India-Forums

10th April episode update : The Bake Wars :))

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Kunal did a food based shayari LOL wishes for Sanjeev Kapoor before wishing Happy Birthday.
Time :- 3 hours to ready Sanjeev Kapoor's birthday cake.

Happy captain of Red team: he suggests Navneet's name for the Blue team.

Happy                                                    Navneet
Sachin                                                   Jehan
Yasmeen                                               Koku
 Aditi                                                      Devyani

Elaichi, Saffron & Cinnamon flavour     Masala tea flavour w/ orange filling
6 layer                                                   5 layer

1 layer burnt TWICE!

Tomorrow - BOTH teams' 1 Cake Layer BREAKS!

Edited by hamzanuha - 10 April 2013 at 12:55pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

_QueenBee_irene_csegadMriduB..Scarlett..-allizwell-

_QueenBee_ Senior Member
_QueenBee_
_QueenBee_

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:34am | IP Logged
that's nice head to head write up, thanks ... Smile

bt i didn't got why did their cake got burnt? what did they do wrong with that one? i mean they had same material in different ovens, bt why did that one only burn? ... Confused
i never tried baking cake, so i hv no idea !!!! LOL

i feel happy's team is more organized. they have pretty chances.Wink
i am scared for navneet's team. that means even khoku could be danger zone next day !!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

suectiklamhamzanuha-allizwell-

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Queen22

that's nice head to head write up, thanks ... Smile

bt i didn't got why did their cake got burnt? what did they do wrong with that one? i mean they had same material in different ovens, bt why did that one only burn? ... Confused
i never tried baking cake, so i hv no idea !!!! LOL

i feel happy's team is more organized. they have pretty chances.Wink
i am scared for navneet's team. that means even khoku could be danger zone next day !!!!

Welcome Smile

Now my theory about the burnt cake . . . . 

If you noticed the top of the cake was burnt. That means they had both the oven (below) & the griller (top) on at the same time.

Obviously the griller is a direct flame which burnt the top layer while the base & the middle was still uncooked (deciphering from the yellow liquid batter oozing on the side).

Maybe the blue team was being clever by turning on both the oven as well as the griller, so that the cake cooks faster due to heat from both the sides. [Mind you, that's a very dangerous thing, griller & oven on at the same time, as due to the accumulated extreme heat, the glass door can & does explode!]

So they covered the top with foil & proceeded with baking, but I'm guessing the griller was still on as they smelt the same cake burning again. Yet again, we could see the batter oozing from one side.

The oven, a covered flame beneath the pan, is used to bake or cook foods through and through & takes some time. Whereas the griller has an open flame for direct flame cooking (tandoori chicken, turning over & over) or quick grilling (pizza cheese melting).

That's the only reason I can think of for the cake top burning. Never had that happen to any of my cakes through all the years I've been baking.

{This is all guesswork based on my baking experience. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture Embarrassed}

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

JustforUpdates_QueenBee_segad-allizwell-

_QueenBee_ Senior Member
_QueenBee_
_QueenBee_

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
@Rana ... thanx a lot for so much information !!!! Embarrassed  u must be a good cook Tongue
no, it didn't sound like a lecture at all LOL

so, it seems they used the oven inappropriately !!!
Ouch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_41hamzanuha-allizwell-

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
@ Queen - Actually, more than cooking, I love baking. No innovations yet, but I can say I'm an expert baker. Cakes, cookies, biscuits, you name it I make it - from scratch or using mixes. Have even made cookies using a cake mix Smile

Edited by hamzanuha - 10 April 2013 at 9:46pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_41_QueenBee_-allizwell-

..Scarlett.. IF-Dazzler
..Scarlett..
..Scarlett..

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 2:57am | IP Logged
Nice post :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuha-allizwell-

-allizwell- IF-Sizzlerz
-allizwell-
-allizwell-

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Oh Thanks Rana for your efforts and sharing your info.

I din know oven was that risky... i have just begun my baking trials...Big smile... though i am more so used to oven and not microwave... i had 2 mishaps in the microwave... and i am a bit intimidated by that experience...!

Reg. your baking skills , do share if u have eggless recipes for cookies... dear... !

Actually there was this thread where only recipes used to be posted... it is lagging behind in the 7th sheet... will post to bring it in the front... it shud be make a stickey... the mods shud do that... i desp. need the recipes update of sunday episodes... if anyone can volunteer and update in that... it wud be easy to access...!Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuha

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 3:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -allizwell-

Oh Thanks Rana for your efforts and sharing your info.

I din know oven was that risky... i have just begun my baking trials...Big smile... though i am more so used to oven and not microwave... i had 2 mishaps in the microwave... and i am a bit intimidated by that experience...!

Reg. your baking skills , do share if u have eggless recipes for cookies... dear... !

Actually there was this thread where only recipes used to be posted... it is lagging behind in the 7th sheet... will post to bring it in the front... it shud be make a stickey... the mods shud do that... i desp. need the recipes update of sunday episodes... if anyone can volunteer and update in that... it wud be easy to access...!Big smile

No, it's only when both oven & griller are turned on that the risk begins.

Also, forgot to add, the door needs to be kept slightly open while using the griller.

Sure, will go thru my books for any eggless recipes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-allizwell-

Go to top