Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Uh-oh! Farha what happened to your son? OK now?
honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

πŸ‘

I love his replies here!!! let's wait for the 'great interpreters' to perform a autopsy of this interview now
and find out what was really in Sobti's mind

I would too this time choose to see reactions and interpretations -- delusions, conspiracies and fact theorems that will come as part of analysis !!!

As far as I see, this is no lame tabloid article -- and the answers are pretty heavy-weight -- and straightforward !!!

EnVee thumbnail
Originally posted by: indi52

hi farha,

glad to hear your son is better. cricket bat? hmm the subcontinent effect. πŸ˜†

read your thoughts on barun and sanaya as individuals vis a vis interviews. tend to agree.

now i shall go on and on about barun a bit. okay?

when it comes to interviews, i find barun's lack of fudge, his utter non preachy feel, his many uuh uuh uuh, hi matla ki and ki, his never really saying smarmy things because people want to hear them or it's polite to do so, to be very interesting. in a sense, i find him to be very post pr really, which is perfect, because our ears are too used to the imagey things that image guys tell you to do, and somehow we pick the phoney in an instant.

i feel the guy is real. and when he speaks of other actors or writers or people he works with, i sense respect for a professional, and an eye for pretty faces (so cute, he said both shehnaz and sanaya are pretty parsi girls, i forgot to go on women's lib morcha, and i so wish some female lead of his would refer to him as a gorgeous babe. πŸ˜†).

a confession. in every barun interview, i look for a cringe making moment, if it's there, i am relieved, it is him and he has again said something that no one will because it's probably not "right" to do so, but he has anyway, with the most beguiling innocence. and hit the spot in me that says, yes. i was like, oh no, don't say thank g there's no singing and dancing in 22 yards, you are an upcoming actor, you can't say you're not into mainstream hero stuff etc., etc., etc., when suddenly my other me jumped up and said, why not? let him say what he feels. this is the man, this is his pov, and this is why i care a hang. so ...

about sanaya, she is a great girl i am sure, and she can say whatever she feels is right. but i don't feel the connection. that's all.

i think your real pr is inside you. either you have regard for people and treat them as people, just like yourself, or you see them as a mass to be manipulated in some way, not necessarily negative, but managed. what i have always liked about barun is that he belongs to the former kind. he tells me nothing to please me or manage me. he says it as it is, or at least as he sees it. i connect to that, hope it uhh uhh uhh never changes.

um i said i agreed with you but i ended up saying i don't think too much pr is a good idea, i am all over the place, but you know me, you'll understand exactly what i mean.

InDi di. I like what you say about the babe Baba! Teehee! πŸ˜›

I guess that is what holds us to Barun. Some warmth in him that makes him very much like one of us among a gang of chuddy buddies saying all things politically incorrect too. Sanaya is a bit more prim I feel. But I like her and have not heard too many of her interviews so cant say more.

Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: EnVee

Uh-oh! Farha what happened to your son? OK now?

Fever .. due to weather change I think. Better .. but I guess he would suffer a day more or two.
EnVee thumbnail
Originally posted by: Omoraboti

Fever .. due to weather change I think. Better .. but I guess he would suffer a day more or two.

Hmm... kids grow cranky no? Hope he gets better soon.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: honeypriya

I am a very simple guy: Barun Sobti

The Indian TV actor is coming to Dubai on Saturday

• By Manjari Saxena, Deputy Editor The weekend tabloid!
  • Published: 13:40 April 17, 2013

• Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services7

This Saturday, Barun Sobti, a popular star from the Indian TV industry, will take the stage for the first time in the role of the narrator of the play Do Fool Char Maali, at Shaikh Rashid Auditorium, The Indian High School Dubai.

Sobti, who gained popularity as Arnav Singh Raizada of Star Plus' hit show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND), however, feels the stage is not the place for him.

"Not once in my life have I done theatre. Being on stage is not my thing," said the 28-year-old actor. "This show happened when we were shooting for IPKKND. It was Akshay's [Dogra] idea actually and Utkarshaji's [Naik, Sobti's co-stars in the serial]. They started talking about it and everyone there made a commitment. And, because I was there, I committed too".

Today, Sobti is moving on to bigger and better things ' the 70mm kinds. Though his first movie as a lead, Main Aur Mr Right, which was slated for release at the end of the month, has been postponed for a July release, he is already working on the second, 22 Yards. However, the actor feels there's no difference working on television or on the big screen.

"For me the only difference is I get to be home a lot more. With TV I had to work everyday. Now, I'm not enormously busy, and have been picking and choosing whatever I'm doing. As an actor, I think the experience and the portrayal of the character is exactly the same. It doesn't make any difference what camera is capturing it. You have to do it with the same passion".

When in Dubai, Sobti will also be paying a surprise visit to a Pehla subscriber. His popularity can easily be gauged from the way his fans reacted when he announced his departure from IPKKND, which actually led to the ending of the show. Despite controversial reports of fans threatening self immolation and subsequent statements from the channel, producers and the actors of the show, Sobti maintains the only reason he wanted to leave was his health.

"I am a very simple guy. Of course popularity matters a lot but for me my health and family come first," explains Sobti. "I had been spending a lot of time working and needed to spend some time at home and take care of my health. That's the only reason why I left the show despite it being so popular."

Or could it be the alleged roaring off-screen chemistry he shared with his co-star Sanaya Irani? Or was that a publicity stunt on the part of the show's producers?

"One cannot forget that showbusiness also deals with humans. Everything is not so superficial that this is rigged or planned. Sometimes people do fall in love with each other because they spend a lot of time on the sets so much so the set becomes your first home and your actual home becomes your second home. But I don't disagree, though it hasn't happened to me [producers using on screen chemistry as a publicity stunt] people may do this for publicity also.

"See what happens ' and I know I've been saying it in all my interviews so I'd probably be boring my viewers now ' is you lose perspective if you're working so hard every day. You can't think straight, you can't do new things. Basically the monotony hit me. That's it".

Sobti, who has played both negative and positive roles on television, finds the villain attractive.

"A role being meaty depends on how it's written. Playing a villain in Dill Mill Gayye, I learned you can do whatever you want and the director's more than happy to accommodate. But with the hero's or the positive role come a lot of limitations. The hero won't behave like this; the hero won't sneeze like that ' stuff of that sort. In our industry the men or boy actors have to be 'hero-types', if you know what I mean. They can't be human beings. Where I am in life right now I just want to do good scripts and roles".

thanks, priya,

and gandhari, i totally agree with your bolds. πŸ˜†

totally love this new young actor's take on negative character in dil mil gaye, i watch episodes at times. if you ask me, he can be a scary chilling horror boy abs perfectly. that understated outwardly, but intensely experienced inwardly thing in his acting, i am phangurrling, but i think that can be taken into any character and done perfectly. if he should ever decide to sing and dance, i have no doubt he will redefine taht too. loved his insight into "hero" do's and don'ts. when we all grow up, maybe we'll accept there are only strong characters and week characters, and not really all good and all bad ones.

sorry ladies, today in super phangurl-one-second-mom-next mode vis a vis the boy. too much lane changing, me giddy.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Omoraboti

LOL .. I would rather read your comments. I have stopped reading interpretations. πŸ˜†

By the way .. the only new thing I got from the interview & already dreaming .. Baba doing a negative role in big screen. I will love to "pretend" to hate him.

πŸ˜³πŸ˜† I don't eiither ever since the dorctor diagnosed hypertension in me...if they  knew the reasonπŸ˜‰...but to tell you the truth I used to enjoy mocking them a lot..on their face🀣

he always talks how he'd like to play something like Saif's role in Omkara or Aamir's in Ghulam...this guy loves playing dark roles...no wonder he played ASR so well...I always liked layered negative characters (AB's antihero in Deewar, SRK in Baazigar and Darr are my favorite) more than chocolate heroes...so I'm like PLEASE!!!

Omoraboti thumbnail
Originally posted by: indi52

hi farha,

glad to hear your son is better. cricket bat? hmm the subcontinent effect. πŸ˜†

read your thoughts on barun and sanaya as individuals vis a vis interviews. tend to agree.

now i shall go on and on about barun a bit. okay?

when it comes to interviews, i find barun's lack of fudge, his utter non preachy feel, his many uuh uuh uuh, hi matla ki and ki, his never really saying smarmy things because people want to hear them or it's polite to do so, to be very interesting. in a sense, i find him to be very post pr really, which is perfect, because our ears are too used to the imagey things that image guys tell you to do, and somehow we pick the phoney in an instant.

i feel the guy is real. and when he speaks of other actors or writers or people he works with, i sense respect for a professional, and an eye for pretty faces (so cute, he said both shehnaz and sanaya are pretty parsi girls, i forgot to go on women's lib morcha, and i so wish some female lead of his would refer to him as a gorgeous babe. πŸ˜†).

a confession. in every barun interview, i look for a cringe making moment, if it's there, i am relieved, it is him and he has again said something that no one will because it's probably not "right" to do so, but he has anyway, with the most beguiling innocence. and hit the spot in me that says, yes. i was like, oh no, don't say thank g there's no singing and dancing in 22 yards, you are an upcoming actor, you can't say you're not into mainstream hero stuff etc., etc., etc., when suddenly my other me jumped up and said, why not? let him say what he feels. this is the man, this is his pov, and this is why i care a hang. so ...

about sanaya, she is a great girl i am sure, and she can say whatever she feels is right. but i don't feel the connection. that's all.

i think your real pr is inside you. either you have regard for people and treat them as people, just like yourself, or you see them as a mass to be manipulated in some way, not necessarily negative, but managed. what i have always liked about barun is that he belongs to the former kind. he tells me nothing to please me or manage me. he says it as it is, or at least as he sees it. i connect to that, hope it uhh uhh uhh never changes.

um i said i agreed with you but i ended up saying i don't think too much pr is a good idea, i am all over the place, but you know me, you'll understand exactly what i mean.

I completely agree with how you have disagreed with the need for PR. πŸ˜†

@bold & blue: πŸ€—

When I said Sanz needs better PR, I did not mean she needs a better PR manager. 😊 She herself can do much better. 
Omoraboti thumbnail
Originally posted by: EnVee

Hmm... kids grow cranky no? Hope he gets better soon.

Reyham is cranky only when the channel is changed .. good for him that IPK has ended. πŸ˜› Now only he & his dad fights over the remote.

Else he is a good boy. Has never cried till date during vaccination.

Thanks for the wishes. 😊
zonera1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Farha I hope your son gets better soon!If u need instant consultation then I am at your service.
Just keep his fever down by making him drink fluids,bath and he will be better soon!