Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 242 Discussion: 10th April 2013 (Page 8)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by river123

Felt like there was fear and powerlessness  under the brash bravado of RK's demeanor and dialogues (as fantastic as those were.)   He has his head in the sand on purpose - probably so that he won't have to face up to something that he already subconsciouly knows.   Loved Madhu's incredulous look when he uses the word "nok-jhok" to describe their situation.   Seriously, RK??? 

Excellent point, RiverClapClap...I too think he's acting out cuz he's that scared and feeling powerless...so bravado is his instant defense mechanism...Look at the way he stopped Madhu from recounting more of the past and all that he's done to her...he can't face it yet...so head in sand approach it is on purpose like you said.

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyaUDEYRed_OpiumJasperJazzdesigrl414vkk2429blacklamboMFarah13river123AngeenaAnanya050-SD-0sree.gattucardio21_charu_war_is_peaceleelaa9

Ananya05 IF-Rockerz
Ananya05
Ananya05

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

The hand kiss in the car didn't feel particularly romantic to me - more like a one-sided gesture from a desperate man trying to find another way to connect. 

Honestly speaking as a gril, that hand kiss was very very creepy. Ouch almost scary to see someone make that kind of a physical gesture towards you.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

FazzyBoomsyasyaJasperJazzvkk2429desigrl414river123Angeenaennishet_charu_

cardio21 IF-Rockerz
cardio21
cardio21

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
This episode has rendered me speechless..!!
Did you guys notice RK's face when Madhu showed him the mirror. He was moved. For a minute, I thought this is the beginning of his road to realization. But another moment he asked her to get over it.. Really?

I was not very thrilled with the conversation that ensued, as there was no hint of sensitivity for the woman he claims to love. (i still dont doubt his love for her). Then carrying her in arms, he stormed out. the car scene was actually normal and in sync with the preceding drama and for some reason, I don't think his kissing her hand was sleazy, as I read somewhere in a random post. She was still shocked about the entire situation but by no means disgusted by the kiss.

The grah pravesh was okay, as I was in no mood to laugh at his jokes. He needs to fix the Dips drama. I can't stand her taunting Madhu to no end, he better remind her of her roots and talk about her sleazy overtures in front of everyone, if that shuts her up for sometime. Albeit,  Madhu has her hands full with this psycho..Angry

So the small marital tiff as he would like to put it, does not deserve an apology!! This broke my heart as well! And Madhu was clearly hurt! She should have slapped him really hard and then say its normal for wives to caress their husbands.  Sorry! I can't come up with a better example. It made me hate him again. I can't see any silver lining in this black cloud. If it was not for my problem with Sultan-Madhu angle, I would have started chanting my old mantra of Madhu to stay a happy single then be miserably married to this egomaniac psycho??

What was the problem with poor ?Mangesh touching the bed? Was he going to make the pillow wall? Does he want to share the bed with her without the pillow wall? It doesn't give me good vibes now that CVs have painted him all black. The grey is long gone.. I hope my worst fears are proven wrong. I don't know how long can I relate to a story where the hero stoops to unfathomable lows. 

Regarding the Sultan-Aryan scene, I liked Sultan's stand. I hope he stays on it. But with the upcoming articles, looks like it ain't happening. The way they paint Sultan in such positive light and RK as the darkest shade of black makes me think if they really want to switch leads. There is a limit to being unique. 

It was just my rant as I know the story can't run according to my choice. But then why did they make a larger than life image of RK if they had to shatter it to pieces? 

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjudramagobcbs_srkJasperJazzvkk2429blacklamboAngeenaMFarah13ritzy09ennishetPiyatrixleelaa9

readingworms. IF-Rockerz
readingworms.
readingworms.

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
I am so appalled today by what RK said. How could he call all those things he did to Madhu as nokh jhoks!!?!?! This man has gone delusional and psycho!! However AA's analysis on the dynamics and the denial and baring of rk in front of himself and madhu evolving out despite such a scene gives me hope . Hats off to you , AA. I feel a little hopeful now but that dialogue left a bitter taste in my mouth. :\

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vkk2429AngeenaMFarah13cardio21war_is_peace

readingworms. IF-Rockerz
readingworms.
readingworms.

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
"..I too think he's acting out cuz he's that scared and feeling powerless...so bravado is his instant defense mechanism...Look at the way he stopped Madhu from recounting more of the past and all that he's done to her...he can't face it yet...so head in sand approach it is on purpose like you said. " 

AHHH. never thought of it that way. God you guys are brilliant. The defense mechanism and fear needs to deconstruct now. Approve

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuvkk2429river123Angeenacardio21war_is_peaceleelaa9AreYaar

cardio21 IF-Rockerz
cardio21
cardio21

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Felt like there was fear and powerlessness  under the brash bravado of RK's demeanor and dialogues (as fantastic as those were.)   He has his head in the sand on purpose - probably so that he won't have to face up to something that he already subconsciouly knows.   Loved Madhu's incredulous look when he uses the word "nok-jhok" to describe their situation.   Seriously, RK??? 

Excellent point, RiverClapClap...I too think he's acting out cuz he's that scared and feeling powerless...so bravado is his instant defense mechanism...Look at the way he stopped Madhu from recounting more of the past and all that he's done to her...he can't face it yet...so head in sand approach it is on purpose like you said.

I like the optimistic viewpoints u have in this situation, I tried to dwell on it but for some reason I am not able to convince myself. I can't stop thinking from Madhu's standpoint. I don't think RK even realizes the gravity of his actions. At this point, I don't care for repentance/redemption. But at least he should realize what he did and how it hurt her.. Very disappointed in him today!! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuriver123Angeenaleelaa9

river123 IF-Dazzler
river123
river123

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ananya05

The hand kiss in the car didn't feel particularly romantic to me - more like a one-sided gesture from a desperate man trying to find another way to connect. 

Honestly speaking as a gril, that hand kiss was very very creepy. Ouch almost scary to see someone make that kind of a physical gesture towards you.

The thing that kept it on this side of being acceptable is that this is the same couple who, just the day before, shared that smolderingly passionate Holi - both the dance and that color applying after. 

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyavkk2429blacklamboAngeenaMFarah13Ananya050-SD-0_charu_Piyatrixleelaa9AreYaar

dramacrazy12 Goldie
dramacrazy12
dramacrazy12

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ananya05

Girls,

Just wanted to share JasperJazz's thoughts on RKs statement about 'Nok=jhonk' in today's episode. She has reached her daily post limits of 20 posts, and hence she sent me a PM and  wanted me to share this with you all.

Sent by JasperJazz

Even a lot die-hard Rishbala/RK fans are not happy with RK calling the whole unwedding drama a mere nok-jhonk.

While I am also upset about it but I also have a slightly different take on it. Maybe RK did not want his apology to be triggered due to hounding media. His focus was not to save his public image (He had already said ki ye press ko impress karne ka waqt nahin hai). We know that he is going to own up that what he did was wrong and asks Madhu to punish him for what he did. So in all probabilty he wanted to apologize to Madhu first and that too directly, without going through media. Had he given a politically correct answer at this time, Madhu would have believed it to be his attempt to save his public image.
RK is seeking redemption, he is trying to win Madhu's love again. His means to do so may be unconventional, maybe even wrong, but those are the only means he knows. And he is leaving no stone unturned to woo Madhu back. I hope Madhu is able to see past his mean and feel his intent.

Very well written by JJ...I felt the same...on a different note for most part RK and Madhu have kept thier altercations amongst themselves ...this would be no different.
Madhu had stated in media that people do not seperate but love seperates from relationship..to protect the dignity of thier relationship...today he stated that it was usual nok-jhok amongst couple in media and his wife is back home (the love is back)...essentially putting a stop to all the speculation and craziness from that end. It does not mean he does not realize how wrong he was.

It is not his jealousy that is driving him but fear, concern and some form of realization driving him.

In today's episode...RK was lacking his usual sleek finesse. He is desperate and hurt...he does not know what he wants and why? All he knows is if he waits to discover answers...he will loose Madhu forever. He seemed subdued and teary when Madhu recounted her memories to him.

He knows he needs her  with him...he is confident (though it is becoming shaky by minute) that Madhu loves him too but she is too angry to accept the truth or even listen to anything. He needs to force her to face that truth if they have to rebuild anything out of thier relationship starting with forgiveness. Hence he gets her home on his turf where there are very few third party influences to get the process started.

I actually like the fact that he has not turned into a sappy lover boy begging on his kness as he is beginning to realize his mistake...instead he is trying to do damage control and start anew in his own way. In today's episode...he publically told Dips off...his entire focus is on Madhu. I wonder if things would have turned out much differently if Sultan had not called.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyaUDEYarmummyblacklamboriver123AngeenaMFarah13cardio210-SD-0Ananya05sree.gattuPiyatrixFortitudeleelaa9AreYaar

Go to top