India-Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

RK, in a different light...

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
What the fcuk. I just finished the episode, and is this the same wannabee bloodsucking vampire I had once accidentally seen on a C grade channel? Be silent my beating heart. The episode was no short of brilliance, and lets be honest, has there ever been a case where we have seen such a twisted and deviant Protagonist (Antagonist, for manyLOL)? Prey, please tell me how it's abuse when in today's epi Madhu fought back shoulder to shoulder with the man whose sanity is very much questionable. Cmon, the dialogue "kuch tum shikar karo, kuch hum tumhara shikar kare" hints they both stand at par. RK knows of no way other than Madhu-way. He needs her to be partly sane (or insane), he needs her to be himself, he needs her because she knows what he should want (ala, the drunk episode a few wks ago hinted this clearly). RK in his own words is not "normal", he never was. Why do we always want a bad boy (preferably a bad boy who is a businessman) to be reformed by a seedhi - saadhi abla naari heroine? Confused Hum aurton ka yahi kaam reh gaya hai...chalte phirte insaano ko reform karte phire? LOL RK is a pscyho (on a rampageEvil Smile) and he needs Madhu ---- emphasis on Madhu. She is the only entity that can calm him, that can give a meaning to his existence. When all else is fickle in his life, she there stands with meaning for him. 

I for once am so amused at Indian TV. How have they still been able to stick with their tagline despite the constant pressure from teens, housewives, yaadi yaada? LOL. They created this entertaining demon (human at times too), and they still haven't morphed his inherent traits. I've never come across such hysterical theatrics by a lead on Indian TV...RK's flairs, antics are simply amusing. 

FF'ed the Sultan bit. Nothing personal against the character or the actor...but I guess what the makers are doing is they are offering him as an antithesis to Madhu's and RK's story. A Gangster with a heart of gold, who is softened by Madhu.Sleepy How can I possibly watch that when on the other end there's RK who is all that plus infinite times more entertaining? Not fair CVs. 

Precap: Looked like emotional abuse from RK's end, but I still feel that Madhu will live up to her SHERNI (meow) tag. She will give him that much more abuse back, on her own terms. The power play between the two is interesting. 

-------

Since no topic is complete without pics, here are gifs from the creation Gal which sums up the episode. 

Edited by kitkataha - 10 April 2013 at 5:51pm

The following 42 member(s) liked the above post:

vivi112pookie2SeresasyasyaprernadepnarsdramagoSumaiya27berry12345Prarthna.B-Venus-Red_OpiumWahyas..PlayfulKiss..tashug9berrysweetRoshiniManeetsuniksbaisakh45nikhilageetJOHNdaCENALSPDriver123Neutral_MonaDiahhdesaitsaijahnavi0-SD-0ColdEnchantressAnanya05readingworms.DushtDanaf.PurpleHorizonanitarani..NadiaZ..PiyatrixLooteri_Dulhansusan7ayaazukideewani_Tangled_BefikreAreYaar

Piyatrix IF-Sizzlerz
Piyatrix
Piyatrix

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
brilliant analysis Clap not a fan of either lead, never seen their hit shows before but maan, do I love them now , as actors and the conviction with which they are playing out their roles esp RK , the CVs are bold enough not to bring in the redemption track, cos that will kill the character ...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyarupa19390-SD-0anitarani

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Piyatrix

brilliant analysis Clap not a fan of either lead, never seen their hit shows before but maan, do I love them now , as actors and the conviction with which they are playing out their roles esp RK , the CVs are bold enough not to bring in the redemption track, cos that will kill the character ...

Thanks Piya! Ditto on the redemption bit. RK does not need to repent due to an external force, he needs to repent on his own terms. Also, redemption does not necessarily mean he needs to become a bheegi billi. He needs to reflect on his own terms...and I think he is doing that currently. Madhu advised him when they both were drunk to listen to his own heart. He's doing that all right. Haha. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyaRed_Opiumrupa19390-SD-0saijahnavisree.gattuPiyatrixayaazukideewaniAreYaar

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Oh My God do not tell me I wrote all that for ten minutes straight, and there's no one on the forum to discuss this side of RK?ShockedLOL Note to self: this is what you get for wasting time, when you shouldn't be wasting time. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

syasya

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Awesome post. I so so agree with you. It is RK's twisted character which brings entertainment in this show. I don't even get what APPEAL do people find in bhai? Isn't he the carbon copy of our so called rude businessman turned lover boys? And moreover, he does nothing but blush like teenage girls blah!

RK on the other hand lives up to his character. He's an actor, so he does everything dramatically and with style. He hasn't let go off his basic traits which make him so much more intriguing.

Edited by CHAKKU_DAAYAN - 11 April 2013 at 6:49am

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

vivi112syasyaRed_Opiumberry12345psk08rupa1939..PlayfulKiss..nikhilageetkitkataha0-SD-0sree.gattususan7ayaazukideewaniLaters.BabyEvIlNeSs_RoCkZ

desait IF-Rockerz
desait
desait

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Fantastic analysis.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sree.gattukitkatahaayaazukideewani

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Don't you worry about comments. This forum makes an excellent audience for RK bashing posts and is brilliant in giving moral lectures. When some sane members will read your post, they'll surely comment.

Edited by CHAKKU_DAAYAN - 11 April 2013 at 6:49am

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

vivi112berry12345rupa1939pnarsSumaiya27..PlayfulKiss..baisakh45nikhilageetNeutral_Mona0-SD-0kitkatahasree.gattuanitaranisusan7ayaazukideewani

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
LOL awesome post...FINALLY someone GETS the characters...I thought it was a lost cause in this forum.

Especially LOVE this paragraph

Originally posted by kitkataha

I for once am so amused at Indian TV. How have they still been able to stick with their tagline despite the constant pressure from teens, housewives, yaadi yaada? LOL. They created this entertaining demon (human at times too), and they still haven't morphed his inherent traits. I've never come across such hysterical theatrics by a lead on Indian TV...RK's flairs, antics are simply amusing. 

My exact opinion too...I'm still surprised the writers have managed to conceive and execute this character so brilliantly in a field where women are used to TYPICAL so called "anti-heroes"...

And today's epi once again showed that this isn't abuse...they both fight each other tooth and nail along the way...Madhu gives it back to him in equal measure...that is their relationship which ppl fail to understand.

Anyways, this guy is a constant entertainment ki dukaan and yes the actor has really surprised me as well.

Edited by AreYaar - 10 April 2013 at 1:00pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Red_Opiumrupa1939Neutral_Monanikhilageet0-SD-0kitkatahasree.gattuanitarani

Go to top