Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz
Veni-Vidi-Vici
Veni-Vidi-Vici

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saibanu

Originally posted by Vidishaa

Nice post Big smile

My one and only passion is books ...when I was graduating, I made pledge to finish reading all books which is available in library '.and also i used to borrow books from nearby libraries's ...so in a week , i used to finish at least 2-3 books ...My frnds thought , I have gone crazy ...LOLLOL

But all hell broke loose when my results were out ...Because in between all this , I did not gave much importance to academic books and ended up with 2nd class marks ..

so mine,for sure cannot be considered as success story ...LOLLOL

What were your grad subjects?
PMC ..phy, maths and computer science ...Tongue

great...are you doing your masters now?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saibanu

deepali.rock IF-Rockerz
deepali.rock
deepali.rock

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:34am | IP Logged

Nice postBig smile

My one
and only passion is books ...when I was graduating, I made pledge to finish
reading all books which is available in library '.and also i used to borrow
books from nearby libraries's ...so in a week , i used tofinishat
least2-3 books ...My frnds thought , I have gone crazy ...LOLLOL

But all hell broke loose
when my results were out ...Because in between all this , I did not gave much
importance to academic books andendedup with 2nd class marks ..

so mine,for sure cannot be
considered as successstory ...LOLLOL

PMC ..phy, maths and computerscience...Tongue

computer science as in programming or??

saibanu

Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mudraswathi

Originally posted by turags

i come from a family of doctors...and i was super duper passionate about NOT becoming a doctor OR even marrying a doctor. I did both.TongueLOL

No wrong... you are passionate about what others do in your family

haan woh toh hain..i am passionate about that profession probably because its there in my blood. but i never wanted to go into that profession. this not wanting to become a doctor or marry a doctor was my teenage ki zidd cum decision..

... and your passion appeared in all your FFs .. though, quite coincidence... but you chose to describe the medical profession thoroughly than any other... If you wanted, you could have just made up the story with out even going into those details... But you did!!!

And you have succeeded in spreading the word... that 'if you want to do any thing...do thorough research'...SmileEmbarrassed

thank you...i have seen first hand how much time, dedication and effort goes into studying, becoming and remaining a doctor (not that other professions don't require them but still...)...so try my best not to blunder where med facts are concerned. 

PS: I have asked you once.. whether you are a doctor yourself...in your very first FF...remember?

yup.i remember that one...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mudraswathibawaswift

saibanu IF-Dazzler
saibanu
saibanu

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged

Nice post Big smile

My one and only passion is books ...when I was graduating, I made pledge to finish reading all books which is available in library '.and also i used to borrow books from nearby libraries's ...so in a week , i used to finish at least 2-3 books ...My frnds thought , I have gone crazy ...LOLLOL

But all hell broke loose when my results were out ...Because in between all this , I did not gave much importance to academic books and ended up with 2nd class marks ..

Who said academic excellence only qualifies as success?

You have well read the life and saw the world through books.. Reading 2-3 books a week is not a simple matter... and your insightful thinking did appear in your stories... Way to go girl!!! Clap

Thank you so much , I am honoured Embarrassed

Edited by saibanu - 10 April 2013 at 3:56am

mudraswathi

saibanu IF-Dazzler
saibanu
saibanu

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:58am | IP Logged

Nice post Big smile

PMC ..phy, maths and computer science ...Tongue

great...are you doing your masters now?

yes , masters in business Admin Big smile

achiever

neelimapn4 Senior Member
neelimapn4
neelimapn4

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Mudra, this may sound rather repetitive, I had shared my life experiences in one of your earlier posts almost one month back..

I did my M.Sc. way back in 1978 and was selected next year for a job in a National Research Institute.. I worked there for 14 years...5 years before marriage and 9 years after marriage..
Ours was a joint family.. When my elder son was born,I could resume work after 4 months because my MIL and FIL were there to look after my son...But when my younger son was born after 7 years, my MIL & FIL had moved to their hometown to spend their retired life there..

I took the decision without hesitation to quit my job to look after my kids..I had very good prospects in my job , the work was very relevant to my qualification...But I have no regrets whatsoever of my decision..,...I devoted next 14 years to my kids.. When my elder son left for USA to do MS and my younger son excelled in his HSC exam. with flying colours, I was a proud mother...

Meanwhile, my husband who is a businessman, expanded his business and I became the proprietor of a company...My elder son finished his MS, returned and joined the business...
My younger son will also do the same..

Now I am free to resume and persue my studies in classical music.. After a gap of 14 years,I continued to take lessons in music, prepared for 3 and a half years, and appeared for the Sangeet Visharad Part I exam. in December 2012 and  passed it with distinction..Now I will prepare in the next three years for the Part II exam...

Meanwhile, I had nurtured silently another of my passion- Cricket - and collected enormous data for last 40 years..I was crazy about cricket since my childhood.. When I was a  15 yrs old schoolgirl, I started writing down in notebooks each and every detail of India's every match...That was the year 1971 when Sunil Gavaskar played his famous first series in West Indies...I have handwritten original data in about 20 notebooks and I make it uptodate after India's every match..

I was doing this only for my own pleasure and kept it to myself for 40 years... My husband came to know about it ten years after our marriage...
Recently he started persuading me to write about it...I finalised my subject two years back and started working on it,,,My book got published last year...

" Master Stroke : 100 Centuries of Sachin Tendulkar "

Edited by neelimapn4 - 10 April 2013 at 6:10am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

aarti1303achieverKulfii.Veenaperbawaswiftttrocksmudraswathi

mudraswathi IF-Stunnerz
mudraswathi
mudraswathi

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by neelimapn4

Mudra, this may sound rather repetitive, I had shared my life experiences in one of your earlier posts almost one month back..

I did my M.Sc. way back in 1978 and was selected next year for a job in a National Research Institute.. I worked there for 14 years...5 years before marriage and 9 years after marriage..
Ours was a joint family.. When my elder son was born,I could resume work after 4 months because my MIL and FIL were there to look after my son...But when my younger son was born after 7 years, my MIL & FIL had moved to their hometown to spend their retired life there..

I took the decision without hesitation to quit my job to look after my kids..I had very good prospects in my job , the work was very relevant to my qualification...But I have no regrets whatsoever of my decision..,...I devoted next 14 years to my kids.. When my elder son left for USA to do MS and my younger son excelled in his HSC exam. with flying colours, I was a proud mother...

Meanwhile, my husband who is a businessman, expanded his business and I became the proprietor of a company...My elder son finished his MS, returned and joined the business...

Now I am free to resume and persue my studies in classical music.. After a gap of 14 years,I continued to take lessons in music, prepared for 3 and a half years, and appeared for the Sangeet Visharad Part I exam. in December 2012 and  passed it with distinction..Now I will prepare in the next three years for the Part II exam...

Meanwhile, I had nurtured silently another of my passion- Cricket - and collected enormous data for last 40 years..I was crazy about cricket since my childhood.. When I was a  15 yrs old schoolgirl, I started writing down in notebooks each and every detail of India's every match...That was the year 1971 when Sunil Gavaskar played his famous first series in West Indies...I have handwritten original data in about 20 notebooks and I make it uptodate after India's every match..

I was doing this only for my own pleasure and kept it to myself for 40 years... My husband came to know about it ten years after our marriage...
Recently he started persuading me to write about it...I finalised my subject two years back and started working on it,,,My book got published last year...

Neelima Ji,

I cannot thank you enough to take time and post your personal life story again!!!Hug

You do not know how many times I might have thought about you..since I came to know about you!
Almost every woman face this cross roads  in their life...and..couldnt quite decide which road they should take ahead... Especially, in India, chances are bleak to come back if you want to take a break!!

Your story is truly inspiring one to all...achieving highest success in whatever you do!!

I thank KTLK forum to be able to meet people like you, Sujata rao and manySmile!!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

aarti1303neelimapn4achieverVeenaperbawaswiftttrocksJusticeDenied17

neelimapn4 Senior Member
neelimapn4
neelimapn4

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by neelimapn4

Neelima Ji,

I cannot thank you enough to take time and post your personal life story again!!!Hug

You do not know how many times I might have thought about you..since I came to know about you!
Almost every woman face this cross roads  in their life...and..couldnt quite decide which road they should take ahead... Especially, in India, chances are bleak to come back if you want to take a break!!

Your story is truly inspiring one to all...achieving highest success in whatever you do!!

I thank KTLK forum to be able to meet people like you, Sujata rao and manySmile!!!

Thanks Mudra, for your compliments..
And please no " ji "... we are friends..

You started this thread, I would love to know about your  own experience..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Veenapermudraswathittrocks

Go to top