India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Ovi is too much DT note pg19 (Page 24)

rayadallie IF-Dazzler
rayadallie
rayadallie

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Soapwatcher I want to congratulate you on putting up a very good debate today. I enjoyed reading all of it.

I did not bother to interrupt as you made excellent points and you put them over better than I would have.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chinyeresoapwatcher1aathyaprityy89

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 7:34am | IP Logged
hilly , what is important in an engagement is not just the exchange of the rings , and the technical rituals but the blessings of the elders  the agreement between two families and most importantly the 'yes' between the couple .

All these things were there in the AROVI decision to get married .

That way even a 'technically ' finished engagement can be broken before marraige if things do not work out ...that loop hole is there even in indian families but it is done rarely and brings about lot of embarassment in society and pain .

Purvi's engagement to Vinay was broken thus .

Why engagement , Purvi broke off with Arjun after the technically done engagement .

So yes , Purvi came in between someone else's commitment and the reason given then was 'helplessly in love', 'true love' , 'heart that is not in control' etc but all that was quickly managed when Archana's happiness was considered later .

Exactly the same  way the right time to tell all quickly came when Sulochana's security was threatened .

SW you and I  looking at another man is different and like you even i am happily married . The serial however shows that Arjun was not just a random man , but her ex with whom she had sex and she ensured that her husband was sleeping to sneak out and eyelock with him . I  think the song Darmiyaan was in both's heads .

The entire character of Purvi is hiding or suppressing her real feelings and trying to do what she feels is the right thing ...mind u  i am not saying it is the right thing but what she feels is the right thing . She admits to her real motives later . She admitted to Archana she cannot bear to see him with another woman . She left town to hide her pregnancy but told all she was doing it for Ovi and later admitted to the real cause . I really don't know her purpose in coming back and i am willing to give her the BOD here but many on KC  feel that it was an unconscious attempt to be closer to Arjun as it was their child .

But i am not ready to give her the BOD  for not leaving for Kolkata later but listening to Sulochana and continuing to live there . There were many many opportunities even before the Mittal case started.  The truth is she grew rather comfortable there and this was a nice way of being near Pari .

Ovi should have married someone else like Onir you say . Then she would have the kala tikkas and feet presses .LOL Well  perhaps she would have if Purvi had refused the deal flatly and told her that Arjun is not 'tumhara Arjun ' anymore  we r wayyy too intimate now  , infact i am returning after having sex with him and i woudn't think you would want him back now .

Who knows ? Ovi would have cried but turned back and later found an Onir ?

That chance was denied to her exactly the way the chance to mourn her dead baby was denied to her ?

Kalapi HugHugi understand completely coz my mother suffered this 3 times ...one baby died exactly on the namkaran day . This is the real loss  , notwhat some say Purvi felt upon seeing her man with another woman etc . That is so negligible before this . Savita suffered it when Sachin died . 

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 12 April 2013 at 7:37am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

HillyloveKalapiznursinghFireLordPhoenixanu rulz.Senorita.

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 7:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rayadallie

Soapwatcher I want to congratulate you on putting up a very good debate today. I enjoyed reading all of it.

I did not bother to interrupt as you made excellent points and you put them over better than I would have.

Rayadallie, thank you for the very kind words, I enjoyed everyone of your posts very much as well.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

prityy89

purvim Goldie
purvim
purvim

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crystalmoon

OMG 
i cant belive people are still blaming ovi ,ovi never asked purvi  that give me your child it was purvi's mahanta .she just came to know that she lost her child a child about which she knows nothing about(not even the gender), and was raising her husband and sauten/behen child. if anyone is the victim here it is ovi not arjun and not purvi . purvi never loved arjun  she gave up on him n the day of their wedding the only person who loved arjun whole heartedly then it was ovi she loved him since she was 14 she didn't give up on him even till the last day of his marriage she fought for him i know her methods were wrong but as they say all is fair in love and war.
agar woh Arjun ko chahti thi aur chahti hai to woh Arjun ko uske past ke sath Kyun nahin apnea shakati? Aur Dusri baat Kyun woh kabhi Arjun ka bharosa jeet nahi paayi Arjun uske sath kuchh shar kar shake?tiisri aur aakhri baat agar woh Aaj Bhi Arjun se Yaa apne bachche ko pyaar karti hai to woh Arjun aur uske Atit ko Samajne ka prayas karti.bkam se kam Jo beti uski god mein aayi hai usko woh samhaalati. Haan apni. Beti ko Khone ka dard hota par woh dard ko itna pyaar deti ki Arjun ko ovi ke sath hi rahena padata par ovi ne sab kuchh apne haatho se hi khoya hai. Rahi onir ki baat to iss mein hum onir. Ka dosh Kyun nikale?
soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Kools, there was no engagement in Canada, I hold though a word given should be a deed done hence my grouse against Arjun for not telling Ovi earlier. Purvi did not come in between the two because at that point she did not even know about Ovi's existence.
I need to re-watch the darmiyaan epi, I cannot imagine a married woman looking at another man just as I cannot approve of the pre-marital relations or even the physical relations with a wife one doesn't love. Put it down to an idealistic or prudish view on love.

I agree Purvi probably felt good her grandma asked her to stay back as this way she could be closer to Pari. But nothing wrong in having two reasons to stay back, her Aai and Pari. Similarly, her reasons for leaving Mumbai were two-fold, she had just found out she was pregnant and had realized what a hasty decision she had taken and felt bad to see the father of her baby with another woman and so left town. The reason doesn't have to be one or the other, it can be both.

No, Ovi not finding an Onir can be placed at Purvi's door, that blame should be placed squarely on the Ds. They should have advised Ovi to forget Arjun. The girls were both young and foolhardy could be the dubious excuse, the elders in he household should have known better.

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 12 April 2013 at 8:06am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

meeranairpurvim

purvim Goldie
purvim
purvim

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rayadallie

Everyone must sympathize with ovi for loosing her child despite her own negligence but no one should sympathize with the mother who decide against abortion and kept her child out of wedlock and give it away to the mother who lost her child so that she could be happy and not be devastated. talk about society and discrimination.
mother? Woh kabhi achchi mother thi hi nahi. Agar achchi mother hoti to jab woh praggi thi tab drinks nahi piti, woh khud ko maa banana chahti hi nahi thi. Onir ke aake use sambhala. Aur jab accident hua tab Arjun car Chala raha tha. Aur jab use pata tha ki purvi ne uske baby ko dude pila diya hai tab woh yeh Kyun nahi samjh parayi ki purvi ne apnea backchat khoya hai isi liye aisa kar diya. Aaj achanak yaad keise aaya ki use apnea bachcha khoya hai.
purvim Goldie
purvim
purvim

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ilovedhanjanird

Lol not again, now a woman cant even mourn the loss of her dead child?
Arjun doesnt have to because he has one baby of his own already
Unfortunately Ovi wasnt prego by two men 
She lost her first love for purvi 
Then purvi even snatched the right from ovi to see her stillborn much less mourn the babys loss
The same argument again and again and again 
Ovi placing the deal makes her the culprit 
But the people goiing through the deal are saints 
I have said this before and saying this again 
I dont expect logic and proper judgement in this forum
Everyone is too busy wanting an arvi reunion they now are happy a woman is weeping the death of her lost child
Or people blaming ovi nt taking care of the child 
Her baby died because of the accident not for carelessness

Pyaar par kisi ka zor nahi chalta. Tum yeh nahi kahe shaketein ki agar tum us insaan se Pyaar kartein ho to koi aur NIH kar shakya. Jab Arjun purvi ki zindgi mein aaya tha tab Arjun ka cosh tha ki usne purvi ko ovi ke sath ki sagas ke bare mein kuchh nahi bataya tha. To hum Kyun bear mein purvi ko cosh de?
koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Purvi did come in between coz later she knew the facts but truly backed out only when Archana was considered  she should have backed out much earlier if family truly meant so much to her ...not after the sex  on the wedding day .

She should have told Ovi that now they were way too intimate ...she did not . The D's r not to be blamed in this at all . They r worthy of blame only if after knowing truly she has lost Arjun they would still have sat on their behinds and not looked for proposals for Ovi . They hardly had time  the moment they landed in India  this tamasha started and before they knew it first Purvi was marrying Arjun then Ovi married Arjun .

Nothing wrong in wanting to stay near mother and Pari is for normal moms SW not for unwed moms with torrid pasts that can wreck lives . Besides the way she has lived in maika in mama maami's sansaar is very very shameful in middle class Maharashtrian society SW ...and its clever of the CVs carefully not to show wagging tongues .

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

HillyloveKalapiFireLordPhoenix.Senorita.

Go to top