DNA/TOI:Neha Marda make comeback with DKDM/Nt pg 4

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Neha Marda returns with..Mahadev

Chaya Unnikrishnan

eha Marda best remembered as Gehna of Balika Vadhu had quit acting to get married to Patna- based businessman last February. After a year of marital bliss, the actress is all set to make a comeback to TV with the mythological Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. She will play Brinda, wife of Jalandhar, who is a lookalike of Lord Shiva, albeit with grey shades. Says producer Nikhil Sinha, "We were looking for a good actress and our search ended with Neha. Brinda will have positive influence in Jalandhar's life." Neha, who has started shooting for the serial is excited being part of a show that is about her 'Ishtdevta, Bholenath'. "It was my vrat of 16 somvar that got me my husband so when I got this serial there was no question of saying no," smiles Neha who was looking for a show in which she would have a prominent role. "Though I am doing a cameo (her role will last as long as Jalandhar's track is there), my character is very strong," she informs. Ask her whether she has seen the earlier episodes of Mahadev and she confesses that she hasn't been an avid watcher. "My mother-in-law watches it religiously and she felt I should have played Parvati!" smiles Neha. Ask her what kept her away from acting for so long and she quips that she wanted to take a break after seven years of non-stop shooting. "I did Balika Vadhu for four years and before that was doing other serials. When I got married I wanted to spend time with my husband and indulge in all those things that I had missed earlier. Also, for most part I was abroad," she says. As for her husband's reaction to her facing the arclights again, Neha says that he is elated as he used to think that she is missing out on work. "It was I who had to convince him that I needed this break," she quips.
Chaya Unnikrishnan

Published Date:  Apr 12, 2013

Neha Marda makes a comeback with Mahadev

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Apr 10, 2013, 03.51 PM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Triangle Film Company|Pratigya Season 2|Neha Marda|Mohit Raina|Life OK
Neha Marda makes a comeback with Mahadev
Neha MardaMore Pics

RELATED

Neha Marda, who rose to popularity with her character Gehna in Balika Vadhu has been away from TV since quite some time now but the beautiful and talented actress is all set to make a comeback with Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev aired onLife OK.

Sources inform that the on-going Jalandar track which has already created a lot of buzz amongst the viewers will have a new addition as Neha Marda will enter the show. Neha has been finalised to play the role of Vrinda, Jalandar's (Lord Shiva's clone) lover. The future track will highlight Jalandar (Mohit Raina) and Vrinda's (Neha Mehta) love story. The couple will also be seen getting married on the show. Neha will start shooting for the show from today (10 April 2013).

Neha was recently in news for bagging the role of Chinki in Pratigya season 2.

When contacted, Neha confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am doing the show. I am in fact going on the sets right now. I got a call from the production house yesterday night for this character and I am really looking forward to play the role." 
Edited by Armu4eva - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Finally!😃
But why comeback? Did she play any role before?
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
There is a typo in the title: it's comeback with, not comeback in.

@topic: Thanks. Finally we have Vrinda. Not sure about the casting choice but let's see.
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Oh My God.
For me she is not a perfect choice... but let's see how she does justice to the role
I m crying😭.
Edited by smiley4567 - 11 years ago
mohitfanT thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Neha is a fabulous actress n a tremendous dancer
i have seen her as a Gehna in BV
she was amazing there!
lets see...hope fr the best
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
So Jalandhar is going to stay for atleasta month. He'll have a love story. If Mahadev can have have one then why not his aansh? Vrinda is a good character. Good choice of the actress too for the role. 
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
They should do full on Bollywood love story with them. Complete with Vrinda's father saying "Ja Vrinda ja, jeeley apni zindagi..." 🤣
jyoti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
she is a good actress, have seen her in balika vadhu😃i am sure she will do justice to the role😊hmmm jalandhar and vrinda's love story looking forward to it but someone plz tell me was there any love story between them😕i have read that jalandhar rescue her and then they got married😕
itstimetospeak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Vrinda is a wonderful superb actress with powerful awesome dialogue delivery. i have seen many episodes of BV n she acts really well. good choice by the CV's i say.
looking forward to her entry👏
ashyt thumbnail
oh i am so happy as i just love neha .she is very pretty and awesome actress and terrific dancer.i am sure about casting