Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Crookers#9~Sirf Dekhne Ka Nahi~ (IO) (Page 41)

neha-rockss IF-Stunnerz
neha-rockss
neha-rockss

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged
I cant believe this fans have been calling Farhaan as PhusPhus

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

My KhanKhan was better you see :P

neha-rockss IF-Stunnerz
neha-rockss
neha-rockss

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Anybody who watched Ek Thi Daayan lemme know your views :D
neha-rockss IF-Stunnerz
neha-rockss
neha-rockss

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 3:20am | IP Logged

Electrical Engineering grad Viraf Phiroz Patel has sailed seven seas to become a TV star

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare via email

Born & raised in a Parsi Zoroastrain family in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Completed 5 years of sailing in the merchant navy, then won the pageant 'Grasim Mr. India 2005'. A blend of print, ramp, TVC modelling, music videos & TV anchoring followed, noted for being face of Pantaloon & Limca 2010. Played lead in the cult show 'Mahi Way' by Yashraj Films TV, for Sony Entertainment. Cast by Yashraj in its most ambitious TV series 'Kismat', an adaptation of Kane and Abel. Also acting in 'Bombay Talkies', an English play, stalwart Vikram Kapadia's latest contribution to the English theatre scene.

Tell us a little about your memories of school and university.

They are mostly filled with visuals of running around, playing on the sports field…. The gossip during recesses about films, UFOs in space, girls, music …plotting pranks during the tiffin sharing sessions….wishing the teachers passing by while being punished outside the class… having a crush on my choir teacher … making excuses for being late to the morning prayer assembly….scripting and directing the senior's farewell skit … wearing my brothers oversized blazer to my own farewell … pre examination trauma .. post result stress .. Queuing up for just about everything

Where did you go university and what did you study?

Interestingly my university like education happened to me whilst completing my 36 months of sailing time as a cadet in the Merchant Navy. I was 19 when I decided to quit studying Electrical Engineering in lure of a more lucrative salary on ship. This is where I came across various cultures, cuisines, camaraderie ….By the end of my time as a cadet I was 24 and already designing my retirement plan from the Merchant Navy, possibly because I wanted to do something less monotonous and closer to my aptitude.

In terms of education, what do you think you could have done differently to help your career?

Going by wishful thinking had I known I was going to be in a field of performing arts I would like to have trained to danced like Michael Jackson,to do action stunts like Jackie Chan or act like Marlon Brando. But on a more sincere retrospective note .. Nothing – I consider myself fairly fortunate to be where I am.

How has your education helped you in your career?

Immensely. While striving to do better is always an unquestionable process, I cannot deny that all that I bring to the table as an actor is not just a result of my strengths but also my weaknesses and voids … which is a result of all the education, experiences I ve had thus far .. be it school … college … or the sailing in the merchant navy .. or while DJing as a teenager .. or where I grew up as a child.

What do you think of the Indian school system? (In terms of work ethic, quality of teaching/curriculum etc.)

It is what it is because of the ideologies of our cultural belief systems, our colonial influence, and the inertia we represent as a huge population. I believe, as a people, we are sitting on the biggest resource in the world – human beings. I love to imagine what a super power an educated, aware and professionally potent population can do and offer not just to its country but the world.

What do you think of Indian higher education? (In terms of work ethic, quality of teaching/curriculum etc.)

It sure has many cultural strengths and offerings which are integral of a fine education as well I believe. But Keeping academic material up to date and improving teaching standards can ensure that the talent coming out of that education system will be really cutting edge and ready to rub shoulders with its equals from any university in the world.

I am also very hopeful about the change that will come in. It is because I see individuals like my elder brother Minocher Patel, an educationalist and a motivational speaker, who professes the importance of listening to the heart and being honest to oneself, either to room full of students or a bunch of CEOs everyday. Then there is my prolific and revered Prof. H. D. Moogat, my 12th grade math tutor, whose last session is always about confessing to his students that what is actually going to take them the distance in life is not the math he taught, or the marks we sought, but the Emotional Intelligence we garner… and then fortunately in this country there are socially impactful and responsible film makers like Raju Hirani whose last film '3 Idiots' was about why should one chase excellence and not success.

These individuals are the ones who will influence the people and eventually policy makers to transform the Indian school system from an examination system to an education system.

Do you think India has too many engineering and MBA students?

Yes! India has too many of everything… and very little of world-class in any field. Perhaps we at a very young age start building tolerance to mediocrity. Its only when this tolerance to mediocrity is let go off shall we see a change I suppose. Thankfully the education administration of the country is clamping down the issuing of licenses to new institutes in lieu of the mushrooming mediocre institutes. While the forces of commerce are necessary for the growth of any sector, education being no exception to that, I feel this growth needs some stronger guidance from the administration.

How could the Indian education system be improved?

I believe it lags on 2 major fronts. Firstly, lot of the technical higher education syllabus is outdated and obsolete. The system lacks a mechanism wherein academic material, resources are consistently kept contemporary and state of the art, by observing current and relevant industry or trade practices and technologies. Secondly, the teaching talent that dishes out this academic content to impressionable students, could be more well-trained and motivated to make a difference. I really wish someday teaching will be considered to be amongst the most well-paying professions in India… only because I read somewhere, teachers make a nation … and I think it is so true.

What are your experiences of education overseas?

None besides the experiences I had at sea while sailing as a cadet under seniors of various nationalities and training backgrounds.

What role do you think foreign universities could play?

Raising the bar for existing local institutes/universities by bringing into the country the superior and more evolved teaching standards, practices, know how and technology. A healthy competition has always known to have promoted quality, so be it in education. It would gradually build a pressure on the institutes that are not as up to date to up the ante as well.

What are your favourite books about India?

Khushwant Singh's joke book – if you can understand the pun in there, you can understand the fun in Indian culture.

What are your favourite films about India?

What is your favourite Indian song or piece of music?

Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia's flute rendition of 'Om Jai Jagdish' – its called Prem.

If you could live anywhere in India where would it be and why?

There are a bunch of places I would like to own a house in besides Mumbai .. Leh, Srinagar, Kerala backwaters, Coorg, Cunoor, Goa … gee I am greedy.

neha-rockss IF-Stunnerz
neha-rockss
neha-rockss

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:07am | IP Logged
 Just rememberd another news I read in BT ..

Huma Qureshi and Anurag Kashyap have a THING Ermm
neha-rockss IF-Stunnerz
neha-rockss
neha-rockss

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:15am | IP Logged
 The most ewww songs I have been hearing these days

Laila song from Shootout at Wadala

wats with ...

O Laila teri le legi..
Tu likh ke le le   ROFL
neha-rockss IF-Stunnerz
neha-rockss
neha-rockss

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:26am | IP Logged
 Bombay Talkies first look is too good !!

Hope it can keep up with the hype :D
neha-rockss IF-Stunnerz
neha-rockss
neha-rockss

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:27am | IP Logged
neha-rockss IF-Stunnerz
neha-rockss
neha-rockss

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:28am | IP Logged
 Ejaz Khan doing JDJ ; Sanaya opts Out Shweta Tiwari may do it :S

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ankletiya