A Change of Heart: An AsYa SS: Ch6 Pg6: ON HIATUS - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
*takes two steps back*

*rubs eyes in wonder*

DAMN. Your descriptions are flawless. Undoubtedly, you're a brilliant writer. :D I cant wait!
You're a brilliant writer, I don't see why you would think otherwise! The description is so flawless, making it such a treat to read (: Looking forward to reading the next few parts! (:
I'm soo sorry guys. Being a newbie on this site it limits my posts for every 24 hours. If this post works means I'm up and running again :D 
Success! Ok so here it is! 

Chapter 2: The Lion's Den 

"Happy Holi, Mr. Khan."

The words echoed in his ears. The sound of her melodic voice was almost soothing. This mautherma had come to his house like a tornado to a quiet and dry desert. She had turned his whole life upside down. And although the majority of her impulsive actions landed her in trouble, he had eventually managed to see past her impulse, and further into her intention. 

Driven by justice, and not being able to stop herself from "helping" when opportunity knocks at her door, Asad had learned to understand that Zoya's crusades were her way of dealing with the helplessness of being unable to find her abuu. 

His Ms. New York, he learned, put up a facade of a cheerful and carefree girl, while within that mask was a broken and longing heart. 

Wait a minute. HIS...!? What is going on? This woman had made him feel emotions he, not only had never felt, but also knew he did not want feel. 

*Sigh.*

What was is about this girl that made him feel, so, so, alive? He'd always been afraid to trust anyone new. He didn't want to be this man. The kind who pushes people away, keeping them at arm's length. Or the kind who showed no excitement or emotion towards friends and sometimes, even family. He wanted to be more carefree, like Ayaan, more innocent like Najma, and perhaps even a little outspoken, like... Zoya. 

He was no fool. Asad was well aware that his actions and the way he related to his family and others was gradually changing. But for the better. Call it coincidence, call it fate, but ever since she had come into his- No. Their life, he was slowly learning to relax. To take life a little less seriously. It had been a long time since he felt he could, not only enjoy his mother's and sister's happiness, but also be happy himself. She made him want to enjoy life. He admired how she still had the strength to smile everyday despite having lost her parents at such a young age. 

He looked towards his bedroom door, his curiosity getting the best of him. Would she be up thinking about him, too? He could see a sliver of light emanating from the direction in which her room was located. He decided he had allowed himself a small liberty by playing Holi with Ms. Farooqui, so maybe a little more liberty wouldn't hurt. 

Asad sighed again, and straightened himself out. He marched quietly and swiftly to open his bedroom door, only to find that Zoya's room door, was indeed half open. What pleased him even more, her room was the source of the sliver of light he caught wind of earlier. Trying to ignore this, he walked to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. 

Now what? 

He couldn't just knock on her door, could he? What are you doing? Go back to your room!, screamed his conscious. But a small part of him kept him from going back the way he came. He took a few sips of water, and left the glass on the dining table. Taking a deep breath, not sure what he was doing exactly, he took a few steps towards Ms. New York's room. 

Precap: Zoya is deep in thought when... 

Comments and feedback appreciated :) And thanks again to the more recent replies :) You guys are too sweet :) 

Edited by mochhug - 11 years ago
Wow, it's good to read tht for once Asad is acting on this wishes.. Would love to read more.. Plz add me to ur pm list.
Originally posted by havokhotline

*takes two steps back*

*rubs eyes in wonder*

DAMN. Your descriptions are flawless. Undoubtedly, you're a brilliant writer. :D I cant wait!

Thank you! :) I'm glad you like it :)
Asad is acting through his heart...dream one...4 me.
Great updt. Cont soon
Hi guys, 

Here is the next chapter. Still no dialogue haha (next one I promise!) but this one is shorter because the next one will be kind long. Don't wanna overwhelm you. 

Hope you like it! 

Chapter 3: Looking Back

Zoya was sitting on her bed staring at the lion's mask she had found a couple months earlier. She carefully examined the colors and features of this mask. Fierce, yet colorful. Stern, but playful. Somehow she felt as if Jahapana could actually resemble the qualities she found in this paper facade. 

After all Zoya had seen a more playful, not to mention colorful side, to Mr. Khan. His raw voice when he was singing for Phuppi and Najma, and of course his skillful strumming of the guitar. But his light-hearted holi prank this morning was the one example that stood out the most. 

And then she had also seen him at his worst. Be it distraught with grief over his mother's near death experience, or his mountains of anger towards his father and the reason he believed he had left his family. Somehow, seeing him in those states clouded her judgement of this man. Despite all the ways he had hurt her, he too was human, after all. She had slowly peeled off layers of his cool, calm and collected charade. Inside that confident, and perfectionist shell, was a boy who longed for his father's affection, and was afraid to be left behind again. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Zoya's eyes flew up and her previous understanding was now replaced by shock. Was she dreaming?

Precap: Dialogue! 

I know I know it's really short. Bare with me I'll make it up to you guys in the next one :D

Edited by mochhug - 11 years ago
🤗not a writer??? 😲oh pleaseee this was amazing👏 please PM for next update and keep up the fantastic job yaar 👍🏼😉