Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 242 Discussion: 10th April 2013 (Page 14)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

That's why someone else than Madhu. Why Madhu should become his medicine yaar.. ?? Seriously !!!!! That's bollocks !!!  He needs a person who is NOT the SOURCE of PAIN or RELIEF. He needs a DISCONNECT from HIS MADNESS...and so someone completely different who will take away from his craziness.

Aisa thodi na paagal ko woh de denge jo woh maang raha raha hai ?!!!! 

Madhu chahiye Madhu Chahiye...NOPE

He needs SENSE more than MADHU.

LOL well who has managed to get through to him before? Radhajj? She's already told him the truth a million times...told him to admit it too...has he?

You're not understanding what I'm saying...until he has Madhu back with him and the assurance that she isn't going anywhere, he will continue to be on this madness spree...something has to give b/w them...no one else can fix it.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyaRed_Opiumblacklamboriver123Angeenaminu_8armummyMFarah13zoya_naziyaritzy09Ananya05sree.gattu_charu_leelaa9

Ananya05 IF-Rockerz
Ananya05
Ananya05

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

That's why someone else than Madhu. Why Madhu should become his medicine yaar.. ?? Seriously !!!!! That's bollocks !!!  He needs a person who is NOT the SOURCE of PAIN or RELIEF. He needs a DISCONNECT from HIS MADNESS...and so someone completely different who will take away from his craziness.

LOL well who has managed to get through to him before? Radhajj? She's already told him the truth a million times...told him to admit it too...has he?

You're not understanding what I'm saying...until he has Madhu back with him and the assurance that she isn't going anywhere, he will continue to be on this madness spree...something has to give b/w them...no one else can fix it.

@bold: I don't think so. Even after he gets her back, and she gives him the assurance of her love, he is still going to doubt her as per the latest article. So, though Madhu is the ultimate solution to his problem, someone else has to help him to build a path to reach that destination. Just by bordering this insanity and torturing her, he won't meet an end to his problems.

He needs a timeout from Madhu. IMO, Radhaji is well capable of knocking sense in him. She has shown that potential as a mother.

More than fixing something between RK-Madhu, I believe it is Rishabh Kundra who needs some fixing. If that is fixed, it will lay a foundation for RK-Madhu to be fixed.

Edited by Ananya05 - 10 April 2013 at 3:20pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyaRed_Opiumblacklamboriver123AngeenaarmummyMFarah13zoya_naziyasree.gattu_charu_

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ananya05

@bold: I don't think so. Even after he gets her back, and she gives him the assurance of her love, he is still going to doubt her as per the latest article. So, though Madhu is the ultimate solution to his problem, someone else has to help him to build a path to reach that destination. Just by bordering this insanity and torturing her, he won't meet an end to his problems.

He needs a timeout from Madhu. IMO, Radhaji is well capable of knocking sense in him. She has shown that potential as a mother.

Madness is a relative term as far as RK is concerned...He is generally obsessive about Madhu anyways...that is never going to go away.

But his behavior regarding just kidnapping her and taking her home is a new extreme...My point was based on that...that he has done this act in desperation...and he won't be able to stabilize until he has Madhu with him.

I'm not sure what ppl are expecting hereConfused...When has RK EVER been able to successfully take a "timeout" from Madhu? Even after his so-called revenge there wasn't a minute when she wasn't in his thoughts...

No one can teach RK anything firstly...he doesn't listen...he will have to find his own path but he will need Madhu to show him that path too...

*Edit: Rishab Kundra's redemption also lies in his relationship with Madhu only...it's not going to happen independently.

Edited by AreYaar - 10 April 2013 at 3:22pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuFazzyBoomRed_OpiumarmummyMFarah13blacklamboriver123Angeenasree.gattuzoya_naziyaAnanya05_charu_leelaa9

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

@bold1 - See that's his misfortune. He doesn't have anyone around him. Even his mother...is like the new one...(as in not long standing) ...but still...Everyone knows, when one is crazed, people talk to them out of it...and its slow process.  He would definitely have listened to his mother that's why CVs sent her away to some place. Because they cannot show him slapping him second time.

@bold 2 -No, yaar, even if I understand it...clinically it is wrong. This is not how HEALING happens.

Look I enjoy the entertainment.  But thing is I could not laugh at his drama. It was gripping, but it was also madness and pain for both RK and Madhu...so as a viewer, I am getting concerned. For entertainment, we cannot have Madhu become doctor for him...but if she stays only for a day or two; like a kidnapped person, being held as a hostage...and they hash it out between themselves, then I am okay.

Long term saath rahna - I will be unable to digest. I mean I will be unable to agree with things. 

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyaRed_Opiumblacklamboriver123AngeenaarmummyMFarah13zoya_naziya_charu_FortitudeAreYaar

leelaa9 IF-Addictz
leelaa9
leelaa9

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

Guys, I think what is most needed of both Radha and Padmini for at least the next hour in the MEIEJverse is their *absence*.

Both women have a mutual bond of deep love with their children, and yet ironically have never instilled any faith in their children in their respective mothers' good sense.

Both Madhu and RK - and even Trishna - listen to their mothers' advice on a future course of action only when they themselves agree with what they are being told.

Otherwise, they simply ignore or circumvent it.

The recent slapping instance by each mother was a case in point. Both children were anguished but moved not even a whit by the slap or diatribe from their chosen course of action.

And in each case, the priority for Madhu and RK each was each other, albeit in very different ways.

Radha is shrewd at manipulation when she sees her 'perfect family' under threat. But unfortunately for her, her son is even better at that field. He may fail to recognize the quality in his mother, but is far too often uncomfortably good at recognizing other factors and invalidating her efforts to varying extent.

And Padmini has let Madhu know far too clearly that she cannot be trusted by her daughter with any truth related to Madhu's feelings for RK.

Madhu has so far confided without prevarication only to Bittuji, and this may be perhaps because she may be certain that her own mother and sister would not accept or even permit the sheer depth of her continued emotion without trying to change it.

One can readily understand Padmini's feelings, but had she been shrewd enough not to have made her own opinion so clear, Madhu would perhaps not have felt driven to keep her so completely in the dark in so many matters.

Radha and Padmini may be useful to varying extents and at varying points as catalyst in getting the couple closer.

But any actual definitive effect on RK and Madhu is only through each other.

The mothers are valued by both in crisis not as guide against their own inclinations but only as a support in the course of action they themselves wish to undertake.

And as such, it is in that role that each mother has proven most effective.

Madhu knows RK loves her. Her faith in what she believed had been shaken to the core by the unwedding fiasco, but was restored by what she remembers of the drunk night.

Now the problem is that in his senses, he still refuses to acknowledge his feelings, and unless she pushes in some way or the other, he could take ages to admit it even to himself.

So she needs some hint that he is at least edging in the direction of admitting his feelings to himself at least if not to her.

She has seen him in control of himself. But the moments where his control is slipping are perhaps more revealing.

The upcoming knife situation can give her maybe some extent of assurance that this time he is not - in his senses - playing her.

RK not in control of himself may ironically be the greatest assurance he can offer this time of his genuine and earnest intent.

Radha's priority is her son and his happiness, so long as she herself is a part of that happiness. 

And since she knows Madhu to be an essential security in RK's filial warmth and thus Radha's 'perfect family', she would presumably be happy to act as a 'fond saasuma' buffer to Madhu while helping reunite the couple.

Padmini may be a hindrance for some time yet in trying to direct her daughter's life while acting under utter ignorance of Madhu's stand, and be inclined towards RK only after quite a bit of upheaval.

The comfort in that is that Madhu has so far never let herself be swayed against her own wishes by her mother's opinion in any matter.

The concern is whether Madhu and RK will abide by their point during their previous conjugal hostility, hold vocally by their marital bond, and permit no outsider to speak or strike against each other.

Then, they had had no vulnerable feelings of their own at risk.

This time, each has reasons to have qualms in taking such a stand in varied situations - reasons of pride and rendering themselves vulnerable to each other. Though the validity of those reasons may be of varied sense, that is unlikely to change the fact that each considers their own reasons no less valid.

So if Madhu is - quite understandably - wary of being as forthcoming about her feelings as she was previously, it is likely to create misunderstandings and perhaps even resultant calamities (that specifically in view of three of the potential participants not being characters I would wish to see scenes of, I would dearly wish to avoid).

Basically, Padmini may - through her unfortunate situation of never knowing her daughter's feelings until Madhu spells it out for her - again weigh in favourably on imprudent course of action.

One may hope for more sense from Radha, but only if she appears on the scene after RK has induced Madhu to stick around.

Otherwise, we'll be back at point non plus.

The relationship dynamic delineated in the Holi scenario seemed to indicate that Madhu will no longer permit herself to give in easily. It is in RK not promptly giving up and considering her unfit (Lord, how that word still hurts) to be pursued with more desperate and sincere efforts.

Once their relationship was nurtured with her tenderness. Now, he must establish with his desperation and sincerity his actual desire to rebuild what he himself tore.

Madhu and RK both benefit in moments of anguish from having their mothers as a comforting presence, but any decisive hurt or healing only they - no one else, mother or other - can render unto each other.

Neither mother has been shown as having the capacity to even inadvertently hurt their respective child to such an extent nor to heal.

Radha may serve as a catalyst in helping bring the couple together, but she herself can do nothing to truly help with her son's turmoil, without depending on Madhu.

Even the reconciliation with her son she could not effect herself, and she is a shrewd enough woman to avoid expecting so much of her son in reaction to her that she might precipitate another even slight estrangement with him.

So any actual truly effective hope of healing solace for their greatest hurts may be expected of Madhu and RK themselves for each other. No one else - not even their mothers - may perhaps serve as anything more than a dearly valued comfort.

Edited by leelaa9 - 11 April 2013 at 3:23am

The following 34 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyathetelleroftaleRed_OpiumJasperJazzUDEYMarathiMulgipnarsdesigrl414sweetdearblacklamboriver123Angeenaanastasia21armummyNeutral_MonaMFarah13__VJ__ritzy09sree.gattuzoya_naziyaAnanya05war_is_peacesusan7ennishet_Tangled_PurpleHorizonLooteri_Dulhan_charu_OptiThe.LannisterBefikreitsRitziAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:34pm | IP Logged

Look I enjoy the entertainment.  But thing is I could not laugh at his drama. It was gripping, but it was also madness and pain for both RK and Madhu...so as a viewer, I am getting concerned. For entertainment, we cannot have Madhu become doctor for him...but if she stays only for a day or two; like a kidnapped person, being held as a hostage...and they hash it out between themselves, then I am okay.

Long term saath rahna - I will be unable to digest. I mean I will be unable to agree with things. 

I think that is likely what will happen...I wasn't suggesting a permanent solution anyways...that will take time...but in the IMMEDIATE he needs that assurance that she will stay...that she loves him.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuRed_Opiumblacklamboriver123AngeenaAnanya050-SD-0zoya_naziyawar_is_peaceleelaa9

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by leelaa9

Guys, I think what is most needed of both Radha and Padmini for at least the next hour in the MEIEJverse is their *absence*.
Both women have a mutual bond of deep love with their children, and yet ironically have never instilled any faith in their children in their respective mothers' good sense.
Both Madhu and RK - and even Trishna - listen to their mothers' advice on a future course of action only when they themselves agree with what they are being told.

...still typing...

Okay Leela...I am all ears. Type away. I will read in full.

But definitely, I need to hear on family involvement.  Because...somewhere, I need to understand it for my personal reasons...like "how far we can make parents part of our lives" especially as we cross 26th year of our life. My brother was going through this crisis...I prayed to God...asked him to take care about the consequences for what I was going to do...and I called Mom and asked her to be with her son for some time.  Good or bad...I don't know...I knew that my bro needed family support and I arranged for it without heeding to my bro's reservations.

Talking about Film stars having had phases...Isn't it this way that Sanjay Dutt has his sanity around ...with his parents and sisters...and Salman Khan with his family around him.   Look at Sharukh Khan...his only hold in his life is Gauri as he lost his parents early on his life.

Family is important when you start losing grip on things around you...one becomes possessed with only one kind of thought.

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 10 April 2013 at 3:42pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuRed_Opiumriver123Angeenaanastasia21Ananya05zoya_naziya_charu_leelaa9

MarathiMulgi Senior Member
MarathiMulgi
MarathiMulgi

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Fabulous analysis from everyone as usual. Today's scenes were by no means hilarious. RK's famous dialogues could not mask the gravity of his desperate situation however he tried.Everyone agrees he needs help but there is no one who can really help him. The 2 candidates Radha and Madhu are no good right now. So how can we make RK take his medicine? Bring the 3rd person in, a stranger who is no way connected to him, who will threaten to take away his favorite toy from him maybe by holding him at gunpoint.

There is a saying in marathi called "Sonarane kaan tochane". It means for ear piercing ceremony the jeweler (Leela or Ananya can help me with the exact word here) is brought home. He does not waste time in pampering the child thinking oh will it hurt him or not.He just pierces the ears, gives back the crying child to his mother and goes away. RK needs that shock treatment. The realization that there exists someone powerful (maybe more than him) who can take away Madhu from him if he does not recover from this self-destructive phase and get back to relationship rebuilding phase with Madhu.

I feel that is the purpose of having Sultan loitering around in this love story. To give a hard kick to RK to bring him back to his senses. Just my opinion. CVs as usual will have something else planned for RK.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjupnarsUDEYdesigrl414river123AngeenaMFarah13armummy0-SD-0zoya_naziyaAnanya05sree.gattuleelaa9AreYaar

Go to top