Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hillylove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

I do not think it was salvaging at all, it was stooping low and underselling herself.  If she were in any way related to me, I would have comforted her over her loss (Arjun, I mean) and encouraged her to forget him.  No man is worth belittling oneself like that, period.  She only hurt herself further in the bargain, why open herself to more hurt?  if the guy didn't want her, why want him? Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

Your second paragraph, I agree with completely, it was wrong of Purvi to do the baby switch and to pretend her own baby is dead is weird to say the least.

As I said before Ovi should not have lowered her standards to that level.  However, she is not totally wrong because she had no obligation to anyone, and no one cared what she was going through.  I cannot judge anyone in such a situation.
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hillydee

My dear I was genuinely not pointing fingers at you, that was not my intention.  I was really enjoying the debate. I just don't understand why the breaking of an engagement is dealt with and seen as no big deal based on the reality of Indian traditions. 

Because there was "technically" no engagement when Purvi fell in love with Arjun.  The exchanging of rings is not typically binding in itself.  The religious ceremony, the exchanging of patrikas, the setting of a wedding date all those are what constitute an "engagement" per se if we look at it traditionally.  Of course, this is a soap and the CVs, whoever they are, take a lot of liberties with everything. 
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hillydee

As I said before Ovi should not have lowered her standards to that level.  However, she is not totally wrong because she had no obligation to anyone, and no one cared what she was going through.  I cannot judge anyone in such a situation.

Yes,her family did turn a blind eye to her constant cry for help.  Whether her actions were justified or not is moot, she made herself more miserable tying her lot to that of a man who did not want her, not a good spot to be in.  

Turning in, goodnight. 
Edited by soapwatcher1 - 11 years ago
Hillylove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Well at the end of the day, Arjun was considered Ovi's fiancee. Arjun himself told Purvi he was engaged. 

I have never faulted Purvi for falling in love before she knew the reality, my problem was how she dealt with it after and how the whole family dealt with it. That was not good behaviour at all. 

I would not want to spoil Purvi's happiness, but the whole situation was a horrible mess, and Ovi got the bad end of the stick.  

I have stated many times before that Ovi had abandonment issues, and that is why I understand why she did what she did, even though I would not have done that myself.  Her scene at her Mother's bedside proved that I was right about her issues.

Any ways, Good Night Take care.
arvifanalways thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am not sure how can anyone feel sympathy for an obsessed blackmailer. She drank heavily through the majority of her pregnancy, now we are supposed to forget how is treated purvi, arjun, archana and her unborn baby at the time because all she ever cared about is her own self. She only knows how to take and not how to give . It is time she returned arjun and pari to purvi
crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The reason she said dhoka because she doesnt know that arjun and purvi had sex before the marriage for all she knows they had affair after the marriage.
MissMona thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: arvifanalways

I am not sure how can anyone feel sympathy for an obsessed blackmailer. She drank heavily through the majority of her pregnancy, now we are supposed to forget how is treated purvi, arjun, archana and her unborn baby at the time because all she ever cared about is her own self. She only knows how to take and not how to give . It is time she returned arjun and pari to purvi

she return pari to purvi and i bet purvi will return it back to her.
you know..sacrifice queen.
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Kalapi,

I was shocked and deeply distressed to learn of the losses that you and your sister-in-law had suffered. There is nothing that anyone, especially an outsider, can say that would be of any real use or comfort. So all I will say is that my heart goes out to you and to her, just as it goes out to Ovi these days. a girl so lost and so desperately unhappy and  miserable.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: Kalapi

aha, now I understand, so Ovi pushing Soham back and saying, ""I don't believe you and you will hurt me again"" is regression to you. But, I found it very close to reality - Shruti's acting here. I don't know if it was the direction or the actress, but it was real-like. I will tell you why and though I hate to share personal experience in a forum like this I will today...

My SIL recently lost her son in a roadside accident. She hasn't still recovered from the shock. In her shocked state she talks with no one, cries on her own and randomly walks. My Inlaws are seriously considering mental treatment, but the GP advised that the mental shock is so great, that accepting and moving on will not happen anytime soon...it will takes years and may not even happen. She hardly talks and if she does, she says "'no one is by my side"" I am alone""...if you see her you could understand how this type of grief is, and no amount of sympathy, can take away the feeling of ''emptiness', a person feels...it leaves one empty - just drained and that feeling doesn't go way..just stays with the person...

Yesterday, I made a comment on KC that I could feel Ovi's pain at many level, for I myself had a miscarriage. The baby was only developing, less thae 3 months old. But, when I had that...I couldn't just take it...I never talked with my husband...In fact, I just went about it almost as if nothing has happened. I cried alone, by myself. I just couldn't open up - for I felt he couldn't understand me - he kept on saying we will have another (whcj we did). But, that was no good to me. It look me a month to finally cry on his shoulder, and that too he kinda forced me - and yesterday, again I remembered it all - Now, Ovi's baby was older - I don't know if my reaction was stronger for women do miscarry, but may be cause I wanted that baby so much...who knows...

So, if Ovi cries, push someone away...or go numb...well, the enormity of the situation is such only...and everyone reacts different...

Lastly, all my dear expecting moms, please ignore this post...

strega thumbnail
When I said the reasons behind the deal are now moot, I got my head bitten off. This is my last attem9t to explain what I meant. Whatever the reason and whoever is at fault, there is no going back in many ways. The important thing is did they learn from their mistakes. However each needs to acknowledge their part and say sorry. I have heard 2 do that at that at least to themselves.

Enough siad. I am out of the discussion.
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My apologies dear if u feel that your head was bitten off . I  agree  with u  , but i said so not for u  but coz the whole forum keeps rehashing 'the deal' . Anyways  my apologies .