Saraswatichandra

India-Forums

Saraswatichandra
Saraswatichandra

WHY IS KUMUD GIVEN A DARK COMPLEXION?(edited pg1) (Page 5)

Heyybabyydolll Goldie
Heyybabyydolll
Heyybabyydolll

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
i don't really understand your post. Are you complaining about the natural - or as you like to call it "dull" - makeup or about her skin color? Cause you mention her not being fair. If you find it that necessary to wear lighter makeup in order for her to be beautiful than that's another thing (and shame on you for still thinking that way), but i think the natural makeup she wears is perfect. Heavy makeup would just make her look odd and out of her element in a village. Maybe adding a little blush and highlighting certain parts of her face would help with the situation and still have her makeup look light and natural.

Edited by Heyybabyydolll - 10 April 2013 at 6:06pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Farzu-

gapgirl Senior Member
gapgirl
gapgirl

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
The real question is...Is it compulsory to give Kumud a FAIR complexion??

The other posters have already pointed out (and I agree) the issues with the complexion...it does not indicate beauty by any means.

Kumud looks fine as is, and the focus is on her acting, etc and not on her outward appearance.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

NietzyvioletshineS.StephySahirsBeardMistyDawnFarzu-.Senorita.

Farzu- IF-Sizzlerz
Farzu-
Farzu-

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
I'm sorry but aren't Indians supposed to have dark complexion?! I don't understand this fascination with making actresses look fair! Jenny was quiet fair in DMG but the Bhuj shoots made her tanned. Most of her scenes in the show are shot outside so she's bound to get darker. She even said it in her recent interview herself lol. There were a few times when I felt she should've worked on her makeup but most of the time she looks simple and beautiful in the episodes.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gapgirlNietzyMistyDawn.Senorita.

AfsaraZ Senior Member
AfsaraZ
AfsaraZ

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Jennifer's complexion seems to fluctuate on the show probably because of a natural tan she's developing due to the outdoor shoots-- I don't really see why that should be fought with by putting on piles of "skin lightening/evening" makeup or whatnot. And I certainly wouldn't call her complexion "dark" by any means. She looks very real (and flawless as usual, Jenny is naturally gorgeous) with the light/natural style of makeup she has on now. It makes her character seem more real.

Usually actresses in other serials are constantly wearing designer clothes and tons of makeup even when they're shown to be going to sleep/waking up from sleep--- which looks soo fake! The characters' makeup is something I personally don't have any issues with on this show at all.

Edited by AfsaraZ - 10 April 2013 at 10:09pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nietzy

hateme2 IF-Rockerz
hateme2
hateme2

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
I find wheatish complexion more attractive and I am male.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Rogue...NietzyDabulls23

Rogue... Goldie
Rogue...
Rogue...

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:08am | IP Logged

I like women with wheatish complexion  more ...makes them luk extremely sexy !

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NietzyDabulls23

-ParamHolic- IF-Dazzler
-ParamHolic-
-ParamHolic-

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:20am | IP Logged
I guess it will match her character...
SahirsBeard IF-Rockerz
SahirsBeard
SahirsBeard

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:47am | IP Logged
I think Jennifer's make up is very real and natural. It's how many girls do their make up day to day... apart from her eyes, which I must say, are perhaps the most delicate, balanced and beautiful eye make up I've ever seen.
I don't know if I quite agree with your post because I think Jennifer's make up really highlights the essence of Kumudsundari. I mean, it seems more exotic than dull to me, and fits her village setting. I think packing on even the slightest bit more product on her face would take away from the simplicity of Kumudsundari and her character, her lifestyle... and not to mention, it's so great to have an actress on tv with a true Indian complexion. Really light actresses tend to be more intimidating. Kumud seems so relatable to me because she's beautiful in her own way and not trying to be perfect.

I don't know if what I'm saying is making any sense, but I've never had to worry about not putting on much make up ever since I've started watching Saraswatichandra because of Kumud. And I think if she has had that effect on me then certainly the make up department of the show is doing something right! Dancing

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AfsaraZNietzy

Go to top