ovi deserves this? DT Note pg7 - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
It is one thing to genuinely like a character and quite the other to be blinded by them and justify all their wrong deeds. 
I, for one, never justify my personal favourite's actions unless I agree with them. 
I am not coming back to this thread to see how everyone thinks Ovi deserves a dead child.  Neither am I interested in seeing how people are wishing death upon her. 
If you view things from Ovi's perspective you will see why I am saying what I am saying. 
(That is if you can forget your bias towards Arvi for once) 

Let's go back from the beginning of the leap :
- Arjun promised to marry Ovi after he gets back from India 
- Ovi was waiting there
- Arjun falls in love with a complete stranger 
- That girl also happens to be the adopted daughter of her mother who left them
- For ovi, meaning of love was Arjun. 
- For Arjun, Purvi became his whole world.
- Unaware of Arvi love, Ovi gets engaged to Arjun
- Arjun didn't speak up when he could
- Finally Arjun declared he loves Purvi 
- Ovi is heartbroken
- Punni instigates Ovi into thinking Purvi is a gold digger
- Ovi in denial believes it and thinks Purvi is marrying Arjun for his money
- Ovi thought it was a phase and Arjun would eventually come back 
- Ovi put the deal forward thinking her mother was the culprit (she hated her)
- She only promised to bring her back to her family, manav didn't have to live with her if he didnt want to
- Archana has always given more preference to Purvi
- Purvi has always been the apple of eye of everyone
- Now in a loveless marriage, but arjun could divorce her if he wanted to but he didnt 
- Her baby was lost 
- Her baby is not hers, its the baby of her husband and his ex fiancee
- Now she hears her husband and his ex fiancee sitting in a restaurant and discussing their plans about revealing the truth 

Originally posted by rayadallie

@bold that says it all. You cannot want treat something bad and do things to get rid of it and then all of a sudden it means the world to you. the only reason why ovi began to care for the baby is because she felt it was the best way to keep arjun and her marriage.

Well, I know a lot of people didn't want a baby at first but eventually as it started growing inside them they felt love for it. It is only human. 
Originally posted by pari87

you guys amaze me! Seriously! Why should Purvi pr Arjun not die? Re-unite in hell na where they both belong anyway? Leave Ovi and Onir alone! Divorce ka naam nahi suna hai? Who is stopping them from divorcing? Seems like only Ovi is credited with making decisions? Why arjun and purvi are mentally unstable? ( I think they are), or are they mentally challenged ( looks like it) and or are they so dumb they cannot make decisions? ( Clearly the case)

hahahahahahahahahhaa...Really try and answer these questions first before wishing death and dead babies on others

Di, it is impossible to argue with them. they are too blinded by their favourite characters. 
Originally posted by ilovedhanjanird

Well, I know a lot of people didn't want a baby at first but eventually as it started growing inside them they felt love for it. It is only human. 

Very true Waneeka and many regrets becoming pregnant, for pregnancy can come between a career, apromotion and so many things. It does restricts you, and many women at least once during preganacy regrets being preggo. THAt is why there is a saying, 'there is no good time to be pregnant''

It is one thing to genuinely like a character and quite the other to be blinded by them and justify all their wrong deeds. 
I, for one, never justify my personal favourite's actions unless I agree with them. 
I am not coming back to this thread to see how everyone thinks Ovi deserves a dead child.  Neither am I interested in seeing how people are wishing death upon her. 
If you view things from Ovi's perspective you will see why I am saying what I am saying. 
(That is if you can forget your bias towards Arvi for once) 

Let's go back from the beginning of the leap :
- Arjun promised to marry Ovi after he gets back from India 
- Ovi was waiting there
- Arjun falls in love with a complete stranger 
- That girl also happens to be the adopted daughter of her mother who left them
- For ovi, meaning of love was Arjun. 
- For Arjun, Purvi became his whole world.
- Unaware of Arvi love, Ovi gets engaged to Arjun
- Arjun didn't speak up when he could
- Finally Arjun declared he loves Purvi 
- Ovi is heartbroken
- Punni instigates Ovi into thinking Purvi is a gold digger
- Ovi in denial believes it and thinks Purvi is marrying Arjun for his money
- Ovi thought it was a phase and Arjun would eventually come back 
- Ovi put the deal forward thinking her mother was the culprit (she hated her)
- She only promised to bring her back to her family, manav didn't have to live with her if he didnt want to
- Archana has always given more preference to Purvi
- Purvi has always been the apple of eye of everyone
- Now in a loveless marriage, but arjun could divorce her if he wanted to but he didnt 
- Her baby was lost 
- Her baby is not hers, its the baby of her husband and his ex fiancee
- Now she hears her husband and his ex fiancee sitting in a restaurant and discussing their plans about revealing the truth 

@Bold You hit the nail right on the head. Some of us love the characters rather than the role they play. By this I mean that they love the characters in the story and no matter what they do, they are quick to defend them rather than being practical base on the storyline. My points and discussions would fluctuate because i am a practical person and I look at each character and discuss base on the angle of the story.

I defended purvi when she accepted ovi's deal but I did not when she give up her baby and then there are other times when i used arguments in both angle to defend my points and people would say that we dont stick to our story.

Di, it is impossible to argue with them. they are too blinded by their favourite characters. 
and vice versa๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by rayadallie

@Bold You hit the nail right on the head. Some of us love the characters rather than the role they play. By this I mean that they love the characters in the story and no matter what they do, they are quick to defend them rather than being practical base on the storyline. My points and discussions would fluctuate because i am a practical person and I look at each character and discuss base on the angle of the story.

I defended purvi when she accepted ovi's deal but I did not when she give up her baby and then there are other times when i used arguments in both angle to defend my points and people would say that we dont stick to our story.
[/QUOTE]

LOL. LOL LOL
I personally find all these frantic exchanges bewildering -  seeing that the actors concerned almost certainly do not care a hoot about anything their characters do provided they can tie up their next serial (if this was not so, the whole lot should have quit en masse a long time back).

But I would like to repeat what I wrote on Waneeka's thread a day back, and ask anyone here who can give me a rational answer to my question to kindly do so. I had no luck on that thread, but maybe it will be different here.

Secondly, I used to be shocked by the violence of the death wishes so freely voiced in this forum, but now I begin to think this practice should be encouraged. With different fan groups bumping off their pet hates, the whole cast will soon be despatched to the netherworld (which is where they belong for having made so many miserable  for so long๐Ÿ˜‰) and non-fans like me can rest in peace at last!!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/80256191
Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:37am | IP Logged
What I find  intriguing, and totally inconsistent in all this outpouring of venom against Ovi is that those who can never forgive her for having bargained, successfully, for Arjun with his eternal beloved, are nonetheless prepared to forgive Vishnu lala aka Soham for a life willingly spent in crime, and not pickpocketing but kidnapping and extortion, and are willing to give him not just a second chance but any number of chances.

No one questions the concept that he has turned over  a new leaf and become a reformed character.

But the same grace and acceptance is not extended to Ovi, though, in all logic, as Ovi's sin is far less serious than the multiple sins of which Soham/Vishnu is indisputably guilty, this cannot possibly be justified.

It is probably because, in showing up how little Purvi really cared for Arjun, Ovi has sinned against the PR Commandment No. 5 Thou shalt not question the amar prem of Arjun and Purvi, and neither shall you attempt to sunder the immortal lovers.

There is no other reason that I can think of.

Shyamala Aunty

everything is ovi's fault so why bother 

whatever purvi does she will always be the mahaan one

whether that involves giving up her LOVE, marrying a complete stranger or giving up her baby

Originally posted by Kalapi

Very true Waneeka and many regrets becoming pregnant, for pregnancy can come between a career, apromotion and so many things. It does restricts you, and many women at least once during preganacy regrets being preggo. THAt is why there is a saying, 'there is no good time to be pregnant''
That's what you call a nice chunk of reality it was well overdue.
No sympathy from me cause Ovi wanted Arjun the toy at all cost so these are the consequences that come's with things that does not belongs to you Ovi ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Originally posted by jonelle

That's what you call a nice chunk of reality it was well overdue.
No sympathy from me cause Ovi wanted Arjun the toy at all cost so these are the consequences that come's with things that does not belongs to you Ovi ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Spot on Jonelle