Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

RK, in a different light... (Page 5)

Red_Opium Senior Member
Red_Opium
Red_Opium

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:47pm | IP Logged

Great post Kitkataha!

RK's unpredictable and complex character is one of the main attractions of the show.  By adding Madhu - a woman with her own strong mind set- in the same equation with RK; one can only witness intense adoration, passion, and obsession.  Their relationship is just so darn amusing to watch.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sree.gattuDiahhcardio21AreYaar

armummy IF-Dazzler
armummy
armummy

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
nice post ..without rks theatrics the show becomes boring...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sree.gattu

nikhilageet IF-Dazzler
nikhilageet
nikhilageet

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

LOL awesome post...FINALLY someone GETS the characters...I thought it was a lost cause in this forum.

Especially LOVE this paragraph

Originally posted by kitkataha

I for once am so amused at Indian TV. How have they still been able to stick with their tagline despite the constant pressure from teens, housewives, yaadi yaada? LOL. They created this entertaining demon (human at times too), and they still haven't morphed his inherent traits. I've never come across such hysterical theatrics by a lead on Indian TV...RK's flairs, antics are simply amusing. 

My exact opinion too...I'm still surprised the writers have managed to conceive and execute this character so brilliantly in a field where women are used to TYPICAL so called "anti-heroes"...

And today's epi once again showed that this isn't abuse...they both fight each other tooth and nail along the way...Madhu gives it back to him in equal measure...that is their relationship which ppl fail to understand.

Anyways, this guy is a constant entertainment ki dukaan and yes the actor has really surprised me as well.
excellent postClap and bang on understanding the character. He is twisted, crazy say what you will but he is entertainment  galoreLOL. And I have never been a fan of VD but his potrayal of RK is just stupendousClap

AreYaar

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
What do you all make of this new promo? LOL. 

Edited by kitkataha - 10 April 2013 at 8:37pm
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
LOL I just saw the promo too...it's hilarious...and not really surprising...his dialogue lays it all out...he knows her heart is connected to his but her body is in flight mode so he's just ensuring she stays cuz she's not listening to her heart...all the mad things in the world somehow make sense for RK...lol

Red_Opium

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:43pm | IP Logged

PS - Any one keep track of how many times Vivian lifted Dhrashti? I lost count. LOL On top of that, she had to constantly push him away and act restless. It definitely must not have been an easy job for both of them! 

Just a random thought.

Here's another:
This scene was sheer brilliance. How Madhu leaves him and how he becomes a fish out of the water. You can see in this one moment, he NEEDS her. He has no choice. 

Haha I was feeling really bad for Vivian too...they made him lift her like SO many times...more than any other scene previously in the show...and she was squirming so much, it can't have been an easy scene to execute.

You've pointed out a very interesting bit...yes that INSTANT panic when he sees her running off...then the ANGER...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nikhilageetEvIlNeSs_RoCkZ

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:47pm | IP Logged

I've always seen similarities b/w RK and Prem-UD but off late RK has displayed a much more DISORDERED/UNSTABLE version of himself. LOL. You're right, people usually define "normalcy" as a middle class girl reforming a ruthless man by flipping her hair, wearing a red saree, and occasionally breathing heavily. That is the barrier for normalcy that the Indian TV has set for all. Clap..LOL Any story that deviates from the set standard is unsettling with the audience (which is why IMO the CVs have introduced a Gangster [who btw wears extra small when he clearly needs a large, but hey that MUST be shown to define his chiseled body] ). I've nothing personal against the dude but the parallel track of him and Madhu-bala is so predictable. I for once am glad that RK and Madhubala are shown to be two (very much) insane people in their own ways. It's a tit for tat relationship which is why it's fun. The relationship is much more than hotness or femme fatale attraction, Redemption - the term - on this forum is used in so many ways, I can't even define it. It's as if RK has to be forced to repent so that he can be seen "normally" again...but again in his own words, he's was never normal, nor he may ever be. I love the layers to this dude...whoever created him must be having way too much writing for him. Haha. 

I love how you put thatLOLLOLLOL...that is the problem with Indian TV and the audience as well...their scope can't expand beyond these typical ruthless heroes and the typical girl sudhaaroing them tracks...

The writers have actually done a brilliant job with RK's character...walking a fine line of grey/black without pushing him totally over the edge...he's a character on the edge in many ways...and watching that is the fun in this.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nikhilageetEvIlNeSs_RoCkZ

readingworms. IF-Rockerz
readingworms.
readingworms.

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Awesome post lekin zabaan samhaal ke not a word about my Abhay.humph. Tongue

Edited by Escape.My.Love. - 11 April 2013 at 5:22am

Go to top