Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

small minded sense of justice (Page 4)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
My dear Tejaswini,

I never thought of it that way, but you are very likely correct. I begin to feel my age at last!

Shyamala Aunty

[QUOTE=tejaswiniwenham

Dear Shyamala Aunty,
If logic was prevalent in this forum then i would not need to make this post. but to give a very simplistic explanation: ovi is not forgiven because she took away the visual stimulation provided by chemistry between two people. whereas there is still hope that soham maybe the one to restore that stimulation. thus whatever he did is fine. its simplistic but i don't think people are mature enough to understand the complexity of the given situation.
tejaswini
[/QUOTE] ]
Originally posted by sashashyam

Dear Tejaswini,

A propose your post, I would only like to repeat what I wrote on Waneeka's forum (reproduced below), posing a simple  question for which I seek a logical answer. I am yet to get it.

As for the frantic and homicidal demands in the forum for the demise of Ovi's baby and Ovi, with Onir surely next on the hit list, I begin to understand why there are so many murders by disappointed boyfriends and girl friends these days - stabbings, shooting, acid throwings. It is because of the extension of the attitudes so evident in the forum these days -  which I cannot remember having seen when I was very active last year -  to real life. When there are no inhibitions about doing anything at all to get what you want, murder is sure to follow. It is the same here.

Shyamala Aunty

truth out

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3527516&TPN=5&#80256191
Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:37am | IP Logged

Dear Waneeka,

What I find  intriguing, and totally inconsistent in all this outpouring of venom against Ovi is that those who can never forgive her for having bargained, successfully, for Arjun with his eternal beloved, are nonetheless prepared to forgive Vishnu lala aka Soham for a life willingly spent in crime, and not pickpocketing but kidnapping and extortion, and are willing to give him not just a second chance but any number of chances.

No one questions the concept that he has turned over  a new leaf and become a reformed character.

But the same grace and acceptance is not extended to Ovi, though, in all logic, as Ovi's sin is far less serious than the multiple sins of which Soham/Vishnu is indisputably guilty, this cannot possibly be justified.

It is probably because, in showing up how little Purvi really cared for Arjun, Ovi has sinned against the PR Commandment No. 5 Thou shalt not question the amar prem of Arjun and Purvi, and neither shall you attempt to sunder the immortal lovers.

There is no other reason that I can think of.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by ilovedhanjanird

everything is ovi's fault so why bother 

whatever purvi does she will always be the mahaan one

whether that involves giving up her LOVE, marrying a complete stranger or giving up her baby 

Originally posted by tejaswiniwenham

ovi proposed a deal. a deal that was asking purvi to return arjun to her. purvi said no. ovi thot of killing herself and then in the last minute purvi called and accepted the deal. ovi said thank you to purvi from the bottom of her heart. purvi asked arjun to prove his love and marry ovi. he did. after that whatever decisions were taken by purvi and arjun involved absolutely no coercion from ovi. she had no hand in ANYTHING that went down afterwards. purvi leaving because of pregnancy, arjun deciding to consummate his marriage, purvi keeping arjun's baby but marrying onir, coming back to mumbai, giving pari away, arjun purvi onir hiding this from all. in all this chaos, the only thing that was ovi's part to play was that she provided purvi incentive to leave arjun. purvi didnt give her an answer and was ready to go through the marriage till the last moment when she decided to call ovi. ovi didnt even threaten purvi. but for that her baby should die, pari should be taken away from her, arjun should leave her, she should commit suicide or leave the country, she also deserves to be duped and cheated. im amazed at how skewed a sense of justice in this forum is. im appalled at ppl whose basic humanity is overshadowed by visual stimulation of couple chemistry. this is the worst reflection of our society.  

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87tejaswiniwenhamHillyloveJustlikethat1

notsurewhy Newbie
notsurewhy
notsurewhy

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
In addition, there is (probably a substantial amount of) sexism at play here. "We" tend to have an easier time siding with men than women. Men are wronged or misguided; women are vamps!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

m_mastipari87tejaswiniwenhamHillyloveKalapiJustlikethat1sashashyamkoolsadhu1000

ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
My sincere request to the cvs please reunite arvi and spare ovi fans the need to defend a woman because she lost her stillborn and didnt get to see their face. 
Please spare ovi from purvi and send either one of them miles apart from each other
I am just very interested to see if mata purvi will reunite with her love by divorcing her new found love onir

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

samekm_mastipari87Justlikethat1sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
My dear,

This would be understandable if the forum was largely made up of men, but you are right, for after all, the worst enemies of a woman in distress are other women. It is most depressing.

In fact, I used to be very irritated at the modern  tendency to exculpate young offenders on the plea of some trauma or the other, and make every possible excuse for them. This is exactly what is being done in this forum for Soham. But the same indulgence is never accorded to Ovi. so it has to be reverse sexism on the part of those who have their knives out for Ovi. No wonder saas bahu serials are so popular, with women carving up other women!

Well, at least I have got  2 rational answers!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by notsurewhy

In addition, there is (probably a substantial amount of) sexism at play here. "We" tend to have an easier time siding with men than women. Men are wronged or misguided; women are vamps!

Edited by sashashyam - 10 April 2013 at 10:05pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87tejaswiniwenhamKalapi

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:03pm | IP Logged

Errr Shymala dear, I can give you another rationale that is much more plausibleBig smile. I wanted to write this post but got busy elsewhere. It isn't about the gravity of crime they have individual committed or their seriousness – but the 'potential' effect it has on the only Golden Couple in PR land LOL

So, here is Soham who was also shown to connect with Purvi. The general consensus of the forum is/was that when/if Soham knows the truth, he (cause he has this soft spot for Purvi) will run and slap Ovi hard for the deal, and make Purvi and Arjun's union possible Confused. Haven't you seen countless posts that states that Soham needs a slap for not hearing out Arjun and roughing him up…..if he is to be considered "good", he has to be good to both…

And for Ovi not being awarded the same cookie points, oh well, you know why, she dared to come between the Golden Couple….so, here is you reason, why both aren't measured by the same yardstick…

My dear,

This would be understandable if the forum was largely made up of men, but you are right, for after all, the worse enemies of a woman in distress are other women. It is most depressing.

In fact, I used to be very irritated at the modern  tendency to exculpate young offenders on the plea of some trauma or the other, and make every possible excuse for them. This is exactly what is being done in this forum for Soham. But the same indulgence is never accorded to Ovi. so it has to be reverse sexism on the part of those who have their knives out for Ovi. No wonder saas bahu serials are so popular, with women carving up other women!

Shyamala Aunty

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

samekpari87sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Yes, Kalapi, of course, but then that is my Fifth Commandment all over again, is it not? You have extended it to Soham very neatly, and now here we are!

Shyamala

Originally posted by Kalapi

Errr Shymala dear, I can give you another rationale that is much more plausibleBig smile. I wanted to write this post but got busy elsewhere. It isn't about the gravity of crime they have individual committed or their seriousness ' but the 'potential' effect it has on the only Golden Couple in PR land LOL

So, here is Soham who was also shown to connect with Purvi. The general consensus of the forum is/was that when/if Soham knows the truth, he (cause he has this soft spot for Purvi) will run and slap Ovi hard for the deal, and make Purvi and Arjun's union possible Confused. Haven't you seen countless posts that states that Soham needs a slap for not hearing out Arjun and roughing him up'..if he is to be considered "good", he has to be good to both'

And for Ovi not being awarded the same cookie points, oh well, you know why, she dared to come between the Golden Couple'.so, here is you reason, why both aren't measured by the same yardstick'

My dear,

This would be understandable if the forum was largely made up of men, but you are right, for after all, the worse enemies of a woman in distress are other women. It is most depressing.

Shyamala Aunty

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Yes, Kalapi, of course,and that brings us squarely back to my Fifth Commandment, which you have now neatly extended to Soham.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Kalapi

Errr Shymala dear, I can give you another rationale that is much more plausibleBig smile. I wanted to write this post but got busy elsewhere. It isn't about the gravity of crime they have individual committed or their seriousness ' but the 'potential' effect it has on the only Golden Couple in PR land LOL

So, here is Soham who was also shown to connect with Purvi. The general consensus of the forum is/was that when/if Soham knows the truth, he (cause he has this soft spot for Purvi) will run and slap Ovi hard for the deal, and make Purvi and Arjun's union possible Confused. Haven't you seen countless posts that states that Soham needs a slap for not hearing out Arjun and roughing him up'..if he is to be considered "good", he has to be good to both'

And for Ovi not being awarded the same cookie points, oh well, you know why, she dared to come between the Golden Couple'.so, here is you reason, why both aren't measured by the same yardstick'

My dear,

Shyamala Aunty

jnawaz IF-Sizzlerz
jnawaz
jnawaz

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:15pm | IP Logged

im amazed at how skewed a sense of justice in this forum is. im appalled at ppl whose basic humanity is overshadowed by visual stimulation of couple chemistry. this is the worst reflection of our society.  

no pr is not showing 13 14 love. but there are definitely many 13-14 year olds writing commentaries on adult relationships. otherwise i have no idea how people can be so abhorrently immature in their world views. 

Viewbies Note: Just as you are entitled to your opinions, so is everyone else. You may not agree with them and support their ideology, but that DOES NOT mean that you can attack or fault them for their views. We have asked time and time again that you only post YOUR VIEWS and DO NOT COMMENT ON THE VIEWS OF OTHERS.

PR DT

Edited by jnawaz - 10 April 2013 at 10:18pm

Go to top