Pavitra Rishta

Ovi is too much DT note pg19 (Page 8)

pari87 Goldie
pari87
pari87

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

I have a question: what is the definition of Dhokha? Big smile

To me (and according to dictionary), Dhokha happens when a person harms another without their knowledge or consent.

In this regard, how is Ovi's deal a Dhokha. She gave a fair and square deal to Purvi. Nothing was underhand about it...it was a fair exchange of commodity. And Purvi accepted that deal. No, Dhokha at all, in my dictionary...

Now, for Arjun...He wasn't aware of the deal at the time of marriage. Purvi forced him emotionally to marry. Purvi didn't tell him, that he was being bartered. So Purvi gave him Dhokha by not letting him know the true reason why he was forced into marriage. He was also given Dhokha by Ovi, for he didn't know that she proposed that deal at the time of marriage. So, yes, both women just lead him on. Now, sadly, as the story unfolds, he does come to know that he was bartered on his wedding night for he overhears the conversation...so, now he comes to know his Dhokha, but he still continues with his faade of marriage... so, now when his himself accepting the fcat that he was what was exchanged...then there isn't a question of Dhokha after the first night. If he felt so strongly about being used, he of course could have started a Divorce proceedings, which he didn't. Also, to be noted, he could have even refuse to marry Ovi - he wasn't drugged or had a gun. He had option to walk away, by not marrying and then if he was so emotionally traumatized, by that divorce option that is available in unhappy marriages..Point also to note here, Arjun didn't marry Ovi because of the deal, but because Purvi emotionally backmailed him to marry Ovi...so, which is greater Dhokha, I leave up to you all to decideUnhappy

Now for Ovi' s Dhokah ' well, she was duped and both Arjun and Purvi were the Dhokebaz. First of all Ovi is lead on to believe that Arjun will marry her and then lefy standing cold unceremoniously - big Dhokha in Indian Dictionary. 

Secondly, she was duped because Purvi always claimed that she was behind her in the pregnancy timelines. Now, since Pari is Arjun and Purvi's daughter, well it goes without saying that Arjun and Purvi must have had sex after Arjun and Ovi consummated, logically. So, Dhokha at that front too, right? Big smile
Thirdly now if the doctors figure out the true age of Purvi, then Arjun and Purvi did have sex right before the marriage, there is no way medically to prove that sex happened before the deal- sad, but true. The window of pregnancy varies around 2 weeks, so Ovi can very well feel that ARjun, her hubby slept with his Saali after marriage. So, here is Dhokha again from her POV and this time again as an extramarital affair.

And fourthly and much much more importantly was the Dhokha that Purvi and Onir gave her by exchanging the babies and acting God.

So, by simple logic the Dhokha quotient for Ovi is greater than that of Arjun and Purvi, simply because once married, Arjun should have had his honor right and either have walked out of the marriage or tell Ovi, his and Arjun's true relationship status...

BTw, I have condemned Onir every time I talked about him, for he betrayed the very profession he worshipped and more importantly said he betrayed patient 'doctor confidentiality and should lose his license. But, more important many many member also share my opinion about Onir ' so this assumption that Onir is given a clean slate is baseless'

Kalapi dear you are a star! Star oved this post 1000 times over! I could never have explained it so well, considerin my impulsive self seething in anger goes round the bush with my post! :P

Thank you for this post and the earlier one pointing out the false assumption of me name calling people! Since everyone spends so much time reporting KC, if they actually bothered to read what we write, they would know what being objective is. Nne of us has ever wanted Purvis death, baby's death or OnirArjun's death for punishment basis. We have pulled up Ovi for her deal, her drinking, her earlier tantrums too. We know when and where to put the blame. Sadly, that part is never read and even understood. LOL. 

THis post was everything that I would have wanted to say. Nothing more to add. You explained the dhokha part really well! 

Thanks homie :) ClapHug

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Not_a_fanparis.hiltonKalapics-07HillyloveFireLordPhoenix.Senorita.koolsadhu1000Dabulls23

Not_a_fan Senior Member
Not_a_fan
Not_a_fan

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Originally posted by rayadallie

Everyone must sympathize with ovi for loosing her child despite her own negligence but no one should sympathize with the mother who decide against abortion and kept her child out of wedlock and give it away to the mother who lost her child so that she could be happy and not be devastated. talk about society and discrimination.

Bravo!!! Well said!

Oh gosh! Can we please look at the character progression when we talk. Nobody's denying that Ovi drank during pregnancy or that she made that dratted deal, or that they were both very, very wrong. But Ovi didn't lost the child because of her negligence, the baby was well and healthy before the accident. And Ovi knew that she had neglected the baby due to her own issues, and acknowledged that to purvi and onir, and apologized to arjun. In fact, the reason she wanted to go to the temple that fateful night was to thank Bappa for keeping her baby safe through all of that, and giving her a chance to experience motherhood. If she had known then that her baby had died in the accident, she would have probably blamed herself that she initially didn't want the baby so Bappa took him/her away from her when she'd started loving the child. Or she may have blamed arjun or onir or purvi or some random person, how does it matter? Ovi should have known the truth and should have been allowed to deal with it in her own way. This time she had the support of her aai and rest of her family who were all on her side unlike the wedding which divided the family.

Even if Ovi had then begged purvi on bended knee for Pari, purvi should not have given her up. Just contributing to the genetic pool does not make one a mother, the real part comes once the baby is born. That purvi kept the baby instead of aborting and loved her from the start is moot point because she gave her up as soon as she was born. If Ovi had begged her or she decided that Ovi needed pari more than her and she wanted to give up pari; she should have offered her openly and legally for adoption,and then be content with being pari's maasi. Her character has steadily gone downhill, whereas Ovi's has steadily gone uphill. She has done mistakes, she has learnt from them and repented for them. She has grown as a person, whereas purvi and arjun have become liars/cheats/wimps from strong characters who constantly keep making mistakes after mistakes. 

Why play God when you're mere human? How can she decide and take control of anyone else's life? Why should Ovi not be allowed to mourn her baby and decide for herself if she wanted to adopt pari or some other baby? Her first responsibility as a mother is to her baby alone, everyone else should come after. She had and has no right to decide what will make someone happy and when; people are not puppets that she can pull their strings whenever and however she wants even if she wants their "bhalaai". Her double-standards, her hypocrisy, her sab-ki-bhalaai nonsense sicken me to the core. If these are actions done with good intentions, I intend not to have good intentions for anyone nor let anyone with good intentions anywhere near me. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

paris.hiltonpari87Kalapics-07HillyloveTiyaliFireLordPhoenixkoolsadhu1000.Senorita.Dabulls23

pari87 Goldie
pari87
pari87

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hillydee

Pardon me no offence intended but:

Arjun did not love Ovi from day one, but since when love is a criteria only for Indian Marriages?
I have obviously walked into an American/Canadian/Western Thinking Side of the world forum, no Indians here at all?

It matters not who Arjun loves, a marriage was fixed written in Gold, if Arjun wanted to back out, he should have had a family meeting for both sides and discuss like a boy from a decent home. That did not happen.  Purvi was no more decent, as she sat and waited for the sentencing of Ovi by Arjun.  Fine she fell in love when she did not know he was engaged, but when she found out, she should have done the right thing. What made her think Arjun was a decent boy, when he was willing to frolic with her while he was engaged.
This is not about who loves who, it is about common decency, and having a duty of care for another human being.  Arjun did not have it, and neither did Purvi.
If anyone should get karma, it should be Arjun and Purvi, and yet I would never ever in a million years have wished for their child out of wedlock to die. Or wish death upon either of them.

A lot of times, we as humans get emotional and say things from the tongue, but we should fear how powerful it can be, and one day you are left thinking about what you wished for Ovi, even though fictional.

Hilly love, brilliant post..Kudos to you to for laying it out as it is. 

In reality, if there was an engagement and marriage agreed upon by 2 families, ( irrespective of love cuz arranged marriages are decided and then assumed love would happen most times), the boy then comes to a different country and falls in love with another girl. That is looked upon as an indecent and characterless boy. It is simple and I wonder who on this forum would disagree with this being indian and having grown up in an indian mindset of marriages. 

Breaking an engagement that you committed to yourself is not considered kosher at all. But chalo, in the beginning I gave it to him because he was a nice boy and I said give benefit of doubt. Theek hai, my bad, then Purvi who realizes he was prior engaged to her step sister, ( who she need not care about sisterly but because she loved her mother so much, you would expect to put a thought aside about how wrong it is for her to get engaged to ex fiance of her mom's other daughter) IT is simply disgusting. She should have stayed away frm Arjun if she loved her mom so much enough to give him up anyway. But she was busy enjoying shirt da button in the rain, while mom was struggling with hatred from her family for this and ovi was committin suicide. That time, it did not bother her that her mom was gonna get divorced. Such girls are called shameless in society. But she is so pretty and that tantalizing chemistry, ufff...how can you deride her for it? So the arguments I see for this are very lame but I realize I was on that bandwagon too at that point, so I cannot say much. Now when I see it, i find it utmost shamelessness that Arjun-Purvi did. Arjun should have stayed away from both girls as both girls should have stayed away from him. Since purvi cared so much for Archana's so called happiness, but of course when you have a man serenading you with such songs and that sensational physical chemistry how can you keep off na? BS.

Ovi's deal was no kosher at all. Whatever reasoning or call it desperation, you do nt trade love and happiness by asking for it as barter. That is simply not done. Which is why the one month that she moaned about her marriage, I coud not feel sympathy cuz she did know what she was getting into.He was a borrowed guy. Yes it was Purvi who had stolen him in the first place, but then Ovi should not have fought this fight. She should have realized just like Purvi should have, that when a man could not keep his comittment to her what guarantee he will with Purvi or leave her fro any other girl later als. Such a man cannot be trusted. It is a different thing that the physical sex brough such palpitations in this tycoon he became bhakt and puppet and resolved to spend his entire life with a do collar manned by goddess purvi aroud him. So Ovi should have simply let the shameless duo be instead of making a deal. So one month I felt no sympathy and simply waited for either to divorce and move on. THat did nt happen. But at the party, OVi publicly declared the status of their marriage and was very ready to move on. But that is when Purvi to save the blame from her head for being a house breaker aurat, she told Arjun please move on and consummate with your wife. Arjun as the palpitations came back to him, obviously went with what devi said. 

THat is when tables turned around and Ovi became the victim. She did not ask purvi for consummation. She did nt beg arjun for it either. Instead she told him, I am ready to move on I cannot take it anymore. He came back to her and Purvi pushed him to her. Since then all the BS that arjun purvi have done is pure dhokha. When lady is ready to move on, herself saying so, let her na. Arjun could have said yeah this is better, divorce karte hain. Purvi shoould have moved away or married arjun after whatever she wanted. But why hold Ovi in this marriage by outright lying to her. 

People cannot answer such questions either. Because their love for the actor/character shrouds all objectivity. I want someone to tell me really why purvi wanted arjun to consummate after that party, why arjun once again heard her out and why ovi was wrong after she had declared her readiness to move on. Enlightenment is needed. But for that I think I might need to be a serious fan first, because without that I doubt I can see logic in the argument. 

If this happened to anybody in reality then you would totally feel sorry for the girl whose fiance fell in love with another lady much less a hated step sister after having committed to marry her. Maybe people think differently and would be ok if this happened to their daughters or themselves. I dont know what the general atittude to marriage these days is. So I guess definitely to each his own. I would not want my daughter wich such a shameless man, I would slap my daughter if she went on romancing such a guy after knwin he was engaged to someone else, and I wuold slap my daughter if she made a deal for him. But I would also slap my daughter for continuing an incestuous relationship with jeejaji after havin made decision to let go of him, slap hr for playing god and swapping babies like they are toys, slap her for sly breastfeeding, slap her for lying outright about so many things I find it hard to count, slap her for treating her husband like crap, slap the son in law who was told by my daughter that he could break away but continued and still kept love for saali intact, slap him for giving her dhokha and slap both of them for doing this to my daughter. 

Edited by pari87 - 10 April 2013 at 7:50pm

Not_a_fanparis.hiltonHillyloveKalapiFireLordPhoenixTiyali.Senorita.koolsadhu1000Dabulls23

Binge IF-Rockerz
Binge
Binge

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
After a long time I happened to watch yest's epi and I watched it to see how they connect Ovi-Soham bond... that is the only best thing the writer could have ever written. 

Anyway, I did feel bad for Ovi. Its like I was cursing the protagonists and sympathizing with Ovi who is more of a real character. My mind was flipping between how she herself got into this mess and she didnt deserve to be cheated about her baby like this. Hated how Arjun Purvi were SOO dumb and yes, they looked like brainless villians with "high moral values" in that scene. Stern Smile All of a sudden, how insensitively did Purvi tell that she cant back out and that Ovi would move on after learning the baby truth? 

The real test of Ovi starts from here.Evil Smile This is bcuz she is certain that she has been cheated even by Arjun. However, I am not pining much hopes from her either. If she can still accept a man who slapped her in public and unabashedly declared his love for his ex, she might accept his love child as well. Ouch

Edited by Binge - 10 April 2013 at 8:26pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

paris.hiltoncs-07FireLordPhoenixTiyali.Senorita.ilovedhanjanird

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmya_jairam

Everyone must sympathize with ovi for loosing her child despite her own negligence but no one should sympathize with the mother who decide against abortion and kept her child out of wedlock and give it away to the mother who lost her child so that she could be happy and not be devastated. talk about society and discrimination.

Bravo!!! Well said!

Oh gosh! Can we please look at the character progression when we talk. Nobody's denying that Ovi drank during pregnancy or that she made that dratted deal, or that they were both very, very wrong. But Ovi didn't lost the child because of her negligence, the baby was well and healthy before the accident. And Ovi knew that she had neglected the baby due to her own issues, and acknowledged that to purvi and onir, and apologized to arjun. In fact, the reason she wanted to go to the temple that fateful night was to thank Bappa for keeping her baby safe through all of that, and giving her a chance to experience motherhood. If she had known then that her baby had died in the accident, she would have probably blamed herself that she initially didn't want the baby so Bappa took him/her away from her when she'd started loving the child. Or she may have blamed arjun or onir or purvi or some random person, how does it matter? Ovi should have known the truth and should have been allowed to deal with it in her own way. This time she had the support of her aai and rest of her family who were all on her side unlike the wedding which divided the family.

Even if Ovi had then begged purvi on bended knee for Pari, purvi should not have given her up. Just contributing to the genetic pool does not make one a mother, the real part comes once the baby is born. That purvi kept the baby instead of aborting and loved her from the start is moot point because she gave her up as soon as she was born. If Ovi had begged her or she decided that Ovi needed pari more than her and she wanted to give up pari; she should have offered her openly and legally for adoption,and then be content with being pari's maasi. Her character has steadily gone downhill, whereas Ovi's has steadily gone uphill. She has done mistakes, she has learnt from them and repented for them. She has grown as a person, whereas purvi and arjun have become liars/cheats/wimps from strong characters who constantly keep making mistakes after mistakes. 

Why play God when you're mere human? How can she decide and take control of anyone else's life? Why should Ovi not be allowed to mourn her baby and decide for herself if she wanted to adopt pari or some other baby? Her first responsibility as a mother is to her baby alone, everyone else should come after. She had and has no right to decide what will make someone happy and when; people are not puppets that she can pull their strings whenever and however she wants even if she wants their "bhalaai". Her double-standards, her hypocrisy, her sab-ki-bhalaai nonsense sicken me to the core. If these are actions done with good intentions, I intend not to have good intentions for anyone nor let anyone with good intentions anywhere near me. 

Sowyma, you have said it all so well Big smile. Yup, you are so right, Purvi just contributed to the gene poolBig smile (that was a good one) and moment she had her baby, she gave her away - a innocent responsibility that was her's and that she willingly brought to this world.

Btw, I never ever understood what great hardship Purvi went through being pregnant...I guess, my inability here Big smile. For I understood it was mahan-ness on her part to decide to keep the baby, but before anyone could even understand that she was pregnant out of wedlock, well, she got lucky to have Onir - who was ever happy to press her feet and sleep on floors. So, what was the hardship she faced? Did she face all the probing and prodding eyes relentlessly question her of whose baby she was carrying or faced men who started to think her of ''immoral " character for being preggo out of wedlock and wanted to take advantage of? She had the best possible deal in Onir...yup, I guess she faced untold hardships for she had to tolerate Onir...now, I understand and appreciate her greatly Wink...not

Not_a_fanparis.hiltonpari87HillyloveFireLordPhoenixTiyalikoolsadhu1000.Senorita.Dabulls23

Not_a_fan Senior Member
Not_a_fan
Not_a_fan

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:46pm | IP Logged

Bravo!!! Well said!

Sowyma, you have said it all so well Big smile. Yup, you are so right, Purvi just contributed to the gene poolBig smile (that was a good one) and moment she had her baby, she gave her away - a innocent responsibility that was her's and that she willingly brought to this world.

Btw, I never ever understood what great hardship Purvi went through being pregnant...I guess, my inability here Big smile. For I understood it was mahan-ness on her part to decide to keep the baby, but before anyone could even understand that she was pregnant out of wedlock, well, she got lucky to have Onir - who was ever happy to press her feet and sleep on floors. So, what was the hardship she faced? Did she face all the probing and prodding eyes relentlessly question her of whose baby she was carrying or faced men who started to think her of ''immoral " character for being preggo out of wedlock and wanted to take advantage of? She had the best possible deal in Onir...yup, I guess she faced untold hardships for she had to tolerate Onir...now, I understand and appreciate her greatly Wink...not

Kalapi Hug

Honestly, I don't care if Purvi had an easy pregnancy or a hard one. I think like Ovi in that sense--as long as she doesn't mess with anyone else, she can have a bed of roses or thorns. It's her extreme good luck that she had the former when she should have expected the latter, but I won't begrudge her it. She should have just realized what a great second chance life had given her, and gone back to Kolkata with her husband and baby in tow and had her happily ever after. Instead, she stays and messes up everyone's lives for their own "bhalaai". She was and is not responsible for Ovi, her marriage, her baby or anyone else except her own baby who needed her parents, her mother to protect her. She's so f*****g infuriating that I want to bang my head whenever I even read her parts in the written updates. Neither can she hold onto something nor can she let go completely. She's a confused delusional character, made powerful because of the weird mental and emotional hold she has over all these people especially arjun and onir. She's like archana that way, with the power to destroy so many lives but only much more dangerous having the blessing of the original powerlord and the weakling men who cater to her whims and fancies. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87HillyloveTiyaliFireLordPhoenixilovedhanjanird.Senorita.Dabulls23

ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Purvi had a hard pregnancy ? What world are we living in ?
Purvi out of the blues found a renowned gynac who is famous all over the world apparently
Single mothers , unwed single mother have to earn money and feed their children
But obviously that wouldn't be showed on PR
Miracles happen and Purvi got a husband who has no demands from her
Ovi did two things wrong :
One was placing the deal
Other was when she doubted Arjun of having an affair with Purvi she should have walked out of the marriage but she did say she would leave but Arjun wanted a second chance
Again , heart wants what it wants
I would even justify purvi's baby donation
But I can never understand why she would breast feed the baby when Ovi was right there in the hospital if pari was really hungry she could have taken her to Ovi
First you give your baby to your sister
And then all of your love comes pouring down
If she really had good intentions she would leave for Kolkata and only occasionally visit

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

paris.hiltontejaswiniwenhamFireLordPhoenixTiyali.Senorita.

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 9:00pm | IP Logged

Bravo!!! Well said!

Kalapi Hug

Honestly, I don't care if Purvi had an easy pregnancy or a hard one. I think like Ovi in that sense--as long as she doesn't mess with anyone else, she can have a bed of roses or thorns. It's her extreme good luck that she had the former when she should have expected the latter, but I won't begrudge her it. She should have just realized what a great second chance life had given her, and gone back to Kolkata with her husband and baby in tow and had her happily ever after. Instead, she stays and messes up everyone's lives for their own "bhalaai". She was and is not responsible for Ovi, her marriage, her baby or anyone else except her own baby who needed her parents, her mother to protect her. She's so f*****g infuriating that I want to bang my head whenever I even read her parts in the written updates. Neither can she hold onto something nor can she let go completely. She's a confused delusional character, made powerful because of the weird mental and emotional hold she has over all these people especially arjun and onir. She's like archana that way, with the power to destroy so many lives but only much more dangerous having the blessing of the original powerlord and the weakling men who cater to her whims and fancies. 

Sowmya dear Hug Hug, me too don't care about Purvi and her 'troubled'' pregnancy, as some put itBig smile. She gets on my nerve when she thinks that she can decide 'bhalaayi'' of others at her convenience. But, I couldn't control myself to post against when I saw such outpouring of grieve at Purvi's hardship and challenging pregancy, so had to point out...an't control myself yaarGeek

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Not_a_fanparis.hiltonpari87HillyloveFireLordPhoenix.Senorita.Dabulls23

Go to top