India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

My achievement will be my film's remake: SRK

lentils IF-Dazzler
lentils
lentils

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:59pm | IP Logged

Actor Shah Rukh Khan, who was part of two remake films -- "Devdas" and "Don" -- said the proud moment for him would be when somebody would remake his original films.

"I did two iconic films -- one is Dilip Kumar's 'Devdas' and the other one is Amitabh Bachchan's 'Don'. I never chose my films. Films and directors chose me. Sanjay Leela Bhansali told me 'there is something in your eyes' and then he asked me to do 'Devdas'.

"Farhan Akhtar thought I could play the character of 'Don'. But I am not thinking about remaking any film now," Shah Rukh Khan told reporters during the launch of Filmfare's 100 Years of Cinema issue here Wednesday.

"Hopefully, a time will come when somebody will remake one of my original films and that will be a great achievement and proud moment for me," he added.

The actor, who got an opportunity to share the space with Bollywood icons Dilip Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan on the Filmfare's cover page, said his life was now "complete".

"I had a marvellous time shooting for the photo shoot with Dilip Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan. I feel my life is complete now. When I was shooting with Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu, Saira ji came to me and said if she had a son he would have looked like me."

"They have seen so much in life and you can see that in their eyes. It's a wonderful moment that they have given me," he added.

Dilip Kumar, who couldn't come for the launch of the magazine owing to health reasons, sent his best wishes through a message.

Among all the tags that Shah Rukh has got including 'King Khan', 'Baadshah' and 'Don' among others, he said his favourite tag was "Papa".

"Papa is the best one, and that's my favourite. It was given to me by my two only legal children," the actor said.

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

srkfan21cutiepiexoxbyriteshsajni_ka_sajnaEvashNa1naBazingaanoseasyncperkilicious.nirvana.AblazedEnigma..PeraltaGarrantyMoronsKiMallikaani_grCutiepie RaniJupiters_Cock.ByGod.Nancyblue-ice.TheRagerTony_StraK786-SalShah4eva-

Bazingaa IF-Sizzlerz
Bazingaa
Bazingaa

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
And he reminds me yet again why I love and respect this man so much. :)

"Papa is the best one, and that's my favourite. It was given to me by my two only legal children," the actor said.

Aww, this is so cute!! And lol, legal children, haha! LOL

He sounds so humble and gah, I just love him! Loved it, thanks :)

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

huneymonstaSilentPoetEvashNa1naForeverSHINeesajni_ka_sajnaOJ6.0.nirvana.ani_grblue-ice.

sajni_ka_sajna IF-Dazzler
sajni_ka_sajna
sajni_ka_sajna

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
Among all the tags that Shah Rukh has got including 'King Khan', 'Baadshah' and 'Don' among others, he said his favourite tag was "Papa".

this man's just pure class Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

KkkkkingKhanEvashNa1naBazingaaCutiepie Rani

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
I agree with him...Imitation is the best form of flattery...

I think maybe 20 years from now...someone might think about making the remakes of DDLJ, CDI and Swades...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ramu61kartiEvashNa1naForeverSHINeeBazingaaani_gr-SalShah4eva-

Tony_StraK786 IF-Addictz

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

SilentPoetsajni_ka_sajnaEvashForeverSHINeeMoronsKiMallikaTheEmpressBazingaaani_grblue-ice.

Tony_StraK786 IF-Addictz

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeesajni_ka_sajnaOJ6.0ani_grblue-ice.

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
Aw Shahrukh.

^^ A true superstar, father, actor, son, brother, husband, friend, human being speaking!

But I'm not so much a fan of remakes. I rather enjoy uniqueness, creativity, and a brand new script. Yeah, I guess it may be an achievement of a certain kind when your movie is made a remake. But then comparisons are drawn and the debate begins on whether justice was made or not.

For cases like Shahrukh, Dilip ji, and Amit ji they are achieved so much in their respected careers that their biggest achievement as an actor has been achieved to a great extent. They don't need more. They have already made a HUGE impact in their career! They will never be forgotten in the industry. They are all legends.

Although I've enjoyed some of the remakes SRK has done, remakes aren't my forte. Originality is better in my opinion.

Shahrukh, you're already the 'king' of bollywood and no one can ever take that title away from you! :)

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 10 April 2013 at 4:11pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sajni_ka_sajnaBazingaaani_grblue-ice.

Hakuna-Matataa IF-Rockerz
Hakuna-Matataa
Hakuna-Matataa

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
can someone remake guddu and somehow make it watchable? or even english babu desi mem Wink that will make srk very happy n proud Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MinzPie.Sad.But.True.

Go to top