Bani - Ishq Da Kalma

Surprising decisions...

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Today was seriously like a bad car accident that was horrible to look at but too difficult to look away from. From the minute Amreek and Bani came down the stairs I had a massive knot in my stomach and it just grew worst with every minute.

First of all, WHO actually ANNOUNCES their decision like that? I mean I'm sure it happens but if you know that your decision is going to be as controversial as it is, wouldn't you try to speak to your parents in private first before blind siding everyone? It would have been so much better if Amreek would have just stepped to one side with his parents and told them his decision so that THEY would approach the issue with tact instead of just going *blah* I like Rajji *blah*.

Over all, what I had thought would be a cliche'd scene ended up being well handled and I'm kind of surprisingly interested to see what happens next. There wasn't a lot of melodrama during the whole thing (not excessive at least) and I liked that the whole "Desho misunderstanding Rajji and Nirvail for this" was not approached. They dealt with that pretty quickly - Rajji meeting Amreek and their discussion was revealed to the family pretty nicely by mami jee and then Nirvail handled it pretty nicely. He was on top of the issue RIGHT away so that left no room for Desho to question him! Especially when he said that Rajji will never try to steal what's rightfully Bani's - that clarified all of Desho's doubts hopefully... (Can you tell I am sick and tired of shows where misunderstandings are just stretched for no apparent reason.. 😆)

But I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by Amreek. I thought he was going to be a regular silent dulha who will make a mess and leave with his parents but I do appreciate that he took the whole fall out for the issue. I mean he is doing this for BANI (partially) but he's single handedly taking the entire blame and putting up with all the anger for it.. I appreciate that - that sort of confidence and courage.

And in all honesty, who can really blame him for liking Rajji instead of Bani? Is it really that far fetched of him to like a girl who is confident, speaks her mind and actually CONVERSES with him and DISCUSSES with him instead of one who is a silent mule and literally a self-inflicted martyr at all time. Please, if it was me, I'D pick Rajji over Bani too.. Rajji has infinitely more character than Bani at the moment. I'm all for doing what is right for your family but lets not regress to the 18th century in the process! I'd be more impressed if Bani was able to handle the situation WHILE maintaining her wishes/aspirations. But she is just choosing to take the easy way out - let me just stay quiet and go through the misery of a marriage no one would be happy with because it's going to be just TOO hard to try to fix everything without doing something so spineless. *rolls eyes*

For me, Rajji-Amreek-Nirvail were definitely the star of today's show. And not to mention, I kind of like mami jee too now! She's pretty blunt and sometimes doesn't say things very tactfully but she usually says the RIGHT thing and means well.

Lets see how tomorrow is!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beingloved thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
True.. the scenes were handled quite maturely and in a realistic way unlike most of the shows these days.

Me too thought that Amreek would have talked to his parents first in private.

Also, Bani's father ordering to take Bani inside for preventing her form further agony & insult was quite mature.And then Nirvail sending Rajji inside while talks of her marriage were on was like what a father would do in reality. Unlike TRP hungry shows these days where lead female protagonist would stay there and keep on crying just to be present in each & every frame😡

If we talk about culture, then this is our real culture😊
farabi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice post.after seeing d epi i wd like to see rajji n amreek as a couple..after all rajji bani ki tara chup to nahi raha.amreet n rajji dono ek jase hai.n i liked when everyone blamed rajji he save her fr dis.Edited by farabi - 11 years ago
kritikakk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i also liked how it was handled, rather then stretching this issue into some huge blown up misunderstanding, however, seeing how desho tends to be holding onto a grudge for so many years, i get d feeling presently she may not retailiate as strongly, but somewhere down d road she may use this as a way to taunt n insult d 'neighbours' again... yet, i do hope, i am proven wrong!
iqbalslover thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i like raji amreek pai. if they handle it well it can rock
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
even i was abit surprised that amreek just blurted his decision not to marry bani but instead rajji out like that...when u have to say no to a rishta, u always tell the other family "we wil let u know "..and this guy wasnt just saying no to bani, he was saying yes to her cousin instead...but then again, its fiction, they cant make it so real either...im just glad they arent making it over-dramatic like all other shows...it was still handled well...some drama is always needed to keep viewers on the edge of their seats...

i loved how nirvail questioned his daughter firmly but did not humiliate or embarrass her infront of everyone...and i absolutely loved how amreek stood up for rajji, and took the blame on himself...at that point i was like awwweee 😳

why do i have a feeling desho will give in for rajji-amreek rishta?? the look on her face today when nirvail rejected the proposal and said that rajji would never steal bani's right, was somewhat of a melting/understanding look...initially she may not like the idea of it, but will give in soon enough...but then try even harder to find another nri for bani, and this time, not do much research on him 😭
stelara thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree.
The reactions were apt! Especially Bani & rajji's, their family's. both father were really good in terms of acting...they should react that way only after their daughter's life has been played with like this.
Desho was good too...she got a hell of a shock...like seriously she must be feeling her daughters life is shattered. Quite an action packed episode!
Love the way Amreek save rajji from mamiji nd others😉
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

gapgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It was an interesting ep, for sure...

But part of me wonders how much Amreek was even telling the truth:

Does he genuinely like Rajji or did he just use that as an excuse to help get Bani out of the rishta? It's unclear, but I get the feeling he did kinda of like Rajji...But unfortunately he didn't realize what a big daraar he was creating b/w the families once more. 

Just like with the brother who was given the opp to go to Canada, now once again, their daughter is being given the opp to marry an NRI over Bani & co...

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: beingloved

True.. the scenes were handled quite maturely and in a realistic way unlike most of the shows these days.

Me too thought that Amreek would have talked to his parents first in private.

Also, Bani's father ordering to take Bani inside for preventing her form further agony & insult was quite mature.And then Nirvail sending Rajji inside while talks of her marriage were on was like what a father would do in reality. Unlike TRP hungry shows these days where lead female protagonist would stay there and keep on crying just to be present in each & every frame😡

If we talk about culture, then this is our real culture😊

I did like that too. It was pretty simple and understated - lacking all the melodrama that I've come to loathe. 😆 And talking of simple, how nice was that small scene with Desho and Bhinder where Bhinder went over to provide support to Desho.. So quietly and simply done.