Saraswatichandra
Saraswatichandra

So what if Kumud is dark? VB 4 (Page 3)

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AfsaraZ

I found the usage of "dark" quite surprising. I don't think Jennifer/Kumud's complexion can accurately be called "dark". Dark is what Saloni was in Saath Phere (old show from the mid 2000s I think) and a main point in that show was that the lead was a dark (but pretty and well-mannered) girl. What about Kumud strikes people as "dark"? It seems like the words itself is being used incorrectly.

We are not here to put a grade on her shade. Indulging in talk of "wheatish" rather than "dark" will make me play the same skin color game I dislike so much.

I do not agree with this suggestion that I should note that she's lighter than what is considered dark to most. That would be the same prejudiced behavior. Dark could only be used "incorrectly" if I believed it was a word to be assigned to women of a deeper shade. But I prefer to just see them and not their skin color.

Doesn't matter who is more dark, Saloni or Kumud. What matters is that they are wonderful girls and heroines.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AfsaraZenchanted.t1234BaraniKemeraldeye

-Neferet- Goldie
-Neferet-
-Neferet-

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Marybarton

Originally posted by mihikamahakal

Haha!SINCE  we are NOT being loyal i brought it in the discussion!
wudnt have  had we been loyal! LOL LOL LOL
Again ! i am NOT reminding you of YOUR WRITINGS dear!!D'oh

That's your take but since that is not what I posted...I suggest you keep MB out of it. You are entitled to your opinion but you cannot write-off my post as anything other than what I meant.

Just like you are reminding me that you are not doing something, I am too and using bold letters won't make me more right so I will keep it at this.

eh??
excuse me dearo!
but i ALWAYS use BOLD and italic letters..u can check ALL my posts!
haha!please! LOL LOL LOL 

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:41am | IP Logged

Haha!SINCE  we are NOT being loyal i brought it in the discussion!
wudnt have  had we been loyal! LOL LOL LOL
Again ! i am NOT reminding you of YOUR WRITINGS dear!!D'oh

That's your take but since that is not what I posted...I suggest you keep MB out of it. You are entitled to your opinion but you cannot write-off my post as anything other than what I meant.

Just like you are reminding me that you are not doing something, I am too and using bold letters won't make me more right so I will keep it at this.

eh??
excuse me dearo!
but i ALWAYS use BOLD and italic letters..u can check ALL my posts!
haha!please! LOL LOL LOL 

Can we not keep extending this conversation? It is not contributing to the topic. I already explained what the post is saying.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chokriEmAsh

EmAsh IF-Dazzler
EmAsh
EmAsh

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:52am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=mihikamahakal]it really doesnt matter to me,i love her the way she is-beautifulwith her awesome kamariya..Wink
btw,do u know that according to forum rules u are not supposed to target other peoples views?or make a post on their post..
many posts got clsed inMB forum becuse of it..especially chakku's...

You didn't read it right. I did not discuss that person's view or discuss it in detail because I couldn't read the thread after seeing the initial post.

My topic stands separate from that post asks a bigger question about a social issue - dark shaming. It is a general question, it doesn't ask anything of the previous TM. It asks a general question to the wider audience. I would have posted it as a reply to that post if I could find it. Since I couldn't, I posted it more generally.

If my views grate on you so much because I dislike a character from MB, it really should not play a role in opposing my posts so passively/indirectly in this forum.

Edited by EmAsh - 11 April 2013 at 12:55am
EmAsh IF-Dazzler
EmAsh
EmAsh

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged
This topic should be close. No offence to anyone.

Edited by EmAsh - 11 April 2013 at 12:57am
enchanted. Senior Member
enchanted.
enchanted.

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:24am | IP Logged
I was JUST about to make this topic..THANK YOU for making it!

You don't understand how pissed off I was, more so because people were agreeing with the TM, or saying that "not everybody is perfect" and sh*t like that!!

What kind of a mentality is this?! WE'RE LIVING IN THE 21ST CENTURY..& we're STILL judging people by their skin colour!?? 

Black is beautiful, brown is beautiful, white is beautiful, hell it doesn't matter if you're orange, purple or blue! No one colour is better than the other, and for people who think otherwise, please change your mentality for your own sake. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

chokrit1234BaraniKNietzyMarybarton

BaraniK Goldie
BaraniK
BaraniK

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged
She is a natural beauty.Jenny look so beautiful naturally.She is dusky in real life.She has no issue in showing her real skin color.She is not like the heroines who apply so make up to hide their skin color or SLB is not a producer who want to show is heroine so white.He admire natural beauty.

Edited by BaraniK - 11 April 2013 at 4:20am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

emeraldeyeNietzyMarybarton

VIMAL.SM IF-Sizzlerz
VIMAL.SM
VIMAL.SM

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 4:01am | IP Logged
According to i love jenny in her natural look.She is dusky yet so beautiful,pretty ,hot n gorgeous.She is natural beauty.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kinshukkiaashiqemeraldeyeNietzyMarybarton

Go to top