India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

ASR, its Lavanya! (Page 2)

golpokobita Goldie
golpokobita
golpokobita

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Beautiful post on an equally beautiful scene!

My heart broke for her. The girl did so much for him and he just closed it like a read book, not so interesting to be read again...

But I loved Lavanya's character! Her decision reminded me of a saying, it is better to live with someone who loves you the with one whom you love!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikhi.MrDarcyfan

BarunMeriJaan Senior Member
BarunMeriJaan
BarunMeriJaan

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
This is one of my favorite scenes in the whole show. Brilliantly executed.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrDarcyfan

Arshi.Sugi.IPK IF-Stunnerz
Arshi.Sugi.IPK
Arshi.Sugi.IPK

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Nice scene Smile I cried for Lavanya Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrDarcyfan

sulu_123 Senior Member
sulu_123
sulu_123

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:01am | IP Logged
 Dear Arshicritic,that was a very touching scene you described. Something that brought out how much khushi occupied ASR's thoughts. But i dont agree with what you have written.

I totally agree with Horizon. Yes it was crystal clear from the beginning that although Lavanya was Arnav's girlfriend, his feelings for her were very superficial. She was just convenient for him to have around since she never crossed him or disagreed with him. And he was totally honest with her. The rules of their relationship were very clear from the beginning itself. Even lavanya had initially told khushi that she did not believe in marriage. It was Khushi who brainwashed her. In fact the turning point was when khushi painted a picture when La would be old and no longer attractive (remember that scene from La's imagination , when an older arnav is flanked by two young girls). It was this insecurity that made La realise that she would have to get married to ASR to have him permanantly.

Besides I dont think she really loved ASR the way Khushi did. I mean La was always shown obsessed with her appearance, her looks. She was a sweet girl but For her, ASR was like the ultimate trophy. It was through her own wish that she tried to change so as to win over nani. ASr always made it clear that for him, it did not matter.

Besides, it is strange that she never realised the undercurrents between ASR & Khushi. I mean ASR's eyes always sought out Khushi although LA wud be sitting close by. But if it wasnt for the above scene , La might never have realsied. She always knew Arnav as this ruthless, no nonsense man. She once asked him if anyone other than his Di mattered to him in his life, he said no, no one else. (But ofcouse even as he said this, an image of khushi had flashed across his mind). So she knew the equation.
Besides, how was she to know how caring he could be in love.??

But i too loved ASR for his honesty. He never EVER mislead La. With that slip of tongue, he realised his concern, caring for khushi (but not love). Yet he was honest enough to realise that he could never do justice to La nor to himself if he did marry her. Once he realsied this, he broke off his engagement although he dint know that khushi's engagement had broken off too. That was something for which I respect Arnav a lot.

Also, la did tell ASR that she always knew that there was something missing in their relationship. She had seen the writing on the wall when she saw the concern with which ASR was trying to call khushi on the havan day. Then there was the instance when it was khushi he rushed to instinctively when she was about to drop the candle so that she dint get scalded by the burning candle, although he saw La falling down.

It was just that she finally accepted the truth when he heard the quoted dialogues.

Intentionally or unintentionally,

I know that i have hurt you a lot

But that is because, I never realise

But when I do realise it

I really regret, I really do

I feel very bad

But I never do anything knowingly,
Khushi

I just,

But she wud have still gone ahead with the engagement if ASR had not broken it. Dint she stop him from speaking further?

But i do agree, La was a sweet girl who defintely deserved someone who would love her.

Edited by sulu_123 - 11 April 2013 at 12:47am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nishaipkkdiansreemeeraHorizonPrim_123MrDarcyfan

Rainbow_petals IF-Dazzler
Rainbow_petals
Rainbow_petals

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:13am | IP Logged
I loved that scene.. My heart cried for Lavanya that time..
It was no one's fault but everyone was left with little pain in their heart 
jobi Goldie
jobi
jobi

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:25am | IP Logged
This is one of my favourite scenes of IPK. I knew that breakup will happen, but never thought that it will happen in this manner, I felt there will be lot of rona-dhona...but no... the credit goes to the writers, director and ofcourse barun and sana, who lived in their characters. I felt emotional, when la asked asr ' can I hug you for the last time' and the way asr stepped forward and hugged her...hats of to barun and sana for their performance in this particular scene.
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:22am | IP Logged
@ Horizon and Sulu_123

Hmm, this is a tricky one

Why I am so upset with him on La issue?

Three counts:

1. He invited her to live in his house, just out of an ego tussle with Nani, but she took it to be a sort of 

affirmation of their relationship

2.  She was leaving, but he went back for her, even then he knew it for Khushi, but La's joy and hug -

he knew she read it as an acknowledgement

3.  Announcing his intent to marry La - that was the cruellest cut of all - he knew she loved him,

she had directly said it so many times, to his face, yet he went ahead and announced - mind you

announced not asked, his desire to marry her, just to escape his feelings for Khushi.

He was always rude to her, ticked her off, and she was just hanging on to his every word seeking approval.

Ya she was an idiot too, blinded and in denial

Ya the wedding idea was planted by Khushi, and stemmed out of her insecurity, but she cared for

him and always showed it

She clung to him and ignored all the warning signals - shows even the smartest of women can turn into perfect idiots when in love

He was living in his own world and never ever gave a thought to her feelings

Just by not saying I love doesn't absolve him of taking her for granted, taking her feelings for granted

I agree, the moment he realised the full impact of what he was doing, he broke up and it was handled very well,

but till then he was being ASRish throughout - take what I want, without sparing a thought for anyone's feelings

Edited by arshicritic - 11 April 2013 at 1:30am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Swearshina09meshasGurmeet4Drashti

Gurmeet4Drashti IF-Rockerz
Gurmeet4Drashti
Gurmeet4Drashti

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:57am | IP Logged
Hey ...
Great post !!!

N I absolutely love and adore Lavanya ... :)
She was just fantastic !!!

No doubt in the beginning I was kinda irritated with her as she was shown a bit bitchy ... :-P
But later her modifications and she did everything for ASR ... 
She changed herself, and as you mentioned gave up her career ...

That scene was just lovely !!!
N I actually cried for La *sorry I get emo sometimes* :-P

Their are many things that I wanted to watch in IPKKND ...
But the thing that I always wanted to watch would always be viewing Lavanya's love story ... Or her movin on in her life ... :)

Go to top