Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Ovi is too much DT note pg19 (Page 27)

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=pari87][QUOTE=soapwatcher1]

Dear Pari, must you?  Smile  when you ask, I cannot refuse so here I go with my treatise. LOL

Let me clarify one thing, heavens no, I do not want Arjun and Purvi to be re-united after two marriages and two bacchas, I have been screaming myself hoarse saying that.  Confused  I believe in fidelity above all else, and Arjun by sleeping with Ovi, moved on, he now owes (in my mind) his allegiance to Ovi because of the simple fact that he proceeded to make his marriage real AFTER knowing all the facts about the deal between Purvi and Ovi.  

You are right, Ovi did the deal for herself, Purvi for her Aai, Arjun could have, should have, must have had sense enough to tell Purvi to jump off a cliff and refused to marry Ovi, he is a grown man and if he can be led by a ring around his nose, he deserves what he has gotten, noble lover, kind guy, handsome  dude, and all Big smile.  But there are others who feel that he is justified as well because he did this for love of Purvi.  Maybe, though I am not of that thinking. 

Ovi did not come clean with anything ever, she has not acknowledged even to herself what she did was wrong.  She was ranting and raving and slapping Purvi at that party, Arjun was not even there at that moment, the girl has a major problem, she uses Purvi as her scapegoat for the loss of her mother's love and for her own inability to ignite that loving feeling in Arjun.  Arjun walked in to see Ovi slapping Purvi and slapped Ovi which is when she asked him about who he loved, she forced his hand, again playing that game of chance, wishing, hoping like a child that shuts its eyes and wishes the candy will land in its hand and that by some miracle Arjun would say he loves her, Ovi.  Her hopes were dashed when Arjun after warning her not to push it, declared to the world that he still loved Purvi. You cannot call that coming clean (referring here to your post of Ovi making matters right), if you do then Arjun telling Ovi the night of their marriage that he loved Purvi and only Purvi was coming clean as well.  Ovi turned a blind eye and ignored it in then, she is not in the driver's seat of this marriage to decide when to believe him and when not to, marriage is a tandem bike that requires two at the helm.  

No, Purvi could not have disclosed then at the party that she was pregnant.  She did what any sensible girl should do (she was not sensible on the hill top) and told Arjun to move on with his life and left.

Arjun sleeping with Ovi is something else that I have shrieked myself hoarse about LOL, if it was physically possible for him to sleep with Ovi, he was not as much in love with Purvi as he thought he was, and he was at some level (as Strega points out) attracted to Ovi.  That clinches it for me. He took the step to make the marriage real with Ovi, Purvi is automatically out of the picture for him.  He is a married man now in every sense of the word.  Ideally, if Ovi realizes and admits her mistake in acquiring him like a commodity (Please do not bring up Purvi giving him up like a commodityWink, remember she is no longer in the picture as far as Arjun is concerned, this is between Ovi and Arjun only) , they should both make a sincere effort to work at their marriage, separately and independent of Purvi or her marriage.  The last couple of weeks lent some hope that Ovi was moving in this direction but this latest fiasco has set her back again.  I am not sure if this leopard can ever change its spots.  Confused

Purvi coming back after 7 to 9 months was not her own doing, Manav & Archana and even Ovi wanted Onir to treat Ovi in Mumbai.  Yes, Purvi has a problem, a self-esteem problem that she has to bow down to everyone's wishes to feel good about herself.  Mahaan you might call it, life long inferiority complex, I might term it.  

If Ovi has abandonment issues as many have pointed out stemming from a lack of a mother's love in her formative years which is the underlying cause of her irrational behavior,  I believe, being treated as a nobody by the family including the Ds (Savita, the twins, Manjusha) and as an outsider because of being an adopted child, Purvi has this overwhelming  need to be accepted and loved and hence goes about wrecking her life in an effort to win applause and approbation for her idiotic deeds. 

It was insolent on the part of both Onir and Purvi to switch babies and to assume that they were taking care of Ovi's welfare and were righting all the wrongs in the Arjun-Ovi marriage with this one fell swoop.  None of their business how Ovi handled her loss, they could commiserate and help but had no reason to play God even if done with all good intentions.  Sometimes, motives aren't enough and that was the case in this situation.  The CVs might yet turn this to Purvi's redemption judging by Ovi's behavior today.  She has developed a strong attachment to the baby and maybe the baby's unconditional love and dependence on Ovi will help her come out of her sorrow, I hope so, for Ovi's sake.  

As for the truth being told, I have been the flag bearer on that (ask Kools and Shyamala and Kalapi) that Pari's truth needed to be outed when Onir & Purvi arrived in Mumbai.  I cited Karna (look at what happened because Kunti hid the truth from Arjuna and the rest of the Pandavas), Shyamala in her infinite wisdom quoted Krishna and said hiding the truth is okay when it prevents a pound of hurt.  We are re-hashing the same "to tell or not to tell" question, just that the answer is easier as it is now in hindsight.LOL

I could turn the tables and ask if Ovi murders Purvi (she has been killing Purvi slowly since she crossed Purvi's path that fateful stormy night near the airport), would that be forgiven as easily as all Ovi's other trespasses against Purvi (accusations of her being a gold-digger, a thief, a husband stealer, mother stealer, child stealer, need I go on?) merely because Purvi had the misfortune of attracting Arjun's love, that Arjun whom Ovi had eyed and marked as her own?  Oh, I needn't ask this question, when Purvi was kidnapped, Ovi did not care a fig if Purvi perished at the hands of the goons, Ovi in fact  tried to stop her dad from handing over the ransom, so of course, the girl can be forgiven and her praises sung for she is transparent when it comes to her hatred and murderous intentions towards Purvi! LOL

My dear friend, that is my treatise in short for you! Wink

jhanvi,

Thank you for the reply! I knew we would not agree on certain things, but I did want to read your opinion and probably defense of Purvi. 

@bold - I had at that time always felt Ovi was a bit OTT ( over the top - since acronyms hurt people's feelings on this forum :P) about her hatred for purvi. Somewhere I could understand it, but somewhere she was cursing all her misfortune on Purvi, whereas Archana was the main person to blame. ( I do not make Ovi a transparent and white character, for me she is grey and has steadily moved towards righting her wrongs, but in no uncertain claims will she be white unless she realizes her deal and apologizes for it to Arjun. She owes nothing to Purvi. ) But, I would not label her with the wrath you guys have for her, for simply proposing a deal. People make mistakes, Purvi has made them too. Whatever the deal was, all 3 were equally to blame. You cannot hate Ovi alone for that deal. Arjun-Purvi failed their test of love too. And I would credit Purvi, the great executive at 19 with more brains than to think this was the last solution to her mother's problems. Anyway, I would not absolve OVi if she murdered Purvi, as I don't absolve her of that deal. In my head it was wrong and always will be. So, don't label the blind defense of Ovi on me. I simply find her relatable, real and most grown character on the show today. And I do point her mistakes out too. 

I always felt Purvi and Ovi both should have kept away from Arjun. Ovi for her self worth and Purvi since she cared so much for her mother's happiness. I still cannot understand how suddenly with the deal she realized what damage this wedding was gonan cause to her mom. When all through the preps, she could constantly see her mom crying and suffering because Manav was pissed off as hell and so were her other kids. But anyway, let us just forget that deal. All 3 are to blame and I don't see any great love from either of them that can be justified.

I don't think lately Ovi has used Purvi as a scapegoat for her problems at all. In that party, once again, I will re-iterate that I thought Ovi was wrong because she had knowingly gotten into this alliance. Even if she was in denial that he truly loved Purvi, that is her problem alone and not the husband's or Purvi;s. So her slapping Purvi was uncalled for. If Arjun listens to Purvi, it is his problem and not Purvi;s. He is a spineless fool in front of her. Nothing else. Purvi calls the shots in his marriage and his baby but if he stood up to her, she would have no control. But he doesn't and she continues doing so. (ego-centric personality or do-gooder for his life you can choose, I know what I think of her :P) So even at that party, I felt Ovi was simply tasting the bitter medicine now, that she had herself chosen to swallow. So be it. I felt sympathy but knew that it was of her own calling. 

Purvi left town. If Arjun listens to Purvi, Purvi loves to oder Arjun giving her "pyaar ki kasam". The dude is married. If you chose to give him up, stay away. you cannot deny that she eye-locked him and she did make that halwa and she was around him most of the times. This is not her fault alone but his too. That time peopel said " it's not easy for them to forget each other, purvi still loves him, so obviously in one month the love is not gonna die out" blah blah blah. So then, how was it assumed easy for Ovi to forget Arjun so soon? When she landed in india, unceremoniously he broke up with her and then immediately proceeded with shaadi plans with Purvi, how was Ovi expected to just understand and move on? Purvi was happily romancing while the girl was committing suicide. Agreed, she need not have any feelings towards her "sautan" or sister whatever, but then do not go around professing Ovi's bhalai to anybody. Do not hide your kartoots behind reasons like Ovi's insecurities. Did Purvi not have a human enough heart to understand that she was getting married to the ex fiance who had just broken up with her? Shoving the marriage in her face, was heartless enough but the urgency for wedding was beyond me. Ovi is expected to understand each time, but when will we lay fingers on Purvi for being so engrossed in romance, she did not spare a thought for the girl who had just been dumped for her? That being her sister, but more so her mother's other daughter. If she cared so much for mom and dad and sister, she would have said, let us wait for ovi to come out of this depression and then we can get married, There is no hurry. But instead, she went and forced baba manav to do kanyadaan giving him all these daughter-father examples and crying buckets out avbout having gornw up without him. What BS? Purvi was as insensitive to Ovi as Ovi has been to Purvi in the beginning. So let us please lay square blame. 

As for your statement that him shouting out loud and clear that he loved purvi at the part was not coming clean? Pray tell me what is coming clean then? Kissing purvi in front of her? I don't know. He wanted out right? he did not love Ovi. Right? He wanted to be with Purvi? So shouldn't he have divorced her? Or shouldn't he have been like this is not working forget it? Ovi loved Arjun and she will obviously do everything to keep him, just as Arjun does everything for Purvi to prove his love again and again. So if you wanted Ovi to walk out, why should Arjun not walk out? And once he committed, then why this love and longing for Purvi still? Ovi is still giving her 100% to this marriage isn't she? So why is he not keeping his end of the bargain? I understand you taking up for Purvi but what is this taking up for Arjun agaisnt Ovi? Everytime it looks like hands turn down to Ovi for that one deal. Like I said it is akin to Purvi killing ovi and justified cuz of that one deal. 

Purvi, her nautanki is simply that once you give up, then stick to it. There is no denying that she used to eye-lock, but I will give it to her that she tried hard to run away from Arjun. but like previously, it was always Arjun pursuing this woman so much that it was hard for her to ell him to go away forever. So she decided to go away. But after that, she has only made a series of horrible decisions. I have not once used Ovi's abandonment issues to justify her behavior so let's keep Purvi;s need for acceptance out of this too. 

For Arjun-Ovi's marriage to work, Purvi has to stop interfering. Arjun listens to her yes, but purvi should keep out of it. Meeting him clandestinely, telling him about hiding truth from Ovi then telling him you should have told her, then making decisions about telling the family now that Ovi will be shattered, but could not open out her kaands before when the tiem was better, tellign arjun to consummate, telling arjun to keep pari happy, telling ovi she is a bad mother. WTH. Why cannot Purvi keep away form Ovi and Arjun? Simple? Why this constant need to be God in their lives? 

Anyway, Purvi;s actions to me are more ego-centric and controlling and she comes across as a person who likes people to owe gratitude to her, a need to be mahaan and for people to always be in debt of her goodness, she comes across as a person who is immature and makes wild decisions in her whims and fancies without weighing the consequences. And ofcourse takes all the peopel who genuinely love her for granted. 

we may never agree on this so let us end it here :) I will never see Purvi with your eyes and you will never see Ovi with mine :) 

Pari, simply writing to correct some misconceptions here.  

I have ALWAYS from the beginning held all 3 responsible for that deal, starting from my post "tarred with the same brush" so I am not absolving Purvi or Arjun from guilt, never have, I just cannot understand how Ovi can be completely absolved of guilt and the entire crime can be laid at Purvi's feet alone.  There is a difference between blaming all 3 and only one.  I am guessing if you blame Ovi for her part in this deal, that we do agree at least on that point.

As far as Arjun not coming clean at the party, I think you misread what I wrote.  I was referring to your post "Now at that party, where the whole thing was laid bare to all, the facade Arjun-Ovi were following, the unconsummated status and even Arjun's undying love for Purvi. Ovi declared for one and all to hear that she was tired of this, could not take it anymore and wanted to move on. SO that was her first step towards making this right."  Correct me if I am wrong I was assuming you were referring to this as Ovi coming clean or "making it right".  I was not referencing to Arjun coming clean or not in my post.  In fact, we might, just might, be of the same mind here as well.  I cited the first night of marriage in my post when he laid bare the truth of his loving Purvi and Purvi alone before Ovi, so he came clean that night itself, let alone the day of the party.  

Purvi should have waited and advised her mother until Ovi got out of her depression?  Purvi did not know Ovi was "depressed" (of course, she should have assumed it, right? LOL) and also it is not the job of an 18 year old to be advising her parents on how to take care of her long lost, no love lost between them, hardly know her at that point, sibling. All the world's troubles cannot be placed at Purvi's door, just cannot be done, even if the girl idiotically thinks she has the shoulders of Hercules. 

I do not believe Purvi ever told Arjun Ovi is a bad mother, she told him to take care of Pari, nothing wrong in that.  In fact, if I recall right, at the hospital, she told him to take care of Pari and Ovi. I agree none of her business what happens in the Arjun-Ovi marriage (wrote that yesterday in response to your post, highlighting it in case you missed it), she should let them to flounder, sink, swim or stay afloat, their call entirely.  

As for Ovi giving 100% to her marriage she was not earlier, she was recently making a successful attempt to do so and that is why I was beginning to soften towards her :) As to why Arjun is not giving his 100%,that is not the point of this discussion, this is about Purvi and Ovi not why Arjun is not keeping his end of the bargain.  You read my initial post to you in its entirety, I hope.  I did say there that Arjun owes his allegiance to his wife now.  Again, have high-lighted it, just in case.

Pari, I am glad you wanted my POV but would like to ask you to please dismiss any pre-conceived notions you may have about my slant on PR as you stated/implied that I want an ARVI re-union, that I do not blame Purvi and Arjun (along with Ovi) for the deal or that I do not want Arjun to stay true to his wife. These are not my opinions at all as I have been repeatedly and 'exhaustedly' saying.  

Come now, let us put PR out of our minds temporarily at least, peace out! Smile 

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 12 April 2013 at 12:05pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rajvtaxxxnmpari87rayadallie

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

Originally posted by soapwatcher1

kalapi, that they were, wise parents, I mean. 

Coming back to your question, as I wrote before I was expounding to hillydee on how a traditional engagement was actually done in India, emphasis on "traditional".  And no, it is not my POV that Indian society has more value than Canadian society, lol. These days, anything chalta hai, so long as the intent is serious.  But in the case of the Ds and Ks, they themselves did not consider it an engagement if they arranged for one later, it was not considered a "done deal" even by them.  

To me they did consider a done deal, otherwise why could 2 business tycoons make a public announcement if they were themselves doubtful. Ppl from business background are doubly careful of the media announcements they make, for it can backfire easily. It was done deal for all parties, as far as the family members were concerned and so was such a happy announcement from DK (who did it officially in a party) that his best friend was soon becoming Samdhan. So, the paka katha was done.

As for the actual ''engagement' ceremony, they are rich ppl and for both families, their first children's marriage, they will of course follow every possible ritual - it happens in real life too. They could, of course, invite all their acquaintances - it was a business marriage too, in a sense. But sadly, PR shows one side story. They didn't shows any media queries when suddenly Arjun got engaged to the step sister...in real life that could have been some fodder for the evening news - that is why this serial is so one-sided...

These days it is more common for engagements and marriages to break which "traditionally" didn't happen or weren't "allowed" to happen.  In olden days (hence the word usage, traditionally) divorces were not allowed so marriages didn't break, a very bad thing if the husband was an abuser, womanizer or just plain bad, the woman was still forced to live with her husband, come what may.  That was not a good thing to be forced to live with someone just because once married you had to stay married, marriages were "not allowed" to break. 
That is what I meant, nothing to do with how or where the marriage is done, court, hilltop, temple, church, by the sea, under the sea, a marriage is a marriage if there is a commitment between the couple to have and to hold till death do them part."Bad thing if a couple was forced to stay together just for the sake of custom and society but bad thing also if a couple breaks up on a mere whim or fancy. I agree, I don't know why Arjun didn't go for a divorce.  Agree too that no guy who does not want to stay with a girl is worthy of that girl.  Pros and cons to both.  

Not sure I understand the underlined, Janhvi?? You mean that if marriages didn't happen traditionally then it breaks more often. So, court marriages breaks more often. Lol, not what I meant at allLOL.  But then Ovi did have a very traditional marriage (thanks to Purvi), in front of Bappa and by the priests, so it should never break, right???

I agree, couple shouldn't be forced to stay together for a custome. That is why ask, right after the wedding, why Arjun didn't go for a divorce - for he never wanted it, right?? Now, when Ovi was ready after the month, again Arjun stopped her. Now, even I want Ovi to divorce Arjun - he simply isn't worth her...

I agree complete with your line in red...

Kalapi, don't misunderstand me again or I will begin to doubt my ability to present my thoughts in words Wink  Have put my explanation in blue.  

pari87 Goldie
pari87
pari87

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 12:59pm | IP Logged

I have ALWAYS from the beginning held all 3 responsible for that deal, starting from my post "tarred with the same brush" so I am not absolving Purvi or Arjun from guilt, never have, I just cannot understand how Ovi can be completely absolved of guilt and the entire crime can be laid at Purvi's feet alone.  There is a difference between blaming all 3 and only one.  I am guessing if you blame Ovi for her part in this deal, that we do agree at least on that point.

Jhanvi, I have not been around on this forum forever, hence I have to assume what you mean because you do pull for Purvi a lot and majorly so I simply assumed you do not hold her responsible for the deal as much as you hold Ovi. Hence, the assumption. anyway, I do agree with you on this that all 3 are responsible. ;)

As far as Arjun not coming clean at the party, I think you misread what I wrote.  I was referring to your post "Now at that party, where the whole thing was laid bare to all, the facade Arjun-Ovi were following, the unconsummated status and even Arjun's undying love for Purvi. Ovi declared for one and all to hear that she was tired of this, could not take it anymore and wanted to move on. SO that was her first step towards making this right."  Correct me if I am wrong I was assuming you were referring to this as Ovi coming clean or "making it right".  I was not referencing to Arjun coming clean or not in my post.  In fact, we might, just might, be of the same mind here as well.  I cited the first night of marriage in my post when he laid bare the truth of his loving Purvi and Purvi alone before Ovi, so he came clean that night itself, let alone the day of the party.  

haha, this is a case of miscommunication or misunderstanding actually..I thought you referred to Arjun coming clean on the party day not Ovi. As for Ovi coming clean, I don't call it coming clean. I just call it acceptance of her marriage failure and ready to move on. Arjun had always had a chance to walk out of this marriage. He loved Purvi and Ovi loved Arjun, Tell me who "needed" to divorce more? But anyway, clearly we agree that Arjun is a most spineless lover and husband both, so let us rejoice on that agreement :) 

Purvi should have waited and advised her mother until Ovi got out of her depression?  Purvi did not know Ovi was "depressed" (of course, she should have assumed it, right? LOL) and also it is not the job of an 18 year old to be advising her parents on how to take care of her long lost, no love lost between them, hardly know her at that point, sibling. All the world's troubles cannot be placed at Purvi's door, just cannot be done, even if the girl idiotically thinks she has the shoulders of Hercules. 

Dear Jhanvi, Purvi could think that she has reigns of her mother's relationship with her husband in her hands, so why not the thought spared for kids? You cannot hold her mighty for one, and unconcerned for the other. Purvi knew Ovi had committed suicide. Any woman, any lady, would feel this knowing that her fiance JUST broke up with another girl. Purvi had broken up with Vinay, she should for one know how breaking off an engagement feels like. But she was busy romancing, not sparing a thought for a fellow girl who was just dumped for her sake. She had slapped Arjun righteously for having fooled her and Ovi both, so what suddenly made her feel alright about getting married hurriedly while other daughter was still dealing with it. She chooses her causes and that is not mahaan, because that is her convenience. 

I do not believe Purvi ever told Arjun Ovi is a bad mother, she told him to take care of Pari, nothing wrong in that.  In fact, if I recall right, at the hospital, she told him to take care of Pari and Ovi. I agree none of her business what happens in the Arjun-Ovi marriage (wrote that yesterday in response to your post, highlighting it in case you missed it), she should let them to flounder, sink, swim or stay afloat, their call entirely.  

As for Ovi giving 100% to her marriage she was not earlier, she was recently making a successful attempt to do so and that is why I was beginning to soften towards her :) As to why Arjun is not giving his 100%,that is not the point of this discussion, this is about Purvi and Ovi not why Arjun is not keeping his end of the bargain.  You read my initial post to you in its entirety, I hope.  I did say there that Arjun owes his allegiance to his wife now.  Again, have high-lighted it, just in case.

Pari, I am glad you wanted my POV but would like to ask you to please dismiss any pre-conceived notions you may have about my slant on PR as you stated/implied that I want an ARVI re-union, that I do not blame Purvi and Arjun (along with Ovi) for the deal or that I do not want Arjun to stay true to his wife. These are not my opinions at all as I have been repeatedly and 'exhaustedly' saying.  

Jhanvi dear, I was no implying anything at all or mocking you for your views. I have every now and then re-iterated that I enjoy your views and hence ask for it. I don;t do that with anybody else who does not have an opinion like me. I assumed so because I do not read every post on this forum so when you defend Purvi that much I automatically feel like if she gets back with Arjun, it is in her and your interest. But glad to know we are on the same page about breaking marriages on this count :) I apologize if my tone did not come across as I intended it to and came off as strong, really was not my intention..I write in between work breaks so never get to edit or read through after writing a long post..maybe that's why. :)

Hillylovesoapwatcher1FireLordPhoenix.Senorita.

Not_a_fan Senior Member
Not_a_fan
Not_a_fan

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

Jhanvi, agreed it wasn't purvi's need or place to advice archana how to deal with ovi. I will concede also that purvi could agree to marry the guy who even though he told her he loved her--also hid the fact from her that he had given his word to another girl, leave alone her mother's estranged daughter, who got engaged in front of her and who kept up the engagement for a few months while continuing to profess his love for her. Let's say there was no one else in the world for her, and also that she had to get married to him so urgently--no not necessary to wait until ovi got out of her depression, not her sister not her problem especially when archana herself was least concerned about it. Why couldn't she wait until the divorce was finalized and the D clan left for canada? Of course, her mother insisted and she couldn't say no. All of this, I will concede--chalo, she's only following her heart and her aai's orders.

Why then the insistence on manav doing the kanyadaan? Manav was the dad who was trying to keep his depressed daughter from doing something stupid while her mother and aaji were making preparations for a super-fast grand wedding with the guy who was supposed to marry the same daughter, this while also dealing with the divorce which he wanted done and all the obstacles created by purvi herself. Did she really think of anyone but herself here? She wanted manav, but not the rest of the family that came with him? If she was set on marrying arjun, she should have known that Manav could not be a part of her happiness. She did not know ovi was depressed and suicidal, but she knew manav's feelings on her betrothal right? He had made it very clear to all of them. She also knew the marriage was making relations of her mom with D clan worse, she knew that. Her mom did not care for it, she accepted that. But purvi didn't. She still wanted manav, but how could she have him as her dad when she was marrying his daughter's ex-fiance? Nothing changed for her when ovi presented the deal to her, she already knew the facts as they were. Yes, she got hope that not going through the marriage will stop the divorce. That should have been obvious---without arjun-purvi marriage, the divorce would be open for dialogue atleast. With their marriage happening, there was no way for reconciliation.

And really, for anyone with any kind of sense, she had several weapons in her arsenal she could have used instead of not only agreeing to the deal but getting arjun and ovi married. She knew that archana had not signed the divorce papers, maybe that info would not have stopped the divorce by itself but telling that vital info to somebody would have made them curious. That's what happened with teju--she realized that savita had signed the divorce papers and not archana, she did some investigation and uncovered the truth. The other thing is the deal itself. Ovi asked purvi to stop the marriage in exchange of archana's acceptance in their lives. Purvi could have just stopped the wedding, whether for the moment or forever, she needn't have forced arjun to marry ovi. Ovi couldn't have expected that purvi would actually arrange arjun-ovi wedding, she wanted and asked her to stop arjun-purvi wedding itself. She clearly said--"tum bas arjun ko chod do". Of course, purvi took it one step further and not only stopped her own wedding but got ovi married to him. And finally, she could have just told her they had already had intimate relation-that would have probably stopped Ovi in her tracks. or she could have just flat out refused Ovi, gone ahead with the wedding without suddenly thinking about family reconciliation and worried about it later. It wasn't that she was put on a spot right at the muhurat either that she had to make a hasty decision, she had 48 hours to think and make a decision. And she took this decision, nuff said.

pari87HillyloveFireLordPhoenix.Senorita.

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pari87

Jhanvi, I have not been around on this forum forever, hence I have to assume what you mean because you do pull for Purvi a lot and majorly so I simply assumed you do not hold her responsible for the deal as much as you hold Ovi. Hence, the assumption. anyway, I do agree with you on this that all 3 are responsible. ;)

haha, this is a case of miscommunication or misunderstanding actually..I thought you referred to Arjun coming clean on the party day not Ovi. As for Ovi coming clean, I don't call it coming clean. I just call it acceptance of her marriage failure and ready to move on. Arjun had always had a chance to walk out of this marriage. He loved Purvi and Ovi loved Arjun, Tell me who "needed" to divorce more? But anyway, clearly we agree that Arjun is a most spineless lover and husband both, so let us rejoice on that agreement :) 

Dear Jhanvi, Purvi could think that she has reigns of her mother's relationship with her husband in her hands, so why not the thought spared for kids? You cannot hold her mighty for one, and unconcerned for the other. Purvi knew Ovi had committed suicide. Any woman, any lady, would feel this knowing that her fiance JUST broke up with another girl. Purvi had broken up with Vinay, she should for one know how breaking off an engagement feels like. But she was busy romancing, not sparing a thought for a fellow girl who was just dumped for her sake. She had slapped Arjun righteously for having fooled her and Ovi both, so what suddenly made her feel alright about getting married hurriedly while other daughter was still dealing with it. She chooses her causes and that is not mahaan, because that is her convenience. 

Jhanvi dear, I was no implying anything at all or mocking you for your views. I have every now and then re-iterated that I enjoy your views and hence ask for it. I don;t do that with anybody else who does not have an opinion like me. I assumed so because I do not read every post on this forum so when you defend Purvi that much I automatically feel like if she gets back with Arjun, it is in her and your interest. But glad to know we are on the same page about breaking marriages on this count :) I apologize if my tone did not come across as I intended it to and came off as strong, really was not my intention..I write in between work breaks so never get to edit or read through after writing a long post..maybe that's why. :)

My dear, didn't think you were mocking me just thought you had misunderstood me, and no worries, I hit send on my phone several times without re-reading too.  I have the day off so I have time today to highlight, quote and proof-read before I hit post reply.  Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Well, well, well! So many feisty young women - Janhvi, Pari, Kalapi et al - having a no holds barred joust is a treat for the gods,not to speak of mortals like myself. I was quite exhausted with all the parsing of motives, actions and responsibilities, but secretly a tad disappointed when 'peace out' was declared!Wink

Janhvi, your analysis of Ovi in a light shade of grey was  wonderfully  done and very perceptive. But for me, the only relevant thing is that by now I feel very,very sorry for her, and  disgusted with the self-exculpatory goings on of  the amar premis.

Janhvi, if you have the time and the inclination, I would like to have your take on the question I have posed once again, this time to Nandini, about the sharply differing standards applied widely  in this forum to Ovi and to Soham/Vishnu. Kalapi has already obliged on this, and so Pari, you too, please!

I have so far not contributed to the sparring on this thread, for there is nothing new that I could think of to share with you ladies. But  then I felt that something I wrote to the very intriguingly named archis_infinity on another of the Ovi threads might be relevant , even if of limited interest.So this is reproduced below.

Ciao, girls, and look sharp for the Monday episode, where Ovi spills the beans in grand style, as Arjun gapes, his mouth half open, and Onir and his mishti look dazed and having been thus suddenly  overtaken by events.

My prediction to my newest niece was as usual wrong. Or perhaps it wascorrect, come to think of it, since nothing happened in the episode itself. And maybe the precap too might, as usual,  be part of Ovi's imagination!

All that remains to be seen is if Onir's incredible assertion-  that while the parivaar might be hairaan after kearning of Arjun-Purvi's little galti and the consequence thereof, no one would blame her when they understood the reason for it  - - is  borne out by events (One presumes that he meantthe baby swap, not the roll on the wet, dirty boards in the shack, for  not even Onir, in his infinite broadmindedness, could go so far!).

It just might, at that. I would not put it beyond the CVs to whitewash all the galtis of Archana II and ensconce her on a handy pedestal, anointed as the tyaag ki devi.  It might not go so far as Arjun and Onir joining hands to do an aarti to their devi. But that would be the only mercy.

Shyamala

I too was  a tremendous supporter of Arjun - I have a son of around the same age - and  till he caved in on that hilltop to Purvi's bludgeoning emotional blackmail, I was one of his stoutest defenders against all comers. But that now seems like a distant dream,or perhaps an oasis in the dreary desert that PR is today. I have now come to terms with it, and the only person I like in PR these days is Onir, whose simple goodness -though he is irritatingly naive at times - I find both refreshing and reassuring. That is why I have stopped posting on my own threads; I do not have the heart for it any more.

The rest of them,except perhaps the cheeky, strong-minded Soham, get on my nerves big time. I never really liked Purvi, with her sanctimonious preaching about middle class sanskaars (all of which were thrown to the winds in that dirty wet shack, ugh. You will probably think I am a dinosaur, but you can have no idea how let down I felt when the truth came out. I had believed, and asserted, right till the end that Purvi could never betray her upbringing like that.). But now I cannot stand her, and the way she relentlessly uses the men - whether Arjun then and now, or Onir now - who have had the misfortune to love her more than they love themselves.

How can Purvi not spare a single thought to the likely wreckage of Onir's entire professional life - and a highly respected one - because of her folly in pushing him to make the baby swap? Agreed, he was seriously at fault there, just as Arjun was on that hilltop. But this does not lessen her sheer lack of consideration and caring for a man to whom she owes more than she can possibly repay. What do you think would have been her fate as an unwed  mother in Kolkata if he had not been there to lend her respectability by marrying her, with her illegitimate baby? How many men will do that?

I cannot accept the way in which Purvi uses people who care for her. As I wrote once, for her there are only 2 categories of persons: those for whom she will do anything - her mother, her aaji, her Manav baba, Ovi, Soham, and perhaps Teju - and those to whom she will do anything to protect the interests of the first group - and that is the two I like best, Arjun and Onir. Not an admirable character at all.

But what else can you expect if a girl is told, day in and day out, that she can do no wrong? I was shellshocked at Onir's blind folly in not just accepting, but actively endorsing her pre-marital affair, her baby, and the baby swap. Archana was the same way with Purvi earlier. She is not around, but I would be interested in seeing the reactions of Sulochana and Manav to the revelations about Pari's parentage, given their blind endorsement of Purvi's sanskaars.

I  am sorry if I sound too harsh, but I can never forgive Purvi for what she has done to my poor, deluded Arjun. He was like a lamb led to the slaughter and she sacrificed him without a qualm. I never believed that she loved him as much as he loved her,. and I was proved right, alas! Plus  I do not like do-gooders who try to play God with the lives of others., and turn a blind eye to the collateral damage, in this case Arjun and Onir.

I do not care who slaps whom, but seeking the death of anyone is, for me, beyond the pale. But don't worry, sweetheart, the supporters of Arjun and Purvi far, far outnumber the others, and so I was a tad suprised by your lament about being in a minority. As for me, I am no one's fan, and I write what I feel, with the inevitable result that neither side likes me!Wink

Lastly, one cannot expect a woman who has just learnt that the baby she loves so much is not just not hers, but is the love child of her husband and his beloved, to be rational in her reaction to even a hand of genuine affection and support. A hurt puppy will bare its teeth and snarl at you even if you approach it to ease its suffering. I do believe that Ovi has changed, and I did not see her backing away angrily from Soham as an instance of recidivism.

She is not a little girl made of sugar and spice, is Ovi. As I noted earlier, I have been very sharp in  my criticism of her in the past. But I believe firmly in what is owed to a marriage and to the children of that marriage. So Arjun's continuing to moon after Purvi, and his sudden excessive affection for Pari only after he learns that she is Purvi's  child, and even more so his total disregard of his own dead child (he has a fleeting thought about it only once, and very late ) make me, to be frank, feel sick. So now I feel that Ovi is, at present, more sinned against than sinning.

Take care, my dear new niece, and if you can see this evening's proceedings as unintended comedy, you will be able to enjoy them! My prediction,. for what it is worth, is that it will all be a damp squib.

Shyamala Aunty

PS: If it is ok with you, please let me have your real name. Your id, though,is very intriguing!

Originally posted by archis_infinity

Dear Shyamala Aunty, Hope I can call you that as you are the much revered aunty on the forum. I am quite new in responding in this forum but have been a silent reader for a long time; I have had the privilege of reading and enjoying many of your posts before.  

I will be honest upfront with you that I am an ARVI/PURVI fan but it pains me to no extent to step on to this forum these days. There is much more contempt and name calling for Purvi (and Arjun to a lesser extent) in the forum than any one else.

As far as Ovi is concerned, I agree that she is growing up from where she was an year back but she cannot fully grow up if all the issues of her life are always others fault (esp ARVI) than her own. She feels she has everything in her life (till yesterday's episode) but she still slips back to her old selfish self now and then. But what has Arjun and Purvi done post marraige to earn any of Ovi's contempt?

After the infamous deal, Purvi and Arjun have born the cross of burying the love in their hearts and tried to move on. I am equally blaming everyone for the consequence of their stupid decisions but no one can deny the deep pain that Arjun and Purvi had to endure to be seperate from each other and trying to move on with their partners. 

While all of Ovi's past and present issues are being forgiven, ARVI don't get the same treatment. ARVI are not humans and their existence is purely to make OVI's life happy and contended. Ovi in the show doesn't know that Arjun and Purvi were intimate before Ovi/Arjun's marraige but the forum members do. 

It amuses me that there are many in the forum right now rejoicing on the fact that Purvi will be slapped in today's episode and Onir/Arjun will be shamed. I would not be surprised if there is betting or speculation on how many "thappads" Purvi will be receiving. 

Originally posted by sashashyam

Dear Nandini,

You are a professional in this field and I am merely an observer, but even for you, there is no way of proving a negative and no way of deciding why any one person does what he or she does.  Anyone can doubt anything, but that does not amount to proof.

In the case of Ovi, there is such a relentless determination in large chunks of the forum  to hate her that informed and balanced discourse goes out of the window. We even have members openly and unhesitatingly demanding that she should commit suicide and, in effect, approving of the death of her baby as well deserved punishment for Ovi.

Well, I have been a very trenchant critic of Ovi in the past, but now all I can say is that my heart goes out to her. Just as my blood boils when I read these ugly death wishes, which, the Mods have been kind enough to inform us today, are permissible so long as they do not amount to 'extreme violence", whatever that might be. Probably a menu card for ways of disposing of Ovi and, next, of Onir - by cutting them up into hundreds of pieces or having them run over by a tram?

I am also puzzled by the unremitting hostility towards Ovi, no matter that she has come a long way from her old self,  whereas Soham/Vishnu, who is unquestionably guilty of verymuch more serious crimes like kidnapping and extortion, is accepted with open arms for having turned over a new leaf. Is it because women are soft on goodlooking young men, as someone explained it, whereas they are always very hard on one of their own gender? Especially someone presuming to diivide the anointed couple? Who, incidentally, seem to have no intention of seeking a punarmilan. Strange.

Shyamala B.Cowsik.

[QUOTE=nandininandu]I sympathize with Ovi for her stillbirth and more importantly for fact she was never informed. Leaving this, is she really deserves pity?? For me its a NO, She deserves all this, precisely she called for all this. Being a psychologist i still doubt, Is she crying out of maternal love for child or for missing a "strong reason" that keeps her binded with A. And for many who feel, she lost child with JUST due to accident, plz she has a High Risk Pregency; Onir has done further damage control. It makes no sense to me, Why she is holding onto a loveless marriage??

Edited by sashashyam - 12 April 2013 at 1:45pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87tejaswiniwenhamznursinghsoapwatcher1FireLordPhoenix

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Shyamala, I saw your name and asked, "is it Grundsaudaag?" LOLThat is how excited I get when I see your posts these days, they are so few and far between.  Had to say peace out because I was getting weary of repeating myself a myriad times over.  

Very interesting question there, why the differential treatment for Soham?  I will bravely venture to take a shot in the dark and conjecture why there could be this alleged leniency towards Soham.

Viewers have seen Soham as a baby much more than they have seen Ovi, there is a an anxiety and an attachment to the baby that was kidnapped and removed from his parents so rudely.  He is bad, my ladla, but he was raised such by his maayi and Balan.  His fate was doomed, sealed when Varsha ran away with him, he is illiterate, is a goon but still exhibits utmost respect for his "mother" and "father". His bad deeds are only hearsay, they do not make as much of an impact because we do not directly see them.  What we did see, his kidnapping of Purvi, turned in his favor because he was within limited means a gentleman (in that he did not manhandle her) and "nice" (for lack of a better word" to her.  When he met Archana and took her ashirwad, there was a genuineness about him, he did not know who she was, he was pulled to her every time he saw her, in court, outside, it was palpable.  He was ready to acknowledge thanks to Purvi when she did not point him out to the cops in the purse lifting case.  He was chivalrous enough to fight the goondas off Purvi when she was accosted by them on the road. His remorse on shooting his Aai was sincere, his anguish for Ovi was touching, he seems to care for both his sisters (and his family) without any ulterior motive.  His being easy on the eye and most viewers being female might be an added factor as you say.

Coming to Ovi (not bashing here, just the facts as I see them), she is portrayed as a selfish, girl whose only goal in life is Arjun, she seems to have no care for anyone else. Remember her first visit to the chawl and the K house and her hoity toity behavior?  Remember her requiring Archana to ma'am her, this when she had no reason to hate Archana (she was unaware that the lady was her Aai), her sharp reprimand when Archana addressed her as Ovi once, her high-handedness when it came to Purvi, Punni, the office staff, asking Archana to procure food for her even.  The character was not portrayed in a likeable fashion at all.  Then her harkaths with Purvi, the check giving, the drinking when pregnant, and the insolent behavior even after her marriage, the baby pooja incident where she accused Purvi of theft and her continued drinking to that day all left behind a sour taste.  Once a viewer develops a partiality or a bias it is hard to change that unless there is a total about face.  Ovi was turning a new leaf  in the last few weeks, she was beginning to get likeable but the CVs may have thrown a monkey wrench into that transformation process if stories of her disappearing for a while are to be believed.  No fault of the actress, she is doing a marvelous job depicting her lost soul and betrayal, I feel for her too.  

There, Shyamala, I have answered your question to the best of my abilityWink

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 12 April 2013 at 11:59pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

xxxnmsashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Janhvi dearest,

You never fail to startle me - why the dive into Dutch for the Groundhog's Day? Or is it the local patois in your parts? This said, I am deeply flattered, and I can, honestly, say that I feel exactly the same. It has something to do with our shared love for nuances, whether in language or in analysis, plus of course our passion for capping each other's quotations!

I do see the validity of the reasoning you have offered, and I would go along with it. The problem that the CVs have created for themselves with Soham/Vishnu is that his misdeeds were very serious -the old Hindi film directors stuck safely to pickpocketing -  but they had a shadowy, unreal quality. Except when he plays a professional kidnapper to the hilt. snarling at Manav and taunting him, and shooting at Arjun quite unnecessarily in the end of that exercise.

He was no reluctant recruit to the ranks of crime. He really enjoyed his life style. and to me, his sudden conversion to virtue seems far more unreal than Ovi's about turn.

Besides, I never could understand how large chunks of the forum could gloss over his crimes - and they were serious crimes - just because he looked so cute as a baby. I am sure many serial killers also looked very cute as babies, so should they be drooled over now?

I am convinced that if Soham had looked now like Jignesh, we would not have had even a fraction of the empathy so freely lavished on him. Similarly, if Arjun had looked like Manav. there would not have been so many passionate fans for Arjun-Purvi. Why them blame men for falling for a dishy  number- women are just the same!WinkAs for me,  I like Soham for relative reasons, because he is at least cheeky and not lachrymose like all the rest; Arjun looks mostly  like a wet rag these days.

I also suspect that if Ovi had been much better looking and glamorous, and could cry prettily like Archana, she would, even if she had been far more cleverly negative,  have acquired a fan following bewitched by her sultry appeal, and not just the stray men in the forum. But she was both childishly unpleasant and not very easy on the eyes., a dismal combination. Whence the indelibly negative reaction to her, based on very little attention to current  facts and even less to rational  assessment. Plus, most people do not distinguish between the actor and the character, though Shruti acts very well these days, witness the way she looks at Arjun when he is apologising for having forgotten their anniversary.

In this context, did you see my post on the Dhundhle Rang thread? It was an amazing exercise in self-delusion, but very prettily put and thus a pleasure to read. Some people see only what they want to see.

This is not to say I do not want Arjun and Purvi to get together, if only for the sake of Onir's salvation before his Mishti  destroys him completely. Given the current level of his blind obsession with her, even if he is jailed (though, strangely enough, Mittal seems to have no idea of trying to reopen the case against him), I am sure he will act like the old Bolsheviks did when they were arrested and jailed by Stalin during the post-Lenin purges of the Old Guard in the Party. They could never believe that it was Stalin who had ordered their incarceration, and they used to write Long Live Comrade Stalin! on the walls of their cells, and in their blood. Onir will do the same, but not, I hope, in blood!Wink

Shyamala

Shyamala, I saw your name and asked, "is it Grundsaudaag?" LOLThat is how excited I get when I see your posts these days, they are so few and far between.  Had to say peace out because I was getting weary of repeating myself a myriad times over.  

Very interesting question there, why the differential treatment for Soham?  I will bravely venture to take a shot in the dark and conjecture why there could be this alleged leniency towards Soham.

Viewers have seen Soham as a baby much more than they have seen Ovi, there is a an anxiety and an attachment to the baby that was kidnapped and removed from his parents so rudely.  He is bad, my ladla, but he was raised such by his maayi and Balan.  His fate was doomed, sealed when Varsha ran away with him, he is illiterate, is a goon but still exhibits utmost respect for his "mother" and "father". His bad deeds are only hearsay, they do not make as much of an impact because we do not directly see them.  What we did see, his kidnapping of Purvi, turned in his favor because he was within limited means a gentleman (in that he did not manhandle her) and "nice" (for lack of a better word" to her.  When he met Archana and took her ashirwad, there was a genuineness about him, he did not know who she was, he was pulled to her every time he saw her, in court, outside, it was palpable.  He was ready to acknowledge thanks to Purvi when she did not point him out to the cops in the purse lifting case.  He was chivalrous enough to fight the goondas off Purvi when she was accosted by them on the road. His remorse on shooting his Aai was sincere, his anguish for Ovi was touching, he seems to care for both his sisters (and his family) without any ulterior motive.  His being easy on the eye and most viewers being female might be an added factor as you say.

Coming to Ovi (not bashing here, just the facts as I see them), she is portrayed as a selfish, girl whose only goal in life is Arjun, she seems to have no care for anyone else. Remember her first visit to the chawl and the K house and her hoity toity behavior?  Remember her requiring Archana to ma'am her, this when she had no reason to hate Archana (she was unaware that the lady was her Aai), her sharp reprimand when Archana addressed her as Ovi once, her high-handedness when it came to Purvi, Punni, the office staff, asking Archana to procure food for her even.  The character was not portrayed in a likeable fashion at all.  Then her harkaths with Purvi, the check giving, the drinking when pregnant, and the insolent behavior even after her marriage, the baby pooja incident where she accused Purvi of theft and her continued drinking to that day all left behind a sour taste.  Once a viewer develops a partiality or a bias it is hard to change that unless there is a total about face.  Ovi was turning a new leaf  in the last few weeks, she was beginning to get likeable but the CVs may have thrown a monkey wrench into that transformation process if stories of her disappearing for a while are to be believed.  No fault of the actress, she is doing a marvelous job depicting her lost soul and betrayal, I feel for her too.  

There, Shyamala, I have answered your question to the best of my abilityWink

Edited by sashashyam - 13 April 2013 at 2:47am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1

Go to top