Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Jab Chaha Yaad Kiya, Jab Chaha Bhula Diya

nafisa_kazi Goldie
nafisa_kazi
nafisa_kazi

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:27am | IP Logged
by Nafisa Kazi : 
M-EIEJ : Episode dated 10/04/2013 : My Expoundings

RK wanting to elicit the same response from Madhu, he wanting to recreate the similar affectionate moment, invoke the same passion her...what amazes me is his gall that he can set things back to as how it was before...Little does he realize that in his obsessive possessiveness he is marring his relations with Madhu furthermore...

"Mine. The language of love is like that, possessive. That should be the first warning that it's not going to encourage anyone's betterment." ( Holly Black)...sadly this very pronoun might lead to his own undoing...

What a befitting reply from Madhu...she countered every single nostalgic moment of his with an unpleasant moment of the past that she underwent at his hands...this gazal clearly says it all :

"Kitna ikhtiyar tha usko apni chahat pe
"Mohsin"
Is liye jab chaha yad kiya jab chaha bhula diya"
"janta tha wo mujko behlane k har andaz
"faraz"
Is liye jab chaha hansa diya jab chaha rula diya"
"Rakhta to tha wo mera bohut hi kheyal
"Wasi"
Is liye jab chaha khafa kiya jab chaha mana liya"
"Lagta to tha usko ha mujse bohut hi piyar
^SaGaR^
Is liy jab chaha apna bana liya jab chaha daman chura liya..!!!

I am getting more and more drawn to this character of Sultan...liked the way when he doesn't react in anger to Aryan's demands...instead tries to make him aware of reality...his words definitely were meant for himself than his son...

Rather than delve into RK's high handed act of abducting a reluctant Madhu and to top it all calling a press conference to declare that it was nothing but just a tiff between a hubby and his wife...also overruling Bittuji's suggestion of calling in for an apology...

I do admit that I have been hoping against hope to see a remorseful and repentant RK...but then I realized it would be so unlike him...for a man who had let his  inflated ego and  his need for revenge over-ride the latent affection that he had developed for Madhu...it should come as no surprise that this same ego would bring in doubt and suspicion to repress that feeling of guilt and remorse...

My only concern is that this act of RK doesn't end up in worsening his relations with Madhu to such an extent that at that point no amount of penance from RK will be able to undo the damage done by him...

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjumehurocksSayaneeH.LectergennyMninandAngel-33desaitMeenahsuk19Hdhdtabby999

mehurocks Goldie
mehurocks
mehurocks

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:31am | IP Logged
superbbb and i loved that brilliant post.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nafisa_kazi

gennyM IF-Rockerz
gennyM
gennyM

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Nafisa,
I think thats where it is headed.Rk is gonna console himself with chicken and a glass of scotch and madhu ki pyaar bhari yaadein.His own words.
Can u tell me the meanings of mohsin and the words which follow the muhawara,

nafisa_kazi

nafisa_kazi Goldie
nafisa_kazi
nafisa_kazi

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:57am | IP Logged
nim,
it's a ghazal not a muhawara...'
and usually the shayars had the habit of pitching in their or the names of their close ones in between the shers...faraz, mohsin are all shers...remember the Ghalib ghazals...
SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:49am | IP Logged
wonderfully said .. 3 of ur point was just what I was thinking 

1st .. Possessive .. have seen a many going gaga over one when ds adjective adores one's character .. it is really a positive one .. ok I agree we don't want everything positive in our life .. sometimes subconscious wants something dark .. but it sud have a limit .. possessiveness is not same as protectiveness ... its a negative emotion can go horrible n destructive if not stay at limit 

2nd .. Madhu's reply .. rather than beautiful memories she remembers all the painful one .. it clearly shows this relationship no matter includes love or not can't be a successful one .. so much pain RK has installed in it that love alone can't overshadow it .. this love story will remain a tragic one

3rd .. Sultan .. I loved when he said sometime we sud let go .. it doesn't depends on what we wish always but what the person in opposite end wants .. what a contrast .. there a man don't even think he sud respect Madhu's wish n here a man so called criminal behaved so matured .. n yes everything he was saying to Ariyan was actually telling himself .. in d last line HUM made it prominent .. I must say Avi's expression was so apt on that scene 

okk now d last part .. I didn't think it in that way but ur post made me think .. n my logic agreed to it .. it is not RK's fault it is d kind of man he is that he can never do what he sud do n thus leading Madhu's as well as won love n life towards a pathetic future

nafisa_kazi

Sima14 Senior Member
Sima14
Sima14

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Nice post Nafisa

nafisa_kazi

tabby999 IF-Addictz
tabby999
tabby999

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
really a nice post ..agreed to all parts ..
hope ego soon leave rk otherwise nothing will be left with him 

nafisa_kazi

desait IF-Rockerz
desait
desait

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
nice post.

nafisa_kazi

Go to top