India-Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

RK, in a different light... (Page 4)

baisakh45 Goldie
baisakh45
baisakh45

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
nice analysis.rk is bad boy.that's the truth & it's a dark lovestory & that is also true.we have to accept it enjoy.everyone here is social worker & take this extreme seriously.anyway rk is just rk & rishbala is rishbala.no comparison.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sree.gattu

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Venus-

Nicely written!

Angry young men (supposedly from childhood) who were shown in the past to be reformed within a few days of heroine's arrival was never unrealistic but an egoistic person who is still in his original avatar and yet to be reformed is called psycho and needs medical treatment! Tongue

This. Clap It baffles me too, my friend.
kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CHAKKU_DAAYAN

@Kitkataha- I have heard about UD a lot as well and that he was very evil and a grey character. But only RK has had that impact on me so far. He makes me feel disgusted with his actions but at the same time i don't know why, but i am unable to hate him because this character is utterly confused. He himself doesn't know what he wants. Moreover keeping aside moral education, Rishbala are not just star crossed boring lovers, they are entertaining as well. They are passionate and fierce. Paisa vasool couple.

You're absolutely on point when with your last bit. Kuch ho ya na ho, RK is paisa vasool. His antics leave us baffled, his behavior is so erratic ye the bandha is highly entertaining in his own odd ways. He may not be everyone's cup of tea though. *shrugs* 

Edited by kitkataha - 10 April 2013 at 4:59pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nikhilageetColdEnchantresssree.gattu

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by kitkataha

The character of RK is definitely path breaking in many ways, otherwise tv is no short of Munnas, Lallu-Panjus, and the ruthless businessmen. *yawn* The only other character AFTER RK which comes to mind is Prem-Udi. 

I think I understand why some people are tired of RK-Madhu. Let me put it this way: you will be disappointed dearly if you're trying to hunt sappy romance in this tragic story. Let me also warn you, you will fail to understand RK/Madhu if you're only looking for love between the two. Some relationships are formed due to need, due to survival. At this point, RK needs Madhu to survive...the last bit where RK is so furious at Madhu because she escaped was absolutely brilliant. She's a thread he needs to hold on to for survival. They have a very instinctual relationship. 

I'm a huge Prem/UD fan...and I do see some shades of him in RK...although RK is a much more UNHINGED version of UD...UD seems like a saint in comparison to him in some waysLOL

But there are some similar elements in the storylines...the single-minded madness/obsession.

Agree with you about RK needing Madhu to survive as of now...it's a survival instinct acting out...and just like there is nothing normal about RK himself, there is nothing normal about their relationship either...ppl looking for that kind of normality are likely to be disappointed.

RK's competition isn't with the Munnas etc. on TV...the "anti-hero" mould on Indian TV doesn't go beyond ruthless businessman with "heart of gold"...which is why a lot of the posts hating on RK have only Arnavs etc. to give as examples of "well written" characters with redemption...lol

I've always seen similarities b/w RK and Prem-UD but off late RK has displayed a much more DISORDERED/UNSTABLE version of himself. LOL. You're right, people usually define "normalcy" as a middle class girl reforming a ruthless man by flipping her hair, wearing a red saree, and occasionally breathing heavily. That is the barrier for normalcy that the Indian TV has set for all. Clap..LOL Any story that deviates from the set standard is unsettling with the audience (which is why IMO the CVs have introduced a Gangster [who btw wears extra small when he clearly needs a large, but hey that MUST be shown to define his chiseled body] ). I've nothing personal against the dude but the parallel track of him and Madhu-bala is so predictable. I for once am glad that RK and Madhubala are shown to be two (very much) insane people in their own ways. It's a tit for tat relationship which is why it's fun. The relationship is much more than hotness or femme fatale attraction, Redemption - the term - on this forum is used in so many ways, I can't even define it. It's as if RK has to be forced to repent so that he can be seen "normally" again...but again in his own words, he's was never normal, nor he may ever be. I love the layers to this dude...whoever created him must be having way too much writing for him. Haha. 

Edited by kitkataha - 10 April 2013 at 3:07pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sree.gattuAreYaar

ROG_UE Newbie
ROG_UE
ROG_UE

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
So many people are saying it's entertainment.  I know it's fiction and i still cannot accept it.  especially today, i was really suffocating with what he was doing to Madhu.  Maybe because i am a teenager and can't understand this mature love story. 

I have come to realize i can't watch this show anymore. and i just started to watch it about a month ago.  

So Alvida, Sayonara, au revoir, adios, arrivederci  

Love the actors for their acting
kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ROG_UE

So many people are saying it's entertainment.  I know it's fiction and i still cannot accept it.  especially today, i was really suffocating with what he was doing to Madhu.  Maybe because i am a teenager and can't understand this mature love story. 

I have come to realize i can't watch this show anymore. and i just started to watch it about a month ago.  

So Alvida, Sayonara, au revoir, adios, arrivederci  

Love the actors for their acting

I don't think anyone is praising RK for behaving in such a demonic way today. I agree, he was unsettling. Have you followed RK-Madhubala from the start? You will not be able to grasp the kinda relationship the two are used to unless you follow them from the very beginning. RK has always been very troubled, he has been deprived of normalcy since childhood. How do you expect someone to behave rationally when all he knows is betrayal? He's created a world for himself where he knows of no other ways other than pain and betrayal. Madhu is the only one person who he feels is his (we have family which we consider "ours", we have a gf/bf who we consider "ours"...RK never has had that...It's a Platonian concept)

Edited by kitkataha - 10 April 2013 at 3:20pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sree.gattu..NadiaZ..PiyatrixAreYaar

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
PS - Any one keep track of how many times Vivian lifted Dhrashti? I lost count. LOL On top of that, she had to constantly push him away and act restless. It definitely must not have been an easy job for both of them! 

Just a random thought.

Here's another:
This scene was sheer brilliance. How Madhu leaves him and how he becomes a fish out of the water. You can see in this one moment, he NEEDS her. He has no choice. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Red_OpiumRoshiniManeetsree.gattu..NadiaZ..susan7AreYaar

..NadiaZ.. IF-Sizzlerz
..NadiaZ..
..NadiaZ..

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
interesting analysis

Go to top