India-Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

RK, in a different light... (Page 3)

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
The character of RK is definitely path breaking in many ways, otherwise tv is no short of Munnas, Lallu-Panjus, and the ruthless businessmen. *yawn* The only other character AFTER RK which comes to mind is Prem-Udi. 

I think I understand why some people are tired of RK-Madhu. Let me put it this way: you will be disappointed dearly if you're trying to hunt sappy romance in this tragic story. Let me also warn you, you will fail to understand RK/Madhu if you're only looking for love between the two. Some relationships are formed due to need, due to survival. At this point, RK needs Madhu to survive...the last bit where RK is so furious at Madhu because she escaped was absolutely brilliant. She's a thread he needs to hold on to for survival. They have a very instinctual relationship. 

Edited by kitkataha - 10 April 2013 at 1:31pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyaRed_Opiumbaisakh45nikhilageetNeutral_Monasree.gattuAreYaar

-Venus- Senior Member
-Venus-
-Venus-

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Nicely written!
This serial and characters are unlike many other which lose their grip,original plot after a few months! Title and story don't even match many a times.
Angry young men (supposedly from childhood) who were shown in the past to be reformed within a few days of heroine's arrival was never unrealistic but an egoistic person who is still in his original avatar and yet to be reformed is called psycho and needs medical treatment! Tongue
Some dialogues of his may be over board but he himself doesn't know what's happening to him! Redemption is not something that happens over night..it is a process..
And both RK and Madhu are being equally affected by each other..Dips herself asked madhu about what she has done..She need not do anything actually..This shows who is more affected by whom Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyabaisakh45kitkatahasree.gattu

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
@Kitkataha- I have heard about UD a lot as well and that he was very evil and a grey character. But only RK has had that impact on me so far. He makes me feel disgusted with his actions but at the same time i don't know why, but i am unable to hate him because this character is utterly confused. He himself doesn't know what he wants. Moreover keeping aside moral education, Rishbala are not just star crossed boring lovers, they are entertaining as well. They are passionate and fierce. Paisa vasool couple.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyabaisakh45..PlayfulKiss..Neutral_Monanikhilageetkitkatahasree.gattu

ColdEnchantress IF-Rockerz
ColdEnchantress
ColdEnchantress

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Your post is freaking amazing.. Loved the way u analysed everythng.. Some MATURE ppl need to read this analysis! RK is for sure a twisted character but thats what makes him RK.. The most unique character Indian TV ever had..!
Err.. Coming to the Gangster part.. NO COMMENTS..!!!
The precap is much awaiting.. Can't wait for tomorrow..!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyakitkatahasree.gattu

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kitkataha

The character of RK is definitely path breaking in many ways, otherwise tv is no short of Munnas, Lallu-Panjus, and the ruthless businessmen. *yawn* The only other character AFTER RK which comes to mind is Prem-Udi. 

I think I understand why some people are tired of RK-Madhu. Let me put it this way: you will be disappointed dearly if you're trying to hunt sappy romance in this tragic story. Let me also warn you, you will fail to understand RK/Madhu if you're only looking for love between the two. Some relationships are formed due to need, due to survival. At this point, RK needs Madhu to survive...the last bit where RK is so furious at Madhu because she escaped was absolutely brilliant. She's a thread he needs to hold on to for survival. They have a very instinctual relationship. 

I'm a huge Prem/UD fan...and I do see some shades of him in RK...although RK is a much more UNHINGED version of UD...UD seems like a saint in comparison to him in some waysLOL

But there are some similar elements in the storylines...the single-minded madness/obsession.

Agree with you about RK needing Madhu to survive as of now...it's a survival instinct acting out...and just like there is nothing normal about RK himself, there is nothing normal about their relationship either...ppl looking for that kind of normality are likely to be disappointed.

RK's competition isn't with the Munnas etc. on TV...the "anti-hero" mould on Indian TV doesn't go beyond ruthless businessman with "heart of gold"...which is why a lot of the posts hating on RK have only Arnavs etc. to give as examples of "well written" characters with redemption...lol

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyaRed_Opiumbaisakh45kitkatahasree.gattu

EvIlNeSs_RoCkZ IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

syasya..PlayfulKiss..ColdEnchantresssree.gattu

JOHNdaCENA IF-Dazzler
JOHNdaCENA
JOHNdaCENA

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Yap he is da same vampire bt trust me ppl applause when he sucks blood then nd now.
pnars Senior Member
pnars
pnars

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Love your take...

Edited by pnars - 10 April 2013 at 2:43pm

Go to top