India-Forums

Saraswatichandra
Saraswatichandra

So what if Kumud is dark? VB 4

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
I saw a post today that I later tried to find but couldn't. It wondered why Kumud should be shown as dark just because she's a village belle.

Edit: This is where all things regarding that post ends. Now starts my own topic about a social question. Sorry to those who feel I am pointing out the obvious but there was a lot of controversy around this. I was only trying to give the previous post due credit for
bringing up the color issue.

*********************************************************************************

My question:

Why does it matter (what color/shade she is)!?

I thought it was great that for a change the girl was not gora. She looked like the everyday Indian girl. And being dark or light didn't make her any less or more beautiful. That's Jenny's natural skin color, it should not be altered in anyway with cakes of foundation like other soaps do. I love that her makeup is so natural in this show. SLB can really appreciate female beauty like it supposed to be appreciated.

Is Saras' extra-extra-goraness not making up for the color prejudice that blinds people (edit: not one person, this is a question to the desi way of thinking about color)
?

Edited by Marybarton - 12 April 2013 at 8:32pm

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

sarawakJjoshimSham33rahthrowingshadowsbanglesblrgalenchanted.Sanyomgchokrikinshukkiaashiqperfectdreamscharmz517BaraniKemeraldeyevioletshinemandygillNietzykiokyo..Chandni..geetmaanluv-ParamHolic--Saumya-S.StephyAyeChavanni.Senorita.VIMAL.SMShanUlasBabbaR_SheRNikki_Titli

mandygill IF-Dazzler
mandygill
mandygill

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
she is a dusky beauty! i don't mind her being dark..in today's episode didn't like gautam's tucked in shirt with loose jeans! u r rt in saying he looks better with shirt out!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charmz517Marybarton

-Neferet- Goldie
-Neferet-
-Neferet-

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
it really doesnt matter to me,i love her the way she is-beautifulwith her awesome kamariya..Wink
btw,do u know that according to forum rules u are not supposed to target other peoples views?or make a post on their post..
many posts got clsed inMB forum becuse of it..especially chakku's...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Marybarton

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mihikamahakal

it really doesnt matter to me,i love her the way she is-beautifulwith her awesome kamariya..Wink
btw,do u know that according to forum rules u are not supposed to target other peoples views?or make a post on their post..
many posts got clsed inMB forum becuse of it..especially chakku's...

You didn't read it right. I did not discuss that person's view or discuss it in detail because I couldn't read the thread after seeing the initial post.

My topic stands separate from that post asks a bigger question about a social issue - dark shaming. It is a general question, it doesn't ask anything of the previous TM. It asks a general question to the wider audience. I would have posted it as a reply to that post if I could find it. Since I couldn't, I posted it more generally.

If my views grate on you so much because I dislike a character from MB, it really should not play a role in opposing my posts so passively/indirectly in this forum.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

enchanted.BaraniKEmAshBabbaR_SheR

ShanUlas IF-Sizzlerz
ShanUlas
ShanUlas

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

one more thing Kumud as character is a beautiful dusky skinned  strong  village girl whereas Saras is a suave fair coloured gentleman from a very rich family

Thats why Gautam is Saras and Jenny is Kumud...SLB was not a fool to cast them.He knew the character and as Jenny told in interview as well he just casted them by a mere look test and then never looked back or gave any thought to change them

Infact Saras is Shahar ka Gora and Kumud Gaon ki SaawariSmile

Iyesterday i watched the old Saraswatichandra movie on Youtube and guess what i saw...the characterisation of saras Kumud is exactly the same though events are taking different shape

There in the movie too Kumud is tall strong opiniated beautiful woman  while Saras is good looking a bit shorter young aristrocate. Gosh i realised how much Jenny and Gautam looked like the movie once though our Gautam is much more handsome lol

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

charmz517BaraniKemeraldeyemandygillMarybartonBabbaR_SheR

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shana0127

one more thing Kumud as character is a beautiful dusky skinned  strong  village girl whereas Saras is a suave fair coloured gentleman from a very rich family

Thats why Gautam is Saras and Jenny is Kumud...SLB was not a fool to cast them.He knew the character and as Jenny told in interview as well he just casted them by a mere look test and then never looked back or gave any thought to change them

Infact Saras is Shahar ka Gora and Kumud Gaon ki SaawariSmile

Iyesterday i watched the old Saraswatichandra movie on Youtube and guess what i saw...the characterisation of saras Kumud is exactly the same though events are taking different shape

There in the movie too Kumud is tall strong opiniated beautiful woman  while Saras is good looking a bit shorter young aristrocate. Gosh i realised how much Jenny and Gautam looked like the movie once though our Gautam is much more handsome lol

Yes, it gives a nod to the original intent. He is Saras (beautiful) and chandra (white!). There was an old-world preference to think of white and beauty and unfortunately it still sticks. I think I mentioned it in one of my Saras topics about the politically incorrect  decision. SLB balanced it out so well by Kumud and her duskiness. Saras may be gora and preferred as the beauty but in his eyes, his Beauty with a capital B is dusky. It was very important.

Nutan was quite fair, no?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

emeraldeyeShanUlasBabbaR_SheR

ShanUlas IF-Sizzlerz
ShanUlas
ShanUlas

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Marybarton

Yes, it gives a nod to the original intent. He is Saras (beautiful) and chandra (white!). There was an old-world preference to think of white and beauty and unfortunately it still sticks. I think I mentioned it in one of my Saras topics about the politically incorrect  decision. SLB balanced it out so well by Kumud and her duskiness. Saras may be gora and preferred as the beauty but in his eyes, his Beauty with a capital B is dusky. It was very important.

Nutan was quite fair, no?

well it was black and white movie lol but Nootan in original was Wheaties in complexion that she was not fair too

as for character Kumud novel mentions her so ,tall dusky beauty where as her sister Kusum is fair and short ,  the biggest thing is that in the movie Nootan aka Kumud looks tall and beautiful always advicing Sares to take of himself and showing him right waySmile...which here is happening too...just dont want Kumud to take that drastic self sacrificing decision in the  end (which is far too long way too go )coz it will kill us all 

Edited by shana0127 - 10 April 2013 at 11:58pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

BaraniKemeraldeyeMarybartonBabbaR_SheR

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mandygill

she is a dusky beauty! i don't mind her being dark..in today's episode didn't like gautam's tucked in shirt with loose jeans! u r rt in saying he looks better with shirt out!

agree!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BabbaR_SheR

Go to top