arshicritic your posts are awesome i believe u r one of the best critic

Thanks dear
Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@ Swethina09

Initially ASR and La seemed two of a kind

She was from his world

They had no expectations and no pretenses between them

I think that's what must have drawn them to each other!!

But somewhere down the line, probably she began to care for him,

And he began to fall for Khushi

So technically and logically

He cannot be blamed for this,

He, as Horizon and Sulu_123, pointed out was always honest to La

and never professed love for her

So at that point while I agree with them,

relationships are always about as much unsaid as said

relationships are about heart and not head

And ASR chose to be blind to La's feelings

So those of us who are upset with him are right too

After all he was in a relationship with her

So he needed to be more clued into her feelings

That dear was the beauty of IPK and Arnav in particular,

That it was so open to interpretation, that he was right and wrong at the same time!!

That we were all in love with him, yet could never fully agree with him!!!
Edited by arshicritic - 11 years ago
enova2011 thumbnail
I know this topic is about ASR and La and whether or not he really wronged her, and the arguments are great on both sides. I admit, I wished they could have shown in a flashback how the relationship started, and I'm just going to assume that La initiated the relationship. I don't know why, but I can never picture ASR asking a girl if she wanted to be his girlfriend, I just sort of picture him going along with it and then laying down his terms.

Anyway, there was one part of the show that really bothered me, and it was the Khushi-LA equation after Diwali miss-kiss. Now I know that Khushi is a small town girl, naive about the world, men, etc., but I don't care what village you're from, when a man has you pinned against the wall with his face in your hands and is moving his lips towards yours, you kind of know what is going to happen. I mean, she must have anticipated it because she closed her eyes. It was a great Arshi moment, but  what bothered me is that there didn't seem to be a reflection from Khushi's part on how this betrayed La. Now, I do get that she is overwhelmed and confused about what he just did, and she's thinking about her own heartbreak, but even when she was being fake happy to La after he announced his engagement to her, she never has a reflection about what this means for La, how they both sort of betrayed her. Just because they didn't complete the kiss doesn't mean that they still weren't betraying her. Khushi was only thinking about her sadness and her heartbreak at the time, which is justifiable, but for a girl who values everyone else's happiness, and has a very strict moral code, this actions just seemed un-Khushi like to me.

I mean, she knew immediately that she had to tell Anjali the truth about Shyam betraying her, so why didn't she see it here? I don't think the makers of the show would have actually shown Khushi telling LA that 'hey, your live in bf tried to kiss me,' but all i wanted to see is some inner dialogue about how Khushi recognized the betrayal to La from both herself and ASR.  Yes, ANjali and Shyam were married so there's a slight difference there, but for all intents and purposes, LA and ASR were in a live in, where they were supposedly doing everything a married couple do, (as LA told Khushi) why did Khushi not think this was wrong as well? Is it because she never viewed their relationship seriously because there was no mangalsutra?

I feel that if Khushi had not been interfering in LA-ASR's personal life and brainwashing La about marriage, that the live in would have continued as it was meant to until this scene. The discord between La and ASR stemmed from La changing her thinking about marriage. If she had stuck to the original terms, then they would have continued on and eventually ASR would have broken up with her when he realized that KHushi meant more to him, that he was falling for her.

Also, yes ASR stood up for La against his family, but if the makers of the show allowed it, ASR could have stood his ground that La was to share his room. He just sort of let it go after Nani insisted.

Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: enova2011

I know this topic is about ASR and La and whether or not he really wronged her, and the arguments are great on both sides. I admit, I wished they could have shown in a flashback how the relationship started, and I'm just going to assume that La initiated the relationship. I don't know why, but I can never picture ASR asking a girl if she wanted to be his girlfriend, I just sort of picture him going along with it and then laying down his terms.

Anyway, there was one part of the show that really bothered me, and it was the Khushi-LA equation after Diwali miss-kiss. Now I know that Khushi is a small town girl, naive about the world, men, etc., but I don't care what village you're from, when a man has you pinned against the wall with his face in your hands and is moving his lips towards yours, you kind of know what is going to happen. I mean, she must have anticipated it because she closed her eyes. It was a great Arshi moment, but  what bothered me is that there didn't seem to be a reflection from Khushi's part on how this betrayed La. Now, I do get that she is overwhelmed and confused about what he just did, and she's thinking about her own heartbreak, but even when she was being fake happy to La after he announced his engagement to her, she never has a reflection about what this means for La, how they both sort of betrayed her. Just because they didn't complete the kiss doesn't mean that they still weren't betraying her. Khushi was only thinking about her sadness and her heartbreak at the time, which is justifiable, but for a girl who values everyone else's happiness, and has a very strict moral code, this actions just seemed un-Khushi like to me.

I mean, she knew immediately that she had to tell Anjali the truth about Shyam betraying her, so why didn't she see it here? I don't think the makers of the show would have actually shown Khushi telling LA that 'hey, your live in bf tried to kiss me,' but all i wanted to see is some inner dialogue about how Khushi recognized the betrayal to La from both herself and ASR.  Yes, ANjali and Shyam were married so there's a slight difference there, but for all intents and purposes, LA and ASR were in a live in, where they were supposedly doing everything a married couple do, (as LA told Khushi) why did Khushi not think this was wrong as well? Is it because she never viewed their relationship seriously because there was no mangalsutra?

I feel that if Khushi had not been interfering in LA-ASR's personal life and brainwashing La about marriage, that the live in would have continued as it was meant to until this scene. The discord between La and ASR stemmed from La changing her thinking about marriage. If she had stuck to the original terms, then they would have continued on and eventually ASR would have broken up with her when he realized that KHushi meant more to him, that he was falling for her.

Also, yes ASR stood up for La against his family, but if the makers of the show allowed it, ASR could have stood his ground that La was to share his room. He just sort of let it go after Nani insisted.

Wonderful analysis, and yes I agree with you, Khushi too betrayed La. And never felt guilty about it

She infact was giving a lot of signals to ASR during diwali, though she was supposed to

bringing him and La close!!

La considered Khushi to be her friend, so Khushi was unfair to La
bhagyathara thumbnail
i always used to think about khushis betrayal on la .from the very beginning khushi knew that there is something between khushi and asr .she felt incomplete when she came back to her home after her resignation .then teej ,store room , anniversry party ,dupatta on her head ,nainital ,hospital ,diwali preparations  every time she felt and started to realise .but there was no concern for la . i think even though she was trying to bring asr and la together she knew that asr had no feelings for la .
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhagyathara

i always used to think about khushis betrayal on la .from the very beginning khushi knew that there is something between khushi and asr .she felt incomplete when she came back to her home after her resignation .then teej ,store room , anniversry party ,dupatta on her head ,nainital ,hospital ,diwali preparations  every time she felt and started to realise .but there was no concern for la . i think even though she was trying to bring asr and la together she knew that asr had no feelings for la .

so true, Khushi and ASR both betrayed La. Not deliberately , but they just could not resist each other, even though they knew of La's feelings for ASR
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: arshicritic

@ Horizon and Sulu_123

Hmm, this is a tricky one

Why I am so upset with him on La issue?

Three counts:

1. He invited her to live in his house, just out of an ego tussle with Nani, but she took it to be a sort of 

affirmation of their relationship

2.  She was leaving, but he went back for her, even then he knew it for Khushi, but La's joy and hug -

he knew she read it as an acknowledgement

3.  Announcing his intent to marry La - that was the cruellest cut of all - he knew she loved him,

she had directly said it so many times, to his face, yet he went ahead and announced - mind you

announced not asked, his desire to marry her, just to escape his feelings for Khushi.

He was always rude to her, ticked her off, and she was just hanging on to his every word seeking approval.

Ya she was an idiot too, blinded and in denial

Ya the wedding idea was planted by Khushi, and stemmed out of her insecurity, but she cared for

him and always showed it

She clung to him and ignored all the warning signals - shows even the smartest of women can turn into perfect idiots when in love

He was living in his own world and never ever gave a thought to her feelings

Just by not saying I love doesn't absolve him of taking her for granted, taking her feelings for granted

I agree, the moment he realised the full impact of what he was doing, he broke up and it was handled very well,

but till then he was being ASRish throughout - take what I want, without sparing a thought for anyone's feelings

@Arshicritic,
@Red, I agree that knowingly or unknowingly he did hurt La. But did he take her for granted or commanded her to remain his GF amidst all this? NO. It was her choice to remain with him even though his feelings for Khushi were evident to her than anyone else starting with the day when he called La and asked her for Khushi's phone number the night after the rain hug.

The reason why La doesn't evoke much sympathy in me, probably as much as she deserves, is becos her love (was that even love?) was shown to be utterly shallow at the start in instances like where she would be happy head over heels even with his sending a designer hand bag not even by himself but by some one else and was even fine with his as you said ASRish behavior where he would n't spare her in the office. It would have been far more respectful if she herself broke off with him. Which always made me wonder what is it in him that she is clung to, no obvious pouring of affection, no commitments, no nothing.. that at some level makes one wonder it was his wealth and power, let alone his gorgeous looks!

Will this absolve him of the hurt he has given to her completely? NO. But the fact that he never intended to cheat her will remain in his support. He knew he was running away from Khushi for what ever reasons, but he has decided to lead his life with his head rather than his heart. Head is La and heart is Khushi, and he thought he could do it, just like he has spent the last 12+ yrs of his life. And probably if khushi truly did get married and disappeared from their lives, he would have succeeded in his attempt too.

Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: Horizon

@Arshicritic,
@Red, I agree that knowingly or unknowingly he did hurt La. But did he take her for granted or commanded her to remain his GF amidst all this? NO. It was her choice to remain with him even though his feelings for Khushi were evident to her than anyone else starting with the day when he called La and asked her for Khushi's phone number the night after the rain hug.

The reason why La doesn't evoke much sympathy in me, probably as much as she deserves, is becos her love (was that even love?) was shown to be utterly shallow at the start in instances like where she would be happy head over heels even with his sending a designer hand bag not even by himself but by some one else and was even fine with his as you said ASRish behavior where he would n't spare her in the office. It would have been far more respectful if she herself broke off with him. Which always made me wonder what is it in him that she is clung to, no obvious pouring of affection, no commitments, no nothing.. that at some level makes one wonder it was his wealth and power, let alone his gorgeous looks!

Will this absolve him of the hurt he has given to her completely? NO. But the fact that he never intended to cheat her will remain in his support. He knew he was running away from Khushi for what ever reasons, but he has decided to lead his life with his head rather than his heart. Head is La and heart is Khushi, and he thought he could do it, just like he has spent the last 12+ yrs of his life. And probably if khushi truly did get married and disappeared from their lives, he would have succeeded in his attempt too.

Your arguments as always are very compelling

ya to start with she was shallow , but later I think she really did love him

As to what she saw in him, probably the same thing that we saw, the man was magical, like us,  she too couldn't help being in love with him!
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: enova2011

@Agree with you. Lavanya unknowingly became the scapegoat in Arshi realizing their feelings for each other. The vacillation of Khushi, from this nave girl who would classify her inner feelings, dhaks dhaks for a man to acidity to the woman who is supposedly well read into scriptures and firmly aware of the values and virtues of the institute of marriage,was rather blurred.