India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Ovi is too much DT note pg19 (Page 16)

strega Groupbie
strega
strega

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
In my mind, the question is not who is right Ovi or Purvi.. The discussion should not be who is MORE wrong. Both have made mistakes. No woman deserves to lose a child and no woman deserves to feel obligated to give up her child. 

I know the topic is about Ovi - but since it has digressed to Purvi, let me take it further - I have always maintained that Arjun is the main one who has been instrumental in the situation being what it is. He was the only one who knew Ovi and Purvi were sisters and had a complicated family situation. He went ahead and confessed to loving one sister while being obligated to the other. He compounded it by his stupidity again and again culminating in the ultimate idiocy on that famous hilltop. 

And what kind of guy marries someone because his fiancee tells him to do so and worse what kind of guy sleeps with someone because he is told ?? Sorry, cannot buy the argument he did it for his ex.  He did it because he wanted to at some level. Now, buddy, deal with the mess. Neither girl deserves a wimp.

Onir's agreeing to baby swap has him in the wrong too. In my mind though, he has done far more good overall in the scheme of things. And is the least responsible for the mess. He has aided and abetted trying to clear up a mess not of his doing. 

The only truly innocent party in all this is baby Pari and the poor stillborn baby. One is going to end up being tossed around and/or badmouthed all her life and the other never got a chance.

In Tamil, there is a saying (I am going to butcher this and someone like Shyamala can probably do better) - the one who survives is the one who dies at birth. I think you get the drift.

The only character that is interesting to me these days is Soham. Ankit is doing a wonderful job. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

rajvtadiana72soapwatcher1TiyaliFireLordPhoenix.Senorita.Justlikethat1

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by strega

In my mind, the question is not who is right Ovi or Purvi.. The discussion should not be who is MORE wrong. Both have made mistakes. No woman deserves to lose a child and no woman deserves to feel obligated to give up her child. 

I know the topic is about Ovi - but since it has digressed to Purvi, let me take it further - I have always maintained that Arjun is the main one who has been instrumental in the situation being what it is. He was the only one who knew Ovi and Purvi were sisters and had a complicated family situation. He went ahead and confessed to loving one sister while being obligated to the other. He compounded it by his stupidity again and again culminating in the ultimate idiocy on that famous hilltop. 

And what kind of guy marries someone because his fiancee tells him to do so and worse what kind of guy sleeps with someone because he is told ?? Sorry, cannot buy the argument he did it for his ex.  He did it because he wanted to at some level. Now, buddy, deal with the mess. Neither girl deserves a wimp.

Onir's agreeing to baby swap has him in the wrong too. In my mind though, he has done far more good overall in the scheme of things. And is the least responsible for the mess. He has aided and abetted trying to clear up a mess not of his doing. 

The only truly innocent party in all this is baby Pari and the poor stillborn baby. One is going to end up being tossed around and/or badmouthed all her life and the other never got a chance.

In Tamil, there is a saying (I am going to butcher this and someone like Shyamala can probably do better) - the one who survives is the one who dies at birth. I think you get the drift.

The only character that is interesting to me these days is Soham. Ankit is doing a wonderful job. 

Bingo!!!!! I wrote abt this when Arjun fell for the Indian Novelty Purvi...he knew Ovi-Purvi both were Archana's daughter..Should have known he was doing wrong involving 2 sister by pinning them against each other...He could have curbed his urge to surge...He was stupid. Dk had nonchallant attitude abt the whole thing and ArMan both believed Arjun Purvi more than their own daughter Ovi...Rest my case..

Onir is as bad as Arjun in letting a woman tell him what to do which could jeapordize his medical career & ethics...

Woman or Man can ask the partner to do what ever but the one who is at fault is the one who does it by listening ...No matter how wrong it is but still goes ahead and does it..

That is manav, Arjun & Onir all 3 Ullus, Lallus IMHO

Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 April 2013 at 3:33pm

pari87KalapiHillyloveFireLordPhoenixJustlikethat1.Senorita.koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
What the Trinity did to Ovi was vicious . Purvi is going around saying she did this and that for Ovi's bhalayi but she had no problems getting married to her fiancee at one time even though it was aggravating the hostility between two families and i don't buy the 'helplessly in love' bull coz it went in one day when Archana's happinesss was mentioned and now whenever she speaks to Arjun it is only matlab ki baat and an irritated look like 'get on with it and be fast please' .

Archana had not even seen her kids for 18 years with her own choice and again with her own choice chose to hurt her kid deeply by rooting for her fiancee's marraige with her adopted daughter ...just imagine what her kids must have felt ...after coming from Canada after 18 years Archana was showing them attitude by rubbing wedding cards that opened their wounds on their faces and asking their father for lots of money in the divorce . She was plain vicious .

Sulochana was gettting her own back ...she was mighty miffed that for 18 years this family had not buckled before her sainted daughter who had done a case and pulled her damad in court . Sulochana , i am sorry to say , is a worst kind of feminist who believes in emasculating men and keeping them firmly in her control . So she went purposefully there to rub it in and invite them for the engagement . She revelled in being vicious . Sulochana had slapped Manav , Sachu all male members of Savita's household .

This vicious behaviour resulted in 2 things ...extreme depression , and then lashing out . The suicide attempt happened first ...nobody bothered . Then the lashing out via the deal happened .

I will never fault her for the deal the way others do as this viciousness is unbearable for me . No amount of handsomeness , beauty , chemistry nullifies it . The Trinity was vicious and got exactly what they deserved when Ovi upset their bullying and refused to roll over , only sad thing was she got badly badly mauled herself in the fight coz the two stupid men who could have really made her win by giving her their support ...Manav and Arjun were weak and already sold .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 11 April 2013 at 4:04pm

pari87KalapiHillyloveFireLordPhoenixTiyali.Senorita.Dabulls23

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 4:18pm | IP Logged

Double post, removed...

Edited by Kalapi - 11 April 2013 at 4:25pm
Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

I  am one of the  few that don't think the deal was  wrong at all . I am not sure but i think Kalapi thinks the same . I think it was wrong for by doing that deal she gave Arjun way too much importance  , no woman should give a man her 100 % ...she should always keep some of her part only to herself as the man then takes you for granted . Which is exactly what happened here . I  always said it was wrong for different reasons ...not for the reasons the forum thought it was . And no  I  am not saying Ovi was right coz i am an Ovi fan . Believe it or not  i am no one's fan and don't mind the divorce .  Ovi owed nothing to Archana who abandoned her so the argument 'how could she trade her mother ' is baseless in my eyes ...father was not betrayed as she was getting what her father desired , she showed Purvi up and really  , it was high time some one fought the vicious Trinity like a cat and clawed them . Where she went wrong was in giving too much importance to Arjun . At the end of it all , it was not worth it ...they would have suffered their own karmas . 

Oh absolutely Big smile, I don't think the deal was wrong from any sense. How could I, when the exchange was fair (although Purvi did give Ovi tainted product as the story progressed Wink). That is why I could never hold Ovi responsible. She gave a fair offer. In doing that she showed how sharp her thinking was (as I said before too, and also to Zoya later). She achieved her and Baba's happiness, whom she cared about a lot too. What she did, in the process though, she gave way more importance to Arjun than herself (so agree with  you Kool here too -absolutely Big smile). This is where I feel she compromised her self-respect (and needs a healthy infusion of that most important ingredient - said that somewhere too Big smile). Btw, she is so much...er...loved Winkhere in the forum, is because by doing the deal, she really showed the depth of amar prem between the amar premis...

Oh, nor do I find her selfish...and if she is, so is Purvi and Arjun Big smile

Add: I said that since Arjun didn't know about the deal - he was lead by both girls. For since he is married to, he had the right to know. But, Arjun didn't marry Ovi because of Ovi, but because Purvi told him to marry Ovi, he never even ask why Purvi wants him to marry Ovi??? Strange Shocked.  So, if the quotient of Dhokha is to be measured - I feel Dhokha comes from Purvi, much more than Ovi. Now, luckily, this lallu comes to know of his Dhokha at his wedding night - well, then what did he do ---Unhappy, oh well rest is historyBig smile

Edited by Kalapi - 11 April 2013 at 4:26pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87HillyloveFireLordPhoenix.Senorita.koolsadhu1000

ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Sorry but I had to come back to check this thread and I am still amazed by the many responses of how Ovi deserved it
Ovi is a woman , before any other role she plays in others' lives she is a woman and no woman deserves a dead child
As for a loveless marriage , she knew it all along
But if I were Ovi , I would do the same thing , I would place the deal and I have maintained it from day 1. I don't blame Purvi for accepting the deal either , I would have done the same thing for my mom. But if I were Arjun , I would go beg Ovi to leave me alone and stop ruining my life . I would tell Purvi she can't ruin my life and dig a grave of loveless marriage for her mother and father to reunite. I am not obliged.
As for Ovi , when she thought Arjun and Purvi were sneaking around .. I would be more calm and not slap Purvi in front of everyone but I would ask her what she wants
If I were Purvi I would reveal my pregnancy because for a mother , the baby comes first
Yes maybe that would be a homewrecker step but then Arjun and Ovi were married only for law
While Ovi reacts too much , for the first time I think she reacted exactly how anyone in her place would have reacted
Purvi's baby donation is not justified . I understand she have the kid to her biological father but still someone else was raising her as their own
How could she ?
The biggest victim of all this is pari
Purvi was better aborting her then make her a doll and throw into someone else's arms who didn't even know she is not their biological child

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87cs-07FireLordPhoenix.Senorita.Justlikethat1Dabulls23

strega Groupbie
strega
strega

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
Whether the deal was "right" or "wrong" is moot. When you treat human emotions like a financial transaction or deal, the same rules begin to apply - "caveat emptor" - or once a deal is struck, you are, hmmm, stuck. 

The question then becomes where you go from there. Where Ovi faltered is that while she was willing to strike a deal, she was unwilling to live by the consequences of that transaction. Purvi, on the other hand, did - she went away even though she could have broken the deal. 

And please note that I am NOT talking about the baby swapping at all. And I think all 3 are complete idiots.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

xxxnmchinyeresoapwatcher1

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Kalapi]

Since now many have said that Ovi got what she deserved, right. Jaise karni waise barni'So, her equation is done and as some put it, a dead baby is more than justice done to her for a mere deal, right?

If that is true, shouldn't Purvi have justice done too ' shouldn't she get the taste of her own medicineBig smile? She did act God and ruined Ovi's happiness and her right to mourn her baby. Shouldn't she gets her dues ' at least in the form of a few slaps and be ostracized from the family??? When will get justice be meted out to her, for emotionally blackmailing Arjun and ruining both Arjun and Ovi's life?? When will justice be meted out to her for ruining the reputation of a good Doctor and taking him for granted? When will justice be meted out to her for her pack of lies??  I ask when???? When?????

I ask when justice be meted to Onir for playing with his profession and patient doctor confidentiality?? When???

/QUOTE]

All in good time, Kalapi.  Purvi has already paid, she gave away Arjun be it for her mother but has suffered by realizing that she was pregnant by the very man she handed away so easily.  She had to carry his "paap ki nishani" as some have referred to it.  No girl who loved a man and was carrying his baby knowing he was with her sister would have had an easy time emotionally.  

Purvi will pay for the baby switch, she has regretted at moments the donation of the baby and will realize how reckless and unthinking it was to not only give away her baby but not afford Ovi a chance to mourn her baby loss. 

Onir has paid for the baby switch at least partly, he was jailed for organ trafficking, what an embarrassment and humiliation for a man who follows his profession so honorably.  He will fall from his pedestal when the truth outs and the family will throw daggers at him. 

Arjun has paid for his dilly dallying dalliance, he is tied for life to a girl he does not love but cannot leave.  He has to watch his loved one with another man.  He is paying, alright.

Ovi has paid too (and please no, not referring to her delivering a still-born) by realizing that she did not win all in this game of chance that she initiated.  The stakes were stacked high against her before the game began, such is the play of karma when intentions are evil. 

The lady holding the balance of justice is blind-folded and does not take sides like us mere mortals so they will all pay in their own time and in their own way for their follies.  

Go to top