Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

RK-MB not a typical love story.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi everyone,

I have been watching Madhubala since Day 1 and also coming to this forum since Day 1. Hardly ever made any post in this forum but today, I am compelled to.

Most of us are hoping to see RK redemption and Madhu forgiving RK after he bows down. But after watching today's episode and of course, the past few episodes, I am quite sure it is not going to happen. RK was never made to redeem himself and be the goody guy. Even though he has realised what he did with Madhubala, he will never apologize. That word is not in his dictionary. He will do what it takes to keep her by his side, like he said today. But apology... A BIG NO. He is a larger-than-life character who is very different from other heroes that we see on-screen.

The title of the show says it all "Madhubala...Ek Ishq Ek Junoon". Like many pointed out earlier, MB is the ishq, while RK is junoon. In my opinion, despite RK not apologizing, MB will always love RK and RK will always love her but never admit in a romantic way, like we see in other serials. He will show his love towards her by pointing out his 'right' towards her, like he has been doing since day 1. The same with MB. If ever she admits her love for him, it will be forcefully, like shown in the precap.

OK, many of you might want to kill me for saying this but to be honest, the fact that RK will never apologize, and MB will never forgive, yet both will continue to love each other, draws me even more towards RishBala. Some pains can never be healed, and this is one.
This is what makes their love story so complicated, so twisted.

They are not your meant-to-be-happily-ever-after couples. In fact if the CVs stick true to the characters, RK-MB can never have a happy ending. I guess that's why the synopsis talks about Madhu as someone who did not want the limelight, but was forced to. She will never be happy in her life, because of her career and RK. It's that kind of a relationship where neither can you live with that person, nor can you live without that person. It's somewhat similar to Dilip Kumar-Madhubala's love story. If whatever sources say are true, then Dilip Kumar never apologized for slapping MB on the sets of Mughal-e-Azam. They separated, but yet continued to love each other. She pined for him till her last breath, and he probably loved her despite moving on.

Sorry for the rant. I don't know what I just wrote. But to sum it up, don't expect RK to apologize, and then MB to forgive him and then a happily-ever-after RishBala. That's not going to happen, even if RK realises what he did.
Like he said, it's a "choti moti nok jhok" and obviously, I wasn't surprised.

P.S. Those who used to watch Dekha Ek Khwaab, didn't today's episode remind you of how Udayveer caught Manyata in the police station and brought her to rajmahal?

Cheers,
Samridhi   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
And to add on, all those calling RK a psychopath etc. 
dude, when was he ever normal? You CANNOT compare RK to any other character on TV or in real life. He is not meant to be real. He is meant to be a larger-than-life character.
Come on, who speaks in a filmy way all the time? No one.
RK has been created for entertainment purposes and to facilitate the tragic life story of MB.

afghangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: prc_fan1

Hi everyone,

I have been watching Madhubala since Day 1 and also coming to this forum since Day 1. Hardly ever made any post in this forum but today, I am compelled to.

Most of us are hoping to see RK redemption and Madhu forgiving RK after he bows down. But after watching today's episode and of course, the past few episodes, I am quite sure it is not going to happen. RK was never made to redeem himself and be the goody guy. Even though he has realised what he did with Madhubala, he will never apologize. That word is not in his dictionary. He will do what it takes to keep her by his side, like he said today. But apology... A BIG NO. He is a larger-than-life character who is very different from other heroes that we see on-screen.

The title of the show says it all "Madhubala...Ek Ishq Ek Junoon". Like many pointed out earlier, MB is the ishq, while RK is junoon. In my opinion, despite RK not apologizing, MB will always love RK and RK will always love her but never admit in a romantic way, like we see in other serials. He will show his love towards her by pointing out his 'right' towards her, like he has been doing since day 1. The same with MB. If ever she admits her love for him, it will be forcefully, like shown in the precap.

OK, many of you might want to kill me for saying this but to be honest, the fact that RK will never apologize, and MB will never forgive, yet both will continue to love each other, draws me even more towards RishBala. Some pains can never be healed, and this is one.
This is what makes their love story so complicated, so twisted.

They are not your meant-to-be-happily-ever-after couples. In fact if the CVs stick true to the characters, RK-MB can never have a happy ending. I guess that's why the synopsis talks about Madhu as someone who did not want the limelight, but was forced to. She will never be happy in her life, because of her career and RK. It's that kind of a relationship where neither can you live with that person, nor can you live without that person. It's somewhat similar to Dilip Kumar-Madhubala's love story. If whatever sources say are true, then Dilip Kumar never apologized for slapping MB on the sets of Mughal-e-Azam. They separated, but yet continued to love each other. She pined for him till her last breath, and he probably loved her despite moving on.

Sorry for the rant. I don't know what I just wrote. But to sum it up, don't expect RK to apologize, and then MB to forgive him and then a happily-ever-after RishBala. That's not going to happen, even if RK realises what he did.
Like he said, it's a "choti moti nok jhok" and obviously, I wasn't surprised.

P.S. Those who used to watch Dekha Ek Khwaab, didn't today's episode remind you of how Udayveer caught Manyata in the police station and brought her to rajmahal?

Cheers,
Samridhi   

amazing post.agree with you.but even in real life you wouldnt find "typical"love stories.
AreYaar thumbnail
Lovely post...I'm also intrigued by their story precisely cuz it's not typical...RK's realizations are not typical...he's a larger than life character as you rightly said...with lots of flaws to further make him complicated.

I quite like how the writers have sketched out this character and the story b/w him and Madhu...a tragedy does seem like the likely end but given that this is an Indian daily soap, who can even guess the END to begin with...lol

But as of now, RK is the masala that keeps this going...the day he turns into a guy with typical remorse/redemption, there won't be much else left to show...the fact that he constantly frustrates, yet entertains the audience and keeps them guessing about his next move is what's fun.
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
@afghangirl

that's true. What I meant by typical was boy-girl falling in love, and having the happily-ever-after ending with all the opposition cleared.

It's a paradox, RK & Madhu's love-story is such a fantasy, yet it is so real.
Edited by prc_fan1 - 11 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Lovely post...I'm also intrigued by their story precisely cuz it's not typical...RK's realizations are not typical...he's a larger than life character as you rightly said...with lots of flaws to further make him complicated.

I quite like how the writers have sketched out this character and the story b/w him and Madhu...a tragedy does seem like the likely end but given that this is an Indian daily soap, who can even guess the END to begin with...lol

But as of now, RK is the masala that keeps this going...the day he turns into a guy with typical remorse/redemption, there won't be much else left to show...the fact that he constantly frustrates, yet entertains the audience and keeps them guessing about his next move is what's fun.

Exactly! You nailed it, and that too, in much shorter words😃

DushtDanaf. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with your analysis of RK's character but, although a twisted tale of love, i don't necessarily believe for even a moment that RK and Madhubala won't end up together. At least not in the serial world; plus they've deviated from course many times since the show started so i don't think they'll stick to the Dilip-Kumar/Madhubala version of events.
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: DushtDanaf.

I agree with your analysis of RK's character but, although a twisted tale of love, i don't necessarily believe for even a moment that RK and Madhubala won't end up together. At least not in the serial world; plus they've deviated from course many times since the show started so i don't think they'll stick to the Dilip-Kumar/Madhubala version of events.

well let's see. I'm still hoping that the CVs would attempt to be different. And like I said if the CVs actually plan to make RK & MB stick to the way they've been created, then I see no way RK-MB will end up together. But that's provided CVs stick to the character.
For some reason, I have confidence they will. It's going to be a year to this show, and I'm amazed that the CVs have stuck to RK & MB's character. They've evolved, and not changed. Quite a rare sight in Indian TV, I must say.
syasya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Totally agree with what U said...this is not a typical love story...The facts that the  love story is so twisted n complex, that's what attract me to this show... RK is so different from all other heroes that I'd seen in other serials...never have I seen hero with so much attitude, arrogance n pride...n RK is one such character...RK amused me ...entertain me with his acting n dialogue...according to me he's not abusive...physically or emotionally...because Madhu was never a victim...how do I define a victim? for me a victim is someone who r unable to answer or fight back the abuser... well Madhu certainly dun fall under that category...she always give back as good as she get... infact I think Madhu got the upperhand in their relationship...She can make Rk dance to her tune if she know how to go about with it ..

rupa1939 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
no tragic end please.keep them together .thhis is primetime soap.