Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Ovi is too much DT note pg19 (Page 28)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Dear Vasu,

I was greatly interested in your background, being Tamilian myself (the B  stands for, what else, Balasubramanian!), and I will PM you one of these days to go further down that road. As for the age factor, you are on safe ground calling me Aunty, as I am 60+ and a retired diplomat, having doin 38 years in the Indian Foreign Service.

I see where you are coming from on Arjun and Purvi, and while I would accept the logic of what they did if it was a shared decision, here, it most definitely  was not. And that is what I mean by Purvi trying to play God. Now it will be Onir, and I would not be surprised if he ended up in jail, with a very distinguished medical career in ruins, because of his obsession with catering to this girl's ideas and sudden flights. Well, he made his choice and he has to suffer for it, but for me, he is the sole bright spot in PR today, and I would be very sorry to see such a train wreck..

Shyamala Aunty

[QUOTE=archis_infinity]
Shyamala Aunty, I took the liberty of replying to you in this thread for the simple reason that I could not spend time to find the previous thread where I responded. You see, I do not spend a lot of time in the forum and I find there are many threads on similar topic !! I thank you for taking in yet another niece from the forum , I am much honored though I do confess that I am that young as I may sound with the 'auntyji'. Well, there is a certain perception on the average age of the Arvi fan.Smile

I am called Vasu at home and as background, I am originally from Chennai, have been living abroad for 17 years - all of it spent raising a family and being a hardcore professional in a global firm. Though I can manage a smattering of hindi, this is the first soap I have watched and that too, only from Feb last year ,thanks to a friend who mentioned Arvi in a casual conversation. I got hooked, began to invest whatever time I get on the forum and watching the serial. To sum it all, this side of me is a surprise to my family and would definitely be a shock to my friends if they come to know about it.Big smile

My journey with Arvi has been like everyone else's. I now favour the two actors than of their characters. It would be quite distasteful to me for Arvi to reunite in their current condition but deep down in my heart, I am hoping some "twists and turns" in future would justify the means and the end !

Without boring you or anyone kind enough to read my rants, I do not justify every act of Purvi , Arjun, Soham in the same way I do with Ovi. And I may be the only person in the forum who don't see Purvi's act of giving up Arjun as her loving him less . I firmly believe there are different shades of love ; I have personal experiences in my own friends circle on how two soul-mates decide not to enter marraige-hood for the sake of their family. I can only imagine the torture they endure in the name of life with such scarred hearts but the decision had made sense to them at that point of their lives. The only difference in the soap is that it wasn't mutual decision at least not prior to the hilltop scene. 

I do not judge the strength in anyone's character in their ability to take 'right' decisions , that is decisions that strictly confirm to the norms of the society but how they face the consequence of their decisions , control the damage and moving on. For me, the differential factor  is the intentions ('Karanam' ) and not always the actions ('Kariyam').

On your specific points about Ovi's current plight on the truth of Pari, I had written earlier this week
in the forum that this is a horror for any woman. And on Arjun's reaction on baby Pari, I felt that that was momentary reaction on the overwhelming odds on how Pari survived given how she was conceived, Purvi leaving the town and had to endure till that point of time. Remember how grateful he sounded to Ovi when she stopped drinking and started caring for herself and the baby, though this would be the normal expectation from any husband? I may be wrong but I haven't seen him behaving with the baby any more or any less affectionate than before.

I enjoyed my first venture in the forum of putting my thoughts into words and sorry again for the length of the mail. I hope we will continue our interaction in the coming days and weeks. Take care.

p.s: On the user name, it is actually an anagram of names but there is also a meaning on what 'archis' means.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Shyamala, no particular significance for groundhog day here since it is eternal spring in Cali as Sasha will probably tell you! Wink  And it is German to be precise, will tell you the story behind the usage later.  

Never fear, Soham is well on the way to earning everyone's ire as he is all set to harbor the evil Dr. Onir and his sultry siren Mishti!LOL  Ovi might be a moot point if the rumors are to be believed that she will soon be absconding!

I loved the the Dhundhle Rang post as well and very much for the same reasons as you.  At least this darn tale keeps us coming back to the forum, dunno what I would do without my daily dose of PR, has kind of become like my hot kappi! 

Happy Tamil New Year to you or should I say Puthandu Vazthukal? 

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by archis_infinity

Shyamala Aunty, I took the liberty of replying to you in this thread for the simple reason that I could not spend time to find the previous thread where I responded. You see, I do not spend a lot of time in the forum and I find there are many threads on similar topic !! I thank you for taking in yet another niece from the forum , I am much honored though I do confess that I am that young as I may sound with the 'auntyji'. Well, there is a certain perception on the average age of the Arvi fan.Smile

I am called Vasu at home and as background, I am originally from Chennai, have been living abroad for 17 years - all of it spent raising a family and being a hardcore professional in a global firm. Though I can manage a smattering of hindi, this is the first soap I have watched and that too, only from Feb last year ,thanks to a friend who mentioned Arvi in a casual conversation. I got hooked, began to invest whatever time I get on the forum and watching the serial. To sum it all, this side of me is a surprise to my family and would definitely be a shock to my friends if they come to know about it.Big smile

My journey with Arvi has been like everyone else's. I now favour the two actors than of their characters. I do too though it may not sound like that the way I write about Arjun! WinkIt would be quite distasteful to me for Arvi to reunite in their current condition totally agree but deep down in my heart, I am hoping some "twists and turns" in future would justify the means and the end !

Without boring you or anyone kind enough to read my rants, I do not justify every act of Purvi , Arjun, Soham in the same way I do with Ovi. And I may be the only person in the forum who don't see Purvi's act of giving up Arjun as her loving him less . I firmly believe there are different shades of love ; I have personal experiences in my own friends circle on how two soul-mates decide not to enter marraige-hood for the sake of their family. Agree but unfortunately once the decision is made they have to live by it, no turning back.  I can only imagine the torture they endure in the name of life with such scarred hearts but the decision had made sense to them at that point of their lives. The only difference in the soap is that it wasn't mutual decision at least not prior to the hilltop scene.  

I do not judge the strength in anyone's character in their ability to take 'right' decisions , that is decisions that strictly confirm to the norms of the society but how they face the consequence of their decisions , control the damage and moving on. couldn't have said it better. For me, the differential factor  is the intentions ('Karanam' ) and not always the actions ('Kariyam'). Motives are the deciding factor in determining if a person is good or evil but sometimes the way to hell is paved with good intentions. 

On your specific points about Ovi's current plight on the truth of Pari, I had written earlier this week
in the forum that this is a horror for any woman. And on Arjun's reaction on baby Pari, I felt that that was momentary reaction on the overwhelming odds on how Pari survived given how she was conceived, Purvi leaving the town and had to endure till that point of time. Remember how grateful he sounded to Ovi when she stopped drinking and started caring for herself and the baby, though this would be the normal expectation from any husband?I may be wrong but I haven't seen him behaving with the baby any more or any less affectionate than before.I have said the same, he thanked Ovi for his lady luck, Pari even before he knew she was Purvi's.  He might have been kissing her because even though he lost his other baby, God has given him another baby to cherish no matter whose it is, Ovi's or Purvi's. 

I enjoyed my first venture in the forum of putting my thoughts into words and sorry again for the length of the mail. Loved reading your thoughts. I hope we will continue our interaction in the coming days and weeks. Take care.

p.s: On the user name, it is actually an anagram of names but there is also a meaning on what 'archis' means.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Vasu, hope I may call you that? You can call me Janhvi. Even though your post was addressed to Shyamala, I read it and was intrigued especially by your name, does it mean infinite ray of light? 

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 4:36am | IP Logged
No, Janhvi, it is not German, for in German it would not be daag but Tag. That is why they say Montag, Dienstag, Donnerstag. Freitag, Samstag, Sonntag, for the days of the week (only Wednesday is Mittwoch, or middle of the week).

German was my second foreign language after my compulsory one, which was French. I was Ambassador to the Netherlands for over 3 years, and though I did not learn Dutch for fear of corrupting my German, I did notice the daag all over the place. German and Dutch are very close in the big words and so I could read the newspapers fairly well, but not converse at all, since all the small words are different.

Warmest good wishes to you, your resident Onir, and your gorgeous Vy for  the Tamizh Puttandu. It being a Sunday. you must have been able to celebrate it with, what else, plenty of eats!

Shyamala

Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Shyamala, no particular significance for groundhog day here since it is eternal spring in Cali as Sasha will probably tell you! Wink  And it is German to be precise, will tell you the story behind the usage later.  

Never fear, Soham is well on the way to earning everyone's ire as he is all set to harbor the evil Dr. Onir and his sultry siren Mishti!LOL  Ovi might be a moot point if the rumors are to be believed that she will soon be absconding!

I loved the the Dhundhle Rang post as well and very much for the same reasons as you.  At least this darn tale keeps us coming back to the forum, dunno what I would do without my daily dose of PR, has kind of become like my hot kappi! 

Happy Tamil New Year to you or should I say Puthandu Vazthukal? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1

Go to top