India-Forums

Saraswatichandra
Saraswatichandra

So what if Kumud is dark? VB 4 (Page 6)

-Saumya- IF-Rockerz
-Saumya-
-Saumya-

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 6:03am | IP Logged

This post is not for attacking anybody :P It calls for discussion and I guess that is what you wanted in the first place until things took another turn LOL

Does the skin colour really matter? Is this what defines a person's  beauty?

I hadn't noticed that until some posts came along. Kumud as a character, isn't somebody who is a mesmerizing beauty. Because from what I've heard, the emphasis in the story was on the person she was. Her being beautiful was just a add-on. Don't you think Saras would've had met girls more beautiful or fairer than Kumud? But none of them were able to catch his attention like Kumud did because it is the inner beauty which matters, at least for him :P

And regarding the make-up or Jenny's complexion, yes she isn't very fair. Because if you see her off-screen pictures, the ones without make-up, you'd notice that. But then again, does that really matter? Tongue Regarding people who think she's made to look dusky because of her living in a village, if you notice Kusum looks quite fair especially in yesterday's episode.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Marybarton

S.Stephy IF-Rockerz
S.Stephy
S.Stephy

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 6:18am | IP Logged
I am glad that the female lead has a dusky complexion and isn't trying to look fair with make-up. Our society is already plagued with the notion that beauty means fair. So its nice when there are female leads with dark complexions portrayed as beautiful esp when their skin colour isn't made to look fair with make-ups.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

taani_20chokri..Chandni..NietzyMarybarton

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Saumya-

This post is not for attacking anybody :P It calls for discussion and I guess that is what you wanted in the first place until things took another turn LOL

Does the skin colour really matter? Is this what defines a person's  beauty?

I hadn't noticed that until some posts came along. Kumud as a character, isn't somebody who is a mesmerizing beauty. Because from what I've heard, the emphasis in the story was on the person she was. Her being beautiful was just a add-on. Don't you think Saras would've had met girls more beautiful or fairer than Kumud? But none of them were able to catch his attention like Kumud did because it is the inner beauty which matters, at least for him :P

And regarding the make-up or Jenny's complexion, yes she isn't very fair. Because if you see her off-screen pictures, the ones without make-up, you'd notice that. But then again, does that really matter? Tongue Regarding people who think she's made to look dusky because of her living in a village, if you notice Kusum looks quite fair especially in yesterday's episode.

Absolutely!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Saumya-

Go to top