Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

DNA: All good men are taken- Kratika (Page 2)

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Such a fantastic interview! Love the career biography, too. The writer of the article has done a great job!

"Finally, when I had to make an entry, there was tremendous pressure on me. People were sceptical about how I would be accepted because several historicals, that had gone in for a generation leap, till then, had to shut down after the character had grown-up." But Kratika's fiery Laxmibai got a thumbs-up from the viewers and the serial continued for over a year with her and proved to be a turning point in her career.
- Ulka and Kratika are both synonymous with the names "Manu" and "Laxmibai" now, and I love that! Kratika acknowledged Ulka's fabulous work in the show and took that even higher with her own portrayal of Laxmibai. The longevity of the show is testament to both actresses' talents!

- A turning point that brought out the best in her, for sure! Kratika faced a lot of challenges and I really admire how she is so honest about the issues she had. She faces every hurdle head-on, puts everything she's got into projects and roles that she believes in, and shows people over and over with her shows and performances that she's not just a "flash in the pan." She's anything but that. A seasoned, nuanced, truly versatile actor.

For six months after Jhansi Ki Rani, Kratika turned down every role that came her way because she was either not convinced about the story or her character. Then Punarvivaah came, dealing with an unusual subject of remarriage and to top it, she had to play mother of a six-year-old boy. "Playing a mother was not a concern ' the serial was a clutter-breaker and that interested me. Divorce rates are going up and though we are not promoting that, we wanted people to think of re-living and taking a second chance at love. So, there is a strong love story also in the serial," says Kratika...But it's the chemistry with her co-star Gurmeet Choudhary that really became a talking point. "Gurmeet is a gentleman and a thorough professional. It was a challenge for us because Gurmeet's chemistry with Dhrasti Dhami (in Geet) had been appreciated while Sameer Dharmadhikari and I had a great equation in Jhansi... But people liked us together," smiles Kratika.

- LOVE everything that Kratika said about her decision to come out of her self-imposed hiatus for Punar Vivaah's story and social relevance! This is something she has spoken about before and I remember while watching her speak at the PV launch, I felt immense respect and admiration for this actress I knew next to nothing about - her investment and involvement in this show stems from her outlook...This is more than a job to her, more than an excuse to get dressed up and get in front of a camera. Kratika lives her characters and each role she has done in her career shows how beautifully she has grown into the actress that she is today.

- Ah! Love, love, love how Kratika mentions her pairing with Sameer Dharmadhikari here! People love her with her previous co-stars just like people love Gurmeet in his previous shows. The challenge of "creating chemistry" with a new co-actor is very much a two-way street, especially if the actors are extremely popular and known to have made marks with their previous shows. Kratika and Gurmeet understand this (we saw that in their joint portion of the ABP interview) and I think they both understand each other as co-actors as well because of what they've had to go through during GHSP and JKR...and of course, now, together, they're dealing with the aftermath of those shows and their present popularity as individual actors and as a much-loved pairing in Punar Vivaah.

- "...But people liked us together..." - Understatement! MASSIVE understatement. As usual, Kratika! LOL She always de-emphasizes this point! She has shared a good/great/fantastic chemistry with all her co-stars, depending on the role and co-actor...People who have been watching PV like/love/adore her with Gurmeet as Aarti-Yash, I believe...And that has everything to do with the efforts of the entire PV Team as well as Gurmeet-Kratika's comfort level and mutual respect.

Aside: All the little mentions of Kratika's mother: so sweet! Embarrassed Love the JKR story from her childhood! Perfect. Approve

Edited by MelodiousDreams - 10 April 2013 at 5:24pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

KamliKudilulujjjjChitra_11aanyakunatEuphoria.

.HandsomeBanana IF-Stunnerz
.HandsomeBanana
.HandsomeBanana

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
thanks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lulujjjj

aanyakunat IF-Rockerz
aanyakunat
aanyakunat

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
fantastic interview! thanks for sharing...

lulujjjj

padmavar Goldie
padmavar
padmavar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Mr Right will surely come your way Kratika, when the time is right.

lulujjjj

princess121993 IF-Rockerz
princess121993
princess121993

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing

lulujjjj

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
KS is so sweet... Embarrassed

lulujjjj

IsYaRoCHeR IF-Sizzlerz
IsYaRoCHeR
IsYaRoCHeR

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Oh my..It's a lovely yet brilliant article on Kratika!! ClapHeart

Loved all of her answers.. And yeah, She don't have to worry much... Her Mr. Right would be one in a million of her fans!! LOLEmbarrassed

Thanks for sharing!! Embarrassed

lulujjjj

rusman Goldie
rusman
rusman

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
I hope she finds tall, handsome, loving and caring kind as a husband she deserves it. 

lulujjjj

Go to top