see you on the blog!

Much love and best wishes,

Juhi.

Edited by EXPELLIARMUS - 9 years ago
Res jo har Hal pe paana hai?

EDIT

OK i am killing you for your ulterior motive!!! 
HOLY*for-once-i-dont-know-how-to-finish-it*
Dhanyavad..you are the reason I am here, Hermoine! 
Still res-ing for the story. 

EDIT x 2 

In only 1 update you gave me all my favourite things! Rain, roadtrip, kishore kumar, vipers, Aman. How can I possibly thank you enough?! And how can I not love your story! 
This was really different..not what I expected. And yet it was a Juhi style SKD. The one I can't seem to get out of ever since I read LLATW. 

Thank you for staying up until late and writing..will surely comment fully when I wake up. 

Still res for the rest of the story! 

EDIT x 3 - Comment part 1

Warning: This my be longer than part 2 of your story!

I feel like serena van der woodsen, when Dan humphrey wrote his first short story. 

I am also sitting here desperately wanting it to rain..while I read/write this. But anyhow I know I am going to read everytime it rains from now on.

As soon as I read that the girl looked at the sky resentfully..I realised this might not be our normal khushi kumari gupta. The one who sings aaj mausam hai suhana. Whats more she is no longer the khushi who believes in braids and gotas..but couture dresses and buns.

The location of the wedding sounds beautiful! [Self monologue - A rainy vinery..that would make for a beautiful that I am dying to see, but can only imagine, no it doesnt include grape juice all over me.] And a vinery that's called house of peace? That's a first..And as usual..kitsch, something we have come to expect from khushi..par nope, not her idea.

So by now you can tell, I am panicking where is the khushi kumari gupta I know..?

And then you tell us all about her. I realise the tables have turned..she is the one running from the past now. The past was so freaking realistic, in the sense that it could happen to anyone, and probably one of things I loved about this story!

So the marriages, rituals, a commitment that khushi is no longer all about. WOW. To have lived to see this day..amazing. I always expect to be clean bowled by arnav, but its always your khushi that manages to surprise me. Juhi I love every minute of this role reversal and how justified khushi's stance is "the power to affect her life"..the control freak that she might be. I mean it kind of follows from the New york stockbroker and all haha. Probably because she has grown up having to take care of everyone in a way, or at least her jiji, she is so independent. Perfect to the T. Oh and she reminds me of Hritik from Zindagi na milegi dobara.

So devi maiyya intervenes first in the form of rain! then in the form of an un-repairablebroken car...and finally

WHITE SUV!!! Rabba-vey rabba-vey rabba-vey

Rainy day and hot chocolate..only in this case its called arnav. Mujhe bhi chahiye!!

Ah and you bring back the classic.."Tum theek ho" never have I swoooned at those words as much I do everytime I read this story, just cause you stop khushi's heart from functioning.

The way arnav describes this woman, it reminds me of the khushi I know. Oh except she smells like spring flowers..instead of say lavendar? :p

The awareness oh so palpable in the air. And then classic juhi, and classic arnav already wanting her to be his...albiet subtly "Somehow, it had suddenly become imperative that she should trust him." And why is he trying to run away from women though? There is surely a bomb planted here.

They are going on a Roadtrip!!! Wooo Because sometimes it is much easier to give in than fight against the universe? And for once I am not even thinking about nainital. I am so engrossed in wondering what this canyon road looks like! Roadtrips are so unpredictable..no matter how much you plan and even if you end up going with your friends. And here there are 2 strangers, a little rabba vey..and a millionpossibilities.

I love the first kind gesture..you know those moments in chic flick, when you see the girl look back and decide if this is the guy..she thinks about this? She can do it..but yet here he is to make it easier, to help. 

Ok freaking love it, arnav is a painter? perhaps..and has a messy car. To have seen this day..again *fist pump* But he is still the same in his can read khushi perfectly, just like trelwaney can the future.

My favourite part was this:
"He recognized the type." and upto "He was pretty sure that she would never understand"...this is so different from your usual works. Not just the characters and situations..but there is like someone said a "mature, grown-up feel". Its thoughts like this.
I wonder what arnav is hiding.

You did the kishore kumar bit so so so perfectly! "His spirits lifted immediately when the mellow baritone filled the interior of the car" EXACTLY! how can anyone not feel that..! unless obviously he is singing "sheeshe ke gharo me dekho to pathar dil wale rehte hai". or something angsty. I LOL'd so hard at khushi's dialogue.."dont know anyone who is"

Moving on..marriage. A conversation I always like to find in your stories. There is always a different take, a different reason behind it all..and why I love it. This time Arnav it feels like arnav doesnt even know what his stance is..but yet is disappointed that she is a non-believer.

The last story of your's I felt the moments of desire were pronounced and came in parts. But this one I feel like that static is always in the air. [The bheegi bhaagi ladki's almond oil se ghane kaale baal..how can any man not want to touch that? let alone arnav? jokes aside. that required "gallons of water".] And no wonder arnav is questioning it "He wanted to know her, in every possible way." I really liked that scene, and this time the questions are quite different. "worldly" perhaps.

Stealing glances...ah 

HAHAHA I just had the biggest laugh..so this is where inspiration to write conversations in stories comes from.."Just look at the windscreen, isn't it fascinating how the wipers and raindrops seem to battle each other for supremacy" EXACTLY. Rain is all about SKD's for christsake, forget cynicism you learnt from the Tide ad's - keechad getting splashed on white clothes.

I feel myself slowly seeping into a strange desire filled melancholic world..as I picture them drive, talk and steal glances..all in the rain. It reminds me of before sunrise, with awkwarder conversation and 100times more desire. (I know that you said this isn't melancholic, not by a long shot. But dont you see what I mean? And who says melancholic doesn't mean happy? I love this story so much, bas.)

Khushi the diabetic. I love how arnav handled that situation. "What an irony, that she should be the one he..."

And now I fall in love with arnav..as I hear khushi describe him. He is so so different...how could I have missed that! Way more thoughtful, philosophical, in tune with emotions of other people, painter, poet, sulja hua and yet open to other possibilities. I mean the charming Man, the physical appeal, the possessive streak and all that is still there..but I can't believe I am saying this he reminds me of a cute boy also.

The only time I let myself slip into Ipk universe was this drunk guy scene. Except this was done 50million times better. Just one territorial look from arnav..makes the gundas go away.

And so what the...BOMB. juhi! are u freaking kidding. this is an OS. and yet there is a bomb. what is it about anjali? Doesnt seem that way..What the farq.

Still resing for the rest of it...worst res-er in history. 

EDIT x 4 

I absolutely loved how the second part began. Not just something but the tone, mood of it all changes. Call me a sucker for "judai", but this was the best scene of it all. The most realistic..I mean there is always the khushi going away to find her self and all that. But this is different. This is what there moment of togetherness was built for "to come to an end"..this is the climax. There is a certain sadness when road-trips finish..haha also I guess it depends who you go with. And this is the time when you think about all the moments that just happened and over-analyse in your head. 

So well-written. I held onto every word and every fleeting emotion. Words never are enough..but when you add things in your truly juhi style..i cannot help the wide grin on my face:
"This was just so...wrong.
Her leaving him was wrong.
His letting her go was wrong." 
And you say you aren't a kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi fan! 

Oh god. they don't know each other's names!!! How can I forget. SKD is taking over my thinking abilities. I love the intense dejection. Yes I am the same girl who is a sucker for happy endings..but in this story..i love the dejection and how it slowly intensifies. 

Cause I know fairy godmother cometh - "A sudden, overwhelming urge to...open his eyes?" 

And finally the rain scene I thought would be the scene of this story. YAY YAY YAY. I like that we got to see arnav's perspective on this scene. I have always wanted it written this way..thank you! 

This is what I kept feeling throughout the story..
"You never are! Do you ever know what's happening around you?"
it was as if they always knew each other. And if not, the first meeting was enough to know everything. When this is the case..then how can all the pieces Not fall together? How can these two people possibly be strangers..

The slow slow build up to a lingering kiss..always beautifully written. What an apt moment to turn off the rain? ;) 

This was my favouritest line - "Old fears being destroyed by new hopes." 

And then the mystery is solved. I loved this twist. I love every twist of yours. Par yeh toh...Juhi their last conversation was a favourite all time ones. I could read it over and over-analyse it. par I wont. 

So "Not for long." - Khushi and I are holding you and arnav onto that..! 

And for Aman - thank you! Always the most perceptive. Hamesha. 

I probably will never be able to do justice to any other story of yours now. This is the closest to the "dhakanein" it gets..and an SKD that's going to take a while getting out of. 

I love the rain even more :) 

Thank you. Hope this comment tells you everything and more. 

Jphan4eva
Edited by hiteat - 11 years ago
 yayay...i am on first page...!!!
that was a shockingly awesome update...!!!
after reading a lot of fan fictions on ARHI...i still can say that this one is the best two shot i have ever read...!!!
in just one update...there is arnav...there is khushi...there is attraction...desire...fear...pain...emotions...the pull...rain...road...haunted pasts...anger...n LOVE...all that which completes arnav-khushi...!!
there is always and unsaid love between both of them...which they didint realize but its always there...holding them together...!!!

the story starts with a wedding here too...that too of khushi's sister...khushi is arranging everything for her jiji's happiness...but the things are different...emotions are different...!!! the very idea of MARRIAGE is not in khushi's preferences...reason being parents' divorce...it happens...happens a lot actually...parents' actions are observed by their children...a child learns and earns everything from their parents...they hold a great impact on their children...breakdown of marriages usually had negative impacts...some children get out of this trauma...and some carries this with their lives...fear of experiencing the same situation forced them in viewing things in a different way...just to protect themselves from bearing more pain...same us the case here with KHUSHI...Unlike payal..who saw their parents divoece in a different way...she believes that there is no need in handing over her life to sumone...but WHEN THESE THINGS ARE IN OUR HANDS...!!!

"Tum theek ho?"

whenever i read or heard this line...it has the capabiltily of giving me goosebumps...arnav's facr with that expressions automatically flashed in fronts of my eyes...the man is seriously very talanted...*sigh*

so he is noticing her during the wedding..and her car breakdwon became the golden chance for...hell...!!! he agreed to carry her to L.A. when is heading towards SAN FRANCISCO...!!😳😳

the whole car ride is superbingly beautiful...it like they had switch to ech other's personalities...khushi flipping her i pad...arnav's continous attempts of talking to her...khushi's stubborness...arnav's bubbliness...stealing glances...few moments of intimacy...!!

and then the song...that make me giggle...!!!😆😆 

Ek ladki bheegi bhaagi si...
Soyi raaton mein jaagi si...
Mili ek ajnabi se, koi aage na peeche.,
Tum hi kaho yeh koi baat hai...

the way arnav is describing the significance of rain to khushi is treat to read...its so unlike arnav ...and khushi's sarcastic comment is so unlike khushi...!!

khushi too was attracted towards him from the very first moment...!!! ohh that diabetic part was sachmuch so exiciting...arnav being a foodie,,,,and khushi being diabetic...!!!...i wonder how it came to your mind...!!!!
but then it hits me...u r a wonderrfuuull writer for nothiingg...!!!😉

then he left her at the airport,,,nd the restlessness started...!!!

the second part completely beautiful,,,i enjoyed it a lot...so aesomely written...arnav's fight with his racing heart...and then the realization hit him,,,,they didnt even exchange names...so silly of them...AND AND AND the RAIN HUG...i too didnt like it in the show...he is punishing her...but hre he is saving her...caring her...LOVING HER..!!!

"Cherry blossom."
lol...seriously man...he is figuring out her perfume which smells of spring flowers...!!!

the follwing lines are beautiful of all...!!!

"Do you always expend so much energy on figuring out which perfume a stranger wears?"

"Not every stranger. Just you."

then the HEART MELTING RAVISHINGLY AWESOME KISS...!!!😳😳☺️

"Do you always kiss strange men with such uninhibited passion?"

"Not all strange men."

then the reasons of her leaving and his reasons of not telling...the trust issues...!!!

"No...it's Khushi...Kumari Gupta."

"Not for long."

and then that bomb dropping of yours,,,,AMAN-ANJALI...!!!
i thought they met by destiny but cupids have to play their role right...!!!😲

"Aman, do you think he's already told her that he's a millionaire many times over?"

so he is a MILLIONAIRE HERE TOO...!!!

SUPAWESSUMMM...!!!!
Edited by avantisharma - 10 years ago
okay asr...get out of khushi's body nd khushi get out of asr's body...kidding...😆
awesome story...😊
the arnav in this story has 2 be the dreamiest guy ever!!...loved him sooo much...☺️
when he protected her.....he was angry but at the same time cool...
khushi's heart beat increased after seeing him...some1 who doesn't believe in love or marriage fell in love at the first sight...😊
his waiting...her return...he saving her... their kiss...their need 2 be with each other without even knowing anything abt each other...all so romantic!!...
nd now i just realized what kind of romantic mood i m in after reading this...😆
but the funniest part is i would never guessed that AMAN put GRAINS of SUGER in khushi's car...😆...it reminded me of the time when khushi did something similar 2 arnav's car in IPK...
Edited by no_username - 11 years ago
Res

Unres!!!

Please tell me I am dreaming!!!!
Am I the 4th one to comment!!!!!
YaaaYYY!!!!!😆🥳

Okay.. now lets get serious...
That was Fantastic Juhi Di!!
I loved the way you switched the character shade of Arnav and Khushi!!
I loved that part.
And Haye!!!! Arnav stealing glances at Khushi...
and aha... Arnav and Kishore Kumar???
That sounds so... Romantic (Koi Shaq??😛 )
Mujhe accha laga... and the rain scene...
Its already a darn Fav of everyone on IPK forum...
You carried the scenes so well...
The first was ur take on Nainital right? and the second on the Rain scene?
Two totally different scenes-one that dealt with Comedy and love and the other one with Hatred and desire...
Damn!!!! U stole the limelight man!!!
I loved the incorporation of the two scenes...
U are one awesome writer Juhi Di...
Laaaooo UUU!!!!!

Yashi
Edited by ForeverArhi - 11 years ago
First thought: There is something..mature, grown up, melancholic about this tale...

I have to go read completely and come back
Res...Off to read will come back and comment.
*************************************************************************************************************

Speechless that is what i am after reading this awesome role reversal of sorts.
I just hope that you realise and know what an awesome writer you are. 
Tussi Great ho Juhiji !!!!!!! BUS 👏
I can't weave magic with words the way you do hence i don't think i do a good job of appreciating what you have written.  But every time every single time i read one of your stories i have a bright smile on my face. 😊
It was good to read about this diabetic, educated, smart, emotionally broken khushi and a foodie, talkative, family oriented Arnav for a change.  
To think that the inspiration for their journey was actually the nanital road trip which i thought was one of the most hilarious tracks of IPK and you went and changed it into such a aww filled romantic road trip of falling in love. Only you could have done it. ⭐️
What do i say about the hug in the 2nd part this was so much better than the original which had so much of hatred in it. This sapno ki Duniya wala/ raindrops wala  Arnav is a keeper for sure.  

And in the midst of all that you managed to put Aman as well in this great story. 

The fact that you gave us both the parts together just goes to show what an incredibly sweet person you are for giving us a weekend with no cliffhangers...Let me give a big hug just for that 🤗

But before i go please throw some light into Arnav's last sentence 'Not for long' are we talking about a surname change in the future or something else all together 😉 ☺️

Liza
Edited by kondhili - 11 years ago
An epic story
I just loved it
You guys are so good at this
Juhi & semanti - finally read u guys' stories.. I have so much to say n yet I m speechless.. How can you guys write so beautifully.. It's unfair, almost that i wouldn't be able to pick a favorite, even if my life depended on it. Yet if someone asked me to I would tell them - mere do anmol ratan, ek hai Ram, ek Lakhan.. Not that u wud ever ask such a thing but my heart wants to bea little biased n have only one person to hero worship... Lekin Janam samjha karo is all I tell my poor heart!! Juhi, your first story was all about putting your famous twist after twist on everything that happened in the show to take ur story infinity n beyond.. N semanti your story was most exquisite and never done before Cinderella version of first love and almost hard to believe coz of its pure innocence... You guys make me go on verbal diarrhea - unfair!!!
Loved the way you did a total  role reversal of characters here!!!!! Thank god for people like Aman who interfere once in a while in other people's business though in a good way :) He is the perfect brother in law :)  You put in so many of my favorite scenes together in this story . The Nainital trip , the saving her in the rain sequence , the sugar granules in the petrol tank , albeit Aman did this to Khushi though 😉 a very beautiful story Juhi ... Loved it :)